Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2022 8:53 PM
Apr 2012
My Thoughts after the finale and my opinion on whether or not it will get a 4th season.

I Just saw the finale and watched past the credits for the epilogue.

It adapts almost everything from Book 7 (End of Part 2 overall in the series). A few scenes were shortened for time, but it's a good stopping point. However, whether it's getting a 4th season to adapt Book 8-12 (Part 3) is uncertain.

At first it said: "The story to be told is over....After that,"
Then after the epilogue scenes it ended with "To be continued."

Normally, I'd assume season 4, but I don't think its guaranteed. Announcement for 3rd season was a few months after Season 2 ended. Announcement for 2nd Season was right after 1st. Also several readers have mentioned there isn't a good stopping point after this, unless they want to adapt all of Part 3, 4 and the ongoing 5.

Regarding the manga, it might be worth seeing what scenes were left out of the anime once Suzuka finishes drawing Part 2. And for anyone looking into the manga, be advised this is a multi-arc adaptation situation where multiple artists are adapting various arcs simultaneously. That's why they are separate entries and are labelled as Part 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to correspond to the same Parts in the novels. Suzuka draws Part 1 and 2. Ryo Namino draws Part 3. Hikaru Katsuki draws Part 4. And they'll probably get someone new for Part 5, unless one of the other artists is available and wants to come back.

Back to the 3rd Season Anime my conclusion is this:
The studio is 1) leaving the option for them to continue this project if they get enough funding and 2) telling fans this story isn't over, so go read the novels/manga to keep supporting the author, studio and franchise.

That's fine by me. This is the best, complex, non-violent fantasy anime since Spice and Wolf which is getting a continuation in the near future. A good sign of more series like this being given a chance. Especially since Bookworm's charm is its identity as a de-power fantasy iseakai, a political drama that is easy to understand, and a charming look at the history of bookmaking and publishing, but with a fantasy twist. I'm sticking with this franchise for Part 3, 4, 5 and afterwards. I hope you all do as well.

Regards My Fellow Bookworms.
Jun 13, 2022 8:59 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
OmenAppreciator said:
I DIDN'T REALIZE SEASON 3 IS 10 EPISODES. I watched the end thinking, it will be interesting seeing myne's first few days in the noble society, and how her family reacts to being separated, but than it said "The story to be told is over", I started panicking, I open up the MAL page in a hurry, and I see it is in fact only 10 episodes! As tears leave my eyes I start googeling, could this mean the manga has also ended? While the result does allow me a moment of relief, it is quickly replaced by this bittersweet feeling, that there is hope, but only in the distant future.

There was an after credit scene, if you didn't see it.
Jun 13, 2022 9:10 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
el_morris said:
And with that, the story of Myne is over. Man, I'm kinda want to jump to the novels, what chapter should I pick up? Someone here knows?

You can start reading the LN at Part 2 Volume 4 (which was the covered this season), then go onto Part 3 Volume 1 and continues post-anime. Although, there so much content they condensed or skipped entirely throughout these 3 seasons that it may be worth it to read from the very beginning.
ChaduosJun 13, 2022 9:13 PM
Jun 13, 2022 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
That was lovely and were dangerously heartbreaking. I didn't think Myne or Rozemyne could do that kind of prayer as a farewell gift.
That end card of "The Story to be told is finished/over" was really nice.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 13, 2022 10:27 PM

Jul 2016
i'm really sad that myne won't be able to spend time with her family as family anymore... the ending was really bittersweet and lowkey upsets me
Jun 13, 2022 11:00 PM

Apr 2009
Whoa, Sylvester is the lord himself! I had my initial suspicion then that he might be an upper noble at least but I didn't expect he was that high, as the lord of the domain itself...uhmm the Archduke I think, at least that what the sub I've watched in Season 2 said. The high priest and head priest are his uncle and younger half-brother, respectively. I couldn't care much about his old, fat uncle but I had speculated back in Season 2 (as per MAL's labeling of this anime seasons) that Ferdinand was either the Archduke or a relative of his which turns out to be the latter.

Damn it, I teared up a bit of their parting so I'm not gonna lie about it. Heck I was expecting her tears to fall on the floor when she bowed at their backs, and I wasn't disappointed. *sniff, sniff* And they really buried her, grave and all that.

