Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2022 4:39 AM
Feb 2020
I know everyone's simping for this anime really hard but hear me out
All i wanna ask is "don't you think it was all pointless",
To make my point more clear I want to appreciate the good things I mean visuals, sound tracks,color schemes, choreography and ofc feels, it had all that but what about logic, if I sum up the story it goes like this

A boy lost his mum and than started hanging out in bad gatherings than got addicted to things that were bad for him, went crazy killed innocent people and than died,

This was the fucking story why would someone give about something so idiotic, can't these people think for second, and are we supposed to root for these guys?

What's next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?

All i wanna say is that I wholeheartedly agree with what that doctor guy said when giving David his last medicine "Go be a legend or whatever the fuck you people do"

This show reminded of a much better show named bungou stray dogs, character in that show had the same circumstances but they weren't bad and selfish people, they helped each other out and became people unlike David and his friends and the end the conclusion show gave us was so mediocre, Lucy went to the moon as a bloody tourist, David gave his life so Lucy could get a vacation how dumb is that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway this show was done amazing but it had no logic behind it and the only character with a bit of a brain was Lucy but she was always naked Which is so annoying and distracting (and incredibly sexy ofc)

So well m giving it 7 just bcz of how well done it was but I hope they don't keep making these kinda shows, it'll Ruin the anime as a medium

Edit: A lot of people are saying that characters made bad decisions bcz of circumstances and I just fail to see how that would actually work, why couldn't David honor his mom's dream and try to be better or why did he kept upgrading until he became less human and more machine, someone said there are no other career choices other than being a cyberpunk but there were police officers and other corporate people like that innocent women which David shot just bcz he was losing it, he made her son an orphan bcz he slipped a bit,
What m saying is that circumstances are not an excuse for killing people or being a bad person
Mathi786Sep 26, 2022 8:26 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 25, 2022 4:48 AM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
To make my point more clear I want to appreciate the good things I mean visuals, sound tracks,color schemes, choreography and ofc feels, it had all that but what about logic, if I sum up the story it goes like this

A boy lost his mum and than started hanging out in bad gatherings than got addicted to things that were bad for him, went crazy killed innocent people and than died,

This was the fucking story why would someone give about something so idiotic, can't these people think for second, and are we supposed to root for these guys?

What's next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?

All i wanna say is that I wholeheartedly agree with what that doctor guy said when giving David his last medicine "Go be a legend or whatever the fuck you people do"

This show reminded of a much better show named bungou stray dogs, character in that show had the same circumstances but they weren't bad and selfish people, they helped each other out and became people unlike David and his friends and the end the conclusion show gave us was so mediocre, Lucy went to the moon as a bloody tourist, David gave his life so Lucy could get a vacation how dumb is that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway this show was done amazing but it had no logic behind it and the only character with a bit of a brain was Lucy but she was always naked Which is so annoying and distracting (and incredibly sexy ofc)

So well m giving it 7 just bcz of how well done it was but I hope they don't keep making these kinda shows, it'll Ruin the anime as a medium

“What’s next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?”

They did that, it’s called Death Note.
Sep 25, 2022 4:51 AM

Apr 2022
I kinda agree with you. I thought many character decisions were stupid and thus I didn't even feel sad at the end. Production wise there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but the nudity felt out of place and like the producers just wanted to show "Look what we get away with".
Sep 25, 2022 4:52 AM
Jun 2022
Bad situations cause people to make bad decisions, replace the cyberware with drugs and that's basically some of my friends back in highschool who end up in the dirt cus of shit that happened in their childhood.

David got it in with the wrong people, but they helped him adjust. He didnt want to lose any more people he cared about, and that's why he went so far down the path he chose.

But this is also night city, friendship means nothing, the city'll eat you up wether you like it or not. He woulda died one way or another if he hadnt found the sandevistan.
Sep 25, 2022 5:03 AM
Oct 2021
Look, people need to stop thinking that fictional characters need to be Einstein and always make the most logical desicions or make the desicions you would make in their place. You can tell a story about dumb characters that do dumb stuff - or do stuff differently than you would - and it can still be a good story.
Sep 25, 2022 5:03 AM
Jul 2021
err please ignore this guy. he never experiece or learn real history what if you live in really bad city.

you can take real life bad city for example my friend where gangster, illegal alcohol drink and drugs is everywhere.

