Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2022 4:33 AM

Jul 2019
I don't even remember much of this anime, but all I remember is vehemently disliking this annoying girl who kept hitting Ryuuji for the dumbest reasons.

Anyway what do you think? Am I right or am I right?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 7, 2022 4:52 AM
Aug 2021
Mannnn I’m still waiting on season 2
Jul 7, 2022 4:52 AM
Jul 2021
You're right. But no one cares. She's still best girl.
Jul 7, 2022 4:53 AM
Jun 2021
She's just a spoiled child with no parents
Jul 7, 2022 5:02 AM
Jul 2020
504keem said:

Season 2? The story’s over. What would season 2 be about?
Jul 7, 2022 5:09 AM

Mar 2022
Ye she hella toxic. But we'll this is anime we're talking about. You can always win over your love interest by ignoring and belittling them here.

Jul 7, 2022 5:28 AM
Jul 2021
I hated this anime and especially her character the marriage at the end was wayyyy too predictable and I didn’t like her character at all. The whole anime was ruined because of her and the bully girl who was soooo fake. I think that this anime was the worst that I’ve seen in a long while besides Your Lie In April and Kanokon. Can’t remember the other ones that I gave really low scores to besides this one and some others.
Jul 7, 2022 5:38 AM

May 2021
NextUniverse said:
I don't even remember much of this anime, but all I remember is vehemently disliking this annoying girl who kept hitting Ryuuji for the dumbest reasons.

By your logic most tsunderes don’t deserve a partner, at least Taiga was better in writing compared to most others
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Jul 7, 2022 5:40 AM
Sep 2021
Yes

She's bad as hell, and so is the anime

She's still not as bad as Louise in zero no Tsukaima tho

Damn..... kugimiya Rie stuck in voicing terrible tsundere Characters, at least she has Kagura and Rise
Jul 7, 2022 5:40 AM
Sep 2021
Itsumo_Issho said:
NextUniverse said:

By your logic most tsunderes don’t deserve a partner, at least Taiga was better in writing compared to most others

There's so much tsunderes that are written better than her

Noelle, Eris, Christina, etc
Jul 7, 2022 5:44 AM
Sep 2021
OtakuChan2021 said:
I hated this anime and especially her character the marriage at the end was wayyyy too predictable and I didn’t like her character at all. The whole anime was ruined because of her and the bully girl who was soooo fake. I think that this anime was the worst that I’ve seen in a long while besides Your Lie In April and Kanokon. Can’t remember the other ones that I gave really low scores to besides this one and some others.

Agreed, it's bad

Also everyone says that Ami is best girl but like you can remove her from the anime and nothing changes, she's also annoying

I also agree that Kanokon sucks, tho YLIA is 5/10, it only gets worse in the 2nd half
Jul 7, 2022 5:45 AM

Jun 2011
Nah, she's still one of the better tsundere.

The hitting part is no different from Nami hitting Luffy/Zoro or Bulma hitting Master Roshi, it's played for jokes. Anime logic.

It's no different from the characters in Angel Beats dying for jokes in one of the episodes. It's anime logic.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 7, 2022 5:47 AM
Mar 2022
Austin_Bale said:
504keem said:

There is still LN material to go off of, it would be better off as like an OVA or smth tho
Jul 7, 2022 6:03 AM
Jul 2022
OtakuChan2021 said:

Nah, YLIA is something else. I understand u didn’t like toradora. But I don’t think Taiga had to be a good person to make it a good anime. It is just a story where the mc happens to be a spoiled girl. It might not be good, but some of us find it entertaining.
Jul 7, 2022 6:05 AM
Jun 2022
I dont really like her, she is such a brat for me :(
Jul 7, 2022 6:09 AM
Apr 2022
I didn’t dislike this anime but Taiga was an overwhelming character I didn’t really understand why she had some of the traits she did
Jul 7, 2022 6:17 AM
Jan 2022
That's what you call a tsundere . And she's one of the best
Jul 7, 2022 6:24 AM

Sep 2010
People who watched the whole anime and still think Taiga is a bad person didn't get the point of this anime. It's all about character development. She is a trashy character in the beginning so she can develop into a good character later on. If she was already a perfect character from the first episode there wouldn't be any development and the anime would get boring pretty fast. But for some reason people always only use the episode 1 Taiga to trashtalk her instead of the episode 25 Taiga, just shows me that they either didn't watch the anime or didn't understand it at all.
ateksJul 7, 2022 4:54 PM
Jul 7, 2022 6:43 AM
Jul 2022
She is not necessarily a bad person, just a person acting mean to cover up their weaknesses. However I still dislike her.
Jul 7, 2022 7:16 AM
Apr 2021
NextUniverse said:

