Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 7, 2022 10:57 AM
Oct 2020
It’s tough moving out on your own. It’s good that this episode showed how much everyone wants that kid from Ehime to excel.

Ganbatte, my guy
May 7, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
So much for leaving with a smile
May 7, 2022 11:10 AM
Mar 2022
Stucked to this Anime...can't wait for the next episode 🥺wanna see Ashito coming on top
May 7, 2022 11:16 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Pretty much what you expect from a farewell episode with a tearful goodbye from Aoi's family and friends. Although he still had to get his mother's permission after going over the details of moving to Tokyo and joining a sports club which is not cheap. After a half a year or preparation, Aoi and his mother didn't talk or even get a chance to say goodbye in person. His mom wrote a letter that Aoi opened on the train telling him how she felt by supporting him. Even though she didn't have the money to get Aoi new cleats, she manged to get a pair of orange cleats that looked new to me. I'm guessing that those shoes were slightly used.

Congrats to the Ao Ashi manga for recently making the Oricon's Top 20 series with 251,798 copies sold at #10.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1522514650683879424
May 7, 2022 11:33 AM

Nov 2017
Very moving this episode!
May 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Dec 2019
Man that letter made cry so much I love this series so much easily the best episode.

May 7, 2022 11:57 AM
Sep 2020
AddaeAkono said:
Pretty much what you expect from a farewell episode with a tearful goodbye from Aoi's family and friends. Although he still had to get his mother's permission after going over the details of moving to Tokyo and joining a sports club which is not cheap. After a half a year or preparation, Aoi and his mother didn't talk or even get a chance to say goodbye in person. His mom wrote a letter that Aoi opened on the train telling him how she felt by supporting him. Even though she didn't have the money to get Aoi new cleats, she manged to get a pair of orange cleats that looked new to me. I'm guessing that those shoes were slightly used.

Congrats to the Ao Ashi manga for recently making the Oricon's Top 20 series with 251,798 copies sold at #10.

his mom apologizing for not buying him new cleats is about how all this time he wore worn out cleats and then the gift was brand new cleats.
May 7, 2022 12:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
SKKintheHouse7 said:
AddaeAkono said:

his mom apologizing for not buying him new cleats is about how all this time he wore worn out cleats and then the gift was brand new cleats.

Oh I see. Thank You for clearing that up for me because he really needed some new cleats.
May 7, 2022 12:50 PM
Sep 2015
There are too many unanswered questions about his family, like what about the father and how his brother can pay for Ashito to go to Tokyo tryout. But I think it's a wise decision to pause a story about his family at this episode and focus about soccer instead.

I'd like to ignore any potential love interest, so I'm afraid at Hana's important role in this episode. I'd like her to keep being professional, helping Ashito because it's her duty, and not because she want to be his girlfriend, or Tatsuya Fukuda's replacement.
May 7, 2022 2:33 PM
Dec 2021
phantomfandom said:
There are too many unanswered questions about his family, like what about the father and how his brother can pay for Ashito to go to Tokyo tryout. But I think it's a wise decision to pause a story about his family at this episode and focus about soccer instead.

I'd like to ignore any potential love interest, so I'm afraid at Hana's important role in this episode. I'd like her to keep being professional, helping Ashito because it's her duty, and not because she want to be his girlfriend, or Tatsuya Fukuda's replacement.

I don't think it's important to know where the father is. Maybe he died early or something. Shun and Noriko, his brother and mother is working. Shun gave Ashito money from his own pocket so he can go to the tryout. And they also runs a bar that's where they got the money savings for Ashito's stay in Tokyo in thus episode.

It's actually good and refreshing to see that the story shows the life status of the mc. I always hate it when sports animes doesn't have an explanation where the parents of the characters are. They just pop up somewhere, being pro without any interactions with their parents which i find stupid. Atleast Ao Ashi didn't fail to explain everything about the mc. But don't worry. This is the last time you will see them 3 together because Ashito will become so busy in Esperion.

