Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 14, 2022 2:14 PM
Jul 2022
Hello fellow anime enjoyers, I would like to ask why is this anime kinda hated? Every opinion is welcome, if you hate it just because, allright just don’t share your opinion. I would like to have every opinion from “fan” od this anime. Thanks guys and pls behave.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2022 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
It's not really that hated.
There are just some people out there with weird taste who wanted an edgy show where characters frequently die in gruesome ways like in episode 1, but that isn't what the series is, so they criticise it.
Jul 14, 2022 2:23 PM
Aug 2021
i don't know man, people these days hates something for nothing
Jul 14, 2022 2:25 PM

Mar 2018
its boring as shit
Jul 14, 2022 2:40 PM
Jun 2022
idk i see nothing wrong with it
Jul 14, 2022 2:43 PM
Nov 2020
The anime gets hate because of the 1st episode, it had and still has a controversy because of the 1st episode. People stopped watching after that scene and then put a narrative on the show just hating it, even though in my opinion that scene practically set the tone of how Goblins are, compared to other shows that have showed goblins to be weak and useless. After the 1st episode the anime is tamed drastically, there isn’t anymore Rape shown in the anime or movie( at the moment), but you do get backstory’s that are just telling what had happened. A lot of the hate the show gets is very stupid, at one point I seen someone say “that it was promoting Rape culture”, which is very stupid. It’s understandable for people to stop watching it after that scene, because people have their own stuff that they can handle before it’s to much, but to continue to hate on the show because of that scene is dumb.

Also a lot of the hate for the show comes from SJWs, who are literally terrible people for the anime community especially.
Jul 14, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2017
I don't hate it but I don't really love it. I do think that a lot of criticism the series gets is pretty meaningless and it boils down to "The series is/has x" or "It should be/have y" instead of critiquing HOW it does those things.
Jul 14, 2022 2:51 PM
Oct 2020
GazCZE said:
Hello fellow anime enjoyers, I would like to ask why is this anime kinda hated? Every opinion is welcome, if you hate it just because, allright just don’t share your opinion. I would like to have every opinion from “fan” od this anime. Thanks guys and pls behave.

Probably the rape stuff. Puts people off.

The only other thing would be that the plot isn’t like most fantasy anime you see. It doesn’t have a grand end goal or journey.

It’s essentially goblin slaying, but it’s dark and gritty.

I for one, love it for what it is - but it’s not for everyone.
Jul 14, 2022 2:53 PM
Apr 2022
the rape scene !!!!
Jul 14, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2022
Mq84jdk said:
GazCZE said:

Probably the rape stuff. Puts people off.

The only other thing would be that the plot isn’t like most fantasy anime you see. It doesn’t have a grand end goal or journey.

It’s essentially goblin slaying, but it’s dark and gritty.

I for one, love it for what it is - but it’s not for everyone.
Yes. Mámy came to see everyday cute anime but they were wrong 😅
Jul 14, 2022 3:15 PM

Mar 2018
_Ishinashi99 said:
ecliptyk said:
its boring as shit

Evangelion is overrated dogshit and boring shit.
_Ishinashi99 said:
ecliptyk said:
its boring as shit

Evangelion is overrated dogshit and boring shit.
Need some self awareness
Jul 14, 2022 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
It's not.
Few oversensitive Twitterians were upset that villains did something evil in first episode.
Unfortunately, while those Twitterians were small in numbers, they were quite vocal.

Jul 14, 2022 3:25 PM

Dec 2018
The first episode is alright, albeit a little on the edgier side, but after that it’s just super boring. The biggest problem is definitely it’s characters. They’re rarely in any risk and are hardly developed beyond a few key character traits. It ends up being a super generic, and honestly a rather tame dark fantasy.
Jul 14, 2022 3:45 PM
Apr 2022
I watched the anime for the first time yesterday and finished it today. And i really liked it. Especially the darker vibe throughout the show and even the movie. Can’t wait for the next season
Jul 14, 2022 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
It’s boring after episode 1 tbh
Jul 14, 2022 4:32 PM
Mar 2012
The world of Goblin Slayer is just extremely unconvincing. It never felt like there was a satisfying explanation for why just about everyone is so oblivious to the horrors goblins are capable of when they are also meant to be one of the most common monsters people will encounter just trying to live their life.

