Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 9, 2022 1:50 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
i thought everyone hated him .... regardless of elites to avg anime watchers but as of now he has "659" faves...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 9, 2022 2:11 AM
May 2021
soniyay said:
i thought everyone hated him .... regardless of elites to avg anime watchers but as of now he has "659" faves...

well I don't have him as one of my favorites, but I can see where the people who do have him in their favorites are coming from. He is not your stereotypical kirito mc who is able to do anything, which is also a breath of dresh air for me. I also feel like eventhough he has made some mistakes, there were never any bad intentions behind his actions. And of course his tomfooleries are great for comedic relief so there are some valid reasons to 'favorite' him.
Jul 9, 2022 2:15 AM
May 2021
soniyay said:

Also the haters are often louder than the lovers, and the fact that it has become a sort of trend for people to make fun of kazuya creates a bit of a mishaped image of how many 'lovers' there actually are
Sep 2020
Tbh people paint his character to be waaaaaay worse than it actually is.

Nov 2021
Bots count for sure, something this popular (ofcourse in opposite/negative way) and still 659 for mc is either bots or troll. People really hate him with everything they got. >.<

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 9, 2022 2:17 AM
Jul 2021
There are a lot of troll accounts on MAL. You see accounts that have Boku no Pico on their favorites. It's really not that bizarre to see Kazuya in someones favorites list tbh.
Jul 9, 2022 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
I'm gonna say this once again:
Kazuya's biggest sin is NOT that he is cringe, but despite being flawed character and having a lot of potential for character development, it goes barely anywhere.
He is just a complete waste of potentially good character, which in my opinion is one of the greatest sins a writer can commit.

Anyway, he is truly one of the anime characters ever written.
My favourite moment is when Kazuya says:
It's rentin' time!

Jul 9, 2022 2:34 AM

Aug 2018
People who are sick in their brains, duh.
Jul 9, 2022 2:35 AM
Nov 2021
I hate him too but in ep 1 he is gonna do something with passion and doing something that benefit chizuru for 1st time so cut some slack
Jul 9, 2022 3:15 AM
Dec 2021
I dont have him in my favorites, but I personally don't really dislike him, it only bothers me how he is in many situations, still, he has his characteristics that differentiate him from other mc's and his moments
Jul 9, 2022 5:01 AM
Jan 2021
He’s not in mine but he’s better than most average harem mc’s like fuutaro, bell, etc.
Jul 9, 2022 5:16 AM
Apr 2018
probably people who see themselfs in him.
Jul 9, 2022 5:43 AM
Jun 2022
well after he made an entire movie just for a rental girlfriend I just stated respecting him and the fact that he was ready to tell chizuru's grandma the truth by the end of the second season I think more people will start liking him
Jul 9, 2022 7:07 AM
Mar 2022
Better yet, why have any character from this anime in your favorites? 😮 I mean come on, out of all anime characters to have on your faves and you pick one from ecchi harem number 82 come on man...
Jul 9, 2022 7:35 AM
Apr 2018
I have because everyone hates him, so it's funny to have him xD, and despite he's cringe and stupid sometimes it's relatable
Jul 9, 2022 7:45 AM
Apr 2021
I dont understand people that hate this guy and still they watched the first season and are waiting for new episodes in season 2.Honestly if u really hate this guy so much u would have just dropped this anime a long time ago,he is almost in every scene.
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Sep 2014
R77Prodigy said:

I think people hate him beacause he's just like them.
Jul 9, 2022 8:19 AM
Apr 2021
soniyay said:
NaKituMiNajasi said:
I dont understand people that hate this guy and still they watched the first season and are waiting for new episodes in season 2.Honestly if u really hate this guy so much u would have just dropped this anime a long time ago,he is almost in every scene.
i hate my life doesnt mean i will end it, there are other things keeping me alive. now understand my figure of speech.

Sure u are right,but isnt it better that kazuya is like this i mean if u want him to be more handsome and not be cringey than there isnt any need for rental girlfriend,i mean he would have found one already and in story mami left him becasue he was kinda wierd but if he wasnt would she left him for that reason,maybe she would stay with him.So what im trying to say is,if he wasnt like this than anime wouldnt made any sense honestly.But thats only my opinion.
Jul 9, 2022 8:26 AM
Apr 2018
Hrybami said:
R77Prodigy said:

I think people hate him beacause he's just like them.
thats also true, most people just want to seem some perfect goodlooking badass who gets every girl just because. I dont hate nor i love kazuya but i think the hate he gets sometimes hes just to much. I just wanted some growth from him maybe him stoping paying for a rental that would be a start.
Jul 9, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2022
Piromysl said:
I'm gonna say this once again:
Kazuya's biggest sin is NOT that he is cringe, but despite being flawed character and having a lot of potential for character development, it goes barely anywhere.
He is just a complete waste of potentially good character, which in my opinion is one of the greatest sins a writer can commit.

Anyway, he is truly one of the anime characters ever written.
My favourite moment is when Kazuya says:
It's rentin' time!

You make a good point. I would enjoy watching a flawed character grow from past mistakes and redeem themselves to the point where you want to root for them. Sadly he seams like a character that will constantly take 1 step forward and 5 steps back. That’s not enjoyable for me.
Jul 9, 2022 10:09 AM
Jan 2022
JapieKrekel said:
soniyay said:

well I don't have him as one of my favorites, but I can see where the people who do have him in their favorites are coming from. He is not your stereotypical kirito mc who is able to do anything, which is also a breath of dresh air for me. I also feel like eventhough he has made some mistakes, there were never any bad intentions behind his actions. And of course his tomfooleries are great for comedic relief so there are some valid reasons to 'favorite' him.

Finally someone who speaks my mind
Jul 9, 2022 10:18 AM
Aug 2020
I like the guy, but not one of my faves, he kinda basically resembles me, Pervy but nice and understanding, also kinda akward.
Jul 9, 2022 4:44 PM
Aug 2021
soniyay said:

People who like what they want to can have him as a favorite? Is that against the fucking law now or something? Why can’t people just let people like what they like
Jul 9, 2022 6:15 PM
Dec 2019
Wait for the season to finish or read the manga you’ll understand
Jul 9, 2022 6:45 PM

May 2021
That's still way too low, given Chizuru's favourites and this show's popularity.

Jul 9, 2022 11:14 PM
Jul 2017
JapieKrekel said:
soniyay said:

This is the first non-bashing comment I’ve seen in any of this shows posts. Most people must see themselves in the MC and feel ashamed so they hate him
Jul 9, 2022 11:31 PM
Apr 2022
It's because I like the character design.
Jul 9, 2022 11:45 PM

Jan 2018
kazuya is pretty tame if you're one of the 4 chan.
Jul 10, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2021
The average anime forum user, i mean...
Jul 10, 2022 8:11 AM
Jul 2020
JapieKrekel said:
soniyay said:

I absolutely agree, I think Kazuya is a good character because he’s flawed, he is aware of them and wants to change and help mizuhara. He’s realistic, no one in the world is the cool, charismatic rom com mc. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who in some way relate to him, because everyone, in one way or another, is pathetic at times, is a loser at times, and makes mistakes. Kazuya tries to change that, he’s very self aware, especially as the series progresses.
Jul 11, 2022 7:47 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for discussing MAL community data.

Anime/Manga Discussion Rules 2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:

e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.