Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2022 12:04 AM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Being in the same room as huke, and the ceo of good smile co and ceo of shaft and everyone else on the panel was pretty cool. Whats with huke's "covid facemask"? XD. I couldent get my eyes off him the entire panel hopeing it slips off accidently so I could get a glimps of his face.

Episode 4 was pretty amazing for me finally getting to see a new content episode and not recap like all of ep 1 and 2 and most of 3. But getting cut of with a fight scene cliffhanger really sucked. Don't know why most people are rating this show low, they did a amazing job adapting the orignal, yes they recapped a lot for ep 1-3 but thats kind of the point, this show is not a remake of the orignal my RT, but its own story. A remake with the orignal story, OST, and studio shaft animations would have been amazing tho ngl.

Ruby's wep now shoots backwards in the dream world for the rest of the season, I wonder how thats going to change her fighing style.

Jul 4, 2022 1:16 AM

Jun 2017
wait episode 4 is out?
I thought we had to wait 3 weeks for episode 4
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jul 4, 2022 1:19 AM
Nov 2016
I think I read somewhere that we needed to wait a couple of weeks for the next episode too, what the hell is going on?

Oh well, the more episodes the merrier. Hopefully, this episode won't disappoint me like the first 3 episodes.
Jul 4, 2022 2:20 AM
Oct 2019
It's about the pre screening of the 4th episode at the Anime Expo.
mimimilk said:

Episode 4 was pretty amazing for me finally getting to see a new content

How do you like the design of the dream world? Does it look interesting?
Jul 4, 2022 2:33 AM
Feb 2021
Crunchyroll have now uploaded episode 1 by itself, looks like we're getting individual eps each week now so we should see episode 4 on 24/07/2022?
Jul 4, 2022 5:17 AM

May 2018
"RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 4 Discussion"

Wow, we have a time traveler here!
Jul 4, 2022 6:28 AM
Jul 2021
Just watched the first 3 episodes cause this post made me think the 4th one is out and they will release one episode every week. Now I hear the next episode is in like 20 days? That is gonna mess up the flow of the story.
Good job MAL for missinforming people.
Jul 4, 2022 8:41 AM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
wait episode 4 is out?
I thought we had to wait 3 weeks for episode 4

xZabuzax said:
I think I read somewhere that we needed to wait a couple of weeks for the next episode too, what the hell is going on?

Oh well, the more episodes the merrier. Hopefully, this episode won't disappoint me like the first 3 episodes.

hihlw said:
tf where to watch it?

False_Mirror said:
It's about the pre screening of the 4th episode at the Anime Expo.
mimimilk said:

Episode 4 was pretty amazing for me finally getting to see a new content

How do you like the design of the dream world? Does it look interesting?

alshu said:
"RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 4 Discussion"

Wow, we have a time traveler here!

There was a booth at AX with concept art and sketches of charchter designs and ep 4 was premeired as one of the main events there on July 3rd. During that event 3 canvis of the movie poster signed by everyone on the team was given out in a raffle as well. I don't want to spoil much but yes ep 4 branches off into a differerent story from the orignal, where rwby goes into Weiss dream to kill the nightmare that has possessed here, just like in ep 3 where they had to do the same for Jaune, but this time its not as simple as it was with Jaune.

https://imgur.com/a/2jDje2E
mimimilkJul 4, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 4, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2021
I'm assuming the remaining episodes will be about going on a journey and killing the nightmare grimm and everything just goes back to normal in the season finale.

RT not making this an alternate universe possibly means no season 2 or more.
Jul 4, 2022 3:43 PM

May 2021
mimimilk said:
Being in the same room as huke, and the ceo of good smile co and ceo of shaft and everyone else on the panel was pretty cool. Whats with huke's "covid facemask"? XD. I couldent get my eyes off him the entire panel hopeing it slips off accidently so I could get a glimps of his face.

Episode 4 was pretty amazing for me finally getting to see a new content episode and not recap like all of ep 1 and 2 and most of 3. But getting cut of with a fight scene cliffhanger really sucked. Don't know why most people are rating this show low, they did a amazing job adapting the orignal, yes they recapped a lot for ep 1-3 but thats kind of the point, this show is not a remake of the orignal my RT, but its own story. A remake with the orignal story, OST, and studio shaft animations would have been amazing tho ngl.