8/10 I was saddened by "The story to be told is over." title card near the end but pulled back from despair with "...After that," and "to be continued.." at the very end.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 13, 2022 11:47 PM
May 2022
I cannot wait for the new season. myne has come so far and she has developed into a very lovable isekai character. I love her mix of being mature but also her childlike wonder.
Jun 14, 2022 12:46 AM
Sep 2008
The weakest season so far specially with the powerups, the Myne avatar state and when the nobme says 'normaly I should dissapear your family but I wont'
Jun 14, 2022 1:03 AM

May 2012
Well this was an incredibly disappointing episode. The pointless and often nonsensical changes they made completely undermined the actual impact of Myne becoming Rozemyne. Whenever I reread part 2 volume 4 I always have to take a break in the middle of that meeting with her family after the battle against Bindewald and Bezewanst but here it just didn't have any emotional impact at all. In the novel this is one of two points in the entire story that we ever see Gunther cry, with the other being a point where Myne accidentally sees him at the dining room table crying after everyone has gone to sleep around the time that Myne decides not to sign with a noble to not die from the Devouring. In this scene in the novel, however, he is openly crying and quite distraught. But the anime makes this scene weirdly upbeat in comparison for some moronic reason when it's supposed to be quite sad.

There were also a number of nonsensical adaptation changes such as Bezewanst's crocodile tears because they apparently felt the need to make him seem even more pathetic than he already was. They also completely left out all mention of Veronica, Sylvester's mother and Bezwanst's sister, who was charged with treason for her role in all of this. The falsified papers Bindewald used to enter the city were made by her using Sylvester's official seal while he and Karstedt were attending the Archduke Conference outside the duchy. (The reason it took them so long to get back to Ehrenfest was because they were literally halfway across the country when Myne activated the pendant.) Basically the entire scene with Sylvester discussing Bindewald and Bezewanst's crimes was shortened massively, including where Myne was given the opportunity to turn Bindewald's accusations around on him with him pretty much visibly shitting himself when he realizes just how deep in trouble he is.

There's also other pointless attempts to make things seem less dark than they are. In addition to Delia going into Myne's Shield of Shutzaria while Ferdinand is dueling Bindewald, she actually allows three of Bezewanst's other attendants in. They ask her if she would allow them in since she allowed Delia and she responds with "if you can enter it then sure." Two of them safely get in but the third is launched away from it by the wind to the shock of her and Bezwanst's other retainers. Myne explains that she had malicious intent towards her and then she's vaporized by Ferdinand's duel with Bindewald.

The choice to leave Damuel less injured and conscious after his fight with Bindewald also turned out to have some really weird results since during Myne's final blessing they showed him asleep in a random bed and Freida was there. Which makes zero sense since the last time we saw him, he was conscious and in the temple with Myne and the others. In the novel, he's knocked unconscious and badly injured by Bindewald. After they arrive, the Knights Order takes him to his older brother Henrik's estate since it's close to the temple. Henrik is the noble that Freida is signed with and happened to be there when he was brought in and happened to be in the room when Myne's blessing healed him. Which itself was kinda hilarious because rather than simply waking up, he scared the crap out of Freida and the servant who was present by suddenly jumping up and drawing his wand since his last conscious memory was being in the middle of combat.

It also glosses over and doesn't really communicate some other things. For example, Myne's final blessing is shown in a way that it appears to include Karstedt and Sylvester. This was not the case however. It affected Myne's immediate family, Fran, Dirk, Damuel, Ferdinand, Benno, Mark, and Lutz. And later on when talking to Ferdinand Sylvester expresses surprise at her managing to give the blessing she did because a blessing from all the God of Darkness, Goddess of Light, and all of the Eternal Five is pretty much guaranteed to fail due to the relationship Ewigliebe has with the other gods. So this blessing was actually a big deal. Neither Sylvester, Karstedt, nor Ferdinand knew of anyone having succeeded at such a blessing.

They also didn't address Arno at all. He's actually been interfering in subtle ways since Fran first became Myne's attendant due to his dislike of Fran. Before Ferdinand came to the temple, the orphanage director was a woman named Margaret. She sexually abused some of the male orphans, of which Fran was one. (Arno on the other hand was not and he was jealous of Fran.) At some point she got pregnant from one of them and was barred from re-entering noble society so she committed suicide. When he heard Fran express relief at this, Arno ended up with a serious grudge against Fran and started doing anything he could to cause problems for Fran without it being so obvious he got in trouble for it. His suggestion of Myne becoming orphanage director and using those chambers as her own, for example? If you pay close attention in the anime you'll see that Fran has a somewhat subtle but noticeably negative expression when that happens. Arno did this on purpose to torment Fran since he knew Fran didn't want to go back there since that's where Margaret abused him. A more subtle one would be when Myne encounters Bezewanst on the way to the Dedication Ceremony. In the novel, Ferdinand actually comments that she arrived earlier than expected. This is not long after Fran had requested Arno slow down because he was walking too quickly for Myne to keep up. These two events combined with the later revelations on Arno's actions are meant to communicate that he'll even cause issues for Myne if it causes Fran distress. This was also the case when he told Fran that Ferdinand was absent. In reality, Arno was aware that if Fran showed up that Ferdinand would want to be notified of this. He chose not to do so though to cause Fran issues. Which directly led into the encounter between Myne's group and Bezewanst's group. As a result of all of this, when Ferdinand pieced things together, he had Arno executed.

