Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2019
I like how this guy just went and call Naofumi party a harem. Well, can't say he is far from the truth.

Next week looks like there's going to be a fight, and sure enough this time they can finally kill that tortoise right

May 4, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2016
Now we know much more of the truth surrounding this whole incident. Just as Ost begins to regain the sum of her memories. Meeting the massive asshole Book Hero Kyo. The one who's been behind everything up till now, the one whom unleashed the spirit tortoise to start with. Not the most pleasant guy but an entertaining villain, definitely more interesting than the pope from season one. Kyo is just a crazy dude, off his rocker and then some. You know he's bad when Larc, Therese and Glass have come from their world to stop him from wrecking havoc. Kyo mouthing off to Naofumi like its nothing, definitely thinks very highly of himself since he knows what's really going on with Ost. We see her begin to piece it all together in her mind throughout the episode but it connects at the end when Kyo lays it out. She IS the spirit tortoise basically, not just a familiar but connected to its core making her essentially the spirit tortoise itself. Meaning she must die to stop it and stop Kyo.
May 4, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Nobody saw that coming at all.
May 4, 2022 9:01 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was alright. If Ost being a core was supposed to be a twist, I didn't get it at all.
Her appearance and introduction in the first place was very odd, so if she dies it's not that big a of deal. They should just kill her to stop the turtoise and worry about the other guy later.
May 4, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2020
Of course she was the core herself, just do something about her real quick and move on. Though i guess it won't be that straight, them right off killing her.
May 4, 2022 9:39 AM
Mar 2021
Destroying Heart = Destroying Core
Meeting Book Hero Illusion = Meeting actual Book Hero
Is it just me or we had the same reveal happened twice in the same episode. Even the Book Hero’s dialogue was almost the same for those two encounters.
May 4, 2022 9:46 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Naofumi meeting with L'arc and when this guy asked for a truce and for later they kill each other Naofumi refuses the proposal and discovers that Ost is himself turtle spirit
May 4, 2022 10:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite her role as a taker of souls Ost proved to her friends and allies that she can break free of her programming if given the chance. Just because you were created to be a familiar doesn't mean that you can feel feelings. Given the animosity between them an alliance was never an option but at least both parties are able to proceed separately. Im really liking the bonds thats forming between Rishia and Ost though. It was nice seeing the girls feel the same way as well. Still that made their assault on the heart ever harder because of the damage that is done to her as well when they're attacked. Im glad that in the end Ost didn't perish but looks like Naofumi and team will be in for a hard fight against the culprit. The revelation about Ost's true identity really added to the tension as well and would serve to make their upcoming battle a much harder hurdle as well. Hopefully L'arc's team will have much more of a role within the battle Next week.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2021
06:55 Even Naofumi need to talk to Raphtalia about Glass's new look. She is slaying.
May 4, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
I did expect Naofumi to turn down L'arc and his team's offer to work together and for this part, that was probably the right call for him to make. While L'arc's team were tricked all too easily by the book hero, Kyo, Ost's guidance led Naofumi's team to Kyo and we saw how much of an arrogant bastard he is.

The team makes quick work of the tortoise's "heart" which didn't make Ost disappear. Instead, she ended up regaining her memories and guides the team to the true core of the tortoise, or rather, thank to Kyo spelling it out, Ost was the core of the spirit tortoise all along, which led to Kyo using the power of hindsight to taunt Naofumi's team for not knowing sooner.

Those cheap attacks aside, it was pretty clear that Ost wasn't going to be killed off earlier and that she still has an important part to play with what remains of this arc. Overall, this episode was rather good and an improvement over the earlier episodes of this arc.
May 4, 2022 10:33 AM
Jun 2020
What a plottwist, Ost has to be killed. Turns out, that's why she said "kill me" in the first (?) episode. Shocker...
May 4, 2022 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well seems like they need to defeat Ost to defeat the turtle since she's the core of it... I don't care about her tbh so they better do that quickly xD
May 4, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2019
Based on the adaptation speed so far, next episode should be the last of the Spirit Tortoise arc.
They managed to adapt 2 whole volumes in 6 episodes!
In comparison season 1 was: 5 episodes for a volume.