We are told and shown time and time again the horror goblins are capable of, yet people are still hung up on much bigger and powerful monsters and all the guilds and society in general seem much more interested in combating threats greater than goblins.
The only sensible conclusion to draw from that is that those monsters must truly be horrible and a lot worse than goblins. But the one time I recall them depicting some legendary adventurers taking down some great evil, it's depicted like a joke. What was the point of the first episode if Priestess is going be over basically all of it the next episode?

The conceit of the story aside, the characters just aren't very compelling on their own. They have very little going on besides what you see them do in battle.

Shoddy production in some of the more tense moments also didn't really help.

While I'm guessing the tabletop RPG element comes up more beyond the events of the anime, developing that more would have probably served the anime as a standalone experience better.
Jul 14, 2022 4:43 PM
Aug 2021
This is one of the best anime I have seen, I didn’t know people disliked it. I read some of the comments and it seemed that the reason it was disliked was because it wasn’t gory enough or what not. I thought it definitely established itself as serious in the first episode and continued to be of a serious tone the whole rest of the season. It’s a lot better paced than it would be if it all was gore and violence the whole time
Jul 14, 2022 4:49 PM
Nov 2019
_Ishinashi99 said:
people have shit taste and can't handle dark things, snowflakes

I agree 🤷🏽‍♂️
Jul 14, 2022 4:52 PM
Nov 2019
I love it so I don’t really care why people “hate” it 🤷🏽‍♂️😅
Jul 14, 2022 4:55 PM

Oct 2015
I don’t hate it, I just got bored watching it. I prefer reading other LNs.
Probably because I have read/seen too much rape/torture scenes.
Jul 14, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2021
I mean it’s not terrible, but the anime isn’t that great of an adaptation.
I feel like the LN has much more “personality” if you can say that, and it’s a lot more fun.
Jul 14, 2022 5:41 PM
Nov 2021
eh I don't hate it it's just okay to me
Jul 14, 2022 6:44 PM
May 2022
DarkHomieC said:
The anime gets hate because of the 1st episode, it had and still has a controversy because of the 1st episode. People stopped watching after that scene and then put a narrative on the show just hating it, even though in my opinion that scene practically set the tone of how Goblins are, compared to other shows that have showed goblins to be weak and useless. After the 1st episode the anime is tamed drastically, there isn’t anymore Rape shown in the anime or movie( at the moment), but you do get backstory’s that are just telling what had happened. A lot of the hate the show gets is very stupid, at one point I seen someone say “that it was promoting Rape culture”, which is very stupid. It’s understandable for people to stop watching it after that scene, because people have their own stuff that they can handle before it’s to much, but to continue to hate on the show because of that scene is dumb.

Also a lot of the hate for the show comes from SJWs, who are literally terrible people for the anime community especially.

What does sjw mean?
Jul 14, 2022 6:46 PM
May 2022
I personally thought the show was great I rated it an 8 not the best anime but it was entertaining and I enjoyed all the characters and series, you just have to have an open mind and get passed the first episode if that’s what bothers some
Jul 14, 2022 6:46 PM
May 2022
Plus goblin slayer is a pretty unique and interesting character
Jul 14, 2022 7:30 PM
Nov 2020
ConnorMusumeci said:
DarkHomieC said:

What does sjw mean?
“Social Justice Warrior”, practically whatever doesn’t fit their preference, they dislike or bash it
Jul 14, 2022 7:39 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
What kind of narrative are you trying to push here? People aren't talking about this show.
Jul 14, 2022 10:08 PM
Mar 2021
It is ok as a show, nothing amazing but it's entertaining, I guess most of the hate comes from how edgy episode 1 is, even if none of the episodes after it are nearly as extreme.
Jul 14, 2022 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
GazCZE said:

idk but the manga slaps
Jul 14, 2022 10:34 PM
Nov 2021
Goblin Slayer didnt care about crossing the line so people either love it or hate it ig. Personally I like it, idrk any haters for it
Jul 14, 2022 10:42 PM
Jun 2020
Most people just hate episode 1 and dropped it assuming the series was disgusting, that’s actually most anime nowadays everyone judges too soon (unless it’s manga/light novel readers who drop for the anime ruining something) and then still post or cosplay from the season for the clout despite knowing nothing. Can’t trust anyone in the anime community anymore, majority are fakes, especially the cosplay girls who only cosplay trends and you notice fail to make any in depth references. I’ve always got my guard up and ignore all criticisms like what happened to Goblin Slayer. If people come at me angrily, you’re most likely one of em. And no I’m not attacking all cosplay girls, I’m married to one who’s a real fan, and she gets hardcore attacked by the fake girls, you can tell who they are by how they talk or if they are copying trends.
Jul 14, 2022 10:43 PM
Jun 2020
handdog said:
the rape scene !!!!