One final thing that wasn't communicated at all in the adaptation is that Ferdinand and Sylvester both actually felt quite awful about having to tear Myne from her family like they did. Instead the adaptation makes them come across as far more unfeeling than they are. Well okay, maybe not so much in the case of Ferdinand who is extremely good at masking his feelings but definitely in the case of Sylvester. Not only did Sylvester end up tearing apart Myne's family but he also sentenced his uncle to death and his own mother to life imprisonment so he genuinely felt utterly awful about the entire situation.

To be honest, this entire season's terrible quality ended up coming across like the studio just really doesn't want to bother with it anymore. Even if they do make a fourth season I'm not sure that I'll even bother watching it because it was really just that awful. The first two seasons had issues but were overall quite good adaptations. This one was atrocious to put it politely. And their insistence on glossing over the darker parts of the Bookworm world is going to really put them in a bind. What should be the season finale of a fourth season is simply not something they can actually gloss over. so their options are to gloss over it anyways and cause issues for the adaptation's future or don't gloss over it and get panned for a massive and very sudden mood whiplash.
Jun 14, 2022 2:32 AM

Nov 2012
Another great season for Myne, now Rozemyne! I love this show!

But I'm hella mad about the battle adaptation! They really fucked it up bad, real bad, we missed a lot of details, freaking sad.

My Candies:

Jun 14, 2022 4:07 AM

Feb 2014
When they revealed that Sylvestre is the Lord I was like "How is his domain surviving with him leading it?" and then I realized Ferdinand is his brother and does the hardwork. LOL!

It's a bittersweet ending especially Myne's family, since from the beginning we've seen and known them as Myne's parents but now that Myne has been adopted by the Lord they are now to be not associated with Myne. I assume they can still talk to Myne if they meet but they will address her as the Lord's daughter instead. That's pretty painfull.

Commoner Myne's story has come to an end and now starts Archenoble Rozemyne story. I do hope we get a 4th season to continue on.
Jun 14, 2022 4:07 AM
May 2021
The whole build up of 35 episodes was destroyed in just 2 episodes I don't like last 2 episodes as they didn't feel engaging still a great story I loved it since the very first episode. My only disappointment is the adaptation of last 2 episodes and can't wait for the next season.
Jun 14, 2022 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
KANLen09 said:
At least Delia got spared by going back to the dreaded orphanage[/b]

I think, basically that was not a punishment to Delia.
situation at orphanage already totally changed unlike the past where it gave PTSD to Delia.

lucky her Myne exercised her power as a noble to spared her...
Myne helped her multiple times, yet she acted like a insufferable bitch....

---

TheRockzSG said:
Swagernator said:
What a way how to trick someone, lol.

I get it that everything ends well in the end ... i guess, right ? At least for the time being. Now, i really don't know with this series, you see the first season was nice and the characters are colorful and likable, but very soon the strongest point of this show, its pace, also becomes the biggest issue.

It just takes years for any kind of progress in the story, and so everything around our main heroine kinda feels a bit meh. Also, there is something incredibly cute about Myne whenever she's in her mini Chernobyle mode.

Being a slow pace isekai is part of the charm of this show imo. As the show have more time to develop it stories and its characters.

I read the manga for part 1 and part 2.
and it was and it is slower than anime.

and I love it. far more details and nuances compared to anime, and I imagine LN would be far more packed with details.
Should I give LN a try? hahaha

---

Xayahnatix1 said:
Honestly, this season would be the best season if it was adapted properly / it had atleast 12 episodes. Also the director of this anime tweeted (already deleted) that they had to fight for 10 episodes because the productions staff insisted 8 episodes.

wow, no wonder it lost lots of details...

---

kurizu said:

- Delia story was simplified (we see slaves leaving through door then Jenny and Delia, but in LN those slaves were desintegrated and Sylvester said that ALL High Bishop attendantes were to be executed together, that makes Myne promise with Delia little more relevant, also her punishment was little lighter at first but Sylvester kind of forced Myne to be more strict.)

Hi, may i ask some question if you dont mind.

1) when you said "desintegrated ", did you meant like thanos's snap? became dust?
2) "Myne promise with Delia" referring to Myne promise to rescue her right?

