Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 6, 2022 7:58 PM

Feb 2020
Ya Boy Shirogane!
Really fun rap episode, the special ed is so stylish, and I like it!!
May 6, 2022 8:00 PM

Mar 2018
The production quality of this episode was magnificent!

Loved everyone's raps, Hayasaka best as always.
May 6, 2022 8:05 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, what the fuck did I just watch? LMAO. Easily the most random segment in all Kaguya-sama till date. PARIPI MIYUKI!
And not to mention they even managed to fit some character development for Hayasaka in all this nonsense xD Simply amazing.

10/5 episode. Direction was just pure insanity and that special ED tho. Miyuki & Ishigami > BTS any day.
Damn, now I need a gif of Ishigami break-dancing like there is no tomorrow.
Joey-XD19202 said:
Ishigami doing tricks.

XXXing brilliant! Thank you so much for this.
May 6, 2022 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
Great episode as always and whats with these GODLY endings they aRe making. Yeah the faces were kinda distored( even cursed lmao), but the animation was so DAMN GOOD!!! Also my boy Ishigami dancing like there is no tomorrow!!!!!
May 6, 2022 8:24 PM

Feb 2021
To be honest it was another okay episode this week. I enjoyed the first and second season, but the third one is off to a bad start. It may just be me, but the humor is getting repetitive and has been less funny so far.

But I always appreciate more Hayasaka.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 6, 2022 8:24 PM

Oct 2018
Yes, I cringed a little. But this is a damn good episode. Holy shit!

May 6, 2022 8:40 PM
Feb 2022
This episode was so amazing. You can feel the passion pouring out from the screen. A-1 Pictures is doing an amazing job with this adaptation, glad to see so much passion and dedication from a studio in 2022.
May 6, 2022 8:50 PM

Jan 2020
It's funny that this wasn't even the only rap episode this week for seasonals.

The change in the ending was brilliant

May 6, 2022 9:07 PM
Dec 2018
I love that Bohemian Rhapshody reference.
May 6, 2022 9:08 PM

Jun 2019
Man... LMAO. This fucking episode. It was so corny but funny at the same time. Loved it. They expressed their feelings through rap and they were also doing a great job. I feel for Hayasaka. Also, Chika's misconceptions. LOL. And, the second part was just as funny and relatable as the first one. I love this show so much.

Also, the new ED with them rapping was great.
May 6, 2022 9:21 PM
Dec 2019
Might honestly be my favorite episode of the whole series.
May 6, 2022 9:22 PM
Aug 2021
I love everything about this show :)
May 6, 2022 9:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Even after having it spoiled for me by a manga reader, that was definitely one of the best rap bits I’ve seen in an anime lol, it was great to see Shirogane’s evolution and I love how it ended up being about Hayasaka near the end, the amount of her in this season has been very pleasing as a believer of Hayasaka supremacy lol. But man the entire thing was great, I also liked what I think was a Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody” reference by Kaguya, and of course I loved the curse words thrown in.

And not only that but Maki had a great part in this episode, I’m really enjoying her relationship with Shirogane and Ishigami and that last part where she said they were her friends was really wholesome, with a perfect Kaguya reaction to go with it. Also the part where the two of them were imagining the other with their crushes really got me lol.

And wow that was a very good ED, interesting art style change and it looked very cool, the song was great as well. I’m definitely a bigger fan of the original ED but I’ll take that for the rap focused episode.
May 6, 2022 9:49 PM

Jun 2021
Chika finally dropping the F-Bombs we knew she's been holding in.
May 6, 2022 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
That rap was totally unexpected, and totally dope—it even beat Paripi Koumei at it in the same week. This season might just be a masterpiece...
May 6, 2022 10:25 PM
Mar 2022
episode 5 is really good, plus the ED is good too, the best episode so far for season 3, I can't stop laughing when I watch it
May 6, 2022 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
Is this the season of rap? We want an anime collab rap battle with Aharen, Kongming and Miyuki.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 6, 2022 10:55 PM

Nov 2017
Lmfao I watched this episode on my lunch break at work and I couldn’t stop fucking laughing at this episode. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed this hard at an anime at least not when it was intentionally funny.
May 6, 2022 10:57 PM

May 2018
A-1 surely all out on this things. That's a sensational rap episode man. I don't know if it is on purpose or not, but I already hearing 3 raps from different anime this season, all of them was very good.