Ruby's wep now shoots backwards in the dream world for the rest of the season, I wonder how thats going to change her fighing style.

Did the pacing improve?

Jul 4, 2022 4:22 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
RioFS said:
Did the pacing improve?

Ep 1-3 were fast paced to refresh old viewers and catch up any new viewers as fast as possible. A little bit of the end of ep 3 and all of Ep 4 is different and does not follow any of the story from the original show by RT.

Jul 4, 2022 4:26 PM

May 2021
mimimilk said:
RioFS said:
Did the pacing improve?

Ep 1-3 were fast paced to refresh old viewers and catch up any new viewers as fast as possible. A little bit of the end of ep 3 and all of Ep 4 is different and does not follow any of the story from the original show by RT.

I know they were recaps but I just wanted to confirm. So the pacing improves, right? That's good.

Jul 4, 2022 4:29 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
RioFS said:
mimimilk said:

I know they were recaps but I just wanted to confirm. So the pacing improves, right? That's good.

Yes, in ep 4 ruby is shown in the dream world exploring until he makes it into the city Weiss finds her, and they fight but the fight scene gets cut off in the end with the outro leaving you on a cliffhanger.

Jul 4, 2022 8:54 PM
Aug 2021
I hope it's that good.
Jul 4, 2022 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
from what has been written no. looks like they played it early at the anime expo
Jul 4, 2022 11:24 PM
Mar 2021
mimimilk said:

Episode 4 was pretty amazing for me finally getting to see a new content episode and not recap like all of ep 1 and 2 and most of 3.

How was the animation? Was it good? Or sloppy like in EP 2?
Jul 5, 2022 1:55 AM
Nov 2016
If anyone never watched the OG RWBY before then they would probably not notice it that much but for people who watched the OG RWBY, the first 3 episodes were a rushed mess IMHO, by now everyone should know this already with all the complaints and criticisms around here.

But now that the introductions are over and we are getting new content, the pacing will hopefully improve.

I will keep my expectations moderately low though, having high expectations will only lead to disappointment if an anime doesn't reach those standards.
Jul 5, 2022 3:21 AM
Oct 2019
xZabuzax said:
If anyone never watched the OG RWBY before then they would probably not notice it that much but for people who watched the OG RWBY, the first 3 episodes were a rushed mess

If you can't notice it without prior knowledge, then it's not that rushed.
Jul 5, 2022 3:26 AM
Nov 2016
False_Mirror said:
xZabuzax said:
If anyone never watched the OG RWBY before then they would probably not notice it that much but for people who watched the OG RWBY, the first 3 episodes were a rushed mess

If you can't notice it without prior knowledge, then it's not that rushed.

Yeah, that's true, this is noticed the most for people with prior knowledge.

It's like having a manga adapted to an anime, people who read the manga can tell if the anime is rushing and skipping things, these 3 episodes gave me that same impression.
Jul 24, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
The actual lone canon-adjacent story starts here, given by the episode's title referencing the series's core premise.

At this juncture, through Nightmare Grimm's Shion Zaiden dream infiltration via Ruby to extract the Grimm from Weiss (the same way it was done for Jaune the last episode), it takes one to infiltrate a dream to understand what's going on in Weiss's mind: the imagery of the Schnee Company plastered as one that wants total eradication of the White Fang with total commitment, plus with Zaiden's coins that provide tracks gone before, but is limited to her Aura of coins.

Certainly, wandering through Weiss's Dust-laden mind world is tough for Ruby, encountering guards and the Seven Butlers trapping Team JNPR, plus how Weiss just conforms to the family's mission with her vampire bodyguard Whitley being a watchdog. But when Ruby encounters her, it's infamy of the most infamous kind, and convincing Weiss will never be enough, even if Ruby tried.

The pacing is improved, though it can still feel like this lone story is rushing through its paces.
Jul 24, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2011
When Weiss appeared, I asked myself "What in the hell, Esdeath is doing here?"