---

KanameYuuki said:

I do feel bad about Jenni, she didn't get that once in a lifetime chance like the rest and had to keep doing the Flower offering and huh, well for anyone wondering what happened to her read the wiki entry, what a fate.

https://ascendance-of-a-bookworm.fandom.com/wiki/Jenni

ouh danm...that's suck. hahahaha

---

el_morris said:
And with that, the story of Myne is over. Man, I'm kinda want to jump to the novels, what chapter should I pick up? Someone here knows?

me too lad, hahaha

Jun 14, 2022 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
is it just me or the bomb they droopped about Sylvester is a lord, and a brother to Ferdinand was a little be out of nowhere?

because, early introduction in anime Sylvester and Ferdinand interaction seem very casual. like a peer not like a lord with his retainer.

or i missed the nuances in anime?
since, the manga did not reach this part yet
Jun 14, 2022 4:58 AM

Dec 2021
shuffle_017 said:
KANLen09 said:
At least Delia got spared by going back to the dreaded orphanage[/b]

I think, basically that was not a punishment to Delia.
situation at orphanage already totally changed unlike the past where it gave PTSD to Delia.

lucky her Myne exercised her power as a noble to spared her...
Myne helped her multiple times, yet she acted like a insufferable bitch....

---

TheRockzSG said:

Being a slow pace isekai is part of the charm of this show imo. As the show have more time to develop it stories and its characters.

I read the manga for part 1 and part 2.
and it was and it is slower than anime.

and I love it. far more details and nuances compared to anime, and I imagine LN would be far more packed with details.
Should I give LN a try? hahaha

---

Xayahnatix1 said:
Honestly, this season would be the best season if it was adapted properly / it had atleast 12 episodes. Also the director of this anime tweeted (already deleted) that they had to fight for 10 episodes because the productions staff insisted 8 episodes.

wow, no wonder it lost lots of details...

---

kurizu said:

- Delia story was simplified (we see slaves leaving through door then Jenny and Delia, but in LN those slaves were desintegrated and Sylvester said that ALL High Bishop attendantes were to be executed together, that makes Myne promise with Delia little more relevant, also her punishment was little lighter at first but Sylvester kind of forced Myne to be more strict.)

1) when you said "desintegrated ", did you meant like thanos's snap? became dust?

---

KanameYuuki said:

I do feel bad about Jenni, she didn't get that once in a lifetime chance like the rest and had to keep doing the Flower offering and huh, well for anyone wondering what happened to her read the wiki entry, what a fate.

https://ascendance-of-a-bookworm.fandom.com/wiki/Jenni

ouh danm...that's suck. hahahaha

---

el_morris said:

me too lad, hahaha

I have not read the manga so I am not sure, but the LN definitely is more detailed than the anime. The Anime also cut a decent chunk of content (Especially Season 3).

If you want to read the LN, I will strongly recommend you to start from the beginning. It might look scary but it will be worth it. Trust me

As for Delia’s punishment. I feel that it is a suitable punishment for her.
She mentioned that she want to be a mistress, and she hates the orphanage (possibly due to past trauma). So confining her in the orphanage and not allowing her to leave crushes her dream of being a mistress while forcing her back to the place she hates.
I think Myne do not want to separate Delia and Dirk. Delia view Dirk as her little brother. She understand how it feels to get separated from someone you love (Especially when Myne just got forced to separate from her family). So in my opinion, this punishment is the best possible punishment that Myne can give to Delia.
TheRockzSGJun 14, 2022 5:05 AM
Jun 14, 2022 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
TheRockzSG said:

I have not read the manga so I am not sure, but the LN definitely is more detailed than the anime. The Anime also cut a decent chunk of content (Especially Season 3).

If you want to read the LN, I will strongly recommend you to start from the beginning. It might look scary but it will be worth it. Trust me

As for Delia’s punishment. I feel that it is a suitable punishment for her.
She mentioned that she want to be a mistress, and she hates the orphanage (possibly due to past trauma). So confining her in the orphanage and not allowing her to leave crushes her dream of being a mistress while forcing her back to the place she hates.
I think Myne do not want to separate Delia and Dirk. Delia view Dirk as her little brother. She understand how it feels to get separated from someone you love (Especially when Myne just got forced to separate from her family). So in my opinion, this punishment is the best possible punishment that Myne can give to Delia.

i see... that is a huge chuck of exposition gone.
damn.

dont worry, it is my habits to read everything from beginning despite already know the main plot. i love to read from beginning so i could get the nuances not adapted in manga/anime.

thanks bro!
Jun 14, 2022 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
This being the last episode was completely unexpected for me, but it was a perfect way to end the season.
I really enjoyed the last episode and how this show manages to put so much feels into the characters and dialogue and how a magic battle could feel really intense without a ton of special effects.
Reading Alice3173's comment above, I can tell that the source material is even deeper and that the anime skipped a lot of things, but as an animeonly watcher I think they did an excellent job with the pacing and I didn't feel like the animation quality dropped a lot at all.

Very wholesome and unique show, definitely one of the best fantasy shows out there imo.
Jun 14, 2022 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
god damnn holy shiett !!
the ending of this series so fucking awesome and heartwarming !!