Highlight to Hayasaka that finally spitting everything that burden her. Yeah, Kaguya must know how much she already done for her.
May 6, 2022 11:12 PM

Aug 2014
The rap scene is fantastic. I really enjoyed them lol. It is well directed and enjoyable
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 6, 2022 11:31 PM
Apr 2018
At this point, we need to clear this. RANK THIS AS NUMBER 1 SHOW ON MAL. The way this show is adapted, and all the elements, shows THE DEDICATION & EFFORTS in making this show.
May 6, 2022 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
Worst episode so far in the entire series. I don't like rap and also jokes this time were unfunny for me.

In Paripi Koumei rap scenes were much more enjoyable.
May 6, 2022 11:51 PM

Sep 2011
This is one of my favourite episode lol, it was so funny.
May 7, 2022 12:07 AM

Sep 2017
Did anyone else notice the Bohemian Rhapsody reference?
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
May 7, 2022 12:57 AM
Jan 2017
WHOA WHOA WHOA RAP BATTLE SCENE,,
after i watch paripi koumei and kaguya sama at the same days,,
i feel like its bit connected, or maybe rap season on japan,,
i dont know,,
i enjoy both show,, best comedy one the season,,
9/10
May 7, 2022 1:00 AM
Jan 2017
Doutei-kun said:
At this point, we need to clear this. RANK THIS AS NUMBER 1 SHOW ON MAL. The way this show is adapted, and all the elements, shows THE DEDICATION & EFFORTS in making this show.

yeajh yeahh,, say that after you beat FMAB fans, they wont let any anime pass throught
May 7, 2022 1:01 AM
Mar 2021
Ep 5 is a big W 🤝🤣
May 7, 2022 1:12 AM

Nov 2021
That special ED was the icing on the cake of one of the best episodes so far
May 7, 2022 1:16 AM

May 2015
This is literally a perfect adaptation. Like people say that about Demon Slayer, but this is even better. They go above and beyond with every episode. This is probably the best episode of the show so far too. Just perfection.

May 7, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2015
AnotherGuy said:
This show has been stretched so thin at this point that you can see through it. The comedy is a shadow of what it once was. They just keep rehashing the same jokes over and over, it's become rare for me to actually laugh during an episode. Also, the (by design) lack of development of any kind means that there's not even any romance to fall back on when the comedy misses the point.

If there was at least some romantic development it could lead to new situations and new opportunities for comedy, but it seems like the writer would rather keep making the same thing over and over instead of trying something new.

A side note: notice how they've been introducing more and more new characters as the series goes on? That's what many authors do to spice a comedy series up without having to alter the status quo for the current characters. IMO it's not working here.

Biggest L post in this entire thread lmao.

May 7, 2022 1:21 AM
Jun 2015
astralkill00 said:
This is such a weird but enjoyable episode.
However, I didn't get much hyped about their rapping as I don't know much about it. It would've been nice if every action they took had a BGMs.
Still, I'm glad if Herthaka or Hayasaca really and finally understood her own feelings through their rapping earlier. Chika is really cute rapping though, I missed her rap but we didn't get much rap out of Kaguya... (。ノω\。)

P.S. The new ED is kinda bad as I didn't get any clue what they were trying to "convey" (unless there's an English sub soon) but watching the 4 of them on stage in 3D CGI isn't as great as I hoped they could be. It was average for me.

P.S.#2 The new ED we finally got is probably for this episode only like Chika's rap and dance from S1. I wonder if it is inspired by Liella!'s NonFiction song. .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

P.S.#3 Yup, I also adored Maki's character as well as her wonderful voice.

Uhh the ED was animated 2D... maybe you're watching too much cgi Sad
May 7, 2022 1:25 AM
Aug 2020
Here I say it, Love is war is the face of Modern Rom-com.
May 7, 2022 1:31 AM
Apr 2022
this show is balls
May 7, 2022 2:00 AM

Sep 2018
Three separate rap sequences in seasonal anime in the last couple weeks, Kaguya Sama, Aharen San and Kongming. What are the chances?
May 7, 2022 2:07 AM

Jun 2020
Fucking amazing. This exceeds my expectations. My favorite episode from this season so far.

