Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2022 5:27 AM

Jul 2017
So Kaneda shat out of the Tokyo Esperion team because of Aoi, but also, he's like the scumbag that got rejected and got accepted to another which got him the attention that he deserved. Even then, his obnoxious attitude rubs off Aoi the wrong way, that Nagano has no choice but to follow on his regard, on a team that's based off of rejects that have made their way into the J League on their own footsteps.

The next match to avoid relegation, with Yoshitune recovered and Aoi as defender, everything pits on this match following advices. This includes both Togashi and Aoi as full-back defenders, but can go on the offense if need be. Easily the most controversial decision from Coach Date to make Aoi play in this match, he has a lot running in his mind. But still, Aoi has come a long way, and for someone who's able to play happily because of Hana, it's like Anri has no chance ever to win his heart for the former to not show her a pathetic performance.

Match 7 against Tama Sports University, it's hard to accustom to a new position, and everyone knows it that Aoi is the bottleneck of the team. But despite the pressure, Hana easily puts him back on track which confuses the opponents and his head in the game for focus, and making use of space, which the tactic helps but only for a moment. Recapping with Coach Date confirms his right judgment, but right now, it's getting him to think on his feet constantly at all times, using his vision.

Instead, leading it together with Yoshitsune and the team to earn a goal try after try, he's the benchmark of what Aoi should be, adding to his already famous name. But then again, not being an imitation so much as to be the same person, but being one that makes his own path.

A good progress for Aoi, both in skill and the power of love.
Jul 30, 2022 5:56 AM

Oct 2017
Aoi playing in a game and he even managed to play well. Hana x Aoi building up slowly. The last part with Yoshitsune was good.
Jul 30, 2022 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
This is a decent episode. Aoi is back into the game learning new things as a full back . Tachibana is still struggling to make a goal. Make hana x aoi happen. Those two are good together
Jul 30, 2022 6:53 AM
Sep 2015
Please tell me I'm not the only one who misunderstand that today's match Esperion is supposed to play against Musashino, not Tama Sports University.

Aoi happy when he hear about Hana make me happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy that it'll make Anri understand that Aoi doesn't interest in her romantically so she'll have to go back to her childhood friend Motoki, and I'm sad when I realized that what I really want to see is the whole Esperion club stay single just like coach Fukuda.

This episode best line is when Yoshitsune call Togashi "yankee" so natural, they rarely know each other but they play so smooth that result in the first goal. Yoshitsune really has his own charm that deserve to be in a top section of Esperion like Kuribayashi. I hope he recover fully recover in his soccer sense and go back to his prime position again.

But can anyone tell me how many team there is in Esperion? I count team A and team B, what about J-league team? Are they a separate team above team A or just some members of team A, I kinda confuse here.
Jul 30, 2022 7:02 AM
May 2021
I really hope that Tachibana takes in Yoshitsune's play as a learning point rather than a blow to his self-esteem
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jul 30, 2022 7:08 AM
May 2018
phantomfandom said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who misunderstand that today's match Esperion is supposed to play against Musashino, not Tama Sports University.
Aoi happy when he hear about Hana make me happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy that it'll make Anri understand that Aoi doesn't interest in her romantically so she'll have to go back to her childhood friend Motoki, and I'm sad when I realized that what I really want to see is the whole Esperion club stay single just like coach Fukuda.

This episode best line is when Yoshitsune call Togashi "yankee" so natural, they rarely know each other but they play so smooth that result in the first goal. Yoshitsune really has his own charm that deserve to be in a top section of Esperion like Kuribayashi. I hope he recover fully recover in his soccer sense and go back to his prime position again.

But can anyone tell me how many team there is in Esperion? I count team A and team B, what about J-league team? Are they a separate team above team A or just some members of team A, I kinda confuse here.

last week the subs somehow said 'next game' was the game against Musashino, when it should've been 'the game after the next game'. So the match against Musashino is after this one. Guess it's not really a spoiler anymore that it's gonna be the climax of this cour?

As for Yoshitsune, it's a pretty normal thing for players recovering from injury to play with the 'reserve team' first, to help them get back to top condition.

As for the team system..

You have Esperion senior team, playing in J1 league, the pros, and you have the academy to train young players into pros.