9/10
Jun 14, 2022 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
Somewhere in between this season and the previous season, the show just really became dull. Thankfully these last 2 episodes brought the show back up but sadly, at the same time they're also the last episodes of the season. Hopefully the wait for the next season won't be too long.
Jun 14, 2022 9:50 AM

Aug 2021
It ended and with a sad farewell for Myne, it is never again her family and as daughter of the feudal lord they have a lot of work and new responsibilities and experiences will come, it was good this season, let's see if there will be another one...
Jun 14, 2022 10:00 AM
Mar 2021
Wait a minute…this whole story was a prologue?!
Jun 14, 2022 10:25 AM

Dec 2021
Paul said:
Somewhere in between this season and the previous season, the show just really became dull. Thankfully these last 2 episodes brought the show back up but sadly, at the same time they're also the last episodes of the season. Hopefully the wait for the next season won't be too long.

The 2nd half of this season is used to build up the idea that Myne is in danger and need someone with higher authority to protect her. Thats why it may seems dull.

If this anime get a 4th season, everything will get very interesting again.
Jun 14, 2022 10:32 AM
Dec 2019
Im so sad that Myne has to lose her family. At least she can keep them safe now and she'll be able to make her dream come true for anyone to be able to read a book.
Jun 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
Alice3173 said:
Well this was an incredibly disappointing episode. The pointless and often nonsensical changes they made completely undermined the actual impact of Myne becoming Rozemyne. Whenever I reread part 2 volume 4 I always have to take a break in the middle of that meeting with her family after the battle against Bindewald and Bezewanst but here it just didn't have any emotional impact at all. In the novel this is one of two points in the entire story that we ever see Gunther cry, with the other being a point where Myne accidentally sees him at the dining room table crying after everyone has gone to sleep around the time that Myne decides not to sign with a noble to not die from the Devouring. In this scene in the novel, however, he is openly crying and quite distraught. But the anime makes this scene weirdly upbeat in comparison for some moronic reason when it's supposed to be quite sad.

There were also a number of nonsensical adaptation changes such as Bezewanst's crocodile tears because they apparently felt the need to make him seem even more pathetic than he already was. They also completely left out all mention of Veronica, Sylvester's mother and Bezwanst's sister, who was charged with treason for her role in all of this. The falsified papers Bindewald used to enter the city were made by her using Sylvester's official seal while he and Karstedt were attending the Archduke Conference outside the duchy. (The reason it took them so long to get back to Ehrenfest was because they were literally halfway across the country when Myne activated the pendant.) Basically the entire scene with Sylvester discussing Bindewald and Bezewanst's crimes was shortened massively, including where Myne was given the opportunity to turn Bindewald's accusations around on him with him pretty much visibly shitting himself when he realizes just how deep in trouble he is.

There's also other pointless attempts to make things seem less dark than they are. In addition to Delia going into Myne's Shield of Shutzaria while Ferdinand is dueling Bindewald, she actually allows three of Bezewanst's other attendants in. They ask her if she would allow them in since she allowed Delia and she responds with "if you can enter it then sure." Two of them safely get in but the third is launched away from it by the wind to the shock of her and Bezwanst's other retainers. Myne explains that she had malicious intent towards her and then she's vaporized by Ferdinand's duel with Bindewald.

The choice to leave Damuel less injured and conscious after his fight with Bindewald also turned out to have some really weird results since during Myne's final blessing they showed him asleep in a random bed and Freida was there. Which makes zero sense since the last time we saw him, he was conscious and in the temple with Myne and the others. In the novel, he's knocked unconscious and badly injured by Bindewald. After they arrive, the Knights Order takes him to his older brother Henrik's estate since it's close to the temple. Henrik is the noble that Freida is signed with and happened to be there when he was brought in and happened to be in the room when Myne's blessing healed him. Which itself was kinda hilarious because rather than simply waking up, he scared the crap out of Freida and the servant who was present by suddenly jumping up and drawing his wand since his last conscious memory was being in the middle of combat.

It also glosses over and doesn't really communicate some other things. For example, Myne's final blessing is shown in a way that it appears to include Karstedt and Sylvester. This was not the case however. It affected Myne's immediate family, Fran, Dirk, Damuel, Ferdinand, Benno, Mark, and Lutz. And later on when talking to Ferdinand Sylvester expresses surprise at her managing to give the blessing she did because a blessing from all the God of Darkness, Goddess of Light, and all of the Eternal Five is pretty much guaranteed to fail due to the relationship Ewigliebe has with the other gods. So this blessing was actually a big deal. Neither Sylvester, Karstedt, nor Ferdinand knew of anyone having succeeded at such a blessing.

