Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 7, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
Ashito's finally gotten acceptance into the Tokyo Esperion Team, but now it's his family's issues that he needs to resolve...the finance part being the least of their concerns, and more of the plan concerning Ashito moving away from Ehime and having his lodge plans in Tokyo. Hana must've found herself embroiled in shock with Aoi's family issues for a comedic moments between his drunk mother Noriko and the two sons (plus Shun), more than the balance diet plan that she sent to Ashito.

But there's no time to waste, and Ashito's mother fully supports his move to Tokyo, even to the point of planning with Hana, packing his stuff, providing some savings and getting not a full pair of new soccer cleats but nornal shoes for a farewell gift, Noriko's such a dedicated mother to do the most out of their poor conditions. It's also a nice farewell to his local school, his homroom teacher-cum-soccer club coach and friends while his brother Shun has a pep talk with him. Would've loved to have supportive friends like Ashito's when I was growing up. The letter from Noriko to Ashito brought the onion feels, I completely understand his mom's feelings when you can't explain things straight in each other's eyes to bring about misunderstandings in communications, and it all has to culminate in a farewell letter.

Really, the agape love of parents can't get better than Ashito's mother Noriko, sacrificing the family's needs to sustain his starting career as a pro soccer player. Ashito, be prepared to work hard to make sure that your mother's sacrifices aren't in vain.
KANLen09May 7, 2022 6:39 AM
May 7, 2022 5:41 AM
Jan 2021
I thought this was a wholesome, character building episode.
No soccer in it but I didn’t mind one bit!
May 7, 2022 5:46 AM

Sep 2021
this was an emotive chapter, the Mother make the best for his son and they are really alike, both dont like sad goodbyes, and i have a question, would we see again the black hair girl? she seems to like the protagonist
May 7, 2022 5:50 AM
Apr 2022
nice ep and this ep was directed by Norihiro Naganuma ( Ancient Magus' Bride )
May 7, 2022 6:00 AM
Feb 2019
Okay now I'm totally sold.
One of the best anime of this season, period !
May 7, 2022 6:06 AM

May 2020
Liked how he just randomly ringed her and didn't even speak a single word until she has to call him back, though she's helping him out, certainly a good deed.

Letter from mom in the end definitely summed up Aoi's journey till now, and I can see it just going higher from here.
May 7, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing episode this series is just getting better and better the letter from his mom was just beautiful
May 7, 2022 6:25 AM
Jan 2020
I thricking love this Anime. If it somehow manages to maintain this level than its easily the best Sports Anime. One of the best Anime in this Season so far.
May 7, 2022 6:25 AM

Jan 2021
Best Mom 👏👏
May 7, 2022 6:33 AM
Apr 2022
Ok I will admit I cried!❤️‍🔥
May 7, 2022 6:36 AM

Nov 2016
Best dietitian, best class, best mom.

Jesus, what an emotional episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2022 6:40 AM
May 2021
i cried at the letter part
May 7, 2022 6:44 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
Was there more interactions with black hair girl in the manga? I thought she kinda came out of left field, even tho I think I remember her in the first episode maybe? But other than that a really great, wholesome episode that hit home. This series has been one of the best of the season imo, and I’m looking forward to more.
May 7, 2022 6:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No soccer this time, but an emotional episode as a good change of pace. Having Hana helping Ao like that was so damn sweet, especially since she already talked much with his mom like that. Its truly ease everything and she's like such an important key for Ao growth as a person, before entering the harsh world of soccer in Tokyo. Still liking those two young soul cheesy interaction thus far, and hopefully there's more of it while Aoi finally arrived in Tokyo. And i can't say much about the emotional Aoi parting scene, because, let's face it with a big smile, and then proceed to use that tense face in the end. Rollercoaster...

Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 7, 2022 6:49 AM
May 2022
Man. That's lovely and emotional. It made me remind the time when i joined basketball club for the first time and my mom supported me all the way. She also said she's proud of me no matter what. I'm ashamed to thank her so I just smiled and kissed her cheek. But when I'm in the train I cried hard almost sobbing. I really like this episode.

The comedy/humor, emotional part is so balanced. The "notice of disownment" thoughts of Ashito is funny asf. Their relationship as a family is so entertaining to watch i will never get tired of watching them. Ashito's journey on becoming pro in Esperion started very good. 10/10 Episode.
May 7, 2022 7:07 AM

Oct 2017
Predictable turn of events but it was still quite emotional.
May 7, 2022 7:13 AM
Nov 2021
I really like this episode. I've been liking the chemistry and interactions of Hana and Ashito so far. They're simply adorable and wholesome. One of my best ship this season.

Hana helped Ashito's mother and brother understand how staying in the club works. Amount of finances etc. Which helped them a lot to prepare for everything Ashito's needed.

