Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2022 10:15 AM
Apr 2020
First I would like to discuss what "the best anime" is to me. The "best anime" is not about story, animation, music nor anything that can be understood by oneself. The best anime is just something you feel, as in the moment the very first second plays you just feel it, deep down inside, even if you deny it, that at this very moment you are about to hit the peak of your life. To me that was my experience with the first 3 episodes of do it yourself!! Firstly, the reason I started this masterpiece even though it's "underground.". I'm a follower of studio pine jam, for whatever reason I just enjoy watching their stuff. I haven't gotten to the old stuff yet, but will definitely eventually even if I have no interest. So seeing that they were working on a new anime I instantly place it in my PTW, unknowing of how much my life would be changed the moment I pressed that blessed 'Play' button. So back to the title.
Is Do it yourself!! the best anime ever made? to me, yes and absolutely so. I would die on a hill fighting for this anime.
Please do leave your opinion on the anime, and if it isn't your own "best" anime by the definition I had used I would like to know what your "best" anime is.
Oct 24, 2022 10:25 AM
Sep 2022
For me I would say Chainsaw Man is my favourite anime. I know that’s cliche to say now with all the Chainsaw Man fans absolutely going ape shit about it but I love the atmosphere and the world building of it. Once you get to later chapters it gets absolutely incredible and has some amazing twists. For me, do it yourself almost doesn’t know what it wants to be and is a little boring. I watch slice of life all the time, I’m not a Shonen junkie. I feel like nothing really happens in general and the setting is futuristic yet never uses that one aspect in any smart ways, no pun intended. I do respect your opinion but for me it’s a solid 6/10. Not what I consider the best anime ever but everyone has different tastes
Oct 24, 2022 10:28 AM

Mar 2021
To you, subjectively, it is the best anime of all time. And no one is going to argue with you about your taste.
But, objectively, you're take is simply wrong. Remember that I said objectively, which negates any personal feeling towards anything.
Oct 24, 2022 10:29 AM
Jun 2021
EpicGeh said:
First I would like to discuss what "the best anime" is to me. The "best anime" is not about story, animation, music nor anything that can be understood by oneself. The best anime is just something you feel, as in the moment the very first second plays you just feel it, deep down inside, even if you deny it, that at this very moment you are about to hit the peak of your life. To me that was my experience with the first 3 episodes of do it yourself!! Firstly, the reason I started this masterpiece even though it's "underground.". I'm a follower of studio pine jam, for whatever reason I just enjoy watching their stuff. I haven't gotten to the old stuff yet, but will definitely eventually even if I have no interest. So seeing that they were working on a new anime I instantly place it in my PTW, unknowing of how much my life would be changed the moment I pressed that blessed 'Play' button. So back to the title.
Is Do it yourself!! the best anime ever made? to me, yes and absolutely so. I would die on a hill fighting for this anime.
Please do leave your opinion on the anime, and if it isn't your own "best" anime by the definition I had used I would like to know what your "best" anime is.

I felt that feeling with Ouran High School Host Club. Wow, I love it
Oct 24, 2022 10:33 AM
Aug 2021
this is a very solid sol anime for sure also with a very specific theme.
the execution is good, handles relationships nice,
visual style is similar to that of eizouken, possibly a strong candidate this season in this genre.
sol school with a very speicific theme anime are generally similar. in the end it mostly comes down to the sound, art, development of characters and their relations/chemistry with others, the flow and timing, and sometimes a sense of progression of their life.
is it the best of all time or this year or this season? probably still need more episodes or so. but at the least, it is solid. so far for this season, i might be rooting for bocchi the rock for the best of this season position.
some top reviews might found this show to be gimmicky and not unique at points, but for casual anime enjoyers (or those that doesn't think and analyze that much with lots of animes watched) like me, this show still feels fresh, and at many points demonstrates new ideas and creativity.
Cabbage_CatOct 24, 2022 10:46 AM
Oct 24, 2022 10:42 AM
Apr 2021
slice of life genre is one of my favourite genre. after a long day if i Watch do it yourself! it's really heart warming and i give 8.5/10 for now . and I think it's deserve it
Oct 24, 2022 10:59 AM

Dec 2020
Highschool dxd was my fav anime when I was watching it, I masturbated everytime whenever rias or akeno was on screen but post but clarity made me realise i am just wasting my father's money and my time.

Oct 24, 2022 11:00 AM
Nov 2019
EpicGeh said:

I felt this way about Tokyo revengers having not read any manga before in the first 5 minutes I knew it was going to be insanely good
Oct 24, 2022 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
ofcourse not !!

still too far for that !!
Oct 24, 2022 11:42 AM
Feb 2021
Objectively Puella magi madoka magica is certainly the best. Period.
Oct 24, 2022 11:59 AM

Jun 2021
K-On for all time fav for me, but Bochi The Rock is the best for this season imo. Do It Yourself have nice art-style. I love how cute Yua Serufu characteristic portrayed. I might rate this series 8/10 at the end of the season i think
Oct 24, 2022 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
Potatoboy11 said:
To you, subjectively, it is the best anime of all time. And no one is going to argue with you about your taste.
But, objectively, you're take is simply wrong. Remember that I said objectively, which negates any personal feeling towards anything.
Objectively all anime are equal. Everything around the "quality" of an anime is subjective. We all have different reasons for watching anime, so it objectively not being the best isn't really all that important since there is objectively no best anime.
Oct 24, 2022 12:04 PM

Mar 2021
zombie_pegasus said:
Potatoboy11 said:
Objectively all anime are equal. Everything around the "quality" of an anime is subjective. We all have different reasons for watching anime, so it objectively not being the best isn't really all that important since there is objectively no best anime.