They also didn't address Arno at all. He's actually been interfering in subtle ways since Fran first became Myne's attendant due to his dislike of Fran. Before Ferdinand came to the temple, the orphanage director was a woman named Margaret. She sexually abused some of the male orphans, of which Fran was one. (Arno on the other hand was not and he was jealous of Fran.) At some point she got pregnant from one of them and was barred from re-entering noble society so she committed suicide. When he heard Fran express relief at this, Arno ended up with a serious grudge against Fran and started doing anything he could to cause problems for Fran without it being so obvious he got in trouble for it. His suggestion of Myne becoming orphanage director and using those chambers as her own, for example? If you pay close attention in the anime you'll see that Fran has a somewhat subtle but noticeably negative expression when that happens. Arno did this on purpose to torment Fran since he knew Fran didn't want to go back there since that's where Margaret abused him. A more subtle one would be when Myne encounters Bezewanst on the way to the Dedication Ceremony. In the novel, Ferdinand actually comments that she arrived earlier than expected. This is not long after Fran had requested Arno slow down because he was walking too quickly for Myne to keep up. These two events combined with the later revelations on Arno's actions are meant to communicate that he'll even cause issues for Myne if it causes Fran distress. This was also the case when he told Fran that Ferdinand was absent. In reality, Arno was aware that if Fran showed up that Ferdinand would want to be notified of this. He chose not to do so though to cause Fran issues. Which directly led into the encounter between Myne's group and Bezewanst's group. As a result of all of this, when Ferdinand pieced things together, he had Arno executed.

One final thing that wasn't communicated at all in the adaptation is that Ferdinand and Sylvester both actually felt quite awful about having to tear Myne from her family like they did. Instead the adaptation makes them come across as far more unfeeling than they are. Well okay, maybe not so much in the case of Ferdinand who is extremely good at masking his feelings but definitely in the case of Sylvester. Not only did Sylvester end up tearing apart Myne's family but he also sentenced his uncle to death and his own mother to life imprisonment so he genuinely felt utterly awful about the entire situation.

To be honest, this entire season's terrible quality ended up coming across like the studio just really doesn't want to bother with it anymore. Even if they do make a fourth season I'm not sure that I'll even bother watching it because it was really just that awful. The first two seasons had issues but were overall quite good adaptations. This one was atrocious to put it politely. And their insistence on glossing over the darker parts of the Bookworm world is going to really put them in a bind. What should be the season finale of a fourth season is simply not something they can actually gloss over. so their options are to gloss over it anyways and cause issues for the adaptation's future or don't gloss over it and get panned for a massive and very sudden mood whiplash.

Thank you for this information even if IDK if this accurate or not. Thanks~
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 14, 2022 10:58 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
KaitoKumatsu said:

If you factor in the entire story (all of the LN), yes, these 3 seasons were essentially only the beginning of the story.
Jun 14, 2022 10:59 AM
Aug 2019
NirvashX1 said:
god damnn holy shiett !!
the ending of this series so fucking awesome and heartwarming !!

9/10

Hell yeah man! I’m right there with you lol
Jun 14, 2022 11:14 AM
Aug 2019
Alice3173 said:

I do like all this detail and would have appreciated it in the anime. However, I think you should try considering the perspective of those adapting the material. Like why might they chose to make this show more kid-friendly? Or why couldn’t they adapt it with additional detail?

There’s almost certainly bound to be a reason. If you can figure it out, then maybe you can justify your anger. But it may also be that it wasn’t doable to make your ideal version of an anime adaptation.
Jun 14, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2008
shuffle_017 said:

1) Yeah, he even commented to Myne something like "This is how you should remove evidence"
2) Yeah.

I am sad how much was cut but at the same time, I can imagine that LN contains so much content that if they would want to make it 1:1, they would need like 39 or 52 eps for just Part 2... Instead they cut here and there fitting it in 22 eps :(

めくるめくるめくるめくるめく日々

巡る(meguru) not めくる(mekuru)

:)
Jun 14, 2022 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
I wasn't expecting to cry in this finale but here we are. I always loved Myne and her family's dynamic, it was so sad to see her having to say goodbye to them.

Hoping to see a S4 announcement soon!
Jun 14, 2022 3:27 PM

Aug 2016
Episode 10 was a great season finale. So many tears this episode I had to add my own. This season felt slower than the previous ones, but the last two episodes were 10/10. I was expecting Sylvester to be a high ranking noble, but not him to be the lord. I also thought he would be the younger brother not the older one. Serious Sylvester showed up and issued punishment like a boss. I'm so glad Uncle Evil Church Santa was sentenced to death.

I hope we get a season 4.
Jun 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
kurizu said:
shuffle_017 said:

1) Yeah, he even commented to Myne something like "This is how you should remove evidence"
2) Yeah.

