Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Aug 2021
That last part when ayanokoji just saw being bullied and literally just said - Huh! Made me laugh too hard
Jul 11, 2022 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
... sigh! wait again for next episode welp That's that im so looking forward for next episode it's so hype!
i'll be waiting for next episode
the story is getting and getting better
Jul 11, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2020
these eps really feel like 5 min long
poor kei
cant wait for the next one
Homura24Jul 11, 2022 11:36 AM

Jul 11, 2022 10:15 AM
May 2021
Pacing was ok this episode but yh the animation defo dropped, hopefully the next ep is crispy
Jul 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2021
Kei's a really interesting person, I want the anime to explore her character a little more. Other than that this was a good episode!!! Can't wait to see next week's episode!!
Jul 11, 2022 11:01 AM
May 2017
I find it so fucking funny how a whole situation like this sprouted from accidentally bumping into someone. People call this writing smart? LMAO
Jul 11, 2022 11:13 AM

Mar 2021
Boring. They do absolutely nothing in this game and just sit around.

Am I supposed to care about this Karuizawa girl? Because I don't, and I can't, why is there so much focus on her suddenly? (rhetoric)

Fucking Kushida, I hoped that Ayanokoji would uppercut her and throw her off the boat. Better luck next time
AbsoluteCinemaJul 11, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 11, 2022 11:18 AM
Mar 2021
Pacing is good and the hidden plot is also there , but the animation in this episode is kinda odd overall good Episode , and they are adapting according to light novel but changing the order of events which good in the Anime
Jul 11, 2022 11:19 AM
Jan 2022
caliburn1337 said:
INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Man that cliffhanger, and the pacing, part of Kei's monologue was adapted too!!! We are in great hands boys!

Unfortunately this episode was outsourced so the animation wasn't as great, still, looked pretty decent.

So many reveals on this one, the anime onlys must be going crazy. Hyped for next week. 5/5
What was the reveal? other than that fake boyfriend
Jul 11, 2022 11:59 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic episode. I love ayanakoji, he so hot.
Jul 11, 2022 11:59 AM

Feb 2021
Better pacing than episode 1 but the animation just looks super weird at times, specially the faces.
But looking at it now I can see that the episode was outsourced to another studio

Kinda weird that they put Kei's monologue now instead of the shower scene from ep 1 where it was supposed to be.

Jul 11, 2022 12:13 PM

Apr 2021
This episode is better than the last one. I'm glad they didn't cut/change major scenes. At first, I thought they cut some important scnes, but at the end of the episode I realized it was just my bad memory (I read the the volume of quite a long time ago).
Jul 11, 2022 12:15 PM

Apr 2018
Ayanokouji is the type of guy to see a traumatized girl and say "heeeeeeh".
Anyway, the animation is garabe. Straight up as bad as the first season. Everything feels so fucking awkward and clunky. Of course, they just put voice mail music over the discussions. Even with how shit s1 was, it's miles better than the first 2 episodes of s2.
Only the opening and ending are good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

Apr 2021
Amamiya__Ren said:
That last part when ayanokoji just saw being bullied and literally just said - Huh! Made me laugh too hard

Exactly! Lol
They could've shown his monologue from the light novel instead.

Oct 2014
I wonder what’s Kei’s worth in Ayanokoji’s eyes to earn his attention.
Jul 11, 2022 12:17 PM
Aug 2021
Her being in centre of all things, its like all the events are just happening for her, that's what catch kiyotaka's eyes for her
Jul 11, 2022 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
Another boring ep, I'm starting to wonder what exactly is the appeal of this show again !?
Jul 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Oct 2018
Kei is suffering because of those 3 bitches... Ayanokoji just hide and say "wow" :') heartless
Jul 11, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2018
kiyotaka sounds like hes got a plan in hand when he saw her being bullied.

kiyotaka thinks of his allies as chess pieces and know how to use them to his advantage.

Wonder where the preview is and just thinking about the discussion which seems like a time skip .

gamibo said:
caliburn1337 said:
INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Man that cliffhanger, and the pacing, part of Kei's monologue was adapted too!!! We are in great hands boys!