no matter what good guy you are, will choose bad decisions, why ? because people need money to eat

i mean good bait man, you clearly not waching this anime and making random posting shit bait.

im mean clearly how the heck you miss the point & plot of the anime.

except you are children that does not understand anything at all.

this is just very dumb or people with less brain exist ? the guy make this post not monkey right ?
RedCobra75Sep 25, 2022 8:18 AM
Sep 25, 2022 5:12 AM
Feb 2022
I see you dont know how living in night city looks like
After david lost his mom he has simple choice
Be a criminal or a homeless man and die because you cant afford food
Sep 25, 2022 5:13 AM
Jun 2021
Dumb people making good bait
Sep 25, 2022 5:19 AM
Jun 2020
Mathi786 said:

You're not wrong at all. But it was honestly so well done that I haven't even thought about this. Your points are correct but I doubt that without bad decisions this show would be that fast paced, and that energy mixed with cyberpunk style it's just a great combo. So, you are right, but for me it remains a 10. If it was not that good with art style and music I would have give it 7 or 8. Anyway, if you enjoyed it, a show doesn't need to be perfect to be a masterpiece. Just my opinion btw.
Sep 25, 2022 5:22 AM

Feb 2020
Mathi786 said:

I agree and not agree at the same time. If you think it was pointless, and all the things you mentioned I agree,but than why are you rating it 7 ?? 😅

Sep 25, 2022 5:24 AM
Sep 2022
Cravun said:
Mathi786 said:

“What’s next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?”

if you played the game you knew what this was abt
Sep 25, 2022 5:48 AM
Jan 2022
Mathi786 said:

First, I want to make clear that this show had been made up with a partnership of three companies. Just like Arcane, it was suppose to advertise Cyberpunk 2077( the game) and thus they make a contract with Netflix to produce smth. As a producer, Netflix chose Studio Trigger. I want to make a point here that the story was a canon and had taken place before Cyberpunk 2077 actual original story. Cyberpunk Edgerunners main purpose was to get more ppl into the game. And it does like ppl like me started playing it (cause I want to kill Adam Smasher every way possible).

Secondly, the story wasn't completely pointless. The show actually predicts the next age future. Not how ppl will replace their organic parts with machines, but present the fact of hierarchical structure. It shows the extent of how cold and rock hard humans are going to be in contemporary world. For e.g

Third, heard you saying how people are so bad and gangsta here and it's bad for us to pity such scums who don't think about lives of killing people, if i correctly interpreted your opinion. In response I would say that it's what anime want viewers to reach. There are many anime where you would have to justify what's correct and what's wrong and thus create a ironic situation (mostly happens in psychological anime). Most common example would be Attack On Titan. I am not defending cyberpunk and all cyborgs, but it's was their job to carry out client's job and to do that they had to kill people's and got money in return. This perticular feature makes the anime a seinen and makes apart from shonen. It shows hard bitter reality. Even David later felt guilty of killing so many people. It's like from anyone perspective killing people is bad, but if anyone grow in cold emotionless world like in which David grow, it would be hard to tell if mercy cease to exist in anyone. In such world (like underworld in our case) killing ppl is usually to common. Many ppl die without anyone caring.

Fourth, he love between David and Lucy shows even in such a cruel world love cease to exist till humanity exist. There would be someone in this world who would make warmth in this cold accursed world. This gives us hope and hope to remain in track of human. Dream plays a very important part of plot catalyst of love theme of the show.

Cyberpunk was an 10/10 anime if they haven't got loose at ep 6-7. Though what it makes different from other anime is how they don't drag into complex ideals giving out to viewers but showing reality. That's what Wester is good at. They, even with unrealistic plot, some how makes story much real. And accompanied with such goated soundtrack osts and so vibrant colour pallet, it might have the chance to take the W of the year. Depends upon Chainsaw Man though. Well I am concluding now. Last thing i want to say is don't dare talk shits about Lucy or I will Kill you 🔫. And yes I am a simp proudly

Sep 25, 2022 6:07 AM
May 2016
That's not really a problem. There are stupid people in real life too.

The biggest problem is that the story wasn't really unique and they even managed to spoil the story. From like E3 you know what will happen, because we've seen a conversations like this:
- "You will go crazy"
- "No, I'm an exception."
- "Everyone says that and they are wrong"
- "No, I'm really an exception".
It' okay to use a generic story, but at least you shouldn't spoil it.

