Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
With the first goal conceded to Musashino, the Esperion team is experiencing a massive breakdown in both teamwork and leadership.

The match resumes, and just like their night training sessions, the Esperion team is putting their practice into play. But Musashino is just as quick to counterattack, and Tachibana getting the ball's possession against his former teammates' high press, he's able to push himself. As for Aoi, he's the person already to look out for making the impossible possible, and this results in their hopeful goal to etch a tie.

The match restarts, and Tachibana's feels like he's on Cloud Nine to face his old team with confidence, and that fear is alleviated no more. Unfortunately for Aoi, he was offside to make the goal shoot, but his obsession to score is back, and other than Tachibana, he's now on their radar as well as the team's MVP. And this initates a causal effect for Musashino to change their tactics, with their high press formation inched up even further with all 10 players on the field, always creating offsides and giving them an even lesser chance to score.

An easy feat to say, but this tactic allows Kaneda to get Musashino's 2nd goal from Esperion's constant weakness of teamwork exploited to no end. A high line net with a counter, Musashino's teamwork is as best as it could be to confuse Esperion more, and Kaneda's request to counter with Togashi and Takeshima leads to a missed goal thanks to Kuroda, but he struck with the goal post too hard to be left unconscious.

So, how would this fierce match end?
KANLen09Sep 10, 2022 6:56 AM
Sep 10, 2022 5:50 AM
Mar 2021
That goal from esperion was really dope can't wait for next episode.
Sep 10, 2022 5:52 AM
May 2021
What a rollercoaster episode. That’s real sports anime for you. Tachibana gaining crazy confidence was mad hype. He was chosen by Esperion for a reason and this episode reminded us why.

Aoi has barely used his eagle eye at all in this match. He’s yet to utilize his teammates like Asari, and the defensive duo to their utmost potential. I hope Kuroda is ok and it isn’t an injury that keeps him out the game.

It’s absolutely crazy how far Aoi has developed. A kid playing rec soccer in his high school to now being Esperion B Team’s MVP and a developing playmaker.

Two more episodes and hoping to see some crazy Esperion dominance in them.
Sep 10, 2022 5:52 AM
Sep 2015
I like the face of Tachibana when he scores, he's like "Is this a dream?" or something.
I love how this is supposed to be Tachibana's episode, but Aoi makes it his own episode.
Next episode is also supposed to be Togashi and Asari's episode, but will Aoi steal the spotlight and make it his own episode again?
Sep 10, 2022 6:36 AM
Apr 2022
Today's Episode was full of CHILLS

TACHIBANA 🔥🔥🔥
Sep 10, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2021
Broooo, this ep gaved chills every moment. Tbh kuroda got hurt uff reminded me of 11th ep of ryman's club lol. It's 2/1 now, lets wait how they are gonna catchup!!!
JayPatel1304Sep 10, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 10, 2022 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
Nice assist from Aoi, other than that Eseperion got their ass handled again.
Sep 10, 2022 7:03 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was just so intense, truly gripping... time flew faster and before I know it, Kuroda was injured. This is why I love football, and Ao Ashi gives justice to The Beautiful Game!
Sep 10, 2022 7:23 AM
Oct 2016
Esperion fighting back after going down a goal early. Tachibana getting that fire lit inside him to beat his old team. Seeing how strong Musashino is and not wanting to back down from their energy. Tachibana really wanting to score, doing so in the most flashy way possible. Doing that like handstand flip to kick the ball in right in front of the goal. Aoi saving it in the corner to flip that assist to Tachibana. Aoi having great ball vision and being a good facilitator for his teammates. Those stupid offside calls the refs were handing out. I hate those in soccer so much, just stealing goals from Esperion. The Musashino team even setting up those offside traps by just staying back and letting Esperion run ahead. Such a cheap tactic because they knew that Esperion had the momentum at that point. Going into the half down a goal isn't what Esperion wanted but I'd still say they're doing well.
Sep 10, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2022
Really! loved the episode with return of Ali's obsession for scoring goals and Tachibana's confidence..
Men! can't wait for the next episode....
Sep 10, 2022 7:51 AM
Aug 2018
JayPatel1304 said:
Broooo, this ep gaved chills every moment. Tbh kuroda got hurt uff reminded me of 11th ep of ryman's club lol. It's 3/1 now, lets wait how they are gonna catchup!!!

