Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 1, 2022 5:58 PM

Sep 2015
Damn Chopper is taking a lot of arrows from Perosperos, seems like the Rumble ball can be further elevated.

But damn queen is firing lazers out of his mouth. Just what is Queens devil fruit exactly? All mechanical with how he moved his neck around.
So far all the scenes with queen were quite boring.

Kid just does not care xP

Back at it with the CGI Kaido D:

Damn Kanjuro, Andd an Ashura flashback :I

DAMN DID KIKU JUST GET STABBED?!?!
Hopefully Kinemon sealed the deal.

Wow Kaido found Kinemon and the others, that was an intense last scene, Kinemon took that hit hard from Kaidos kanabo.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 1, 2022 6:08 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Damn Chopper is taking a lot of arrows from Perosperos, seems like the Rumble ball can be further elevated.

But damn queen is firing lazers out of his mouth. Just what is Queens devil fruit exactly? All mechanical with how he moved his neck around.

Wow Kaido found Kinemon and the others, that was an intense last scene, Kinemon took that hit hard from Kaidos kanabo.

Where did you watch the ep?? Doesn't seem to be out on Crunchyroll yet (at least in Australia lol).
Oct 1, 2022 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
The pacing was slow in 2nd half of the episode, but I liked the animation & direction in second half and osts, they were spot on. Ost at the time of Kikue was a great choice. We get the flashback of Gastino giving his high level intellect to Chopper for increasing the time for his monster point.
CGI Kaido for just a second... so, no problem with it.

The direction for Kin'emon vs Kanjiro was good, even flashback was not that bad in my opinion(it was bit long though). Showing the friendship between Kin'emon & Kanjiro!
The last few seconds were great! The animation was great as well in that part.

Next week, a recap episode of Roof Piece.
removed-userOct 2, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 1, 2022 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
AOD-MAL said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Where did you watch the ep?? Doesn't seem to be out on Crunchyroll yet (at least in Australia lol).

On YouTube. Without subtitle though!
Oct 1, 2022 6:44 PM

Aug 2019
The Kanjuro stuff was annoying to watch. We didn't need all those flashbacks or all that drama for his "death". I've lost track of how often he's died at this point. Kiku's "death" was more painful to watch by comparison, not that I actually give a damn about her character either though tbh.

The only part of the episode that I really liked was Chopper's CC flashback, mostly because it was just refreshing to get a scene that didn't take place in Wano. Oh and I guess Kinemon attacking Kaido was kinda cool even if the end result was predictable. But CGI dragon Kaido looked like shit as usual imo.
Oct 1, 2022 7:18 PM

Apr 2013
have no interest in either chopper or scabbards vs kanjuro, recap next week xd
Oct 1, 2022 7:52 PM
Aug 2018
KneelBeforeMe said:
have no interest in either chopper or scabbards vs kanjuro, recap next week xd

same here lol, and for recap it's good to wait for better animation
Oct 1, 2022 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
If I am allowed to nitpick. They dragged out the scene with Kaido hitting Kinemon too long. But I understand why. I think they could've done better filler than that.
Oct 1, 2022 8:07 PM

Apr 2021
Are we getting another special episode next week?

Oct 1, 2022 8:27 PM
Aug 2022
alphazero4um said:
If I am allowed to nitpick. They dragged out the scene with Kaido hitting Kinemon too long. But I understand why. I think they could've done better filler than that.

I mean I’ve kinda just accepted that stuff at this point. It’s been like this for years so why keep complaining.
Oct 1, 2022 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
Queens devil fruit seems so weird to me. With all these mechanical parts when he split his neck into multiple pieces + the cannon in his mouth which can shoot a laser beam seems kinda strange as a whole. The flashback of Chopper getting help by Ceasar to increase the Rumble Ball effect was definitely interesting. I just wonder what the side effect this time will be with an 10x increase.

With the announcement everyone now knows that Luffy lost. I hope this won't hurt the mentality of the people who're still fighting tho.

