Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2022 5:00 AM
Apr 2013
Well. Despite it being the last episode, not much to talk about. Ryoma recovered to continue his match and we got a bit of flashback. Still not entirely sure what's going on with ryoga though.

Anyway ryoma resumed the match and they sent it off with one last showdown in the tiebreak.. Kind of funny but oh well.

In other news apparently sanada won the singles offscreen? Though well, how the rest of the series goes we'll have to see another time.
Sep 29, 2022 7:02 AM
May 2014
CocoaGalaxy said:
Well. Despite it being the last episode, not much to talk about. Ryoma recovered to continue his match and we got a bit of flashback. Still not entirely sure what's going on with ryoga though.

Anyway ryoma resumed the match and they sent it off with one last showdown in the tiebreak.. Kind of funny but oh well.

In other news apparently sanada won the singles offscreen? Though well, how the rest of the series goes we'll have to see another time.

I was wondering that during the ending. I guess they didn't have time to show his match. I hope we get another season though. I'm worried the show wasn't popular enough.
Oct 2, 2022 6:01 AM
Aug 2021
I just wish the season was longer. Now I have to wait for the next season.
Oct 9, 2022 7:07 PM
Jul 2008
It's been many years ago since I watched the anime/franchise.
I didn't really remember when the anime turned out to be full of superpowers competition.
I still remember about Atobe's Rondo Desctruction that have somehow reasonable explanation.

There's also ridiculous horseback tennis and power shot that can break rackets, which can't be countered because the racket itself broke. Teammate is having trouble? Just set a "black hole" to catch the ball lol.

I like sports anime with super powers like Captain Tsubasa or Kuroko's Basket, but the current state of anime is just blatant magic/superpowers fight without any stamina limit like Dragon Ball.

Very disappointing direction, I don't know if I'll watch next season after this.
Oct 13, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
LeonLanford said:
It's been many years ago since I watched the anime/franchise.
I didn't really remember when the anime turned out to be full of superpowers competition.
I still remember about Atobe's Rondo Desctruction that have somehow reasonable explanation.

There's also ridiculous horseback tennis and power shot that can break rackets, which can't be countered because the racket itself broke. Teammate is having trouble? Just set a "black hole" to catch the ball lol.

I like sports anime with super powers like Captain Tsubasa or Kuroko's Basket, but the current state of anime is just blatant magic/superpowers fight without any stamina limit like Dragon Ball.

Very disappointing direction, I don't know if I'll watch next season after this.

Loool have you actually watched PoT since the start ? The exaggeration is part of the charm of the anime. Like you survived through Yukimura's skill that can take away your senses in the previous seasons and you're complaining now hahaha ?
"I hate humans. I find the thought that I'm from the same species to be depressing"– Koko Hekmatyar
Oct 29, 2022 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
I was pretty much covering my face in embarrassment throughout the entire series.
I remember really loving PoT, but I guess maybe because it's been a while and I've
gotten older, I found myself flinching each time they called out the name of their moves. ^^

That's that. But what really put me off is the fact the Ryouma switched teams.
I would have preferred he just stayed put in America to fight against Japan.
It just felt like he wasn't taking the World Cup seriously.

And what's with barely showing Ryouma play in 13 episodes, besides the last 2?

A very disappointing season. 5/10
I hope they do better next time if they plan on a sequel.
Dec 14, 2022 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
Guess I was expecting too much to get the Japan vs Germany match. Overall quality of matches was really subpar this season. And Echizen's scaling is all over the place. He can basically 1 v 22 Team America and be a threat to Byodouin, Ryoga, and other high caliber players, but then struggles with this prince guy just because he's good at returning shots. I mean this prince guy couldve been a great foil. There was plenty of opportunities to set up him up as both a love rival and a tennis rival and since he is a prince he couldve actually had a nickname/title 'prince of tennis' in french to nod to the viewers, but seems like a lot of wasted opportunity here.

Oh and what subber gets the super sweet spot right but not the pinnacle of perfection?
Jan 24, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
The most disappointing entry for the "Prince of Tennis" franchise.
Where's the animation? - All we got were static scenes, there was no hype or anything of the sort for the battles.
No character development whatsoever.

Just a bore really, even the ridiculous power-ups (which I've praised before) couldn't help this season.

I had a lot more fun watching the CGI Musical movie; Ryouma! The Prince of Tennis Shinsei Movie: Tennis no Ouji-sama
Mar 5, 2023 12:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ryoma is the same the Saiyans, in ever match evolve!!!! kekeke

Well, the final will be Japan Vs Germany, but I supposse we will know the winner never!!!

Horrible season, without a solid plot and the matchs without interestings

2/10

Disapointed
Apr 6, 2023 8:18 PM

May 2020
Now we wait another 10 years for new season I guess. For me, it was pretty dry season but I still enjoyed it :) Wish Sakuno wasn't there because she doesn't have any impact on him lmfao. 6/10 for me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 10 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Sep 7, 2022

3 by kiwiskies »»
Jan 25, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 8 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Aug 24, 2022

6 by Tatsunami »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:29 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 3 Discussion

CocoaGalaxy - Jul 20, 2022

4 by Tatsunami »»
Aug 3, 2023 8:25 AM

Poll: » Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: U-17 World Cup Episode 1 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jul 6, 2022

9 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:51 PM

» Sequel Announced

tsubasalover - Jun 4, 2023

2 by Pspdice »»
Jun 4, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.