It's 2-1 because Kuroda managed to stop the ball.
Sep 10, 2022 7:52 AM
Jun 2019
kuroda seemed to bump his head really hard, im almost certain hed have to be out
Sep 10, 2022 8:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hana really should've been join the girl gang, watching and supporting them all to the fullest mode already. Still, considering the previously case, and also obviously the perfect timing that need to be save, for another hyped up episode, next week. So, understandable, let's just wait and see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 10, 2022 8:31 AM

May 2021
Tachibana's incredible move there was pretty well-animated and what an amazing goal he scored. It's pretty amazing how the tension was present throughout the episode.

Sep 10, 2022 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
Kaneda's asspulls, man, come the fudge on... And the way they're forcing Hana in is just really painful. Please stop.
Sep 10, 2022 9:09 AM

Oct 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
JayPatel1304 said:
Broooo, this ep gaved chills every moment. Tbh kuroda got hurt uff reminded me of 11th ep of ryman's club lol. It's 3/1 now, lets wait how they are gonna catchup!!!

It's 2-1 because Kuroda managed to stop the ball.
Ya sorry my mistake uff
Sep 10, 2022 9:39 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That was one hell of a goal by Tachibana and I was waiting for someone to score a goal like that. However, Kaneda's obsession for scoring is something else as he scores another goal making it 2-1 Musashino and it would have been 3-1 if Kuroda hadn't made that save. Now that Kuroda is out, Esperion heads into the half down two goals so they need a new game plan.
Sep 10, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 2021
Finally TACHIBANA SCOREED
Sep 10, 2022 10:29 AM

Sep 2020
Whan an intense episode! I loved seeing Tachibana go all out and Aoi pushing forward. Props to Kuroda for not letting the ball into the goal, it was a reckless play but surely meant something to Togashi. I'm eager to see how the match will develop with only two episodes left.
Sep 10, 2022 10:45 AM
Aug 2022
loved this episode! Tachibana finally coming out of his shell. And Kuroda's determination to save the goal that he runs into the post!!! man this anime is really good. Next episode is going to be an even better banger, keep on lookout for Aoi.
Sep 10, 2022 12:19 PM
Aug 2022
it was one hell of a episode 🔥🔥.really liked how Tachibana scored the first goal for Esperion and how Kuroda saved goal really excited for the next two eps. do you think there will be S2?
Sep 10, 2022 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
Interesting. So I think Esperion's big weakness is of course how they all fucking hate each other and can barely work together, but another thing that was really pointed with how the other coach said "they have a weakness we can exploit" right after Aoi lost procession of the ball in front of the net.

Aoi went and doubled down on the being a forward thing followed by him fumbling the ball twice (I think one was offside but w/e). Fukuda said you were a shit forward for a reason my guy. I think they are going to have Aoi realize he's much better suited as play maker than always being the one to shoot.

Also idk the rules of soccer for shit but Tachibana making a crazy kick like that about 1 foot in front of the net feels like something that should not be allowed given how massive a soccer net is lol. I'm sure it's legal tho.
Sep 10, 2022 1:19 PM
Apr 2020
vai tachibana!!!
Sep 10, 2022 2:35 PM
Jul 2021
I understand that in some game's, you're just going to have to dig deep to find a way to win, but Esperion being the more skilled and experienced team, I don't understand why they're playing like they're so inferior to Musashino 🤔 I get that's the whole point of the plot, but it really bugs me to see them so flustered out there. They're part of Esperion for a reason dammit!
Sep 10, 2022 2:45 PM
Jul 2021
We get the rest of the first half of the Musashino game in this episode and boy was it a banger. We had Musashino still exploiting the problems that Esperion have internally. Tachibana takes it upon himself to get Esperion back into the game by scoring an overhead finish after Aoi crossed the ball in before it ran out of bounds.

Aoi then starts to get his groove going and he starts to take over the game on the left-side of the pitch, causing Musashino to have a couple of scary moments as the half started to wind down. However, Kaneda recollects the time that he spent training for the season and this specific match against Esperion. Showing how much determination and grit he has behind his beliefs, Kaneda puts Musashino back in front with a very inauspicious goal where he puts in through the keepers extended legs.

Down 2-1, and with no leader to rally the troops back into the game, Esperion have their backs up against the wall and just before the half-time whistle blows, Kaneda is given another opportunity to score but is thwarted by a great defensive effort from Kuroda, that may have cost Esperion to loose a valuable player.

