Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2022 9:44 PM
Mar 2021
Sorry Lycoris Recoil fans, but if we're talking about which one is actually better, Engage Kiss wins.

Lycoris Recoil is a pretty good buddy cop Anime with cute girls and great action scenes, but the writing, story and plot holes in the Anime are pretty bad. Engage Kiss is clearly the superior of the two, seeing it has great action scenes, cute girls but also good writing and an engaging story.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 23, 2022 9:52 PM
Oct 2020
kriissyy12 said:
Sorry Lycoris Recoil fans, but if we're talking about which one is actually better, Engage Kiss wins.

Lycoris Recoil is a pretty good buddy cop Anime with cute girls and great action scenes, but the writing, story and plot holes in the Anime are pretty bad. Engage Kiss is clearly the superior of the two, seeing it has great action scenes, cute girls but also good writing and an engaging story.

I’m starting to think people don’t know what the term plot hole means.
Jul 23, 2022 9:58 PM
Jan 2021
Mq84jdk said:
kriissyy12 said:

I’m starting to think people don’t know what the term plot hole means.

Completely agree
Jul 23, 2022 9:59 PM

Jan 2020
I prefer this to Lycoris Recoil. Then again, all-girl anime and yuri are on my sh*t list and unwatchable for me, so I’m extremely biased
Jul 23, 2022 10:07 PM

Oct 2021
In terms of writing, they kinda on the same level, however I like yuri and Chisato is so likable, so nope, LycoReco ftw.
Jul 23, 2022 10:09 PM
Apr 2021
kriissyy12 said:

did i miss these plot holes ur talking about bro ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 23, 2022 10:10 PM
Mar 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
In terms of writing, they kinda on the same level, however I like yuri and Chisato is so likable, so nope, LycoReco ftw.

26 year old male btw with the username 'edgylord' ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

Anyway, the writing on the same level lmfao. Lycoris Recoil pulls shit out their arse nearly every episode. The ammo makes zero sense and then randomly making the characters superhuman when it's relevant is not good writing.
Jul 23, 2022 10:13 PM
Mar 2021
lljackson174 said:
kriissyy12 said:

"Secret Organisation Police"

*proceeds to have full on gun fights in public places*

Yet for some reason nobody gets suspicious, lazy writing. Also don't get me started on the characters all of a sudden getting superhuman abilities during the fights.
Jul 23, 2022 10:15 PM
Jun 2022
love it so far , is this manga adaptation or what?
Jul 23, 2022 10:18 PM
Feb 2021
this is my favorite anime of the season, maybe of the year but we still have fall.
Jul 23, 2022 10:20 PM
Aug 2021
kriissyy12 said:
lljackson174 said:

Yet for some reason nobody gets suspicious, lazy writing. Also don't get me started on the characters all of a sudden getting superhuman abilities during the fights.

Isnt that called avg life in shonen Mc?
Jul 23, 2022 10:21 PM
Aug 2021
Animillion said:
I prefer this to Lycoris Recoil. Then again, all-girl anime and yuri are on my sh*t list and unwatchable for me, so I’m extremely biased

Only if people knew how to spot diff b/w yuri and no yuri..i pity you
Jul 23, 2022 10:23 PM

Jan 2020
animeman_02 said:
Animillion said:

Only if people knew how to spot diff b/w yuri and no yuri..i pity you

Um, this anime falls under the first category (all-girl main cast). I don’t mind female mcs, but I don’t care for CGDCT series, even if it’s an action anime. Pity that you couldn’t read properly. Also, fans of this series are claiming that there are yuri vibes, but I won’t bother to find out
AnimillionJul 23, 2022 10:28 PM
Jul 23, 2022 10:26 PM
Mar 2021
animeman_02 said:
kriissyy12 said:

Isnt that called avg life in shonen Mc?

Yea but Demon Slayer isn't trying to portray Tanjiro as a normal person with a higher than average skill level with a gun. Worldbuilding is important and if you ignore the laws of the world you're creating because it's convenient for the fights, then that should be criticised. Engage Kiss actually does a great job at this too, Shuu doesn't have any special abilities and we seen in episode 4 he didn't suddenly become Deadshot with a handgun when he attempted to shot the demon. Before people tell me about his sniper shot in the last episode, remember it was Kisara who told him where to aim, so she set up the shot.
Jul 23, 2022 10:27 PM

Jan 2020
jepejeps said:
love it so far , is this manga adaptation or what?