Unfortunately this episode was outsourced so the animation wasn't as great, still, looked pretty decent.

So many reveals on this one, the anime onlys must be going crazy. Hyped for next week. 5/5

Not really, when there will be a episode of explaining how the game ended and maybe kiyotaka team/himself has the upper hand

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jul 11, 2022 12:33 PM

Nov 2020
Imagine being so unhinged you react this strongly to your friend being bumped into once.

I wish they'd made it so Karuizawa had done something worse to this girl. As it is right now, it's just incredibly silly that this girl's friends are going this far over a bump, or that Karuizawa would refuse to just go "sorry for bumping into you that one time" and squashing it, if she really is this distressed.
Jul 11, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2021
The animation has been horrendous to be honest 😂

It seems that with the planets, Koenji and the C class it's still the same, so I'm a little relieved

So it's revealed Karuizawa's trauma, now we know the whole truth 0.0

Let's see what Ayanokouji has in mind
The anime makes Ayanokouji so "._."
That "huh" in the end was so funny asdfa
Jul 11, 2022 12:54 PM

Apr 2021
begija said:
So I'm kinda confused. Aren't both Ayanokouji and Karuizawa VIPs? Why would Karuizawa ask him if he was VIP? Or did I misunderstand that people that were on the first meeting with the teacher are VIPs?
yeah
You misunderstood
Jul 11, 2022 12:55 PM

Apr 2021
Ronninn said:
Are they skipping Ayanokoji's monologue or he's literally a robot?
they're skipping
Ayanokouji's personality feels different because of that
Jul 11, 2022 1:04 PM
May 2020
was a slow episode but it did help us see the "parasite" within the cruise
Jul 11, 2022 1:13 PM
Apr 2022
well... the final "HUH" from ayanūkoji really hit me. like he reaaly get and didnt get it at the same time
Hello
Jul 11, 2022 2:55 PM
Jun 2019
Ok episode, I guess. If Ayanokouji or Machida aren't doing anything to help her, I hope they're AT LEAST taking videos or something... even a picture should be enough to use as evidence.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 11, 2022 3:25 PM

Jan 2018
All eyes are on Karuizawa this time.

Ayanokoji's still trying to gather info on her. Cannot wait for the next one.
Jul 11, 2022 3:36 PM

Jun 2017
Looks like Ayanokouji figured something out, time to start 5D chess?
Jul 11, 2022 5:39 PM

Aug 2020
Animation quality was bad but the interesting one is story wise sl

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 11, 2022 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
Build up episode for the climax of volume 4. Its just continuing the special test. And the team of Koenji just have a early exit, because he guess the VIP. Eccentruc as ever. Horikita is pissed about it, Ayanokouji being not surprised about it. Ryuuen planning smth to clear the test and defeating class A.

Hirata and Kei are not a real couple, they just act as one. Because of Kei and it revealed that she was bullied in the past. The episode ends Kei getting bullied by the girls of class C

Jul 11, 2022 7:17 PM
Mar 2018
Just like s1, this season is garbage
Jul 11, 2022 8:31 PM

Sep 2015
Animation wasn't good, the pacing is bad, and there are tons and tons of still images....
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 11, 2022 9:09 PM
Aug 2018
story is boring now time waste , 1st season was better then this
why i feel like my 20 min is just being wasted every episode till now
Jul 11, 2022 11:47 PM

Nov 2018
The animation sure downgraded quite a bit in this episode. But the rest was fine.
Especially the pacing of this episode was really good.... Man 20 minutes felt like only 5 minutes
Jul 12, 2022 12:17 AM

Jul 2021
Man the cliffhanger is so annoying.

Damn so Kuruizawa and Hirata weren't dating for real? Damn.

Imagine in next episode Ayanokoji jumps to save Kei and then Kei falls for him.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 12, 2022 12:20 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Quite a number of off-models today; hopefully this will be the case just for this episode alone. However the modelling of the oasis-class royal caribbean cruise ship seems to be pretty darn accurate.

