Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 7, 2022 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
That was a lovely episode, Franky is the best uncle, I would say everyone on the agency got something good out of it too, either having a duel with the person they admired or getting an easy and meaty paycheck haha.

The world needs more drunk Hayami Saori. I guess the infamous face is finally going to show up next episode.
May 7, 2022 3:53 PM

Mar 2013
A few lessons to take away from this:

1. Franky is that cool uncle who makes promises to the kids that the parents can't (or don't want to) keep and is secretly just a big kid themselves.

2. Yor can't handle her drink

3. I wonder what Loid said to HQ to get them to agree to his requests? Asking for some extra training with the family present, under the guise of a field trip for Anya when it's really a training mission to adapt to responding if his fake family is present, when actually the training is a ruse to get a field trip for Anya?

Also Yor passing out drunk mid-assassination is priceless
RiotstarterMay 7, 2022 4:06 PM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 7, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2021
Was not expecting that level of animation from this show.
May 7, 2022 4:08 PM
Nov 2019
Just another episode of Loid being a good dad, and Franky being the cool uncle, you love to see it. Drunk Yor was funny, though I now am interested to see how that fight would have played out.
May 7, 2022 4:11 PM

Mar 2013

Why would they need to know that information
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 7, 2022 4:11 PM

Mar 2013
AnimeNerd99 said:
Just another episode of Loid being a good dad, and Franky being the cool uncle, you love to see it. Drunk Yor was funny, though I now am interested to see how that fight would have played out.

If she hadn't passed out mid-attack she probably would've killed Loid
May 7, 2022 4:13 PM

May 2015
Oh wow I absolutely loved this episode!!

So cute, so wholesome, so fun!

I love how that guy was getting super into his evil role and Anya having tons of fun is sooo adorable.

I love seeing Loid be a proper father as well as giving in to Anya's wish and doing stuff for her.

Also its hilarious how they got every agent in on this and how they were just having a good time.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 7, 2022 4:18 PM

Jan 2021
They went hard on this episode in animation and comedy. Can't wait for the next episode and see Anya's smug face.
May 7, 2022 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
DarknessReality said:
Oh wow I absolutely loved this episode!!

So cute, so wholesome, so fun!

I love how that guy was getting super into his evil role and Anya having tons of fun is sooo adorable.

I love seeing Loid be a proper father as well as giving in to Anya's wish and doing stuff for her.

Also its hilarious how they got every agent in on this and how they were just having a good time.

It'd suck if Franky turned out to be a double agent or something
May 7, 2022 4:31 PM

Dec 2021
very cute episode, cool fight scene between loid and yor

also anyone notice how his underpants colour was listed?

May 7, 2022 4:36 PM
Nov 2021
loved the episode!!! it was hilarious when Loid punched Franky at the end xD
May 7, 2022 4:38 PM

Dec 2021
CQLLIST said:
Not gonna lie I'm being completely blind with this episode but I DIDN'T REMEMBER THE MANGA BEING INTENSE with the amount of colorful balls shooting at Loid or was it an original scene?

The manga went from the scene where everyone arrives straight to Frankie Laying a table on its side in the dining hall, and putting Anya behind it (1 page total), and calling out the "Ultimate Witch Yortica". (2 pages). There's 1 page for slapping Frankie and the line "I've come to save you, Princess Anya." It's literally four pages (Ch. 6 pp. 20-23).

That said, I absolutely love what Wit has done here, as you said, it was like coming in blind.
May 7, 2022 4:38 PM

Jul 2019
Aaah! Seeing everything animated, the sound, effects, music, and voice acting-! So fun! Really loved this episode. So much fun. 😄This episode made me laugh lot of and so much~.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
May 7, 2022 4:43 PM
Feb 2021
I can barely handle this wholesome-ness
May 7, 2022 4:48 PM

Mar 2020
great episode, really loved the extra action
May 7, 2022 4:52 PM
Jan 2022
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

filler? In a comedy series?
May 7, 2022 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was a blast I was smiling through the whole thing. Also I love the fact that Yor was drunk as hell throughout the entire episode.
May 7, 2022 4:54 PM
Jul 2014
This episode was completely silly, but I loved it.
May 7, 2022 5:12 PM
May 2020
They did not have to animate this episode as good as they did! Did not expect such an explosive episode and I’m sure this is only the beginning. I see why people hyped this series up as much as it did. It’s checking all the boxes, good animation, great characters, comedy, action, heartfelt moments, entertaining story, etc.
May 7, 2022 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
The BM during Yor's "deadly final blow" is so hilarious.
Secretary-san's quite funny as well.