It’s an A-1 Pictures original, just like the overhyped Lycoris Recoil
Jul 23, 2022 10:37 PM

Oct 2021
kriissyy12 said:
EdgyLord666 said:

26 year old male btw with the username 'edgylord' ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

Anyway, the writing on the same level lmfao. Lycoris Recoil pulls shit out their arse nearly every episode. The ammo makes zero sense and then randomly making the characters superhuman when it's relevant is not good writing.

Did you really try to make fun of me? That's funny.

Do you realize how dumb your complain is? It's like if I say "Engage Kiss doesn't make sense because it has demon in it, so it's bad writing!"
Jul 23, 2022 10:39 PM

May 2021
Lol,Engage kiss is at the same level as the stepsis is my ex anime,Lycoris recoil is FAR better.
Jul 23, 2022 11:21 PM

Jan 2021
Nah, this show is boring as hell. I was snoozing through it even after moving the speed up to 2x.
Jul 23, 2022 11:58 PM

Oct 2018
"This is A-1 best Anime original of the season"
Both are shitfest but Lycoris is a bit better.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
โ€• Natsume Takashi
Jul 24, 2022 12:12 AM

Jan 2020
This is bait clearly rofl...
Jul 24, 2022 12:43 AM

May 2013
Both are good productions so far, it's a bit too early to compare them in terms of writing etc. Personally I like engage kiss more cause I'm a fan of more mature romance stories, it also has a good balance of story, action, comedy and fanservice
Jul 24, 2022 12:45 AM
May 2019
kriissyy12 said:

Let's be real here.. No matter what anime we feel is best... At the end of day A-1 is slaying this season with both originals
Jul 24, 2022 1:27 AM
Feb 2021
To Me Engage Kiss is the best, Lycrosis is also great however not in the league of Engage Kiss.
Jul 24, 2022 1:44 AM
Jan 2020
Lycoris is better so far, but Engage Kiss will have more episodes which means they can improve the story and have a great finale.

Hope they will.
Jul 24, 2022 5:10 AM
Mar 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
kriissyy12 said:

Meh engage kiss is pretty generic compared to lycoris recoil.
engage kiss feels like a combination of guilty crown and future diary, and you can probably guess were the plot is heading
The person writing this anime original is the same person the did that travesty white album so I don't have much hope for this show

Yes because Cute Girls with guns is such an original concept. Also the person did White Album 2 not White Album, ya know, the one with a 7.63 MAL score. So at least get your facts straight.
Jul 24, 2022 5:10 AM
Mar 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
Lol,Engage kiss is at the same level as the stepsis is my ex anime,Lycoris recoil is FAR better.

Stepsis is my ex is also better than Lycoris Recoil
Jul 24, 2022 5:12 AM

May 2021
kriissyy12 said:
KP_SENSEI said:

Stepsis is my ex is also better than Lycoris Recoil

Come back when u are actually reasoning
Jul 24, 2022 5:26 AM

Jul 2019
What's that? Oh sorry, I can't read with these nibty mumble jumbo over here.

Jul 24, 2022 5:54 AM
Mar 2021
Cestlavie_ said:
kriissyy12 said:

Yes because Cute Girls with guns is such an original concept. Also the person did White Album 2 not White Album, ya know, the one with a 7.63 MAL score. So at least get your facts straight.

It's more original than Engage kiss,
I believe I didn't specify which white album
Yh cause 7.63 is such an amazing score
This anime is currently on 7.25 And sinking further

7.63 actually is an impressive score. Engage Kiss is low because the first 2 episodes were a total misdirection and episodes 3 and 4 completely switched the tone of the show.
Jul 24, 2022 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
kriissyy12 said:

i agree...overall Engage Kiss is better than that john wick edgy show...

Jul 24, 2022 8:06 AM
Dec 2021
there is even a plot in lycoris? its pure Yuri bait there is nothing going on in the anime.
Engage kiss on the other hand has an actual story.
Jul 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Sep 2020
This will most probably end up with a score below 7
Jul 24, 2022 9:46 AM
Jan 2021
I prefer Lycoris Recoil, which they have actually well written characters. The yandere trope is so overused and could have been better. The MC is a joke and only now is it somewhat interesting. But it’s just a worse version of Guilty Crown.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 24, 2022 10:26 AM
May 2018
official_brown said:
I prefer Lycoris Recoil, which they have actually well written characters. The yandere trope is so overused and could have been better. The MC is a joke and only now is it somewhat interesting. But it’s just a worse version of Guilty Crown.
The fuck are you on , dude the cute girls with guns have been wayyyy overused compared to yanderes, so fuck off with that. Lycoris Recoil is the most overrated show this season and that is a fact.
Jul 24, 2022 10:40 AM
Jan 2021
ShidoItsuka74739 said:
official_brown said:
The fuck are you on , dude the cute girls with guns have been wayyyy overused compared to yanderes, so fuck off with that. Lycoris Recoil is the most overrated show this season and that is a fact.