I personally find Ashito and Hana's interactions very adorable. It's a plus for me.
May 7, 2022 2:40 PM
Jun 2020
Holy sh*t... i'm crying.
May 7, 2022 4:30 PM

Jan 2020
This anime has been great so far. Idk why so many people are sleeping on it
May 7, 2022 4:32 PM

Jan 2020
turtleinshell said:
This was probably the best episode of any anime this season so far, and that's standing next to the likes of Ya Boy Kongming and Spy x Family. You don't have to kill someone off to have an emotional moment in a show, and, especially this soon into a series, it's rare to see a show pull off a tear jerker really well without killing a character off or inserting some cheesy melodrama. It's a shounen, which make this episode a bit strange, because I feel like it hits home the most with anyone that has gone to college or moved away from home after college for work, and have thus had those teary goodbyes with their parents before. They covered some of the subtleties of the emotions and expressions and actions involved in that process really well, which is in part why I think this episode is so good.

Very nice episode. Have to admit though, it’ll be tough for anything releasing this week to top the recent episode of Love is War. That was comedy gold man
May 7, 2022 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
ahhhh my heart...... the amount of emotions this has..it's so heavy
May 7, 2022 6:21 PM
Aug 2018
omg, this episode was so emotional, aoi wanted to say goodbye with a smile but in the end she cried emotionally and made me cry too
May 7, 2022 7:11 PM
Apr 2022
Honestly, I cried in this episode at the letter section. best family
May 7, 2022 7:59 PM
Aug 2021
I will be sincere. I'm not much of a football fan, but this anime is being very good. The episodes are better than the others. I'm in love. I really hope for a romance between Aoi and Hana, even if it's mild. The way his mother is a wonderful mother, tough on the outside but soft hearted on the inside, that was amazing. That letter, man, that broke me. It's been a long time since an anime made me want to cry. Honestly, I don't think it's possible to express it in words. Did you feel it too?

Lavadora8KgMay 7, 2022 8:07 PM
May 7, 2022 8:49 PM

Feb 2021
Probably one of the best episodes yet

The process of leaving your family, friends, and hometown behind to pursue your dreams is a topic not much touched upon. I've by no means seen a lot of sports anime but I'm pretty sure moments like these aren't included.

The letter scene hits hard.

Also, his mom mentioned she couldn't afford to buy him new cleats so those new ones were given to him by that player who was dissing him in the first episode??

Anyways, overall it was such a beautiful episode.
DeonXMay 7, 2022 9:25 PM

May 7, 2022 8:52 PM
Mar 2021
Man I cried 10/10 Ep without the main element
speechless.
May 7, 2022 10:03 PM
Nov 2020
surf78987898 said:
Sorry, but who allowed a football anime to make me cry thinking on my mom?
ikrrr it made me remember my mom who's faraway from me i cried like a baby
May 7, 2022 10:10 PM
Nov 2020
The amount of relatable things to me in this anime in general and this ep specifically made me bawl my eyes out , the whole mother love, support and sacrifice stuff , Having a dream despite having difficult circumstances , having to say goodbye , the feeling of wanting to give back to your family , all these themes in one episode was enough to make me fall in love with this anime after i wasn't that hooked on it , well done.
May 7, 2022 11:19 PM

Jul 2016
Leaving aside the fact of Ashito's mother acting more like a grumpy older sister than an actual parent, I gotta say I really liked this episode. Ashito is gonna start a new journey in his life and I can't wait to see what it has to offer.
May 8, 2022 12:16 AM
May 2018
DeonX said:
Also, his mom mentioned she couldn't afford to buy him new cleats so those new ones were given to him by that player who was dissing him in the first episode??

She was mentioning what happened before - during his junior highschool period.

The mom probably saved up some cash to get him new cleats. This episode happened in the span of a few months, right? 6 months? She asked his shoe size too to make sure.
May 8, 2022 12:25 AM
Oct 2021
i thought no other letter would make me cry other than Kaori's but I never been so wrong in my life. I cried like a baby.
May 8, 2022 12:33 AM

Oct 2016
Man, that letter made me cry and right on time for mothers day too. That was an episode full of goodbyes and it was beautiful. F to that one girl though whom I assume had a crush on Ashito. But hey, at least we got best manager, and of course best mom, best brother and best friends. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 8, 2022 12:37 AM

Dec 2020
This episode hit like a truck.