But uff, this episode's just 'meeh'
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
May 7, 2022 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
CQLLIST said:
Yay Anya got accepted from the secondary exam, good for her, and through some celebration they have decided to do some roleplay at an actual castle via the helicopter. Not gonna lie I'm being completely blind with this episode but I DIDN'T REMEMBER THE MANGA BEING INTENSE with the amount of colorful balls shooting at Loid or was it an original scene? Also Drunk Yor fighting Loid was simply fluid all the way through, mad respect for the animators who are responsible for this because the direction of it is simply stellar and I'm completely blown away to how they were able to be creative here. AND YAYYY I SEE
IN THE NEXT EPISODE :DDDDDD

same here! I was thinking: the chapter for this episode didn't run like this in my head. But it is fine because it WENT BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS!!

I can't for those two in the next episode

LET'S GOOOO!!!

May 7, 2022 5:21 PM

Aug 2019
The castle bit was some decent filler, though I would prefer if they stuck with the main story.

Also does anyone else think Loid is a little too emotional for the best spy of his country? A spy wouldn’t feel embarrassed easily like Loid was in this episode.
May 7, 2022 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
Uncle Franklin seems to have a lot of fun with this, hahahahahahahaha! The guy is easily my favourite!

cheers to this weekly dose of Wholesomeness!
My heart is humbled, my spirit has been purified, my soul has found peace, my happiness is immeasurable and my day has been blessed.

God bless Japan. God bless the author, I wish them long life, endless satisfaction and joy.
May 7, 2022 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Jasev said:
The castle bit was some decent filler, though I would prefer if they stuck with the main story.

Also does anyone else think Loid is a little too emotional for the best spy of his country? A spy wouldn’t feel embarrassed easily like Loid was in this episode.

allow him to be best father of the year...it was just filler...geezzz
May 7, 2022 5:24 PM

Aug 2019
ANYA IS BEST GIRL OF THIS SEASON AND I REFUSE TO ELABORATE FURTHER
May 7, 2022 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Riotstarter said:
A few lessons to take away from this:

1. Franky is that cool uncle who makes promises to the kids that the parents can't (or don't want to) keep and is secretly just a big kid themselves.

Agreed! Franky is one of those best uncles who just make your day. He really enjoyed himself throughout the event too. Easily became my most liked character when I read the manga.
removed-userMay 7, 2022 5:30 PM
May 7, 2022 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
pandaeatboo said:
ANYA IS BEST GIRL OF THIS SEASON AND I REFUSE TO ELABORATE FURTHER

You don't need to elaborate any further, fellow being. You being a fan of Golden Kamuy as well just makes your point extra agreeable!!
May 7, 2022 6:04 PM

Aug 2018
Operation: Rescue Princess Anya
I loved this chapter, it was great. After the results I didn't remember about the castle, you animated it very cool.
And the part about Yor being drunk hahaha xD
Very good chapter.
May 7, 2022 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
kuroneko99 said:
basically. was a pretty boring ep. no way this aint filler.
May 7, 2022 6:20 PM

Jun 2015
If Loid doesn't get Parent of the Year award, I don't know who is.

Loid and Yor are such a badass couple. Fluid fight choreography, classic hand-to-hand combat. Massive thank you for everyone who worked on the episode. What a feast to the eye.
YosepRAMay 7, 2022 6:57 PM
May 7, 2022 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
Dude practically rented Disneyland and deployed a whole spy operation just to give his daughter the best adventure of her life. That's it. Loid, father of the year confirmed!

Also Anya's lame acting had me dying xD She's so precious ♥
May 7, 2022 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
I love how Yor at the beginning was thinking of killing people so Anya can get admitted... lol, Spy brain at work. (and Anya has the "yes, kill, yes" wakuwaku expression")

Also... Loid's Pantsu is Black...

And Anya's "prayer dance" was cute. (tho I wonder who got kicked out... hopefully not caused by Loid's spy network... lol) (aka, some kid be eliminated)

Drunk Yor is cute too. Good thing she doesn't return to her "root" while drunk. (mostly)

___ ___ ___

LOL @ the Castle Play.

FKing Loid used his Spy Network for this... AND Yor was still drunk the entire time... Please let go of that bottle...

I think the Spy HQ (and every single Spy...) is going to be so confused later, LOL

And good thing no other enemies or Rival Spy network knows every agent is gathered in one single place, otherwise... the entire Spy Network would end.

And good thing Yor is too drunk to figure out this whole scenario that Loid is really a Spy. (Yor probably thinks this is just normal Amusement Park gameplay)

Tho... Drunk Yor is also too drunk to figure out this is all just a play and went a bit TOO REAL on Loid... then she slips and fell asleep, LOL

___ ___ ___

Tho the best of this episode is... Franky, without this guy, everything that happened wouldn't have happened.

And the Spy HQ boss... expense cost "are these numbers real?"

LOL.... Poor Spy HQ.

Tho... how would this operation cost that much when they're literally using everything the Spy Network owns? I don't think they rent all the vehicles from other companies... and the costumes are literally simple black cloth that you can buy for like 10 dollars... Most of the cost would be the Fireworks.