Now I'm just worried that the series will stay in this dream too much.
Jul 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
The only benefit that shaft still exists is that Ueda sometimes comes out of the basement and draw something.
WieczornyJul 24, 2022 9:04 AM
Jul 24, 2022 9:10 AM

Nov 2020
New content at last. Weiss looks good with the new outfit

Jul 24, 2022 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
Hajime Ueda's end card at the end was pretty nice. Will never get tired of his art.
Jul 24, 2022 9:36 AM

Oct 2017
Weiss having a cringe dream, her tastes are creepy. Ruby vs Weiss but Ruby's at a disadvantage since it's inside Weiss's dream.
Jul 24, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2021
This was a solid episode, at least compared to the previous ones. The pacing has improved and Ruby's exploration of Weiss' dream gives more depth to her character, even though we knew some of it, like her bias against the Faunus. Ruby VS Weiss' OST was pretty good as well.

OP/ED are ... fine, I guess.

Jul 24, 2022 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
Pacing has improved. character POVs are limited, more focus on Ruby and nothing feels noticeably rushed here.

How things are introduced are decently done.

I am concerned about the 3DCG models of the characters that I saw on the trailer. Hopefully it's not always there.
Jul 24, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2016
lol. This episode reminded me of Amazon. treats their workers like slaves.
Jul 24, 2022 10:47 AM

Feb 2019
I didn’t think I’d like this that much because of it being a western/American story but SHAFT have really given it some amazing flair. That weiss and Ruby fight scene was incredible. Hayamin as Ruby is such a perfect fit as well.

Loving the new ED as well
Jul 24, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was way better paced than episodes 1-3. Looks like we can finally focus on an original AU story, and I'm all for it. The dreamscape looks interesting and it looks like Ruby gets a lot of extra help with those coins. Love how the dude tells Ruby to not to use those coins so much and then she uses like eight of them this episode. That feels like a season 1-2 Ruby thing to do.

I did like how Weiss didn't remember Ruby's weapon accurately, she shoots from behind instead of in front, that's a really neat detail. I wish we saw more creativity and memory inaccuracies in the dreamscape. Heck I wish Ruby would have stopped using her semblance every five seconds so we could get a better idea on how Weiss sees others characters. Heck make them all visually look interesting, they're doing stuff with Whitley, and Klein. She sees Juane, Ren, and Nora as dummys, make them look stupid instead of meowing.

Well were probably going to see Yang and Blake enter the dreamworld next episode. Weiss is too powerful in her dreamscape, Ruby needs backup.
Jul 24, 2022 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
seriously the next eight episodes in Weiss's a reality marble to fight her racism and classism and that they discard everything from the previous 3 episodes, I would think that is good since the previous episodes were bad but the pacing and script are still atrocious wich.

It's immensely frustrating to the audience. Ruby wanders around, having the most basic and obvious symbolism hammered over her head, yet not a single bit of it penetrates her thick skull. Hell, she's in this oniric world literally because some monster is corrupting Weiss's heart, She reacts by forgetting literally everything and throwing a tantrum about not being friendly enough. None of the typical character stuff and friendship, as already hackneyed as it is is going to work when the characters themselves are this goddamned immature and oblivious.
Jul 24, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2018
I like Whitley being a bat and Willow being incomprehensible dunked mess...Weiss totally misjudging people is the lightmotive here.

RayReynolds said:

It's immensely frustrating to the audience. Ruby wanders around, having the most basic and obvious symbolism hammered over her head, yet not a single bit of it penetrates her thick skull.

It's a very Ruby thing to do tho.
Jul 24, 2022 2:04 PM

May 2021
great episode, finally the show started to get into the real stuff
Jul 24, 2022 2:54 PM

Jan 2020
This whole episode just screams 1984 lmao
Jul 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
BIG NICHOLAS

The OP is nice and all, but I just feel like it's not as RWBY as it could be (both in terms of visuals and song choice).
Jul 24, 2022 5:31 PM

Jun 2019
Marinate1016 said:
I didn’t think I’d like this that much because of it being a western/American story but SHAFT have really given it some amazing flair. That weiss and Ruby fight scene was incredible. Hayamin as Ruby is such a perfect fit as well.