There were some smaller problems that could have been avoided with a better directing, but those were really some small stuff.
Sep 25, 2022 6:11 AM
Jul 2021
It’s Trigger Studio, don’t think any anime they make has any logic
Sep 25, 2022 6:22 AM
Nov 2021
I feel like that part of it being pointless is apart of the cyberpunk world tho, you either make a name for yourself or you don’t mean anything. Sure the logic doesn’t fully add up but that’s the cyberpunk world, everyone is just trying to get remembered. I kind of agree with you but a 7? Nah that’s way too low considering the style, art, animation, story and writing, it’s really well written and realistic for the cyberpunk world so that I fully disagree with the 7 rating
Sep 25, 2022 6:42 AM
Feb 2020
Cyrose said:

I agree and not agree at the same time. If you think it was pointless, and all the things you mentioned I agree,but than why are you rating it 7 ?? 😅

SirCake said:
I feel like that part of it being pointless is apart of the cyberpunk world tho, you either make a name for yourself or you don’t mean anything. Sure the logic doesn’t fully add up but that’s the cyberpunk world, everyone is just trying
to get remembered. I kind of agree with you but a 7? Nah that’s way too low considering the style, art, animation, story and writing, it’s really well written and realistic for the cyberpunk world so that I fully disagree with the 7 rating

I gave it 7 bcz of it's very good production quality bcz but anymore than that would mean I really liked the show and any lesser would mean I m kinda stomping on all the efforts made by animators
Sep 25, 2022 6:45 AM
Feb 2020
BlueSpirit9319 said:
[I am concluding now. Last thing i want to say is don't dare talk shits about Lucy or I will Kill you 🔫. And yes I am a simp proudly

You're doing that bcz of all those naked scenes right? It's opposite for me, I would've liked her very much if she was just teasing her hotness, but nope she was naked almost the whole show and that was a real turn offl
Sep 25, 2022 6:46 AM
Feb 2020
Chococokid said:
[]

I m a new gamer but I'll play it soon
Sep 25, 2022 6:47 AM
Sep 2022
Mathi786 said:
Chococokid said:
[]

I m a new gamer but I'll play it soon

the objective of him was to become a night city legend thas why he died for it
Sep 25, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2019
I mean, you ain't gotta root for those guys. In real life experience you can always be idiotic when you feel panic. I've experienced panic attack when I'm in "bad" situation. But I can see what did you mean, well, for me.. I enjoyed the show.

This's my profile
This's my anime list
This's my reviews
🌸Would you be my friend?. I'd love to have an online friend.🌸
Sep 25, 2022 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
thats what realistic about it "to err is human" or science finds that we humans are irrational by default just because of the huge amount of cognitive biases that we have and mental shortcuts that we do since we are not omniscient beings

also this is just hindsight bias at work
Sep 25, 2022 6:55 AM
Feb 2020
Matoy_0625 said:
Bad situations cause people to make bad decisions, replace the cyberware with drugs and that's basically some of my friends back in highschool who end up in the dirt cus of shit that happened in their childhood.

David got it in with the wrong people, but they helped him adjust. He didnt want to lose any more people he cared about, and that's why he went so far down the path he chose.

But this is also night city, friendship means nothing, the city'll eat you up wether you like it or not. He woulda died one way or another if he hadnt found the sandevistan.

_Mawr_ said:

I get your point but think about it for second, a wise and logical person could just migrate from night city and find somewhere else to live, now admittedly I don't know if in this universe night city is the only place in the world so I won't press further on that point, but there are still other ways, he could be an engineer or a brick layer or a hairdresser or million other professions that are necessary for human civilization to exist, he could do any of them and still lived,

I mean than you wouldn't have a story to tell but at least it's logical,
Sep 25, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 2020
Only the MC was painfully dumb enough for the sake of character development. Sure, he redeemed himself in the end, but they were on a killing spree so most of the crew deserved what they got. Only Falco and Lucy were the more peaceful ones, so for them to live in the end was fine. Also, Bungrou Straydogs is as weeb as it gets lol.
Sep 25, 2022 7:16 AM
Jun 2021
That’s literally the whole point of the show
Sep 25, 2022 7:20 AM

Aug 2022
It's as if storytelling is meant to portray not promote...