Esperion Youth is the U18 level, the highest level of the academy. there is the junior youth (U15), junior (U12) before that. Asari, Kuroda and co. were just promoted from junior youth.
Esperion Youth (U18) has team A - the main team and team B (the reserves). The competitions they play in:

U18 Premier League - first tier. Team A plays here.
U18 Prince League - second tier.
U18 prefecture leagues - Third tier. Team B and Musashino play in this level, specifically Tokyo region.
em_doubleyouJul 30, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 30, 2022 7:10 AM
Aug 2021
phantomfandom said:

The j-league team is the main team for professional players. Just like Laliga or English Premier league. So kuribayashi is really a talented guy because he could make a debut in profesional level despite being a highschooler. And then this Esperion has academy team for u18, u15 and u12. Highschool, junior hs, and elementary respectively. Here aoi in u18 team. And this u18 team has 2 units. A team and B team. Aoi in B team. A team play in top or 1st tier of u18 level league. And B team play in 3rd tier of u18 level league. The manga explain it tbf but the anime skip it sadly
Jul 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
THAT. F'ING. VALIDATION. AOI. F'ING. NEEDED.

That he doesn't need to be like anyone else, that he should focus on himself, because he can make it of his own.

From a star player senpai who's actually not a jerk.

F'ing THANK YOU Yoshitsune. That was f'ing BRILLIANT.
Jul 30, 2022 7:47 AM

Jun 2021
Kaneda is being a real knob. ‘Waah waah! It’s everyone’s fault but mine I choked!’ Gtfo of here with that weak ass shit. Dude was talking all that shit to compensate for the fact that he was ass during the tryouts. Pathetic. So what he’s worked hard? So has everyone else. Anyways, their team is full of Esperion rejects looking for revenge eh? Should be fun.

I’m glad to see Aoi finally accepting his position. I think hearing Hana’s name and her cheering for him later just kind of got him to focus. She’s always had his back and was his first cheerleader so no surprise she’s the one who can help him get his head in the game.

It’s awesome to see how much he’s coming into the role. It’s slowly but surely, with the way he’s seeing the “dots” and the spaces. He’s developing his vision! He’s still pretty clumsy, but he’s getting there and I can’t help but feel excited.

I like that they had Yoshitsune not totally dominate right off the bat. Seems like he was kinda feeling the team out, letting them do their thing before he stepped in. No wonder he’s in the A team though, the dude is incredible. I really love how he gave props to Aoi, too. If our boy had any doubts before, that should have wiped them away. He doesn’t need to imitate anyone, he just needs to keep working on developing those skills of his.

I’m a little worried about Tachibana though. I hope he can get out of this funk before they face Kaneda and ‘em. Maybe Aoi and the guys can help him regain his confidence and composure back.
Jul 30, 2022 7:55 AM
Apr 2019
Feels like they rushed the heck of Yositsune moments this eps. It makes him less impressive imo. They shouldn't skip the parts where it's mentioned that he had a better skill compared to Kuribayashi (or just animate him better to show it). It'll make him and Aoi moment more impactful. Tachibana expression and va should've been more desperate as well, to emphasize the contrast between him and Aoi's reaction to Yositsune. Also when Anri says stuff about modern football rely more on system instead of individual skills, I think this shouldn't be skipped, it's important to clarify some future online discussion possibility (iykyk).

Not a big stuff and not gonna complaint much, but it could've been better.
Jul 30, 2022 7:58 AM
Apr 2019
phantomfandom said:

3 different team with different player as well:
Esperion (senior team, Kuribayashi)
Esperion youth A (Akutsu, Yoshitsune)
Esperion youth B (Aoi, etc)
Jul 30, 2022 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
HANA'S BUFF IS REAL!!!
Aoi is suddenly happy without realizing why when he heard Hana will come to watch him. And when she cheered for him during the match Aoi's able to be more calm and composed to analyse the situation around him and using his vision ability to full extent. That is the real defense, not just a mere tackling and physical duels, but you move everyone around you (including opponents) to pass the ball at the space you want.

We also finally see a real forward play in this episode by Yoshitsune-san. The anime didn't explain why Yoshitsune can dribble pass two players with not much efforts like that, but if you read the manga, it's because the discrepancy between Premier League and Metropolitan League players (especially Yoshitsune who is technically more skillful than Kuribayashi). Football is still more team oriented, but if the difference in levels is too huge, one man can take over a match alone. He can take one or two players and pass anytime he wants. Football is about exploiting spaces, if you can make spaces by taking an opponent, you don't need to make small passes to move the ball around.