Man, I'm so fucking tired of Kanjuro. With such a bad condition, how he even able to do anything? Not only did he kill Ashura, he now also did the same to Kiku, which is such bullshit. Seeing him finally fall by Kinemon's hand was so satisfying. I swear to god, if he gets up again I will lose it.

The last section of this episode which contained Kaido appearing before Kinemon, Momo and Shinobu was great, especially when Kaido attacked Kinemon. Kinemon took a bad hit and his swords also broke, so I have no clue who will get in Kaido's way when he's going for Momo now. Maybe Yamato? The situation is becoming more and more grim.

Seems like next weeks episode will be a recap, which is fine by me, because I'm on vacation. Hopefully the week after it will continue as usual.
Natsu88Oct 1, 2022 8:39 PM

Oct 1, 2022 9:03 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
VolKur said:
AOD-MAL said:

On YouTube. Without subtitle though!

Thanks! It finally came to Crunchyroll, just a bit late today xD
Oct 1, 2022 9:04 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Episode was ok. Looks like next week is a recap. Funny to hear Kid saying the outro though!!
Oct 1, 2022 9:08 PM

Sep 2010
Kiku's death was so stupid, she couldn't cut a drawing of Oden? She was going with Kine'mon to save Momo and knew the whole time Kanjuro was going to be there.
Oct 1, 2022 9:10 PM

Apr 2022
I swear so many people are dying, I mean Luffy can't be dead but like Kiku was one of my favorites I really hope her death was a fake out. I mean sadly it doesn't seem to be this way.

I'm very glad we got to see the straw hats' reactions to Luffy's death. They all either didn't believe it or were in shock, or Kid who didn't care.

With Luffy falling I'm really curious on how he'll come back. Since he fell to the bottom of the ocean. I'm also curious when Sanji or Zoro will start fighting the tops. Plus I would like to see Robins and Brooks fight, Jimbei's fight, see of Usopp or Nami will fight since we've only seen Big Mom help them and Kid.

Plus with the ending it had Kid voice over. Which if my guess is correct, Kid will be the main character for the next episode or even a few more. Like the Koby on with the One Piece Film: Red extras, we got Koby scenes and him voicing them. Kid is one of the coolest characters in my opinion.

But what has been worse, THE CLIFFHANGERS!!! Now I understand it makes you dive straight into the episode as soon as it's out. But I have to wait FOREVER TO GET AN EPISODE? Now last episode had a cliffhanger, the one before it had a cliffhanger, the one before the last one had a cliffhanger you get the point. Now I swear the word 'cliffhanger' is becoming more and more real. I can't with the ending! Kaido appears then Kine'mon could be dead?

Now all we have to do is wait a whole week for another episode to come out! Cya then weebs.
Oct 1, 2022 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
AOD-MAL said:
Episode was ok. Looks like next week is a recap. Funny to hear Kid saying the outro though!!

A recap of what we just watched... fuck me dead.
Oct 1, 2022 10:42 PM
Apr 2022
THE WORLD BUILDING WAS AMAZING ND THE CHARACTERS ARE TOO GOOD
Oct 1, 2022 10:48 PM

Aug 2019
Wait are we seriously getting another damn recap special next week? We had one at the end of August ffs! It's gotten beyond ridiculous now; I'd rather they just took several weeks off again instead of half-assing it with another dull recap that nobody will watch anyways. :/
Oct 1, 2022 11:02 PM
Oct 2022
I wasn't expecting the time upgrade in the rumble ball and I am really looking forward to the next ep 🤩🤩
Oct 1, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2007
Seeing as how we are getting a recap next week, TOIE might be preparing for the last phase of this arc with a new opening. The opening right now will no longer be relevent to the upcoming events, so it deffinitly seems right to have a new opening theme for the ending of wano. The ending of this arc is so suprising so i hope the studio does it all justice.

