Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 3, 2022 1:37 PM
Jun 2021
Overall a good episode again, I liked seeing shirogane fall for the president.
Maki and Ishigamis interaction was very funny.
Maki with kaguya too.
I’m quite fond of those men and the way one of them was so crazy about how kaguya made that tea, talking about it was made for a person she loves due to the quality and effort put in and embarrassing her Infront of shirogane.
Jun 3, 2022 1:37 PM

Apr 2020
Before I forget about it, that scene when Nagisa suggests to Tsubasa that they too should go to The Horror House, Maki breaks inside and somehow a right triangle shows to her face, signifying that she's just a third fiddle for the three of them. I just point it out since it's a shape and all....

Anyways, this episode is a banger. I finally get to see the flashback story animated and I never thought the old SC president has a purple hair in him, but hey he did pushed our boy Miyuki to become the President as he graduates. Miyuki and Kaguya were different just over a year ago, with our boy having no golden chain yet and pretty much defeated because of this school's status, and Kaguya being a total Ice Princess, only thinking about ulterior motives and a severe lack of emotions. Even with how she is, something inside Miyuki blossomed which led him losing the fight all those time ago, and right now he's fully prepared to make the move.

Ramen King is back along with his other Ramen King bro, and yeah when Hayasaka dissed on Kaguya with that scene they were making, I thought it's Shit on Kaguya day but she proved them wrong with just a cup of tea...mission successful...ly failed, it turned into a worse scene. Kaguya's blush was all around her face but Miyuki does love the tea as well, I'm sure that Ramen King is right with his critical assessment of "love". And even with all that buzz, I was laughing so hard when Daddy Dio appeared at the front of her face, top that with Aoi Koga's shriek, top notch comedy.

Then the last scene where our boy Ishigami fails at first but successfully convinces Tsubame to hang out with him. I love the fact that even if it fails, he has Maki to go around with in school, knowing the fact that she'll be stuck with Nagisa and Tsubasa all day long. And though Ishigami was successful on asking her out, I just feel the worrying vibes from Tsubame, does she truly care about him or she's still putting up an act. I think I know since I read the manga, but for now I'll let it pass. Lastly, the show turned horror for a brief moment with that messed up audio and with that filter that looks like a found footage, I wonder what some other people are up to behind the scenes.
Jun 3, 2022 1:42 PM

Sep 2020
Shirogane already lost from the start! The backstory of how Shirogane likes Kaguya is very nice, also the coffee and the black tea scene is very cool!
Jun 3, 2022 1:56 PM

Apr 2018
Damn a kind of backstory in the middle out of nowhere hit pretty hard

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 3, 2022 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Damn dude so we find out after all it was Shirogane who lost first. AND CAN YOU FUCKING BLAME HIM??? My love for Kaguya grew more after seeing her jump into that pond to save that girl.

So cool!!!

Ishigami!!!!! Goated.

Next week should be interesting
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 3, 2022 2:05 PM
Aug 2021
MickDH said:
phantomfandom said:
Does this episode have green screen error?

Fully Intentional

I'm Puzzled about this, It might seem like it was on porpouse, but precisely because of that it looks like a genuine mistake, taking in consideration that the episode was down for a moment, apparently, too. But read me out, how do you commit this simple mistake? Was the superposition of several backgrounds for a moment changenlling enough that the software couldn't render it properly? Why are the Characters greenscreened? couldn't they just PNG them? I get they were animated for a moment but they stay still for here. Why is Hatsune Miku and Daft Punk from Akiba's Trip here? Why might never know for sure.
MAL10-EyhJun 3, 2022 2:28 PM
Jun 3, 2022 2:07 PM
Apr 2020
As always, another fantastic Kaguya-Sama episode.

Really enjoyed the flashback with Shirogane back when he was a first year at Shuchiin showing how wasn't always the extremely hard working Student Council president whom everyone knew, liked and respected.

Also Ishigami finally getting another special moment since the sport's festival! Love to see how his time with Tsubame at the horror house pans out.

Next week's episode looking to be even more packed than this one.
Jun 3, 2022 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
Another amazing episode.
Jun 3, 2022 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
Maki is great, love her, she is surprisingly kind but her pain is too real.
Jun 3, 2022 3:33 PM
May 2020
ishigami went through with it. my man. and we got a lil pretense with regards to the president and kaguya. she really did take his heart right there and then
Jun 3, 2022 3:38 PM
Jan 2022
I was wondering how close are we to them confessing
Jun 3, 2022 3:42 PM

Jan 2019
So can someone explain the timeline to me? It said one year earlier was one week after Miyuki joined the school, so did he join part way through Kaguya's first year?