Nothing in storytelling is supposed to be justified, it's only supposed to be shown in a realistic manner. But I can't blame you, all that woke western content has fried your brain with all that political promotion, now you can't even tell the difference between fiction and reality.
Sep 25, 2022 7:36 AM
Feb 2022
Mathi786 said:
Matoy_0625 said:

_Mawr_ said:

I get your point but think about it for second, a wise and logical person could just migrate from night city and find somewhere else to live, now admittedly I don't know if in this universe night city is the only place in the world so I won't press further on that point, but there are still other ways, he could be an engineer or a brick layer or a hairdresser or million other professions that are necessary for human civilization to exist, he could do any of them and still lived,

Night city surroundings are only deserts with some nomads living there and America is after reunification war and corporations war and is still rebuldint after them, nature on the planet is destroyed and there are still visable effects of atomic explosions i think. (Cyberpunk world compendium)
I think then the world everywere have some similarities to night city, maybe there are some better place (if i remember it well V migrate to one in usa) but not everybody know were are they and how looks outside world (new internet is chaotic and full of hackers as far as i know), and to mograte crucial is money, you need to pay for transport and to buy some accommodation before you find a job dont you? (I am sure after wars and other things there are many unemplayed people who would like to work)
Its the world of the future so
people dont need hairdresser bc they just download code and do it themselfs, also modern machines and robots do most of the work so a few humans are needed (for modern robots its easy to build a house i think), i think thats the cause of high unemplayment rate.

Buts its only my percepion of the cyberpunk world and I understand your point of view.
Sep 25, 2022 7:44 AM

Jul 2021
_Mawr_ said:
Mathi786 said:

Night city surroundings are only deserts with some nomads living there and America is after reunification war and corporations war and is still rebuldint after them, nature on the planet is destroyed and there are still visable effects of atomic explosions i think. (Cyberpunk world compendium)
I think then the world everywere have some similarities to night city, maybe there are some better place (if i remember it well V migrate to one in usa) but not everybody know were are they and how looks outside world (new internet is chaotic and full of hackers as far as i know), and to mograte crucial is money, you need to pay for transport and to buy some accommodation before you find a job dont you? (I am sure after wars and other things there are many unemplayed people who would like to work)
people dont need hairdresser bc they just download code and do it themselfs, also modern machines and robots do most of the work so a few humans are needed (for modern robots its easy to build a house i think), i think thats the cause of high unemplayment rate.

Buts its only my percepion of the cyberpunk world and I understand your point of view.

clown ass bait. dystopian capitalism forces ppl into bad decisions, just take the L and accept it
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Sep 25, 2022 7:47 AM

May 2018
I would have agreed to the title if aot wasn’t a thing.
Sep 25, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2022
3looming said:
_Mawr_ said:

clown ass bait. dystopian capitalism forces ppl into bad decisions, just take the L and accept it

Nothing what i said is in conflit with what you said
Sep 25, 2022 8:02 AM
Apr 2021
Cravun said:
Mathi786 said:

Genius comment right there
Sep 25, 2022 8:07 AM
Feb 2020
StaleNut said:
It's as if storytelling is meant to portray not promote...

Nothing in storytelling is supposed to be justified, it's only supposed to be shown in a realistic manner. But I can't blame you, all that woke western content has fried your brain with all that political promotion, now you can't even tell the difference between fiction and reality.

M not American 😌😌😌😌😌
Sep 25, 2022 8:09 AM
Nov 2018
ktg said:

The biggest problem is that the story wasn't really unique and they even managed to spoil the story. From like E3 you know what will happen, because we've seen a conversations like this:
- "You will go crazy"

There were some smaller problems that could have been avoided with a better directing, but those were really some small stuff.

What was good about all the special dialogue, which you're right, was said a lot, was how relatable it made David. You knew from the opening scene that eventually Dave was gonna go cyberpsycho. From the instant his mum died because of a capitalistic buerocracy you knew it was gonna be a tragedy about shit people and shit lives. And after what happened with Maine, and the noncholant way that gold hands was ended, it was so so clear that nothing was gonna end well for David. We all know he's gonna die eventually.