Man I know it’s true but I’m being put off by that word coming out of an Epstein pfp 💀
Jul 15, 2022 12:25 AM
May 2016
I’m sure its bc the 1st. Episode
Jul 15, 2022 1:07 AM
Apr 2021
bc mfs dont know real shit
Jul 15, 2022 1:20 AM
Dec 2020
They're too soft hearted to watch a rape scene that's why.
Jul 15, 2022 2:36 AM

May 2021
the themes and storylines are hella overused,also,the usage of goblin rape scenes is horrible
Jul 15, 2022 3:19 AM
Apr 2021
Don't know why 😕
I like it though
Jul 15, 2022 3:28 AM

Sep 2021
i actually liked goblin slayer. probably because of the world-building. and answer to why it is hated, maybe cuz of the rape scene in ep1. people can't digest mature stuff. it was used as plot device. doesn't mean that it is getting promoted. these are the same people who say that there should be mature stuff in anime, then complain when an anime actually contains it.
Jul 15, 2022 6:24 AM
Jan 2018
its the piss scene in episode 1 for me. Its uncomfortable and weird. I dont even mind the fact that theres R in the series since its trying to build the world by including R.

ahow is pretty good just has a couple odd bits that people take issue with.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jul 15, 2022 7:35 AM
Mar 2017
You are late to the party since it was only hated on it's first episode due to violence towards women and rape. The only people that were outspoken we're the social justice warrior feminists, who said it was worse than Berserk.
Jul 15, 2022 9:40 AM
Mar 2021
I think most of the hate is toward the goblin rape (mostly episode 1).
Some think the show is boring or hate the mc.
I love show because it doesn't try too hard, it's simple, and it has a great soundtrack. I also like the setting with the classic DnD-like party. Personally, I like the mc but a lot of people don't.
I don't really appreciate seeing scenes like in episode 1, but I don't get caught up hating the show for it.
Jul 15, 2022 11:23 AM
Nov 2020
I disagree, I like the show but this is easily one of the lore hyped up shows that people seem to recommend to everyone.
Jul 15, 2022 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
Cause it sucks on practically every level, there is literally nothing unique about it, it’s literal only “draw” was that rape scene in the first episode which was tasteless and fetishized, and the rest of the show was a total tonal mismatch. Boring characters, nothing story and terrible, cookie cutter world building make it bad.
"Piccolo you have no sauce"
Jul 15, 2022 5:29 PM
Dec 2021
honestly I enjoyed it overall but the middle episodes felt kinda boring to me, there were some cool moments though
Jul 15, 2022 5:31 PM
Nov 2021
it is actually one of my favs
Jul 15, 2022 6:14 PM
Jul 2021
GazCZE said:

hated for me is a very strong word I really like the anime and the plot, but to some people they hate the anime because of a number of rape scenes, That is my opinion honestly
Jul 15, 2022 7:52 PM
Aug 2021
peak goblin show so thats why
Jul 15, 2022 7:55 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I had no idea Goblin Slayer is considered hated, I mean I know every show has their own haters but I don't think this is generally hated by many like Redo healer or Rent a GF.

Probably because those haters are such weaklings that they can't even see censored/off-screen rape scenes.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 15, 2022 8:40 PM
Jan 2018
DarkHomieC said:

Well said 👏 I second your entire reply , word to word!
Jul 16, 2022 5:28 AM
Nov 2021
most people that hate on it do so because they either didnt like the rape in episode 1 and then dropped it or because they didnt like it didnt continue that edgy/brutal. I personally love GS, a near perfect anime with only a few small flaws. but i generally like more down to earth and realistic concepte, same reason I love grimgar.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.