If Miyuki did join the school a year ago, didn't he run in two student council president elections?(One against Miko and one before the events of the show), I thought it would be one election per year, not two in the space of one year.

Basically the timeline is confusing and not adding up, how much time has passed since the show began?

Jun 3, 2022 4:11 PM

Jan 2020
Overall a good episode, a lot of development but not a whole lot of laughs. The only time I busted out laughing was at the end with Shirogane's dad, "Get a job!"

Anyway, I'm guessing the season will end with the confession between Kaguya and Shirogane and then Season 4 will start addressing them finally dating. I'm looking forward to it.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 3, 2022 4:30 PM
Aug 2016
ForeverTraitor said:
So can someone explain the timeline to me? It said one year earlier was one week after Miyuki joined the school, so did he join part way through Kaguya's first year?

If Miyuki did join the school a year ago, didn't he run in two student council president elections?(One against Miko and one before the events of the show), I thought it would be one election per year, not two in the space of one year.

Basically the timeline is confusing and not adding up, how much time has passed since the show began?

Culture Festival is taking place in December. The flashback was to April the previous year, so a bit over a year and a half ago.

Season 1 started around April/May of the current year. (Not counting the 6 month timeskip in the very first skit.)

(Remember, Japanese school years run from April to March. And at Shuchiin at least, the student council elections are held around October.)
Ark_EvensongJun 3, 2022 4:40 PM
Jun 3, 2022 4:37 PM

Dec 2019
tsundere-sama wishes it was her instead
https://imgur.com/a/gpnbbM9
Jun 3, 2022 4:40 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Kaguya planning how he will confess his love for Shirogane as he remembers how he met her the day he joined the student council
Jun 3, 2022 4:40 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
That was a perfectly excellent episode.

Except for Chika simps because she only shows up for 1-2 seconds. lol
Jun 3, 2022 4:43 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
commonxreaction said:
Overall a good episode, a lot of development but not a whole lot of laughs. The only time I busted out laughing was at the end with Shirogane's dad, "Get a job!"

Anyway, I'm guessing the season will end with the confession between Kaguya and Shirogane and then Season 4 will start addressing them finally dating. I'm looking forward to it.
Are we watched the same episode?
Jun 3, 2022 4:46 PM

Sep 2018
ForeverTraitor said:
So can someone explain the timeline to me??

The flashback takes place about 1.5 years ago in April. He won his first election in September. A year later, we wins the election again (which we saw in S2). Now it's December.
Jun 3, 2022 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
Good to see 121 adapted here to show Miyuki's side on how he was interested in Kaguya first in their freshmen year. Was a pretty nice episode overall, only leaves with more anticipation for what's to come in the future couple episodes. The tea segment was nice with those older men describing Kaguya's tea brimming with 'love'. Their segments were pretty meh for me beforehand but I could handle them well enough here. Kaguya's reaction to Miyuki's dad being there was priceless.
Jun 3, 2022 5:08 PM
Sep 2021
an episode filled with weird middle-aged men.
Jun 3, 2022 5:08 PM

Sep 2017
The Yu + Maki duo gives me life.
Jun 3, 2022 6:10 PM

Apr 2022
Ramen uncles sure are powerful, they can make Kaguya do Komi noices.
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
Jun 3, 2022 6:14 PM
Feb 2008
That was not great. One of the worst episode of the series.
Jun 3, 2022 6:26 PM

Mar 2010
Nice to see some scenes from the past maid Kaguya was cute very good episode overall
Jun 3, 2022 6:36 PM

Nov 2013
phantomfandom said:

It's anime, not real life, a green screen error can not happen. A error of this kind would not lead to green but instead would lead to seeing the stroyboard behind it.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Jun 3, 2022 7:03 PM

Mar 2021
This is probably my favorite episode of this season so far.

I love how we get to see the former president and young Miyuki + the scene where he first acknowledges kagura is great too.

Kaguya vs. Middle-aged men!!!!!
Kaguya never takes Ls despite losing an opportunity to spend time with Miyuki.
When the one middle-aged dude said, "So it's you" to Miyuki >

Yu has secured his spot as my favorite male character in the series.
I'm starting to like Miss Mood Swing (Maki) more and more.
Seeing Yu get the courage to ask Tsubame out was very satisfying and I hope Kaguya can do the same even though it probably won't be till the last episode.

I'm excited for the haunted house next episode even though I guarantee there won't be a confession.
Jun 3, 2022 7:05 PM

Jan 2021
Kaguya was suffering this episode, but someone had to take over fujiwara's bad luck. Fujiwara went through a lot of crap this season, she deserves a good time at the festival.