I haven't seen any sports anime touch upon the subjects of leaving your home and more importantly the financial problems that most sportspeople from a poor background suffer from. Many athletes come from a poor background and have to struggle to go pro because of the financial constraints so I am glad this anime touched upon that matter.

The farewell was fairly emotional. I had a feeling that the black haired girl liked Ashito based on her remarks in the last episode and this episode confirmed it. Though I guess we won't see her any time soon as the story will probably now focus on Ashito and his journey to go pro.

Hana helping out Ashito and his family was really sweet.

The letter scene at the end was perfect and really emotional. It made me tear up a bit. This episode released right in time for mother's day too.
Ashito indeed has a great family and friends.

God I love this show.
May 8, 2022 3:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was beautiful, i'm honestly in awe how much of a nice girl Hana is.

Cherish your mom.
May 8, 2022 4:21 AM
Dec 2021
This was a just a perfect emotional episode with no soccer, absolutely loved it🫶
May 8, 2022 4:52 AM

Jan 2020
Holy shit this was a marvelous episode. I slightly worried that they might hamfistedly handle Ashito's relationship with his mother, but boy was I wrong. They actually dedicated an entire episode to fleshing out their relationship and showing Ashito's farewell with his friends, and I'm so, so glad that they did. Getting a bit personal, I have been raised in a somewhat well-to-do family, and I have never pursued sports or any particular career for that matter, so I may not fully understand how tough it actually had been for Ashito's mother; but even then, it's amazing how the anime made me sympathize with her.

And last but absolutely not least—that ending scene. In all honesty, I started crying myself nearly the same time Ashito did, those two lines from his mother were just that powerful.

A question for the manga readers. Is the name of the short blue haired girl ever revealed? I liked her quite a bit so I wanna know.
May 8, 2022 8:00 AM
Mar 2017
Love this episode, and this anime. You literally have an anime with well told story and amazing football animation, totally underrated.
May 8, 2022 8:16 AM

May 2021
Such an emotional send-off. Not often is the topic of financial constraints for poor players who have to go to a big city touched upon. Glad it was touched upon.

May 8, 2022 8:41 AM

Dec 2009
I'm ugly-crying right now. What an amazing mother he has! Never mind the brother and his classmates. He is so blessed to have so many people support and cheer for him.
May 8, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
JJnie said:
MegamiRem said:
Predictable turn of events but it was still quite emotional.

Of course it's predictable it's a farewell episode afterall. You expect them to punch each other or something? Lmao. I don't get people sometimes.

your comment cracked the shit out of me dude lmao
May 8, 2022 1:43 PM

May 2013
Alsanch said:
turtleinshell said:
This was probably the best episode of any anime this season so far, and that's standing next to the likes of Ya Boy Kongming and Spy x Family. You don't have to kill someone off to have an emotional moment in a show, and, especially this soon into a series, it's rare to see a show pull off a tear jerker really well without killing a character off or inserting some cheesy melodrama. It's a shounen, which make this episode a bit strange, because I feel like it hits home the most with anyone that has gone to college or moved away from home after college for work, and have thus had those teary goodbyes with their parents before. They covered some of the subtleties of the emotions and expressions and actions involved in that process really well, which is in part why I think this episode is so good.

actually the manga of this anime is classified as seinen

Well I guess that explains it. Interesting. The show has a very shounen feel so far.
May 8, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2013
Animillion said:
turtleinshell said:

Very nice episode. Have to admit though, it’ll be tough for anything releasing this week to top the recent episode of Love is War. That was comedy gold man

See I don't know what it is recently, but the comedy in this season of love is war hasn't hit home as much as it did in the last season. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for it. The recent episode was definitely quite good, but I felt the direction in this episode of Ao Ashi just nailed the emotion and everything perfectly. Most of the time when a show goes for it this early on, they fall flat and miss the mark, but they managed to hit a home run here.
May 8, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2020
turtleinshell said:
Animillion said:

See I don't know what it is recently, but the comedy in this season of love is war hasn't hit home as much as it did in the last season. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for it. The recent episode was definitely quite good, but I felt the direction in this episode of Ao Ashi just nailed the emotion and everything perfectly. Most of the time when a show goes for it this early on, they fall flat and miss the mark, but they managed to hit a home run here.