5/5

May 7, 2022 2:22 AM
Jan 2014
I was just imagening, what the voice actors thought when they first saw that script^^

And just imagine how much fun the dub voice for Shirogane will have with this banger xDDD

BTW, as I voted there were 17 people that hated this episode... like honestly even if you dislike "rappu" the sheer energy and commitment of this ep including that banger ending is just breathtaking!
May 7, 2022 2:49 AM

Oct 2015
Best episode from this series as in anime form. Oh man I will go crqzy because it will definitely getting better from here.
May 7, 2022 2:53 AM

Feb 2022
The ending was so smooth and amazing
2023 :

May 7, 2022 3:24 AM

Sep 2021
EPIKKKKKKKKXXX EPISODE
May 7, 2022 3:33 AM

Jul 2020
This is really a solid sollid episode.

Chika saying motherfucker is heaven!!!
May 7, 2022 4:33 AM

Apr 2021
This rap episode is so sick! From visuals to character developments and progress, it was so lit ngl. Shijo Maki's part is satisfying as well. The developments are just so lovely!

The ED solely for this episode is a shocker as well. I can see that Love is War is going to top the charts for this week.

May 7, 2022 4:51 AM
Jun 2017
Ishigami, shirogane and maki all in one room and having same experiences in love, and the hypocrisy of Ishigami and Shirogane giving some advice to her... hahahaha

and i also love that rap episode
May 7, 2022 4:56 AM
Sep 2015
The ending OMG! beautiful
May 7, 2022 5:10 AM

Nov 2018
Amazing episode, one of my favorites of the series so far.

Eminem's been quiet since the ED dropped.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 7, 2022 5:35 AM
May 2021
Glad people enjoyed this episode,but it was not for me tho,i just can't stand characters expressing their feelings through music.My least favorite episode so far 3/5.
May 7, 2022 5:45 AM
Apr 2022
This was my favorite episode of the series so far, I loved Chika's rapping (Chika swearing arc?), and even Shirogane's was good as well. Kaguya's rapping, even though it was unintentional, was pretty good as well. I honestly liked everyone's rapping, everyone did a pretty good job, and the VAs are really good, and they most likely were having fun with this episode (along with others, but mostly this episode.

Ngl, when I saw Maki, I got kinda nervous. I like Nagisa and Tsubane as a couple so I don't really want her to date Tsubane (though he would most likely reject her, seeing as how bad the poor girl is at love.) but I do want her to date somebody. She isn't my favori5e character (I mostly dislike her for trying to date Tsubane, since I'm pretty sure he has a healthy realtionship, and plus he's already dating someone) but I do feel like she deserves to have a boyfriend. It's honestly kinda sad that someone can be so bad at love.

ED is an absoulte banger, definitely beats Chika dance (I love it and all but there's no denying it beats that), also the animation on that ED is just pure gold. Like, it's so good, A1 Pictures is putting more and more effort in this series and it's a really nice thing. (Budget is also getting higher and higher and it's a really popular series as well but it's all done by the people who work for A1, so it's good to know there's employees doing a good job and are skilled animators.)
May 7, 2022 6:06 AM

Feb 2018
It somehow gets even better with every episode, amazing.
May 7, 2022 6:08 AM

Mar 2020
what did I just watch ?
check out odd taxi
May 7, 2022 6:26 AM

Mar 2020
The rap was funny AF, one of the best episode so far
nice
May 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Feb 2014
To think in a space of barely a week, we got rapping segments from Aharen-San, Ya Boy Konming! and now Kaguya-Sama. Seriously, what are the odds of that happening? XD

The whole rapping segment was excellent. Chika had to endure more pain from hearing Miyuki's "rapping" at first, which gave us a funny volume warning which almost killed her and she learnt rapping from him so that she can teach it to him so that he can learn from it better. Also, bonus points for Chika shouting "MotherfXXXer!!" as well. =P

The result? A great rapping song with Miyuki, Chika, Hayasaka and even Kaguya, who got involved as well. I won't blame anyone who would compare this rap battle to Kongming's battle and think which one is better. For me, both were simply amazing in their own right, so I'll leave it at that. =)

This episode had time to focus more on Maki, who was still having a hard time dealing with Nagisa and her boyfriend, Tubasa. It led to a funny conversation between her, Miyuki and Ishigami and they could all relate to one another. Kaguya chose that time to arrive once again and panicked as Miyuki now has another female friend in the form of Maki. Seriously though, the way Maki smiled while in-between Miyuki and Ishigami and calling those two friends of hers was adorable.

Lastly, the special ED animation was awesome, right up there with the Chika dance from season one. A great song and animation quality makes for something spectacular, that's for sure. ^_^
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.