Seriously though Kaguya getting talked down to by haysaka was hilarious. Girl is getting more and more bold each season. It was also cool season Kaguaya put two food snobs in there place by her amazing tea. Of course Shirogane's dad has to show up too and screw with Kaguya.

Cool seeing the backstory of how Shirogane's fell in love with Kaguya. Girl might have been thinking about favors and connections, but what matters is that she still acted to save another person.
Jun 3, 2022 7:30 PM
May 2021
Good to see 121 adapted people like it or not doesn't matter because it was important for Shirogane development.
Jun 3, 2022 7:37 PM

May 2020
Best eps of the season so far & i know this will just get better.

Maki deserves a happy ending so much.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 3, 2022 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
The sudden "Blair Witch Project" reference was everything. Instant 5/5 episode.

Also gotta say that for a tsundere, Maki sure is surprisingly kind.
Jun 3, 2022 8:13 PM

Jul 2021
Thank god they adapted Chapter 121 which is essential for Kaguya and Shirogane's development and is the former student council president voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki? I can literally recognize his voice and it suits him nicely. Also, Kaguya is so gorgeous when saving a girl who is in the pool of unsanitized substances. The cultural festival is in progress and making a drink is no easy thing with precision. I like how Maki is getting more prominent as the season progresses and she's the literal wingwoman mhm. Also, Hayasaka is cute yep.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 3, 2022 8:18 PM

May 2021
this show makes me so happy
my favorite coupling by far in any romance anime is kaguya and shirogane and the backstory just 100/10 moment for me
what an incredible episode
just keeps getting better!!
Jun 3, 2022 8:30 PM
Sep 2020
poor maki, i hope you get better partner in future
Jun 3, 2022 9:24 PM

Jul 2019
Kaguya is an eye candy and Maki is a great carry, both had their down moments this time and in the end it is time to let off steam in the panic room.

After an ultimate "best chance" invitation Ishigami is an undoubtful boss, Tsubame's puppy like happy face was worth every freaking second of it.
Jun 3, 2022 9:37 PM

Feb 2019
I didn’t like that look from tsubame at all. Please tell me she not about to play my boy? Ishigami is a goat and deserves love
Jun 3, 2022 10:08 PM
Apr 2022
The show continues to get better
Jun 3, 2022 10:11 PM

Jun 2021
Hayasaka casually switching between her drastically different personas will never fail to amuse me.

Tsundere-senpai is such a bro, giving Ishigami love advice while inflicting even more suffering on herself.
Jun 3, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2021
Great episode.

Damn they showed us the pre-student president Shirogane and sure enough he didn't have the dark circles under his eyes back then.

Kaguya looked really cute in that dress or whatever.

It's always fun to see when Hayasaka tries to get back at Kaguya for not being appreciated enough by her lol.

Maki's part was really funny also she indeed is a nice person.

The "Go home! Get a job!" at the end got me good.

By the pasing it seems like if there really is going to be a confession it would be in the last episode I think. I haven't read the manga but I think that

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 3, 2022 10:41 PM
Aug 2015
someone, please go out with maki.. 🥲
Jun 3, 2022 11:03 PM

Jan 2020
I honestly hope we see more of the past. Very cool flashback seeing the early stages of Shirogane and what the council was like beforehand

Awesome episode from start to finish and I'm also very happy for Ishigami. He 100% deservers this

Jun 3, 2022 11:05 PM
Jun 2019

I agree with this statement. Just like it is easy to laugh at someone who gets hurt in those failed compilation videos, one would hate being in the same situation.

Dead meme, but... Nagisa’s cheeks >>>>> Seven deadly sins animation

Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jun 3, 2022 11:44 PM
Mar 2022
Pictures of today: not so many but…
Jun 4, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2021
it keeps getting better with each frame
Jun 4, 2022 12:31 AM
Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
it was done on purpose just think about it how can an animated show have a green screen shooting bro
Jun 4, 2022 12:33 AM
Jun 2021
Vector__ said:
100 chapter which will be around 100÷3 = 33 episode or maybe more 💀
Jun 4, 2022 12:56 AM
Oct 2015
Vector__ said:
If you really want to know,
Jun 4, 2022 1:45 AM

Sep 2018
At this point, I think they're purposefully relating Papa Shirogane and Jojo with these intense scenes lol...
Jun 4, 2022 2:07 AM

May 2020
that was a pretty good ep
I'm starting to like tsundere senpai more and more

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.