That’s cool dude. Enjoyment still trumps everything. I think this show is not great while I think LycoReco is fun. It is what it is.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 24, 2022 11:06 AM
Jan 2022
No I don't Think So Because We already Had A Love Is War This To bang .
Jul 24, 2022 5:39 PM

Mar 2021
in terms of premise, I say this show is superior. The girls with guns has been done a bit too much so far. In terms of music, I say Lycoris is better. Action wise, somewhat same, maybe this one. Overall, I do think this premise leads itself to a better story since establishing the premise and mysteries is very important for the first couple of episodes.
Jul 25, 2022 6:53 AM

Sep 2020
Nah I find lycoros way more entertaining than engage kiss so far, but they are both anime originals, it may be possibe that one of them will go downhill harder
Jul 25, 2022 7:46 AM

May 2021
kriissyy12 said:

Neither really have good writing or even an engaging story. But at least Lycoris Recoil has good chemistry between the characters so its obviously better.

Jul 25, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
kriissyy12 said:

I love both, but i prefer Lycoris at the moment. Once the season ends, who knows?
Jul 25, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Lycoris is just more fun because its cheerful especially Chisato carrying that show but ye story wise Engage Kiss is better so far
Jul 25, 2022 12:37 PM
May 2018
Cevoy said:
Engage Kiss is literally just seasonal bait garbage. It's the Takt Op. Destiny of the 2022 Summmer season
no its not lol its what goes on in your heads that makes you think these two series are anything alike.
Jul 25, 2022 2:59 PM

May 2015
I watched the first episode of both shows and I was let down by both. However I'll give Lycoris another chance once it ends because you can see their budget was higher. OST, animation, VAs, everything was on a higher level. I just didn't like the story that much.
All Engage Kiss has is a cute main girl, that's all. Everything else is meh or bad.
Jul 25, 2022 6:21 PM

Dec 2017
ShidoItsuka74739 said:
Cevoy said:
Engage Kiss is literally just seasonal bait garbage. It's the Takt Op. Destiny of the 2022 Summmer season
no its not lol its what goes on in your heads that makes you think these two series are anything alike.

Where did I imply that they are anything alike? Just because I said that "It's the Takt Op. of this season" does not mean that it has to have any similarities story wise. It's this seasons "original anime that ppl will give some slack despite not having a lot interesting going for it - in relation to plot, characters etc. - just because the art style and animation is good"

Jul 25, 2022 6:30 PM
May 2018
Cevoy said:
ShidoItsuka74739 said:

Where did I imply that they are anything alike? Just because I said that "It's the Takt Op. of this season" does not mean that it has to have any similarities story wise. It's this seasons "original anime that ppl will give some slack despite not having a lot interesting going for it - in relation to plot, characters etc. - just because the art style and animation is good"

You're pretty much saying the same thing but whatever, Engage Kiss isn't season bait garbage. good day
Jul 27, 2022 12:29 AM
Jul 2022
Watched 1st episode of both, the impression i got from Lycoris is better than Engage kiss. While i'm not into Yuri myself but Lycoris managed to keep me focused to the show especially how lively Chisato is, i say the character is well written. Engage Kiss however, from 1st episode i can tell where the story is going with the triangle love and weak ML but strong FL. Date a live fans will surely love this though.

I personally dislike man-slut MC . The impression i got from the MC on this 1st episode is really bad, he is leeching off the FL while being a complete hypocrite. This type of man i hate the most TBH.

The visual for both is top-notch though, i will continue to watch Lycoris hoping there's no downhill on the road and I'll give another try for Engage kiss hoping it will grab my attention, but I will drop it if after 3 episode this anime fail to get me hooked.

Conclusion, i prefer Lycoris over Engage Kiss at least for now.
Jul 27, 2022 12:33 PM
Jan 2022
Bruh what tf is this discussion..Both these anime are mid..Just watch some superior anime bruh or check my watchlist๐Ÿ˜‰
Jul 27, 2022 5:36 PM
Feb 2021
gamibo said:
Bruh what tf is this discussion..Both these anime are mid..Just watch some superior anime bruh or check my watchlist๐Ÿ˜‰

To be honest, COTE is the only anime worth watching this season, and even with that, the adaptation is horrendous. Can’t believe that LERCHE are the same mfs who animated hanako-kun and AC.
Jul 30, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2021
Azophi said:
Date a live fans will surely love this though.

What? Why? This and DAL are basically nothing alike lol.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.