Oct 1, 2022 11:43 PM

Jan 2021
Kanjuro’s betrayal was definitely a top ten anime betrayals that shit still hurts
Oct 2, 2022 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
Kanjuro is actually a really skilled samurai when I think about it. He can survive his long going solo. Even when he is cunning, it is not easy to fight all of the other samurai by himself. Moreover he is also badly injured but continue to harass them
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 2, 2022 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
Kinemon has gotten pissed off. I'm glad that the traitor finally died.
Oct 2, 2022 2:08 AM

Oct 2017
Samurai ep, unexpected ending with the clash of two beasts.
Oct 2, 2022 2:33 AM
Jan 2021
Really epic Kaido vs Kinemon!!!
Oct 2, 2022 4:31 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was ok, but could've been way better, especially the Kinemon vs Kanjuro part. You gotta blame Oda here too tbh and I appreciate Toei's effort.

The legend spoke

FMmatronOct 3, 2022 3:57 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2022 5:30 AM

Oct 2017
Damn half of Kinemon's body's gone.
Oct 2, 2022 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
There is no way to describe just how disgusting Kanjuro truly is. 😒

My goodness the OST was KILLING it on this episode: the one during Kiku's speech and Kaido destroying Kin'emon. 🤯
Oct 2, 2022 7:15 AM
Jun 2022
my all time favorite
Oct 2, 2022 7:23 AM
Mar 2012
it should've last 3 minutes insted of 24...
Oct 2, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 2019
Looks like Kanjuro is taken care of for good now hopefully. I'm curious on how someone is gonna grab Luffy from the sea and get him back to Onigashima. Kin'emon got destroyed by Kaido.
Oct 2, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
it was okay to say with indulgence
Oct 2, 2022 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
Man how come Kanjuro is still making this much trouble and causing them this much damage when he should've been dead? It's so frustrating and I don't feel a bit bad about Kiku too. Btw that last scene with Kinemon, did he take on a full on attack from Kaido? But I think I saw Kaido bleeding?
Oct 2, 2022 9:18 AM

May 2016
@Fmmatron Kid taking Luffy ending line was legit worth it.
Oct 2, 2022 9:22 AM
Jun 2021
um ep bem padrao ao mkenos reduziu os flashbacks
Oct 2, 2022 10:08 AM
Mar 2018
meh, kiku dies, ok episode
Oct 2, 2022 10:24 AM
Jul 2020
Back to back lit episodes getting close to the hype chapter
Oct 2, 2022 11:17 AM
Jan 2021
boooooooooooriiiiiiiing
Oct 2, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
WTF IS QUEEN?! A damn Transformer? A gun in his mouth and now his neck gets longer? I'm truly annoyed.

Is it wrong to root for Kaido? I just want to be rid of Wano kuni.
dragynfaerieOct 2, 2022 1:10 PM
Oct 2, 2022 2:21 PM
Apr 2020
I'm glad Kiku died.
Oct 2, 2022 2:26 PM
Feb 2021
non ci sono parole per descrivere un tale capolavoro
Oct 2, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 2021
Kin’emon and Kiku are still running looking for Shinobu, and then they hear her calling out for them. Shinobu tells them that something’s wrong with Momo, but neither she nor anyone else knows what that is. It could have to do with the outcome of Luffy’s conflict with Kaido, but what Momonosuke doesn’t understand is that LUFFY IS THE FIFTH EMPEROR AND HE CHOSE TO TAKE A NAP IN THE SEA BECAUSE OF HOW BORED HE WAS WITH KAIDO!

We now get back to Chopper’s fight with Queen and Pekoms. Unfortunately for him it doesn’t seem to be going well. Chopper is using his body to protect his comrades from the showers of arrows that Pekoms is shooting, and he notes that there isn’t much time left to his gigantification.

We then get to see a flashback of Caesar and Chopper talking to one another on the Thousand Sunny. Caesar tells Chopper that he can extend his gigantification 10 fold, but Chopper mentions that there are side effects to doing so. Caesar reminds Chopper of the fact that he’s a pirate and he’ll be facing enemies that can’t be beaten in 3 minutes.