But we have this tiny hope that the protagonist plot armour will kick in, because people keep on telling him the opposite. Like how Shawshank Redemption, the prison is set up as impossible to break out of - we know that our protag's gonna break out of it. But cyberpunk subverts it in such a brutal way. The whole show's a bleak take on a accelerated monopolized corporate society, and the way David ends is just symbolic of it all - "individuals, for all that they think they are worth, don't matter" - or something like that.
Feb 2020
MrElias said:

I think if I remember correctly I also made a thread where I said Eren was an idiot but mids locked it for some reason
May 2022
Mathi786 said:

There's nothing to correct here. It seems like you comprehended everything that happened in the plot, and you're mature enough to recognize the characters were not necessarily outstanding citizens.

It's just about being able to empathize with people from other walks of life, and seeing that while their demise is tragically their own doing, those characters are blinded by something else and cannot see that themselves. It's obvious to a normie that David and the gang are making wrong move after wrong move. You want them to get better but they're always pushing the envelope. And before they know it, they're dead. But we know all along. It's supposed to be a tragedy.

You can also boil The Godfather down to "dumb people make dumb decisions" but despite the main cast being criminals, you care about them and don't want to see them hurt. You also know they're addicted to a lifestyle that will always result in a violent end and you know what you're in for when you start story.
Sep 25, 2022 8:20 AM
May 2016
Fensteroscar said:
ktg said:

- "You will go crazy"

What was good about all the special dialogue, which you're right, was said a lot, was how relatable it made David. You knew from the opening scene that eventually Dave was gonna go cyberpsycho. From the instant his mum died because of a capitalistic buerocracy you knew it was gonna be a tragedy about shit people and shit lives. And after what happened with Maine, and the noncholant way that gold hands was ended, it was so so clear that nothing was gonna end well for David. We all know he's gonna die eventually.

But we have this tiny hope that the protagonist plot armour will kick in, because people keep on telling him the opposite. Like how Shawshank Redemption, the prison is set up as impossible to break out of - we know that our protag's gonna break out of it. But cyberpunk subverts it in such a brutal way. The whole show's a bleak take on a accelerated monopolized corporate society, and the way David ends is just symbolic of it all - "individuals, for all that they think they are worth, don't matter" - or something like that.

We didn't have any hope. In ep7 it was clear that he had simptoms, and that's my problem.

I'll give you a better script where David actually has a chance to survive:
Lucy tells David about what Arasaka knows about him and together they decide to leave the city. Arasaka finds out about David resistance and they start pursueing them.
This way they have a chance to survive.

My version could start when David asks Lucy to tell him what she's doing and why she can't comeback yet.
Sep 25, 2022 8:24 AM
Nov 2018
ktg said:
Fensteroscar said:

We didn't have any hope. In ep7 it was clear that he had simptoms, and that's my problem.

Lucy tells David about what Arasaka knows about him and together they decide to leave the city. Arasaka finds out about David resistance and they start pursueing them.

My version could start when David asks Lucy to tell him what she's doing and why she can't comeback yet.

cool idea for sure, but it wouldn't fit with the theme of the show, which is just that all efforts amount to nothing. giving them a chance to survive would make for a more lackluster conclusion a) and b) would mean david abandons all the responsibilities that have been laid upon him. if it was more of a romance then you ending could work though i mean, it'd make the david/lucy death hurt more
Sep 25, 2022 8:31 AM
Jun 2021
ngl i actually agree with a lot of your points. it’s a really well executed show but the flaws are extremely noticeable. also gave it a 7/10
Sep 25, 2022 8:32 AM

May 2018
Mathi786 said:
MrElias said:

I think if I remember correctly I also made a thread where I said Eren was an idiot but mids locked it for some reason

Tbh I think Armin is the person that made the dumbest choices in AOT S4, They set him up as someone intelligent and then throw that away in the last season.
Whereas in cyberpunk noone was treated "smarter" than others. They were all just human beings making dumb choices. Everything David did was to protect the others, since he saw the deaths of his friends and didn't want to relive that.
I mean you could say it's dumb and selfless, but that's just how he was introduced, since his mom died.
And he giving his life to Lucy's dream is actually the best ending this anime could have had, although it would have been better if it was a bit longer than 10 episodes.