That does not contradict with what I said.
Might I as well add. While there is no objective best anime. There still is bad anime.
Oct 24, 2022 12:09 PM

Feb 2020
No, but definitely the best anime of the season. I love the characters so much. <3

SerafosDec 14, 2022 3:55 AM
Oct 24, 2022 12:25 PM

May 2022
@EpicGeh Love your opening post. Respect your passion. DIY may end up my favorite of the season, and it may be a 10/10 on my casual scale. But so far, Bocchi the Rock is more impressive. DIY is a 10 but BtR is a solid 11.
Oct 24, 2022 1:31 PM
Feb 2022
I like the show, it's real cute and the art is very creative, for now its a 8/10. My favorite currently is k-on, but that may be recency bias since I'm almost done with it. Before that my favorite was Assassination Classroom but right now I would say k-on.
Oct 24, 2022 1:57 PM
Sep 2019
I get what you're saying, I have that feeling about Yuru Camp. I used to get it with Durarara.
Oct 24, 2022 9:25 PM
Jan 2021
I agree watching this show is great. Fills you with warmth and contentness
Oct 24, 2022 11:07 PM
Feb 2021
My best anime is where human aspects and the author’s ideology and perspective are clearly shown while telling the story to the audience beautifully. Sometimes it’s packed with roller coaster ride of emotions. Telling a story with characters made of cardboards is an insult to humanity. We’re beautifully made yet each one are twisted and perverted in their own way. That’s what I want to see.

I’ve probably rated some titles with 10-8s by sheer ignorance but nevertheless what I wrote above is my definition of “the best”.

For me, DIY is a dessert served after a superb meal. These kinds of anime are necessary to clean one’s palate.
Oct 26, 2022 2:16 PM

May 2015
K-ON and Chihayafuru will always be the best ever for me, that being said, this and Bocchi the Rock are by far the best this season
Oct 26, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2022
It's a good show. I'm enjoying the setting and the art style. The animation is very good as well and makes these lovable characters all the more expressive. Definitely makes you feel nice and warm inside like every CGDCT SOL should. I wouldn't go so far as to call it the "best thing ever" but it is pretty good.

The show I do think is the "best thing ever" is a closely guarded secret you will never be able to guess in a million years.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 26, 2022 8:37 PM

May 2022
Okay, after episode 4 I am forced to acknowledge the data. Objectively speaking, based on happymeter and chillaxin measurements, and oxytocin levels measured in the cerebrospinal fluid of 1000 anime watchers in a double blinded study... DIY is the best anime, ever!
Oct 27, 2022 4:21 AM

Oct 2018
Well, this is my AOTS so far... atleast until Mob Psycho starts showing it's true colors.

Edit : 2nd month of the season in, still my AOTS.
Etherius_ZSNov 25, 2022 3:47 AM
Oct 27, 2022 5:44 AM

Dec 2008
My bestest is probably Azumanga Daioh which I saw many years ago and I do see a few similarities between Osaka and Serufu and they both have that quirkiness that I enjoy. I have quite a lot of anime under my belt and have favourites in many genre, but while DIY does appeal to me from the visual/character aspect I do think that the introduction of Juliet wosname has ruined it a bit. However, I will stick this one out because the beauty with anime like this is that they tend to get better each time you rewatch them.
May the Uguu be with you.

Nov 23, 2022 8:33 AM
Dec 2019
Enjoyable but surely not best anime ever, for me at least
Nov 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Aug 2020
EpicGeh said:

OPs take is understandable. I really enjoy DiY!!, it's one of my favourite releases of fall 2022. It's sweet and funny. Today's episode was nice, treehouse is the final creation of every imaginative kid.

With this said, I look forward to the next episodes.

Nov 26, 2022 2:48 PM

May 2021
I think a lot of anime would be considered the "best anime ever" to people in general, though I've been enjoying watching Do It Yourself!! each week.

Dec 14, 2022 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
I really like it, it's kinda relaxing watching it. I can wait to see the treehouse at the end of the show.
Dec 26, 2022 6:02 AM
Apr 2020
Hello everyone now that I've finished the anime I thought I should update everyone.

I started this by saying that this is the best anime under the definition I had Placed, but not that it's finished I would like to say that this is anime is utter garbage.

ANd using that garbage we will do it yourself!! haha pun... sorry... anyway yeah best anime ever indeed at least better than anything that came out this season
Jan 29, 2023 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
"best anime ever?"

Definitely not for me.

It started nice, I was happy to hear voice of Inoue Kikuko as Serufu's Mother. Watched 2 episodes, Serufu is nice, but then in episode 3 appeared rude, arrogant American kid OTZ I dislike that character so much. I endured watching that episode, hoping that in next episodes she will have less screen time, but no, she appeared in episode 4 too. I couldn't bear hearing and looking at her anymore. Thus this anime is dropped and deleted. Definitely not going to buy Blu-ray.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 12, 2022

173 by Wonderlust_Arte »»
Apr 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

239 by EL-Mariofrfr »»
Apr 22, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

140 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 4, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 26, 2022

106 by ANDRZEJ11121 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Do It Yourself!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.