Felt like there was a piece missing at the start I had to go back to episode 3 to make sure I was on track 😅
Jul 24, 2022 5:33 PM

Feb 2019
CielIsAWeeb said:
Marinate1016 said:

Felt like there was a piece missing at the start I had to go back to episode 3 to make sure I was on track 😅

Nah I legit felt the same way, how did they get in the dream world lmao
Jul 24, 2022 5:34 PM

Jun 2019
Marinate1016 said:
CielIsAWeeb said:

glad it wasn’t only me 😭😭😭
Jul 24, 2022 7:39 PM
Nov 2017
Thought the first 3 episodes were rather weak but I'm a sucker for stories about exploring surreal dreamscapes so if this keeps up I might actually end up liking this overall.
Jul 24, 2022 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
I didn’t understand what was going on at first when I saw Ruby in that world but then things started to click when Weiss was mentioned because we know she was possessed by a grimm.

I really like the OP theme, hopefully there are more good soundtracks to come. The battle seems average in my mind, Weiss looks a little bit like Esdeath (Akame ga Kill) when she puts on the coat and hat.
Jul 24, 2022 10:18 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Marinate1016 said:
CielIsAWeeb said:

Same way in EP 3 where team JNPR had to rescue Jaune, Shion Zaiden the nightmare hunter sends Ruby into Wiess dream with here spider web magic thingy.

Jul 24, 2022 11:02 PM

Feb 2021
Episode 4 is here and it marks the beginning of anime original story.

Now this feels like an anime done by Shaft; creepy, trippy, like the first time Ruby throws a coin and some kind of a parking meter shows up I was like 'whaaaaa' but all in all a good episode.

Interesting how Ruby has her weapon wrong because Weiss misremember what it looks like. Everything in that world is made up of what Weiss thinks of, believes in, and feels so the pressure and the distorted images she has on her friends are accurate and she doesn't even realize it. Now that's creepy.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 24, 2022 11:05 PM

Feb 2021
mimimilk said:
Marinate1016 said:

Same way in EP 3 where team JNPR had to rescue Jaune, Shion Zaiden the nightmare hunter sends Ruby into Wiess dream with here spider web magic thingy.
My only question is, why does Ruby have to go alone first when all of team JNPR entered together simultaneously?

Jul 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
RayReynolds said:
It's immensely frustrating to the audience. Ruby wanders around, having the most basic and obvious symbolism hammered over her head, yet not a single bit of it penetrates her thick skull. Hell, she's in this oniric world literally because some monster is corrupting Weiss's heart, She reacts by forgetting literally everything and throwing a tantrum about not being friendly enough. None of the typical character stuff and friendship, as already hackneyed as it is is going to work when the characters themselves are this goddamned immature and oblivious.
She's not all different in the original version too. At least that's what I think and I'm on volume 3.

Tbf Ruby is only 15.

Jul 24, 2022 11:10 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
mimimilk said:

My only question is, why does Ruby have to go alone first when all of team JNPR entered together simultaneously?

Maybe Zaiden does not have enough magic left and has not had enough time to recover from sending JNPR in before? Just a theory.

Jul 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Feb 2021
mimimilk said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

Maybe Zaiden does not have enough magic left and has not had enough time to recover from sending JNPR in before? Just a theory.
Yeah that's the first explanation I reached too and most convenient. Thought there might be something else but who knows.

Jul 25, 2022 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
Marinate1016 said:

Good stories are good stories, no matter where they come from.
Jul 25, 2022 7:22 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Ruby is after Weiss but she doesn't want to see her and Grimm Nightmare is managing to manipulate her very well so much that she decides to kill Ruby
Jul 25, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
Vindicater said:
Marinate1016 said:

Good stories are good stories, no matter where they come from.

For you, not for me.
Jul 25, 2022 3:38 PM

Sep 2017
So a fully original episode. I wonder if we'll get back to some of the OG plot points or if it will be entirely original from here on out. This episode was pretty cool anyway. Lots of interesting touches of how Weiss see's other people - though some of it may be a bit of the extreme negative side due to the grim thing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

104 by MABEL_APPLE »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.