Aoi is mesmerized by Yoshitsune's play and he wanted to be like him. But Yoshitsune said Aoi has his own path he is already climbing which is wonderful enough. Not many players have a wide vision like him, even Yoshitsune is jealous of Aoi's vision.
KyouKaiTenJul 30, 2022 9:00 AM
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 30, 2022 8:59 AM
Mar 2015
it helps to have an A player playing in a B game Hana helped give him his vision back
Jul 30, 2022 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
nabewry said:
Feels like they rushed the heck of Yositsune moments this eps. It makes him less impressive imo. They shouldn't skip the parts where it's mentioned that he had a better skill compared to Kuribayashi (or just animate him better to show it). It'll make him and Aoi moment more impactful. Tachibana expression and va should've been more desperate as well, to emphasize the contrast between him and Aoi's reaction to Yositsune. Also when Anri says stuff about modern football rely more on system instead of individual skills, I think this shouldn't be skipped, it's important to clarify some future online discussion possibility (iykyk).

Not a big stuff and not gonna complaint much, but it could've been better.

Yeah it's a shame they skipped some parts (mostly in ch. 79). I guess they want to finish the episode at the end of that chapter so it's necessary to remove some monologues.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 30, 2022 11:45 AM

Apr 2018
I was a bit confused with today's episode, I really thought that they'd go against Musashino. But, it was just a random team that barely managed to lose against Esporion thanks to Yoshitsune. Honestly, it feels like the anime is superb at times but at the same time it feels so inconsistent. Nozomi gave him instructions for the first time in his life against some random b-team, Hina shouting which made him focus and the love triangle getting stronger. Beside that, the rest is just amazing and makes me excited for the next episode. Aoi learnt a lot from this match and he's already executing it properly. He even managed to grab Yoshitsune's attention which led him to saying some nice stuff about Aoi. He's already on his way to become a top player and he has to be himself in order to get there. The OST was pretty good near the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Sep 2020
Does anyone else feel like Aoi's raw skill and his vision ability are two different things? Like, it was so nice to see that he is getting better and better with every match he plays but at the same time he still hasn't figured out his vision ability. When he used the ability to find the open spot, then later talked it over with coach Nazomi and managed to use it with what felt like his own football skill, I was left wondering if he will eventually become skillful to a degree where he doesn't need that ability, or he will fully master it.
Jul 30, 2022 1:40 PM

Jul 2014
Hurusio said:
Does anyone else feel like Aoi's raw skill and his vision ability are two different things? Like, it was so nice to see that he is getting better and better with every match he plays but at the same time he still hasn't figured out his vision ability. When he used the ability to find the open spot, then later talked it over with coach Nazomi and managed to use it with what felt like his own football skill, I was left wondering if he will eventually become skillful to a degree where he doesn't need that ability, or he will fully master it.

My guess is that he'll depend on both, he'll be able to use his vision ability intuitively while being able to perfectly take actions by through his raw skills
Jul 30, 2022 2:06 PM
Sep 2008
Hurusio said:

He does know how his vision works. It is a part of him, he just doesn't see it as something to brag about. That's why he doesn't comment on it when other people notice the power of his vision.
Jul 30, 2022 2:58 PM
Dec 2020
I have got a simple question for the manga readers among here.
I started watching Ao Ashi three weeks after it started airing and I have been on the edge of my seat every week for a new episode. I really really love this anime, it’s just pure enjoyment for me. Everything about it, colouring, art style, animation, music (especially OP and ED), plot, characters and of course soccer.
And to be honest, I don’t really wanna wait until next week for the next episode. I can’t.
So should I start reading the manga? Can any of the manga readers recommend it although they anime is airing right now? Should I just sit through this?
I would really like to know your thoughts so let me know if you got the time to do so! :)
Jul 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Jan 2020
As much as I like the other girl because of her smarts, Hana is just so sweet. She’s been in Aoi’s corner since the beginning as his number one fan, and Aoi definitely has a soft spot for her. Anyway, Aoi definitely making progress and is starting to realize why he was asked to switch positions
Jul 30, 2022 3:15 PM

Jan 2020
SideCharacterKal said:
I was a bit confused with today's episode, I really thought that they'd go against Musashino. But, it was just a random team that barely managed to lose against Esporion thanks to Yoshitsune. Honestly, it feels like the anime is superb at times but at the same time it feels so inconsistent. Nozomi gave him instructions for the first time in his life against some random b-team, Hina shouting which made him focus and the love triangle getting stronger. Beside that, the rest is just amazing and makes me excited for the next episode. Aoi learnt a lot from this match and he's already executing it properly. He even managed to grab Yoshitsune's attention which led him to saying some nice stuff about Aoi. He's already on his way to become a top player and he has to be himself in order to get there. The OST was pretty good near the end.