Looking forward to next week's episode, we should expect the half-time talk from Nozomi and the beginning of the second half. I believe the episode will be focused mainly on the internal problems that Esperion have as a team and highlight each individual to get the team ready for the second half. Personally, I still believe Togashi is the captain of the team, however the show seems to be leaning towards Aoi being the captain that all the players can get behind.
Sep 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Nov 2013
Tahmim97 said:
I understand that in some game's, you're just going to have to dig deep to find a way to win, but Esperion being the more skilled and experienced team, I don't understand why they're playing like they're so inferior to Musashino 🤔 I get that's the whole point of the plot, but it really bugs me to see them so flustered out there. They're part of Esperion for a reason dammit!

Playing direct football =/= being inferior. In fact they push their FB and DM higher leaving the two CB behind to have numerical advantage in midfield. Musashino kinda reminds me of Brentford. They are both low level team playing high press and very dangerous with their counter because of their forward Toney (Kaneda). If Esperion insist of playing possession football it'll hard to break the high press and they would get humiliated like United. If this is team A of course they'd play their style, but we are talking about team B who is mentally low and disoriented with several players having dispute with each other (Togashi and Takeshima still can't link up with each other)..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Apr 2018
Tachibana casually doing a front flip. They're still behind but I can see some kind of change mentality wise in the 15-minute break. Let's see how they'll adapt to the current situation. It's obvious that they'd win. If not, then it'll be interesting to see how this will develop.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 10, 2022 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
Next episode Fukuda's team talk
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 10, 2022 5:18 PM
Jul 2021
KyouKaiTen said:
Tahmim97 said:

Playing direct football =/= being inferior. In fact they push their FB and DM higher leaving the two CB behind to have numerical advantage in midfield. Musashino kinda reminds me of Brentford. They are both low level team playing high press and very dangerous with their counter because of their forward Toney (Kaneda). If Esperion insist of playing possession football it'll hard to break the high press and they would get humiliated like United. If this is team A of course they'd play their style, but we are talking about team B who is mentally low and disoriented with several players having dispute with each other (Togashi and Takeshima still can't link up with each other)..

I can definitely see Kaneda as an Ivan Toney-esque CF lol. Just an absolute handful for the opposition backline. More clinical than Toney though it seems. And while I do agree that a direct approach is the right way to deal with the high press, it's more the mental side I'm struggling to understand from Esperion. They seem to be amazed/flustered every time Musashino does something they never planned for, and I just feel that B team or not, the Esperion guys need to stamp their authority in this game. But it's true that the inner dispute is definitely hurting the team morale. I'm sure they'll make a comeback, but they need to be more confident in themselves, their abilities and most importantly, their team mates.
Sep 10, 2022 6:53 PM
Mar 2015
The boys are giving their all but still losing
Sep 10, 2022 8:47 PM
Oct 2020
THIS EPISODE MADE UP FOR OTHER EPISODES THAT DID'T HIT THIS WAS AWESOME
Sep 10, 2022 10:09 PM

Dec 2019
One of the best eps in awhile tbh I was starting to lose faith in this show lol but that ep was amazing
Sep 10, 2022 10:17 PM

Jan 2022
Anyone who's ever been in an athletic slump knows just how amazing it feels when you finally break free of it. Glad to see Tachibana is back and, and back in style at that. Did not expect that bicycle kick.

Not too much to say tactically. Esperion is countering Musashinos high press with a high press of their own. The allegedly more skilled Esperion should really be wiping the floor with them if that's the case, especially with Aoi's Fifa vision Cheat mode, but whatever, plot gotta plot I suppose.

Great save by Kuroda at the end. Maximum effort full send. Guess this is gonna redeem him in the eyes of Togashi leading the team to finally put their differences behind them and work together but we'll just have to see.

Also WTF is this ref? My boi was 100000% onside here! Terrible call, simple as that. Aoi's right to be mad and I've seen people throw hands for less. In fact if it were me I'd get the bois together and wait for him in the parking lot....to uh..."talk" it out.

-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 11, 2022 1:24 AM
Jul 2016
soooooooooooooooooo goood
Sep 11, 2022 8:42 AM
Mar 2017
A beautiful episode that I enjoyed watching, I wish from Aoi to focus on his tasks and not get excited about scoring goals so that he does not become like Kaneda
Sep 11, 2022 2:14 PM

Oct 2008
1 point advantage again! now the harder became more extreme! i wonder what's the plan of esperion B!?!? this is so hype!
5/5.