Would someone mind quickly explaining this "test" to me; all the rules and such went over my head in the first episode, which I'm too lazy to re-watch. It's hard to get invested when you don't know exactly what's going on.

All I remember is that they've been split up into groups, each one having its own VIP which is unknown to all. All groups are essentially competing with each other to name their own VIP first, and the winning group gets a massive amount of points that will be shared evenly. However the VIP in each group has an incentive not to get found out because they will get a larger amount of points for themselves if they remain uncaught. And naming a person who is NOT the VIP will incur harsh penalties. Pretty much among us I guess

If I missed any other important points or if I did not interpret it correctly at all let me know, otherwise if I pretty much covered everything important just disregard my request I guess lol. Like I just want to know how it all works so I can understand everyone's actions better, like that one dude (sorry I really don't remember anyone's names) asking Horishikita to get their groups to "team up". Like are we supposed to understand their motivations right now, or are those to be revealed later? Because I ended up just feeling lost tbh

Sorry if the answers are obvious and I'm being dum, I just don't feel like re-watching these episodes

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2022 12:32 AM
May 2021
After the dissappointing first episode this was somewhat enjoyable.I hope they keep the quality like this for the rest of the episodes.

3/5 for this episode.
Jul 12, 2022 12:46 AM
Nov 2015
BetaMaleUltra said:

Would someone mind quickly explaining this "test" to me; all the rules and such went over my head in the first episode, which I'm too lazy to re-watch. It's hard to get invested when you don't know exactly what's going on.

Basically, there are multiple groups, they need to find the VIP on their own group.

Test end results:

1. Share the identity of the VIP and clear the exam together as one. (+500k private points to each member, 1M private points to VIP)

2. Answer incorrectly and the group loses but the VIP still receives points. (+500k private points to VIP)

3. A traitor uncovers the identity of the VIP. (+500k private points and +50 class points to traitor, 50 class points deducted to VIP)

4. A traitor incorrectly uncovers the identity of the VIP. (-500k private points and -50 class points to traitor, 50 class points added to VIP)

The dude who asked Horikita is Ryuen. Both of them belong in the same group. That's why he asked whether if Horikita had any leads in the VIP of their group. He also offered to have an alliance with Class D since knowing the VIP of each class would help understand how the VIP are chosen per planet group.
Jul 12, 2022 1:29 AM

Mar 2016
Love how Kei's monologue got adapted.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jul 12, 2022 1:51 AM

Oct 2020
Already better and more interesting than the first season
Jul 12, 2022 1:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
frenzi said:
1. Share the identity of the VIP and clear the exam together as one. (+500k private points to each member, 1M private points to VIP)

2. Answer incorrectly and the group loses but the VIP still receives points. (+500k private points to VIP)

3. A traitor uncovers the identity of the VIP. (+500k private points and +50 class points to traitor, 50 class points deducted to VIP)

4. A traitor incorrectly uncovers the identity of the VIP. (-500k private points and -50 class points to traitor, 50 class points added to VIP)

The dude who asked Horikita is Ryuen. Both of them belong in the same group. That's why he asked whether if Horikita had any leads in the VIP of their group. He also offered to have an alliance with Class D since knowing the VIP of each class would help understand how the VIP are chosen per planet group.

Ah, now it makes sense. I thought only "private points" were in play, I completely glossed over the fact that there are "class points". I was wondering why everyone just goes for end result #1, where everyone the whole group gets points and everybody wins. But since the groups have members from each class in them (right?), they will pretty much be working against each other to benefit their own class.

So the VIP has the incentive to remain hidden in hopes that a traitor will incorrectly guess who they are which will give 50 points to said VIP's class, and vice versa the traitors have the incentive to successfully identify the VIP to get those 50 class points as well as the 500k private points for themselves, and at the same time bringing down the class points of the VIP, who tried to remain hidden.