I admit that I was a bit confused with that as well, but I guess they’ll be batting against Kaneda’s team soon.
Jul 30, 2022 3:18 PM

Jan 2020
kidd73 said:
I have got a simple question for the manga readers among here.
I started watching Ao Ashi three weeks after it started airing and I have been on the edge of my seat every week for a new episode. I really really love this anime, it’s just pure enjoyment for me. Everything about it, colouring, art style, animation, music (especially OP and ED), plot, characters and of course soccer.
And to be honest, I don’t really wanna wait until next week for the next episode. I can’t.
So should I start reading the manga? Can any of the manga readers recommend it although they anime is airing right now? Should I just sit through this?
I would really like to know your thoughts so let me know if you got the time to do so! :)

Although I don’t plan on reading the manga, I don’t think reading a manga of a series takes away from anything (unless it’s a series that thrives on plot twists like a mystery). I’m reading Spy x Family and CSM before anime came out, and I lost no form of enjoyment from watching Spy x Family even though I previously read the manga and know what’s to come. Then again, if an anime adaptation is butchered, then it hits you twice as much, but not applicable here imo
Jul 30, 2022 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
SideCharacterKal said:

The manga mention it a lot that they are going to face Tama Sports University first , that it's an important match before their clash against top of the table Musashino. They skipped it for some reason.
Jul 30, 2022 5:47 PM

Dec 2020
KANEDA LMFAOOO i couldnt help but laugh at his shit. bro is in so much denial and just wants to blame other people for his own mishaps that day. he's definitely a good player yeah, but that day, the day where he got overwhelmed and such, he barely even had any strength in him to finish. even weird eye dude still har it in him. so come on man just accept that You fucked yourself up that time

im so worried abt tachibana ughhh. it's like seeing a gifted kid going "huh, i might not be so great after all. ive just been lucky." and that will slowly eat up his self esteem and motivation, leaving him worse than ever.

hana being able to clear aoi's head so efforrlessly. juet a simple cheer and a mention of her name is enough. romance between them would be cute but i wouldnt mind them just staying great friends. id HATEE a love triangle with the sponsor's daughter tho

so unimportant but . .. shimizu-san is soooo cute Hello? HE MAKING ME GIGGLE N SHIT WITH THE SMALLEST THINGSS!!!! can we have more of him?? like idfc just for the fan service. just him going "okay" and "hi" all would be well with me

and yoshitsune is so Odd /endearing i love him already. his speech and facial expressions are so funny
Jul 30, 2022 5:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yea idk how they suddenly change the opponent into another, but very well then, you can see how amazing Yoshitsune as a scorer in this episode and its also helps Aoi make a clearer vision as how to be a great defender. Seeing the reporter girl also a nice addition and Anri pretty much just confuse after realizing, 'how the heck my cute footballer can have that many cute fangirl' kind of expression. Especially since she slowly will also realize, someone already special to Aoi. Nice rom side plot push there, pal, love it xd.

Alrighty then, let's wait for another week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 30, 2022 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
Hurusio said:

I think we need to redefine the terms here. In football, what we mean by skill is the technical skill on the ball, like passing, dribbling, trapping, etc whatever that involves you having the ball at your feet. What Yoshitsune showcased in this episode is his technical skill on the ball, hence we call him a skillful player. In terms of this skill, Aoi might be the worst in the team. As for vision, you can think of it as an ability to spot open spaces on the pitch. But it's actually more than that. Since you can see the pitch really well unlike other players, you ought to have the ability to decide the best possible play for your team. This is what it means to take your vision one step further and what being discussed between Aoi and coach Nozomi during the match. In both occasion, Aoi used his vision to spot the spaces the opponent want to use, but the difference is the first one he used everyone around him to close the passing route of the ball holder, while the second one he is doing it by himself which resulted him leaving a lot of spaces behind.
Jul 30, 2022 8:05 PM

May 2021
Its amazing how well those failures from the tryouts are being utilized here. While that stuff about buddy-buddy is probably an excuse, it is a FACT that they used the failure as a motivator to train harder, the results of which we will probably see in the future.

The way the anime portrayed Aoi's vision in this episode also gave us a good glimpse into what Aoi as a playmaker would look like.