What you say about the story is actually not wrong, it's as simple as that, but with the simpleness that it has, it also shows a lot of somewhat darker scenes.
Sep 25, 2022 8:33 AM
May 2016
Fensteroscar said:
ktg said:

cool idea for sure, but it wouldn't fit with the theme of the show, which is just that all efforts amount to nothing. giving them a chance to survive would make for a more lackluster conclusion a) and b) would mean david abandons all the responsibilities that have been laid upon him. if it was more of a romance then you ending could work though i mean, it'd make the david/lucy death hurt more

Then don't spoil it. You can use the most generic story, if you don't spoil it.
You know exactly what will happen and that's a problem.
And, my idea could work without more romance. Lucy could try to manipulate David into this plan which is perfectly realictic because David can be manipulated easily.
Sep 25, 2022 9:16 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I personally don't need characters to make smart decisions every single step of a story, because that is in no way realistic. People are going to make mistakes, or go with decisions maybe they know subconsciously aren't the best for them but that have an emotional impact for them. ie

Also in my mind, this is kinda one of the main points of Edgerunners, with the people of Night City leaning too hard into cybernetic implants. Cyberpunk as a genre does a great job of juxtaposing futuristic hyper advanced technology, with a grungy, disgusting, semi post-cataclysmic world, and CDPR definitely delivers on that front with Night City. You see numerous examples in the game and the show of Cyber Psychosis, or even just other negative effects from chroming up too much. However, the people of Night City, including our characters, continue to pursue these body enhancements solely for the advantages they provide while ignoring the massive dangers.

So David making stupid decisions in part because of his trauma and his massive overconfidence work perfectly fine for me in the story, he's just a guy trying to figure out where he fits in this crazy world, and makes a ton of human slip-ups as a result.

I will say though, that I do also kinda agree with the ripperdoc, but also once again I think that's kinda the point. That was actually one of my favorite scenes, and it sorta blind sided me by how hard it hit me seeing how one dimensional his character had been up to that point in the story.

Sep 25, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2021
That’s real life not everything can have a Happy Ending where he gets reincarnated as a hero or some shit lmao.
Sep 25, 2022 10:53 AM
Dec 2021
Mathi786 said:

David have his life not for her to have a vacation but to save her from arasaka. They were about to use her to explore the old net. David was already experiencing cyberpsychosis and once he made the decision to wear the big suit it was pretty much a death sentence there. He made it to the top of arasaka for his mom. He inherited Maine’s arms. He sent Lucy to the moon. He became a legend. He achieved all his goals. It’s not dumb that the anime is about dumb people doing dumb things, it’s the whole point. From the moment he puts on the sandy the show starts telling/showing you how being a cyberpunk is shit and leads to nothing but suffering and death. Everyone other than Lucy gets a tragic end and even her ending is a lonely one.
Sep 25, 2022 11:01 AM
Aug 2019
Ummm, okay? I don’t really understand why characters can’t make bad decisions in a story. I’d like to see you work things out perfectly in any of those scenarios.
Sep 25, 2022 11:40 AM

Aug 2017
It's Cyberpunk night city + anime. All logic is thrown out the window. It's a chaotic place to live in.

Sep 25, 2022 11:56 AM
May 2021
Bro I swear ppl deep stuff like go touch grass, GO OUTSIDE!!
Sep 25, 2022 12:20 PM
Oct 2021
_Mawr_ said:

or Arasaka rat lab which of course would lead to his death.
MonorionSep 25, 2022 12:27 PM
Sep 25, 2022 1:51 PM
Apr 2021
Mathi786 said:

cry about it ........
Sep 25, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2021
Hard disagree! This is "the struggles of being poor" the anime. Scrapping by for money, oppressed by a shitty capitalist system, vices surrounding young impressionable people, it's a recipe for failure. That's what our main characters are, failures. As corny as it sounds, the main characters were failed by a corrupt society that gave them no legs to stand on. This is a problem that we're facing today. Mega corporations getting away with shady shit on the daily, getting paid scraps so we can get by, never being able to retire! Just replace cyberware with drugs and it's basically society in 2077. This anime is a grim hyperbolized view of our future society. Is it fon a be that frame for frame? probably not but the signs are certainly pointing towards it.
Sep 25, 2022 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
Mathi786 said:

If people were logical the world would be facing less problems right now. The characters in this anime did what most people would do if they lived in Night City.
Sep 25, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2021
I have tons of issues with the plot, however can we all agree that Rebecca's death was pointless and stupid

Not only that she died in the last 7 mins and none of the cast slightly reacted to her death, everyone was focused on Lucy and David

This is a show that NEEDED to have more than 10 episodes
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

1007 by EmptyVoidZ »»
Apr 26, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.