This family is so fun to watch. It's obvious where Ashito got his hot tempered personality lol. Shun and Noriko is the best. There are funny scenes too that gave me a good laugh. His goodbye with his former classmates/teammates is also good.

And of course, the letter scene. I will admit. I cried with Ashito.

I like how they really showed how Ashito left his home which majority of sports animes failed to do. The last time I cried in an sports anime is with Hajime no Ippo. Peak fictions really tugs at heartstrings aight. Overall, very good episode.
May 7, 2022 7:18 AM
Nov 2021
MegamiRem said:

Of course it's predictable it's a farewell episode afterall. You expect them to punch each other or something? Lmao. I don't get people sometimes.
May 7, 2022 7:22 AM
Nov 2021
Very good episode. This scene in the manga hits hard but the anime version hits harder. Comedy scenes and emotional scenes are well balanced. Very relatable. I can't wait for more❤️ Oh! And this Sunday is Mother's Day right? Wow it's so fit🥺
JJnieMay 7, 2022 7:47 AM
May 7, 2022 7:23 AM
Oct 2016
Putting a real tear jerker episode centered around Aoi and his mom right before mothers day. That's a dirty trick show. This episode was really good, a sad but uplifting send off for Aoi as he leaves home for good. Heading to Tokyo full time to start training for the club. Aoi wanting to help his mom have an easier life after she's worked so hard to raise her boys. The mom wanting to support Aoi even though they have little money and means to help him achieve his dream. Giving him the new cleats at the end made me tear up. Her whole letter saying she has always been proud of him since the day he was born gets to me even now. Its such am emotional statement to hear from your parents, one that not many people get to hear. Aoi send off with his classmates was nice too. Won't be seeing them again if ever so nice to see him get to say goodbye properly. A powerful episode ending this beginning arc as Aoi finally gets to start the first step towards his big dream.
May 7, 2022 7:33 AM

Jul 2015
The best episode didn't have football in it lol, loved the mom's message and the send off was done good. I'm expecting great things in the next episodes! This is so far a great sports anime for me.
May 7, 2022 7:33 AM
Jul 2021
Rodimus_Rhyme said:
Was there more interactions with black hair girl in the manga? I thought she kinda came out of left field, even tho I think I remember her in the first episode maybe? But other than that a really great, wholesome episode that hit home. This series has been one of the best of the season imo, and I’m looking forward to more.

Yeah interactions between them were a bit more in the manga, but doesnt affect the story so they didnt include it in the anime, which i agree with cause its kinda unnecessary.
May 7, 2022 7:34 AM

Jun 2021
Sorry, but who allowed a football anime to make me cry thinking on my mom?
May 7, 2022 7:55 AM
Mar 2022
Wholesome episode
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shollua&sclick=1]
May 7, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
That was a beautiful episode, Already making me tear up 5 episodes into the series damn you!
May 7, 2022 8:06 AM
Jun 2021
Lol....I was holding on to my emotions well, then the letter broke the dam.
May 7, 2022 8:15 AM
Dec 2020
Amazing episode, I like where this is going and the letter really struck me too…. I still don’t like Hana but we’ll see
May 7, 2022 8:16 AM

Apr 2018
what an emotional episode, seriously touched me deeply. Well, his facial expression in the end shows he's ready for everything.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 7, 2022 8:26 AM

Dec 2014
Wholesome emotional episode.

Hana is great, Aoi’s Mom and brother are great, his friends are great. Got really emotional at the end and I teared up a bit when he opened the letter to find the card and a new set of cleats.

Can’t wait for more.
May 7, 2022 8:26 AM
May 2021
Holy Crap…. I’m sold to this anime…
That letter scene was so good…
Anyone knows how many episodes we will have?
May 7, 2022 8:29 AM
Apr 2022
pierrelucascs said:
Holy Crap…. I’m sold to this anime…
That letter scene was so good…
Anyone knows how many episodes we will have?
no information yet maybe 24eps
May 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Mar 2020
Ughh I cried so much. Ashito-kun's you are so lucky, cause everyone is supporting you. And its really our parents/mother's job to support his son for what he wants to do.

Im inspired. We all want to make our parents life easier. So it really strikes my heart.

Warau, waratte! But in the end I cried.

