Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2022 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
wow that was actually a really nice retelling of Sanji's rise from an abused child locked away in a Germa cellar to becoming the sous chef of Zeff on Baratie

Easily the best chapter of this spin off. It was great to see the way Sanji evolved from being bullied by the vinsmokes to impressing Patty, Carne and Zeff with his cooking.
Jul 25, 2022 2:02 PM

Jun 2014
Likewise agree with you, fantastic art and ride. Shame it's the last chapter, I wouldn't mind more artists doing fun little one off volumes of One Piece following different characters in their style like this.
Jul 25, 2022 5:54 PM
Sep 2015
Gattz said:
Likewise agree with you, fantastic art and ride. Shame it's the last chapter, I wouldn't mind more artists doing fun little one off volumes of One Piece following different characters in their style like this.

Yeah, I’d absolutely adore that. I could see one where one of them goes off an adventure by themselves, either before the series or just on some random island that we’ve been to. I could see a fun adventure with Zoro in early One Piece or a comedy romp with Usopp by Shimabukuro. Maybe a volume with the girls of One Piece, like in a made-up “girls” crew or something. I could see a full volume of “The Marvelous Misadventures with Buggy and Co.” being a big seller.😂
Jul 27, 2022 11:07 AM

Dec 2016
Wow they even referenced Sanji age 40 from "good timeline"!!

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 28, 2022 7:59 AM
Jul 2020
Since this is the last chapter, shouldn't someone tell the moderators to change the status to finished?
Aug 8, 2022 1:49 PM

Aug 2012
If the mangaka wasn't such a coward, the foodgasm scene would've gone to the rat.

I'll edit in my thoughts on the series as a whole later when I feel like parsing those out to give it a proper score, but as for the final chapter itself, meh. I do like the snobby rat, that's a nice callback contrast to his life with Germa I appreciated, and found slightly amusing. The plot here itself was very boilerplate and boring, some of the artwork was pretty nice I guess. I definitely don't think this was the best chapter, for me that was probably the Alabasta one. I don't know that I liked the last chapter going to kid Sanji, I guess it's sort of fitting though.
Mar 4, 10:16 PM
Sep 2021
If you love One Piece or Food Wars, you'll love this one. Based on the series mentioned before, We see six (6) different points of the One Piece series when Sanji is cooking up some delicious-looking meals. And if you are interested, It does good at capturing Sanji's character.
Apr 3, 1:32 PM

Dec 2022
great one to end it on. bit more detail on Sanji's roots in the kitchen with Zeff AND the roots of his relentless womanizing. and that bonus at last full page Luffy, nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 5 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jan 3, 2022

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 4 Discussion

Trap_Traps_Traps - Sep 8, 2021

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 29, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 3 Discussion

koluffy - Oct 20, 2021

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 26, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 2 Discussion

koluffy - Oct 20, 2021

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 1 Discussion

SuperRed - Sep 17, 2018

11 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.