I am sad how much was cut but at the same time, I can imagine that LN contains so much content that if they would want to make it 1:1, they would need like 39 or 52 eps for just Part 2... Instead they cut here and there fitting it in 22 eps :(

1) damn. hahaha.
read the wiki thread about her. now I know how it happened. hahaha

2) noted.

damn, i think I should read LN.
i'll wait manga for part 2 finished translated/adapted first to see if details like this missing or not.

if not adapter as well, maybe go LN. hahaha
Jun 14, 2022 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
And this is it :'(
An outstanding episode after another, Honzuki really is beautiful
The farewell scene was so sad. Our girl really grew up & loves/is loved by everyone
Bittersweet but loved it. Hoping to see more of it soon. 9/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 14, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2008
Myne is now dead. I hope they will make next season.

So far this anime is really good at showing on how doing what you like will impact other people lives and the repercussions that follow after that.
Jun 14, 2022 6:07 PM

May 2012
shuffle_017 said:
is it just me or the bomb they droopped about Sylvester is a lord, and a brother to Ferdinand was a little be out of nowhere?

because, early introduction in anime Sylvester and Ferdinand interaction seem very casual. like a peer not like a lord with his retainer.

It's actually a little strange that you'd observe this with Ferdinand and not with Karstedt who isn't even Sylvester's younger brother. (He's actually Sylvester's and Ferdinand's cousin.) That said, the novel actually addresses both cases. Those casual interactions were explicitly private interactions and not public ones so they dropped the difference in station.
KaitoKumatsu said:

Yes, actually. Season 1 was basically the prologue for the prologue while seasons 2/3 are the prologue itself. We're only just finally starting the actual story and each full part from here only gets even more out of hand.
ghier said:
Alice3173 said:
-snipped to save space-

I do like all this detail and would have appreciated it in the anime. However, I think you should try considering the perspective of those adapting the material. Like why might they chose to make this show more kid-friendly? Or why couldn’t they adapt it with additional detail?

There’s almost certainly bound to be a reason. If you can figure it out, then maybe you can justify your anger. But it may also be that it wasn’t doable to make your ideal version of an anime adaptation.

The issue is that they're changing things in ways that are fundamentally incompatible with the story being told. As I mentioned in that post, the upcoming Hasse deal which will probably be the climax of next season is something that they physically cannot whitewash the way they've been doing. It was explicitly one of the darkest parts of the entire story so far and was so dark for an actual reason. Specifically it was to communicate how little nobles in general value life compared to Rozemyne and just how different this society's values are from our own. As I mentioned in that post, if they do try to whitewash Hasse then it will have the side effect of completely changing things and if they don't whitewash it then it will feel like a huge tonal whiplash. They've effectively painted themselves into a corner here where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't explicitly because they have been changing things so much this entire time.
Jun 14, 2022 7:15 PM

Oct 2015
Silverster really helped Main with the high priest and the noble, but I didn't like how he completely separated her from her family. The scene was emotional for me, especially whe she had to watch their backs.

To be honest this wasn't the best season, the previous seasons were far better. This one didn't feel like the pace was woven properly. Other characters were not given enough screentime (probably because it's short), and plot was outright a little shaky. Bit of it got a little interesting at the end.
lihle808Jun 14, 2022 7:18 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 14, 2022 7:24 PM

Dec 2021
shuffle_017 said:
kurizu said:

2) Yeah.

1) damn. hahaha.
read the wiki thread about her. now I know how it happened. hahaha

2) noted.

damn, i think I should read LN.
i'll wait manga for part 2 finished translated/adapted first to see if details like this missing or not.

if not adapter as well, maybe go LN. hahaha

Spoiler from LN about being ‘disintegrated’

Myne promise Delia that she will not separate Delia from Dirk. So preventing her execution and assigning the job of taking Dirk to Delia effectively keep that promise.
TheRockzSGJun 14, 2022 7:31 PM
Jun 14, 2022 8:59 PM
Oct 2012
Alice3173 said:

True this. Had I watched this before reading the novel I would have rated this 9/10 like the other seasons (which I did watch before getting into the novels).. but after reading the source material I can no longer have as much enjoyment as I did on the previous seasons, knowing a lot of details went missing. Still enjoyed more than most show this year though so theres that.

Also still hoping more. Really looking forward to noble family arc and magic academy arc getting animated.
Jun 14, 2022 11:08 PM

Feb 2021
It was really sad when Main can't be with her family again... I thought that there are still more episodes for this season but sadly it is the last when I checked it on MyAnimeList. In after credit, it is shown that there will be Season 4 where Main as Rozemyne.