Ao Ashi had a great episode this week, but I have to give a hats off to what the Love is War VA’s did this past week. Just the ED itself was awesome, let alone the rest of the episode. I’m curious how the dub for Love is War will sound like for that episode
May 8, 2022 2:11 PM
Nov 2021
Animillion said:
turtleinshell said:

Ao Ashi had a great episode this week, but I have to give a hats off to what the Love is War VA’s did this past week. Just the ED itself was awesome, let alone the rest of the episode. I’m curious how the dub for Love is War will sound like for that episode

Ao Ashi and Love is War are both in my top 5 this season.
May 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2020
xdoubtx said:
Animillion said:

Same, just under Spy x Family
May 8, 2022 2:21 PM
Nov 2021
IrrelevantGuy said:
Holy shit this was a marvelous episode. I slightly worried that they might hamfistedly handle Ashito's relationship with his mother, but boy was I wrong. They actually dedicated an entire episode to fleshing out their relationship and showing Ashito's farewell with his friends, and I'm so, so glad that they did. Getting a bit personal, I have been raised in a somewhat well-to-do family, and I have never pursued sports or any particular career for that matter, so I may not fully understand how tough it actually had been for Ashito's mother; but even then, it's amazing how the anime made me sympathize with her.

And last but absolutely not least—that ending scene. In all honesty, I started crying myself nearly the same time Ashito did, those two lines from his mother were just that powerful.

A question for the manga readers. Is the name of the short blue haired girl ever revealed? I liked her quite a bit so I wanna know.

The name of the girl never revealed. And that's the last you will see her. Atleast yet because the manga is still ongoing.
May 8, 2022 2:27 PM
Nov 2021
Animillion said:
xdoubtx said:

Same, just under Spy x Family

Ao Ashi is my number 1 spy x fam on second.
May 8, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2020
Again, I was touched by this anime, it happened during the scene of Ashito reading a letter from his mother. So can't wait for Ashito to compete in the club.

May 8, 2022 3:17 PM
Apr 2011
I lost my mom at a young age. Watching this episode had me in tears!!
May 8, 2022 5:51 PM

Oct 2016
I wasn't crying. Someone was chopping onions outside my window while I was watching this episode. Just a coincidence.
May 8, 2022 7:09 PM
May 2011
Part of me wants to give the episode another chance, since everyone is saying how good it is. But I cannot stand the main girl, and the beginning of this episode was the last straw.
May 8, 2022 7:25 PM

Feb 2021
em_doubleyou said:
DeonX said:

She was mentioning what happened before - during his junior highschool period.

The mom probably saved up some cash to get him new cleats. This episode happened in the span of a few months, right? 6 months? She asked his shoe size too to make sure.

Ah, that makes sense. I confused it with her not having enough money after spending it on the club fees and account deposits.

May 8, 2022 7:26 PM

Feb 2021
Yudesei said:
I wasn't crying. Someone was chopping onions outside my window while I was watching this episode. Just a coincidence.

Whoa, what a coincidence! The same happened with me.

May 8, 2022 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
That was sad in the end how he cried after holding it this whole time
May 8, 2022 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
i'm NOT crying YOU'RE crying!!!
emotional episode!
Ashito's mom Noriko is still one HOT MILF!!!
5/5.

May 9, 2022 12:00 AM

Feb 2022
Food plans are a pain to come up with but so useful when done thoughtfully. Show has a lot of heart, I like the focus on the family element. Definitely got a few tears from me from the mothers support.
May 9, 2022 2:17 AM

Jan 2020
xdoubtx said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

The name of the girl never revealed. And that's the last you will see her. Atleast yet because the manga is still ongoing.

That's unfortunate :( I'm pretty sure we will see her and Ashito's other friends again later though, considering how close they seemed like. They will most likely appear before Ashito's playing an important match or when he returns to his hometown.
IrrelevantGuyMay 9, 2022 4:19 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.