But I guess scenario #1 is still an appealing choice for many who simply want private points, so that would make things interesting as well. And if I remember correctly, the VIP has some sort of device or app on their phone or whatever that reveals their identity to the whole group and thus notifying those overseeing it that they have chosen to go with option #1, so that other members can't cheat and claim that they had discovered the VIP themselves to get to scenario #3.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it a lot!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2022 2:29 AM
Aug 2017
So the special exam continues in this episode. The Mars group is still at a stalemate due to the class A students not wanting to cooperate and things start to look interesting for the Jupiter group with the reveal that Kushida (the most trustworthy girl in this show obviously) is the VIP. And then there's just Kouenji who Kouenji'd his way into the exam as always.

Aside from that, the main highlight of this episode is Kei with the reveal of her fake relationship with Yousuke and that she was the victim of severe bullying for years. The episode ends with her being bullied by Manabe and her friends while the scene is being witnessed by Yukimura and Kiyotaka.

Now for the elephant in the room, there is a clear problem with the animation in this episode due to outsourcing and I really hope that the following episodes will receive better treatment. I saw that several people were saying that the animation was not that bad, but come on barely any face has correct proportions, so if that's not bad animation I don't know what is.

All in all I think this episode did a good job adapting important scenes and I find it really enjoyable to finally see those scenes in animation. In my opinion, this episode is a 4/5, but that's mainly because I'm a LN reader so I know the full picture of what's going on in this arc.

If my guess is correct the next episode is likely to conclude Volume 4 of the LN, but if it does it will be a pretty stacked episode so I'm a little worried about pacing (and also about the state of Twitter when the 'SYL' scene gets animated).
Salmon is really the fish of all time.
Jul 12, 2022 2:30 AM
Jan 2022
Nephronsensis said:
story is boring now time waste , 1st season was better then this
why i feel like my 20 min is just being wasted every episode till now
Bcoz this time the Test is difficult to understand and requires mostly discussion which can lead to boredom...This type of test is also not to my liking not bcoz I didnt understand the test but bcoz its mostly discussion based which I dont care in Anime form,in LN it may look good as LN is made to read only
Jul 12, 2022 2:49 AM
May 2018
POP OFF HIRATA

Albert going behind the counter, preparing a drink for Ryuen, looking badass
also: drinks soda water
(yes I know they're not allowed to have alcohol but it looks silly)

Hirata: She's been a victim of bullying for 9 years
Kiyo's face: :(

To me, the character's faces look... off. Can't really point out the exact problem with it, but their expression looks less sharp to be and their eyes don't seem to have as much detail, both as compared to Season 1. Could just be this episode though, since I didn't have the same feeling as when watching Episode 1 of this season
Jul 12, 2022 2:52 AM

May 2018
A bump? Who writes this shit lmao
Jul 12, 2022 5:38 AM

Apr 2020
Well development in this episode was only limited, Mars are still stuck in a stalemate, but hey Saturn got theirs finished (oof), Ryuen is still intimidating Suzune whenever he can, and Ayanokoji is on spectator mode but not for long.

Whatever is brewing under the surface remains to be seen, but the things that are happening to Kei has something to unleash that magma. For now, Kiyotaka now knows the hidden face that Kei possess, and with Hirata finally being dumped, it seems our boy can possibly be the next armor that Karuizawa needs.
Jul 12, 2022 6:14 AM
Sep 2016
I cant anymore. It feels like im watching paper cut-outs talking about useless stuff. Its just boring
Jul 12, 2022 7:50 AM

Nov 2018
gamibo said:
caliburn1337 said:

The major reveal was the fake boyfriend, but we also got some of Kei's past(the bullying she suffered on the past) and her monologue, which makes us understand her reasons to act the way she does. Also, now we know that Hirata has a reason to protect Kei, it has something to do with his past, which will be revealed in the future. The anime is doing a great job with the cliffhangers just like the previous season.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 12, 2022 8:28 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Ayanokoji talking to some colleagues about the special test and a guy who just wants to admire his beauty decides to finish his test
Jul 12, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2022
Too much dialogues man.......I don't know in some scenes where camera was focused on Ayanokoji face his face looks like innocent small child it don't have vibe like previous season...

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

836 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

278 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2022

271 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

337 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 27, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

241 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 22, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.