Jul 30, 2022 10:10 PM
Jul 2022
what would hana and ashitos ship name be? hanato?
Jul 30, 2022 10:11 PM
Jul 2022
NeonDeviluke09 said:
This is a decent episode. Aoi is back into the game learning new things as a full back . Tachibana is still struggling to make a goal. Make hana x aoi happen. Those two are good together

yes. I am so hyped for the next episode!
Jul 31, 2022 2:04 AM

Sep 2015
SideCharacterKal said:

The serious tactical talk from Nozomi is because they desperately need a win to break the negative streak, it's not illogical at all and that's why he made some changes, so the team needed the instructions to understand that. About the game vs. Musashino, it's not anime's fault. The subs from previous episode were wrong, it wasn't the next game but the next after that.
Jul 31, 2022 2:39 AM
Jun 2022
phantomfandom said:

Esperion J-League is the professional team, each football team around world (at least 1st division ones) have their academies, Esperion A works as the previous step for youth players in order to get promoted to the pro team, Esperion B works on the same way, but players there are the ones who doesn't have space to get into A team, recovering from injuries or new players from scouts, try outs or even lower categories, such as football schools.

Irl, J-League teams have their own football academies divided by age, specially U-18, U-16 and U-15, some teams go further upon U-11, such as Azul Claro Numazu, but regularly depends on how much a team needs local players. In the case of Esperion, they compete on high level, that's why they have national tryouts and a restricted admission.
Jul 31, 2022 2:43 AM
Jun 2022
Maibou23 said:
phantomfandom said:

The j-league team is the main team for professional players. Just like Laliga or English Premier league. So kuribayashi is really a talented guy because he could make a debut in profesional level despite being a highschooler. And then this Esperion has academy team for u18, u15 and u12. Highschool, junior hs, and elementary respectively. Here aoi in u18 team. And this u18 team has 2 units. A team and B team. Aoi in B team. A team play in top or 1st tier of u18 level league. And B team play in 3rd tier of u18 level league. The manga explain it tbf but the anime skip it sadly

Man, anime says Esperion B plays in Tokyo U-18 Top Tier, then I got confused when saw the table they showed and Esperion A weren't there. Maybe Esperion A plays on a national level and Esperion B plays actually in a max level, but limited to Tokyo, then promoted to Kanto level and then national.
Jul 31, 2022 5:17 AM
May 2018
yleyva126 said:

Man, anime says Esperion B plays in Tokyo U-18 Top Tier, then I got confused when saw the table they showed and Esperion A weren't there. Maybe Esperion A plays on a national level and Esperion B plays actually in a max level, but limited to Tokyo, then promoted to Kanto level and then national.

Exactly.

Here's more information about the U-18 competition system (it's real):

The First Tier has 2 leagues (East & West) - Esperion Youth A plays in Premier League East.
The 2nd tier has 8 leagues (based on regions)
The 3rd tier has more than 50 leagues (based on prefectures, one of them is Tokyo where Esperion Youth B and Musashino play).
em_doubleyouJul 31, 2022 9:45 PM
Jul 31, 2022 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
Kaneda is like Akutsu so hostile character! i hope Kaneda eat his trashtalk and deeply regrets it if Musashino loses against Esp.
clearly shows that Yoshitsune is on a different level!
and Ashito got good compliments from Coach Nozomi!
damn! that's a nice conversation with Yoshitsune to Ashito! wherein you don't think that what you feel is you absolute position, cuz you might shine on a better position! that's why Yoshitsune told Ashito that he's already climbing a very good ladder on his current position!
5/5.

Aug 1, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2018
Kaneda is pure trash. Don't compare him to Akutsu.

Kaneda was the skinny guy at the selection, if you don't remember, rewatch the early episode. He was one of those losers who gave up after getting outclassed by the Youth team players. He eventually stopped running at all, and Tachibana had to cover his right wing position.

Akutsu on the other hand, is a true fighter. He couldn't stand Aoi at first because Aoi actually sucked.
Aug 2, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, Yoshitsune was team B's forward and he kinda carried them.

Aoi's actually feeling contented playing as a full-back. Probably because he wasn't allowed to play in matches for so long and has come to accept the reality.

Lmao, that reporter sure became a fan of Aoi huh?

Let's go! Best girl Hana is here to cheer Aoi

Still really eager to see more focus on my boy Tachibana.