Thank you to all who participate in making this anime! I really love this anime so much!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 15, 2022 3:14 AM

Jul 2013
TheRockzSG said:

Myne promise Delia that she will not separate Delia from Dirk. So preventing her execution and assigning the job of taking Dirk to Delia effectively keep that promise.

i see...thank you for more details explanation bro!
appreciate it
Jun 15, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2008
This whole season was showing us that Myne's life was bound to be doomed and that was what happened for the most part.
Silverster's protection necklace was actually a trick, I guess being an ass runs in the family.

Roesmyne at least is under better guidance (Ferdinand has been an ass most of the time) and protection now,
but she and her family paid a high price. At least they weren't murdered after the forced adoption.

And death penality for High Priest (perhaps) this is drastic, but so deserved.

This season was too short and had a lack of happy moments overall.
Myne is so cool when chanting her spells.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2019
Fabienne said:
This whole season was showing us that Myne's life was bound to be doomed and that was what happened for the most part.
Silverster's protection necklace was actually a trick, I guess being an ass runs in the family.

RIP to all anine-only people who didn't read the source and hating on Sylvester for absolutely no reason. If these people only what's his internal thoughts when Myne is casting her blessings
Jun 15, 2022 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
OMG so emotional!! next season please!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2021
Xayahnatix1 said:
Fabienne said:

RIP to all anine-only people who didn't read the source and hating on Sylvester for absolutely no reason. If these people only what's his internal thoughts when Myne is casting her blessings

The anime did not cast Sylvester in the best of light. The anime just show Sylvester as someone is immature and will focus his way through using his authority.
Jun 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2021
shuffle_017 said:
TheRockzSG said:

appreciate it

No problem. I’m glad you like these explantation
Jun 15, 2022 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
Our little gril left home and family behind
Jun 15, 2022 4:05 PM
Aug 2018
shuffle_017 said:

naw I called it the moment I saw him
Jun 15, 2022 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
NotAVampyre said:
shuffle_017 said:

but, how?
because they way they were interacting ( including myne & Karstedt ) seem not like interacting with a lord.

not to mention, even Damuel didnt treated him like a lord. just like a normal noble.

and, not to mention Sylvester's demeanor lacked poise of a lord from the beginning. hahahaha
did he goes to church in incognito?
Jun 15, 2022 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
TheRockzSG said:
shuffle_017 said:

appreciate it

No problem. I’m glad you like these explantation

far more details from wiki thread i read yesterday about her disintegration. hahaha
thanks LN reader!
Jun 15, 2022 4:22 PM
Aug 2019
Alice3173 said:
ghier said:

The issue is that they're changing things in ways that are fundamentally incompatible with the story being told. As I mentioned in that post, the upcoming Hasse deal which will probably be the climax of next season is something that they physically cannot whitewash the way they've been doing. It was explicitly one of the darkest parts of the entire story so far and was so dark for an actual reason. Specifically it was to communicate how little nobles in general value life compared to Rozemyne and just how different this society's values are from our own. As I mentioned in that post, if they do try to whitewash Hasse then it will have the side effect of completely changing things and if they don't whitewash it then it will feel like a huge tonal whiplash. They've effectively painted themselves into a corner here where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't explicitly because they have been changing things so much this entire time.

I’d say your wrong in suggesting that this idea — that values are different in this society — hasn’t already been conveyed. I think everyone who just watched the show gets that nobles often don’t give a crap about the lives of others. That point still gets across. The show just removed the brutality that would usually come with it. People die, and the audience is informed of life and death consequences multiple times, but the adaptation chooses not to show it specifically onscreen for whatever reason (probably a massive underage audience to take a guess). I would certainly appreciate it if they chose to change that, but I don’t mind that they didn’t here specifically. I’ll withhold my judgement as to whether it works later down the line for when they actually make another season.
Jun 15, 2022 6:30 PM

May 2012
shuffle_017 said:
NotAVampyre said:

but, how?
because they way they were interacting ( including myne & Karstedt ) seem not like interacting with a lord.

not to mention, even Damuel didnt treated him like a lord. just like a normal noble.

and, not to mention Sylvester's demeanor lacked poise of a lord from the beginning. hahahaha
did he goes to church in incognito?

Actually even the anime adapted Damuel's reaction to Sylvester fine. He's clearly apprehensive about dealing with Sylvester but he can't actually express this due to the fact that Sylvester is there in disguise to see Myne for himself. It's definitely communicated more clearly in the novel but that's because it's stated in text rather than visuals which are more subtle.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Unpopular Opinion

Animorphimagi - Jun 14, 2022

14 by KakaTamaki »»
Mar 26, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2022

91 by Kvistis »»
Feb 29, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2022

55 by Kvistis »»
Feb 25, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2022

60 by Kvistis »»
Feb 23, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2022

46 by Chamon6364 »»
Feb 18, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.