Sep 11, 2022 6:36 PM
May 2018
I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet.
So
Has the current match ended yet ?
Sep 11, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2018
Mohamed-Elatar said:
I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet.
So
Has the current match ended yet ?

the last two episodes (21-22) depicted the first half. the next two episodes will likely depict the second half.
Sep 12, 2022 3:18 AM

Jul 2014
Tachibana’s goal was insane , first time I see something like this in a football anime lol
Sep 12, 2022 6:54 AM

Jun 2016
Kudos to Tachibana for redeeming himself but Ashito is starting to get into my nerves. He kept pushing himself to score because he gets hyped when Tachibana but it's having an opposite on their overall gameplay as a team. He's so stubborn and just do what he wants when he is on field. He's just basically 'Asta' playing soccer.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Sep 12, 2022 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
My boy finally scored! That sure was a goal with tons of attitude from both Tachibana and Ashito. Such a shame Esperion's goalkeeper can't catch shit tho.
Sep 13, 2022 4:20 AM

Nov 2012
better than the last ep, Tachibana's goal was pretty predicable as soon as we found out it was his old team.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 14, 2022 1:42 AM

Feb 2021
Let's gooo!!! Tachibana's finally in the right head space now! Aoi's assist and Tachibana's insane movement fetched Esperion their first goal.

Musashino's coach has also recognized Aoi as a playmaker for Esperion.

So Aoi wants to play as a forward while still being a full-back? His obsession with landing at least one goal in this match seems to strongly indicate that he seriously wants to play at least a few roles as a forward.

Damn, Hana's also here. Looks like she still cares about Aoi and this match even though she seems to still be mad at him. Fukuda is also here now.

Kaneda is really going hard in this match. As much as I hate his cockiness, I can't deny that he's playing really well and pretty much carrying Musashino alongside Muto. Togashi was still trying to tackle him but idk what Takeshima is doing. If both Togashi and Takeshima tackle him he wouldn't have been able to land goals this easily imo.

Kuroda came in clutch and saved the goal but looks like he'll be out for the second half of the match.

Musashino again got the lead on Esperion. Aoi needs to take charge of his team now.

Didn't really understand the offside rule. Can someone please care to explain lol?

Sep 14, 2022 3:20 AM
Apr 2022
DeonX said:
Let's gooo!!! Tachibana's finally in the right head space now! Aoi's assist and Tachibana's insane movement fetched Esperion their first goal.

So Aoi wants to play as a forward while still being a full-back? His obsession with landing at least one goal in this match seems to strongly indicate that he seriously wants to play at least a few roles as a forward.

Damn, Hana's also here. Looks like she still cares about Aoi and this match even though she seems to still be mad at him. Fukuda is also here now.

Kaneda is really going hard in this match. As much as I hate his cockiness, I can't deny that he's playing really well and pretty much carrying Musashino alongside Muto. Togashi was still trying to tackle him but idk what Takeshima is doing. If both Togashi and Takeshima tackle him he wouldn't have been able to land goals this easily imo.

Kuroda came in clutch and saved the goal but looks like he'll be out for the second half of the match.

Musashino again got the lead on Esperion. Aoi needs to take charge of his team now.

Didn't really understand the offside rule. Can someone please care to explain lol?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(association_football)
tldr: The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).
Sep 14, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2021
lehuy0210 said:
DeonX said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(association_football)
tldr: The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).

No sure if I got all of that but thanks for the info!

Sep 14, 2022 9:47 AM
Jul 2022
more hana pls x x x x x
Sep 16, 2022 8:53 AM
Apr 2021
n joioo[njkhiopujuigivgbuibj
Sep 17, 2022 2:00 AM

May 2020
Tachibana and that goal.. for sure those acrobatics are anime-exclusive lol. Though didn't make much difference, as Kaneda indeed scored and now they're in lead. Moreover it would've been 3 to 1 if it wasn't for Kuroda's brave save at the last moment.
Sep 17, 2022 7:30 PM

Jan 2016
That Tachibana goal sakuga was amazing. One of my fav episodes
My candies :
Sep 24, 2022 10:57 AM
Aug 2009
Nice!!!!

The game is being fascinating!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.