Yes you are very right (bitch-ass word limit)
Jul 7, 2022 7:41 AM

Nov 2018
That would be a Tsundere for ya
Jul 7, 2022 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
one of the worst tsunderes
Jul 7, 2022 8:03 AM

May 2020
NextUniverse said:

I think the same... I hate his character, his 'evolution' (If she has one) and how it affects the lives of the other characters.
I dont hate tsunderes when they have a logic evolution or contribute something for the plot. Traiga was maddening all the time. Even with the predictible ending, a correct evolution could have made the difference.

(sorry for the bad english)
Jul 7, 2022 8:23 AM
Jan 2021
I also hate Taiga but my experiences with the anime is actually pretty good. I rewatch the English dubs sometimes when I am eating because the series is easy to consume without really putting too much attention.
Jul 7, 2022 8:23 AM
Apr 2022
nah, she just a tsundere with baggage like others
Jul 7, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2021
As much as I like this anime, I would definitely despise Taiga's character in real life.
Jul 7, 2022 8:45 AM
Apr 2020
ateks said:
People who watched the whole anime and still think Taiga is a bad person didn't get the point of this whole anime. It's all about character development. She is a trashy character in the beginning so she can develop into a good character towards the end of the anime. If she was already a perfect character from the first episode there wouldn't be any development and it would get boring fast. But for some reason people always only use the episode 1 character to trashtalk her instead of the episode 25 character, just shows me that they either didn't watch it or didn't understand it at all.

This 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
Jul 7, 2022 9:15 AM
Jun 2021
taiga é perfeita minha tigre de bolso fav
Jul 7, 2022 9:51 AM
Jan 2021
She gotta lot of trauma, plus she’s a high schooler. She of course, got better.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 7, 2022 10:20 AM
Aug 2019
Right for sure.
It would have made Taiga’s character more compelling.
Jul 7, 2022 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
You're objectively wrong. Everyone has their flaws and even if she was a bad person, she still deserves love.

P.S. I'm a bad person in a relationship 😈

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2021
FMmatron said:
You're objectively wrong. Everyone has their flaws and even if she was a bad person, she still deserves love.

So if someone was actively abusing you, it would be rational for you to then fall in love with your abuser? Makes no sense
Jul 7, 2022 11:51 AM
Apr 2021
ToG25thBaam said:
Nah, she's still one of the better tsundere.

The hitting part is no different from Nami hitting Luffy/Zoro or Bulma hitting Master Roshi, it's played for jokes. Anime logic.

It's no different from the characters in Angel Beats dying for jokes in one of the episodes. It's anime logic.

Only good tsundere is that one character from Mushoku Tensei as she actually gets what she deserves
Jul 7, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
RetroGressive said:
FMmatron said:

So if someone was actively abusing you, it would be rational for you to then fall in love with your abuser? Makes no sense

That's not what my post said and claiming Taiga is an abuser wouls be a big, fat reach. Try again and if you're capable, don't be so biased.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2022 12:39 PM
Apr 2021
FMmatron said:
RetroGressive said:

That's not what my post said and claiming Taiga is an abuser wouls be a big, fat reach. Try again and if you're capable, don't be so biased.

It was an analogy. And I would say my point was that tsundere as a whole is an annoying and over used trope
Jul 7, 2022 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
My main problem with Taiga is that she makes a terrible first impression. Within 15 minutes of the very first episode, she breaks into his apartment and starts attacking Ryuji with a wooden sword even though at this early stage all we know is he's a nice guy who has never even spoken to her before.

Compared to Zero no Tsukaima: Louise doesn't hit Saito until the 3rd episode when she catches him trying to peep up girl's skirts. By this point the dynamic between the two is more established. Louise is a dignified aristocrat who is mocked by her peers but she's stuck with Saito, a dumb knucklehead who is constantly doing things to cause her embarrassment. Her treatment of him is understandable.

But anyway as the show progresses Taiga becomes much more likable. The introduction is far too rushed however and I still don't like the final ending scene.
epidemia78Jul 7, 2022 12:57 PM
Jul 7, 2022 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
RetroGressive said:
FMmatron said:

It was an analogy. And I would say my point was that tsundere as a whole is an annoying and over used trope

Can't disagree with that, I'm not a tsundere fan either.