(Advanced Happy Mother's Day!! )
Zorosuke_May 7, 2022 8:53 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 7, 2022 8:32 AM
Sep 2018
Best episode so far, dam I cry.
May 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
I was sobbing. I love this series so much.
May 7, 2022 8:34 AM
Mar 2022
Damn The way its Getting better and better with every episode is truly amazing
May 7, 2022 8:35 AM

Dec 2020
damn just in time for Mother's Day
May 7, 2022 8:41 AM

May 2013
This was probably the best episode of any anime this season so far, and that's standing next to the likes of Ya Boy Kongming and Spy x Family. You don't have to kill someone off to have an emotional moment in a show, and, especially this soon into a series, it's rare to see a show pull off a tear jerker really well without killing a character off or inserting some cheesy melodrama. It's a shounen, which make this episode a bit strange, because I feel like it hits home the most with anyone that has gone to college or moved away from home after college for work, and have thus had those teary goodbyes with their parents before. They covered some of the subtleties of the emotions and expressions and actions involved in that process really well, which is in part why I think this episode is so good.
May 7, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2017
I love how each episode manages to be better than the last. Fantastic, beautiful and emotional episode! I expected this show to be good but even so it manages to exceed my expectations.

Ashito has great friends, awesome brother and fantastic mother. It's very hard to separate both for them and for him! Excited to see how he will adapt to his new life in Tokyo and new friends and environment.
May 7, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2017
They really didn't hold back with the feels this episode did they. Love the manga, and I love this adaptation even more so far. They are doing a great job.
May 7, 2022 9:12 AM
Oct 2021
By far the best episode this series has offered. There was no match only emotion.
T_T
May 7, 2022 9:14 AM

Oct 2009
What even was this episode... I'm not bawling, you're bawling.
May 7, 2022 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
A farewell episode. Aoi and Aoi's mother are both not good at talking about their feelings. She successfully avoids the inevitable conversation for half a year. Instead, a letter from her provides the emotional farewell.

But the events that led to this situation felt so constructed and convenient:
  • The whole set-up was only possible because the mother was able to overhear unnoticed the conversation between Aoi and Hana in which he revealed his feelings about his future and his mother.
  • And this was only possible because the mother came back from work in that exact moment and was standing at the door without being noticed by anyone.
  • And that conversation between Aoi and Hana about Aoi's mother was only possible because Hana overheard the mother's negative reaction that the football club has accepted Aoi.
  • And Hana could only overhear the mother's negative reaction because Aoi called Hana to know about the football club's decision reagrding him before it's official and in that exact same moment, Aoi's mother comes with the letter containing the official decision and Aoi doesn't end the call.
May 7, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Amazing episode. Ashito having a great friends and family, but he should moved on. It so good that I cant wait for next week. Is it safe to read manga? I have read Haikyuu bcz i cant wait the anime and im a bit regret that lol.

Also, are we gonna see the black hair girl agaon? She's so smooth that i dont realize she had feeling to Ashito.
May 7, 2022 9:36 AM
Apr 2022
what a emotional ep, a mother's love know no bounds, aoi is so lucky to have his family support his dream n in turn he too have a goal to provide a better life for his mother. hana-aoi dynamic is so cute i hope they become best of friends. real journey starts next ep i can't wait to see aoi run, fall, and rise in his journey to becoming the best player.
May 7, 2022 9:39 AM
Sep 2021
MegamiRem said:

Thats not predictable, every parent did that if they love their child

And also just being unpredictable doesnt gonna make a show become great, go watch Syamalan Movies
May 7, 2022 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Reed_of_PC said:
MegamiRem said:

Thats not predictable, every parent did that if they love their child

And also just being unpredictable doesnt gonna make a show become great, go watch Syamalan Movies
Everything in this episode was nothing outside your usual farwell episode but it still managed to deliver and that's why I said it was emotional. Also if u have the brain to understand that being unpredictable doesn't always make it good then surely u also understand that being predictable doesn't always make it bad either.
May 7, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2021
FUCK I really cried because of that letter, it's something that I feel some attachment too and you gotta make your parents proud in the end.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 7, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2022
turtleinshell said:
This was probably the best episode of any anime this season so far, and that's standing next to the likes of Ya Boy Kongming and Spy x Family. You don't have to kill someone off to have an emotional moment in a show, and, especially this soon into a series, it's rare to see a show pull off a tear jerker really well without killing a character off or inserting some cheesy melodrama. It's a shounen, which make this episode a bit strange, because I feel like it hits home the most with anyone that has gone to college or moved away from home after college for work, and have thus had those teary goodbyes with their parents before. They covered some of the subtleties of the emotions and expressions and actions involved in that process really well, which is in part why I think this episode is so good.

actually the manga of this anime is classified as seinen
May 7, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2020
To anyone that has been through this proccess of leaving your close ones behind, it's impossible not to see yourself in Ashito's place.
Congratulations to each and everyone involved in this work, they nailed every single detail of an emotional good-bye.
What an incredible episode... It brought back so many memories.
May 7, 2022 10:34 AM
Apr 2021
I cried this episode is very close to me as my parents make lots of sacrifices so that i grow as an athlete
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.