And if the Spy HQ gets angry, it would have to be directed at Franky... cause he's the one that made Loid do this, LOL

___ ___ ___

That episode 6 title...

I think we made a mistake letting Anya go to school guys...
amlgMay 7, 2022 6:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 7, 2022 6:46 PM
Dec 2021
kuroneko99 said:
True. I was disappointed to see they story not progressing at all for a whole ep but it was still enjoyable.
May 7, 2022 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Kaylakaze said:
I just don't understand why they gave The Chief a male voice when she's clearly going to be in the next episode.

They are actually two different characters. The man in this episode is the director of WISE (Twilight's agency) located in their headquarters back in Westalis.
May 7, 2022 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
Another wonderful and perfect episode!

How I love this family ❤
May 7, 2022 7:06 PM

Jun 2019
Very fun. It balances wacky and serious perfectly and includes a fitting silver lining to progress the characters along the way. More action is always appreciated when it looks this clean.
May 7, 2022 7:15 PM
Mar 2022
istg, every episode feels like only 5 minutes. the show is very enjoyable with absolute bangers and good ost
May 7, 2022 7:33 PM
Mar 2019
Anna gets entertained by Loid for getting accepted into the School, he plays "Loidman"
Yor happens to be a Vicious drunk.
May 7, 2022 7:35 PM

May 2015
From rejected to waiting list to accepted! The school application arc is finally over. Franky egging anya on into a really wild acceptance party was hillarious. He's teaching Anya how to push Loids buttons! Him calling into the agency for the expensive gift was definitely worth it for world peace, and for anya's entertainment.
May 7, 2022 8:06 PM

Jan 2019
We're lucky drunk Yor didn't kill him.

As some one watching this episode drunk... I get it.

I want to know more about Yor.
May 7, 2022 8:08 PM

Jan 2019
The wholesome levels are going off the charts, god DAMN!
May 7, 2022 8:13 PM

Sep 2020
Jasev said:

They stuck to the main story. Wit studio just extended the fight scene and include some extra Loid's badass moment.

Loid's new family made him like that. You can say Initially he was a man with no emotion.
May 7, 2022 8:19 PM
Aug 2021
The fact that nobody in agency questioned this and went along with loid's plan immediately is gold.. but Franky needs some appreciation lol
May 7, 2022 8:22 PM
Feb 2014
This episode was amazing the people saying it was boring are just haters excepting a bad episode although I wouldn't be surprised if it was just kaguya fans since they had a good episode I think too this week and they've been getting mad at spy x family.
May 7, 2022 8:51 PM
Jul 2017
what an awesome episode!! Cried a lot during this episode seeing anya having some fun together with her parents after those sad moment that she felt in the past with her previous foster parents .... TT-TT Franky is also so funny! xDD
May 7, 2022 8:53 PM
Apr 2021
Never feel enough 25 minutes/week for new episode of spy x family
May 7, 2022 9:04 PM
May 2021
roku2041 said:
This episode was amazing the people saying it was boring are just haters excepting a bad episode although I wouldn't be surprised if it was just kaguya fans since they had a good episode I think too this week and they've been getting mad at spy x family.
Calling everyone hater who think this episode is boring is too far because read some comments there are people who like other episode but not this one because they wasted a whole episode in the castle scene as some people waiting whole week just to see a half filler episode.It is understandable that you like it as the production is also good and there is actually nothing wrong with it but you have to understand other people perspective also instead of calling them haters and kaguya sama fans.
May 7, 2022 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
That sequence of Loid almost teleporting for the telephone/Yor stopping Anya from falling/Loid pulling the party popper from his pocket, very cute and fun

I believe that Franky used this play princess setup to get back at Loid for his difficult favors lol. The second half really felt like fever dream until the show of invoice at the last bit. The absurdity of everything would likely make someone as dense as Yor suspicious, but fortunately, she was drunk the whole time 😆 The Loid-Yor 1-on-1 yeahhhhhh

「分かるか?!?!」
May 7, 2022 9:43 PM
Feb 2014
NoBoDY-5 said:
roku2041 said:
Calling everyone hater who think this episode is boring is too far because read some comments there are people who like other episode but not this one because they wasted a whole episode in the castle scene as some people waiting whole week just to see a half filler episode.It is understandable that you like it as the production is also good and there is actually nothing wrong with it but you have to understand other people perspective also instead of calling them haters and kaguya sama fans.

I was just saying that base on what I've seen trust me I have been around and usually it's just kaguya fans.
May 7, 2022 9:44 PM

Feb 2014
That Yor vs. Loid fight was insane. The animators went all out! I wonder who would have won if Yor didn’t fall asleep!

This show is just lovely and it continues to be a delight every week.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.