Chopper gets his resolve together and now he’s willing to take the risk of extending the effects of the Rumble Ball. After thinking about this, Chopper gets back to fighting Queen and Pekoms. He starts out by dodging Queen’s Black Coffee Beam with such finesse. Chopper knows how to move his body in such a smooth way. He casually swipes away Pekoms’ arrows and after thinking about the badassery of Luffy, Chopper fights off Queen’s grip.

While this fight is going on, Bao Huang uses her Marys to make an announcement to all of Onigashima. She claims that Kaido defeated Luffy and everyone freaks out to hearing this. THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND THAT DEFEATING THE FIFTH EMPEROR ISN’T POSSIBLE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?! Bao Huang mentions that those who surrender to Kaido will become his subordinates. Obviously that isn’t something Zoro or Sanji will ever do, so they say “Screw that!”

Kanjuro makes his way over to Kin’s group and before he climbs up the ladder he disguises himself as Kozuki Oden once again, like the scumbag he is. When Momo and Shinobu see him, they react positively as neither of them were present when Kanjuro did this the first time, since Kiku and Kin’emon have seen this before, the two justifiably get angry. Kiku thinks back to Ashura’s sacrifice and then charges at Kanjuro. Kanjuro reminds him of the good times he had with Oden, and her resolve to slice him weakens. Because of this, Kanjuro is able to land a mortal wound and Kiku immediately goes down. Kiku looks at Kin’emon, talking about how he’s ashamed of himself for falling in battle. After Kin’emon and Kiku have their moment, Kiku closes her eyes and her life ends.

Kanjuro then decides to use his Devil Fruit powers (I don’t remember the name of his Devil Fruit) to create a stage for his final battle. This is poetic considering that Kanjuro grew up on stage and he’s been playing a role his entire life. Kanjuro continues to talk up this performance and Kin’emon gets angrier. He starts walking toward him and the battle is about to commence. In a quick and dramatic display, Kin’emon deals the final flow to Kanjuro, in which the two think about their happy moments together in the past. Then Kanjuro says and I quote “If I need someone to drop the curtain on my play, it should be you! Because on that stage… we were… best… friends…” and then Kanjuro falls, ending the saga of the Kurozumi Clan and their fight to against the Kozuki Clan. Such a poetic and artistic end to the life of a double agent. It was a sight to see and it left me… speechless.

Shinobu tells Kin’emon they should run before the enemy finds them, but it’s too late. Kaido crashes down to confront the group. Kin’emon has Shinobu take Momonosuke and run. Kaido warns Kin’emon to get out of his way, but he refuses, hence Kaido swings his club down to strike him down. It’s a very intense exchange between the two as the perspective changes back and forth between them. As Kaido lands his strike, I’m not sure what happened to Kin’emon. Is he still alive?

I’m looking forward to the next episodes!
Oct 2, 2022 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
the *death* scenes for Kiku and Kin'emon were good, but it's one piece, and they're not gonna die lol
Oct 2, 2022 2:50 PM
Oct 2022
AOD-MAL said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

is on telegram, there's upload the episode subtitled at Saturdays night (Chilean hr, 23:30 appp)
Oct 2, 2022 2:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It is THAT adaptation guys, I'm so tired of being upset about it so I'm just not gonna bother his time around.
Oct 2, 2022 3:21 PM
Apr 2021
Surprised Caesar was actually willing to help chopper.
amazing animation as always
Oct 2, 2022 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
So are Kiku and Kanjiro, really, REALLY dead, or are they going to pop up once again?

And we're getting a new protagonist after 1035 episodes and a zillion movies?

LOL

Oct 2, 2022 8:31 PM
Mar 2021
does someone knows if the next episode is a recap?
Oct 2, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 2020
Kanjuro already died finally, tho quite sad he and Kin'emon had great chemistry together and laughed at their funny moments in Zou and Dressrosa Arc but Kanjuro betrayal really is unforgivable.
Oct 3, 2022 1:31 PM
Aug 2022
cant wait another episode
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.