Aug 4, 2022 6:43 AM
May 2020
Which chapters does this episode cover? I really can't wait for more episodes and tbh I really want to see that match Esperion vs Tokyo Vans(Chapters 153-170)
Aug 4, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2022
damn yoshitsune very epic, and aoi is finally becoming a good defender
Aug 4, 2022 9:51 PM
Apr 2022
FujoshiGreekcook said:
Which chapters does this episode cover? I really can't wait for more episodes and tbh I really want to see that match Esperion vs Tokyo Vans(Chapters 153-170)
this ep cover chapters 75-79
Aug 6, 2022 12:28 AM

Nov 2012
I thought Tachibana's old team was gonna be the next match but then they're playing against some no one team?
The concept of their team sounds good and like something that probably really happens, a manager using the motivation of a failure in getting into a team to overdrive their work ethic to get them good enough to compete. They already felt like the esperion try outs were their last shot so they know if they want to make it they have to give absolutely everything 110%, and definitely cannot squander another opportunity if they're given one.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 6, 2022 7:01 AM

Jul 2016
Yoshitsune seems like such a reliable senpai. Already liking his character.

Nice episode but the conflict with this Kaneda kid is so lame. Also thought the match against his team would be in this episode but guess I was wrong.
Aug 6, 2022 10:35 AM

Jan 2017
Got confused for a bit as I was expecting this match to be against Musashino, turns out it's the "next game"

But overall a very feel-good episode as Aoi got encouragements from Hana, Coach Nozomi and even Yoshitsune. Kaneda better start counting his days by now
Aug 7, 2022 4:27 AM

Feb 2021
Romangelo said:
Kaneda is pure trash. Don't compare him to Akutsu.

Kaneda was the skinny guy at the selection, if you don't remember, rewatch the early episode. He was one of those losers who gave up after getting outclassed by the Youth team players. He eventually stopped running at all, and Tachibana had to cover his right wing position.

Akutsu on the other hand, is a true fighter. He couldn't stand Aoi at first because Aoi actually sucked.

Yes, Kaneda was unpleasant at the beginning.
SouthRzVa said:
Yoshitsune seems like such a reliable senpai. Already liking his character.

Nice episode but the conflict with this Kaneda kid is so lame. Also thought the match against his team would be in this episode but guess I was wrong.

DreadfulLaw said:
damn yoshitsune very epic, and aoi is finally becoming a good defender

Yes, I like Yoshitsune too! He is an amazing guy and very talented in football!
Aug 20, 2022 5:05 AM

May 2020
The match was supposed to be against Musashino but surprisingly it wasn't, people saying it's the fault of subs kinda cracking me up here.

Anyways atleast a pleasant outcome for Aoi's team after so long was something to take from this episode, Aoi did decently too so yeah a better day for the group.
Sep 3, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2022

Yes! These are the kind of head on challenges that defenders live for. I swear there is nothing better than taking on an arrogant cocky shit-talking forward and tackling them over and over and over again as you watch the fire in their eyes slowly wither and die. It’s like crack.

Our boy Aoi can’t really seem to do that just yet, however. It’s good that he’s got the “eagle eye” vision superpower to be able to read and intercept passes. But given the fact that he seems to be totally inept at 1v1s, which needless to say is kind of important as a fullback, I still don’t really understand why he’s in that position. Like sure, interceptions are a major part of defense, but an even bigger part of it is your ability to delay, to hold off an attack until you force a mistake or help arrives. This is especially true of the Fullback position because you’re going up against the wingers who tend to be the folks who like to dribble.

Oh my god they’re really going for the love triangle huh. Guess we should have known. It’s the fundamental shape of soccer after all.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 19, 2022 11:42 PM

Aug 2019
Kaneda is bitter as heck man.

Someone please assist Tachibana!! He is currently going through it. He requires some guidance and encouragement. Please, someone help my boy right away.

I loved the part where all the players were looking forward. Aoi appears to be enjoying his position as defender now that he understands how useful his vision is. (aka eagle eye).

And bruh the mc is a simp eh
Nov 13, 2022 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
LMAOOOOO NOT YOSHITSUNE JUST DEAD ASS CALLING OUT TO TOGASHI AS YANKEE HAHAHAHAHA

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 30, 2022 9:04 PM

Feb 2021
It's very nice to see him developing :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2023 3:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow, seems that he started to play!!! kekeke
Nov 4, 2023 3:18 AM

Dec 2022
Yoshitsune-senpai is so nice. Finally a senpai who is more decent towards Aoi.

Also, I like how Nozomi-san coaches Aoi through his previous plays and got him to think of what worked and what didn't work.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.