Jul 7, 2022 12:55 PM

Aug 2020
Welcome to masochism.
Keep scrolling
Jul 7, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2021
No I like her personally. Her hitting Ryuji is kinda annoying but they have genuine moments as well. Quiet moments where they are just kinda happy around each other. I think Taiga banters alot and Ryujis role in the relationship means he doesnt hit back that much, but as tsunderes go I think her relationship with Ryuji is actually pretty good.

The drama in the show can be super cringe though. Like when the characters are being so convoluted they're basically speaking in riddles and shit, its difficult to enjoy parts like that. But stuff like when Tiaga is just playing video games quietly and Ryuji is making her pads and she gets excited and is grateful, its moments like that that make me like her
Jul 7, 2022 2:08 PM
Jul 2021
No, she just vents her frustration in a cartoonic way.
Jul 7, 2022 2:09 PM
Dec 2021
(just my opinion, if you like this show you like the show and that's that, not looking to take that away or change anyone's mind, just tryna vent)

Taiga is a horrible selfish character through and through, the story and the writing is really hypocritical and tries to spin it around to make you feel for her, but her circumstances are not an excuse for her actions, this exemplified when other characters do the exact same actions as her at some points, but the script spins it around so taiga is immediately forgiven and but the other characters are treated like scum, which is how she treats everyone around her, and even goes as far as stealing her best friends crush, the moment she realizes she'll lose someone who she's only been treating like a servant, the moment she realizes that if he's of someone else's, than he won't be hers, essentially putting her happiness in front of others, which weather you see it as romantic or not (which... I don't, but that's just me), is the literal definition of selfish, whenever her character changes, it's without any sort of logical arc and pretty much out of nowhere to play into a tsundere fantasy.

Taking her friends hard earned money
Escaping cause she won't be the center of attention
Antagonizing Ryugi for trying to help mend her relationship with her father (double ouch cause his dad ACTUALLY ABANDONED HIM, WTF)
but Being praised for doing the exact same thing in a worse way (By calling his mom AND TELLING HER HE HAD AN ACCIDENT AND THAT HE WAS ON THE VERGE OF DEATH, HOW TF IS THIS GOOD) just to butt in on their family problems.

She's just a horrible endocentric character for whom moral rules don't apply cause she's just meant to fulfill an unrealistic, unhealthy and selfish depiction of love.
LucyAndVolfyJul 7, 2022 2:18 PM
Jul 7, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2022
ateks said:
People who watched the whole anime and still think Taiga is a bad person didn't get the point of this whole anime. It's all about character development. She is a trashy character in the beginning so she can develop into a good character towards the end of the anime. If she was already a perfect character from the first episode there wouldn't be any development and it would get boring fast. But for some reason people always only use the episode 1 character to trashtalk her instead of the episode 25 character, just shows me that they either didn't watch it or didn't understand it at all.

My thought process exactly. I don’t really know how some people watched the whole show and still don’t understand that than again these are the same people giving Toradora a 1 and sword art online a 10 like the shows not bad you just got bad taste lmao
Jul 7, 2022 2:51 PM
Jan 2022
DrBalls said:
You're right. But no one cares. She's still best girl.

Fax she is best girl
Jul 7, 2022 3:32 PM
May 2021
yeah she's toxic asf but the community at large seems to give her a pass I liked the other characters just not her
Jul 7, 2022 3:37 PM

Jun 2016
I remember disliking her and Ryuji towards the end of the show. They were acting really selfish and disrespectful towards the people close to them.
Jul 7, 2022 3:44 PM
Jan 2022
Austin_Bale said:
504keem said:

True. I cannot imagine what the 2nd season would be about
Jul 7, 2022 5:44 PM

Feb 2021
Taiga and her overall Peter Pan won't grow attitude while also being an egoist brat that only take and never gives anything back is why I scored the show a 3.
"The sun rises today and sets again. A flower that bloomed in the morning, falls from its stem. The sun sets today and rises again. Flowers bloom to fill the land, but not the flowers of yesterday..."

Jul 7, 2022 9:52 PM
May 2022
yeah she’s annoying i hate this anime so much
Jul 7, 2022 10:27 PM
Jul 2020
Not even close. a very bad person would be someone that does bad things all the time, doesn't care about other people, etc. Taiga really cares about the other and the worst thing she ever did was hit Ryuuji. She sure ain't an angel but saying she's a bad person is way too extreme.
Jul 7, 2022 11:09 PM
May 2022
no def not she’s just tsundere trash
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl?

JustSomeone15 - 4 hours ago

9 by AshTheChamp »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.