If they keep up this speed they're gonna butcher the New World arc too...
May 4, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2021
Maybe it's just me, but I don't care about a single character in this show.
May 4, 2022 11:35 AM
Apr 2022
It's official. Shield hero s2 is turning or maybe already became like TPN s2

May 4, 2022 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
CeoofGoodTaste said:

Dont exgerate it is not happening like that at all
May 4, 2022 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
They made me chuckle pretty good when she was like "yeah, I'm fine, not that it is a good thing tho", Naofumi knows what's up and is wondering about the hottest girl in the series and her outfit.
May 4, 2022 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
kicking rishia would bring the world happiness

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 4, 2022 12:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Alright so big dilemna here. Kill Ost and lose a new member of the harem, or let her live and sacrifice countless lives as the Tortoise continues to run rampant? Decisions decisions.

Oh geez I do wonder if they're going to inexplicably come up with a compromise which stops the Tortoise as well as keeping Ost alive. There's no way they'd be able to accomplish such a seemingly impossible task... right?

For real though I am looking forward to the next episode to see how Naofumi handles this

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 4, 2022 1:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Shield Hero has come face to face with the Book vassal hero Kyo Ethnina after meeting up with L' Arc, Glass, and Therese. Kyo is the one who came to Raphtalia's world and broke the seal of the Spirit Tortoise. After slashing the heart, the Spirit Tortoise still doesn't die as Ost Hourai is still standing. Ost guides the Shield Hero's party to the core where Kyo was waiting for them only to reveal that Ost was the core of the Spirit Tortoise all along.

I found it funny when Kyo called Naofumi's party a harem. No wonder the Spear Hero is jealous because Naofumi is always surrounded by women like he's the real harem king.
May 4, 2022 1:53 PM
Nov 2018
I don't want to be one of those guys who write "Hey guys, is this show any good?" as if they can't be bothered to check for themselves.

But I did check, the whole first season. I liked it but became disappointed from around the time they fought a friggin' dinosaur. And I thought the ending with the colored waves was bizarre.

So I have to ask, is season 2 better?

I have heard that Arifureta 2 is better than the first season, maybe I should watch that one too. For the first season I just remember all the fun everyone had trashing it in the forum.
May 4, 2022 1:56 PM

Feb 2022
Well this episode was slightly better than prior, including established characters and conflict helps to a degree but I'm still struggling to care about Ost and this very cliche reveal.

Not sure what to think of the book guy since we didn't see much of his power, just his arrogance and nonsense. Curious where we go from here though.
DroebieMay 4, 2022 1:59 PM
May 4, 2022 2:50 PM
Dec 2017
Hegar said:
I don't want to be one of those guys who write "Hey guys, is this show any good?" as if they can't be bothered to check for themselves.

But I did check, the whole first season. I liked it but became disappointed from around the time they fought a friggin' dinosaur. And I thought the ending with the colored waves was bizarre.

I have heard that Arifureta 2 is better than the first season, maybe I should watch that one too. For the first season I just remember all the fun everyone had trashing it in the forum.

You look at the ratings, and you have your answer. Ofc S2 is far worse. Imagine the worst parts of S1 with worse animation and direction, while the established characters have even less personality, and the "new" characters are irritating, and you get S2.

Although if you liked Arifueta, then you can watch this as well, and you will like it, because its literally hard to find worse trash isekai, than Arifueta, compared to that level this is enjoyable.
May 4, 2022 2:54 PM
Nov 2018
fenrirr2 said:
Hegar said:

You look at the ratings, and you have your answer. Ofc S2 is far worse. Imagine the worst parts of S1 with worse animation and direction, while the established characters have even less personality, and the "new" characters are irritating, and you get S2.

Although if you liked Arifueta, then you can watch this as well, and you will like it, because its literally hard to find worse trash isekai, than Arifueta, compared to that level this is enjoyable.

No, as I said, the fun part about Arifureta was trashing it in the forum. But I heard the second season was better. So maybe Shield Hero 2 would be better too. But I guess not. You'd think they'd have time between seasons to build it up. What a downfall from a good beginning that had everyone talking. Well, thank you for replying. I have too many anime to watch now anyway, suddenly. Two months of no anime and it builds up.
May 4, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2015
Just when you think this can't get any worse, a new episode appears
May 4, 2022 3:18 PM

Sep 2018

To think this may be the worst or at least bottom three currently airing anime that I'm watching right now lol. Around 20 anime. Hurry TF up with this spirit Tortoise BS and also get these lame, boring characters off my screen already, you garbage sequel.
May 4, 2022 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
I think it was already pretty clear the totise women was more that just your everyday familiar. Whatever, lets get some badass kick ass action happening next weeek!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 4, 2022 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
This arc isn't over/10
May 4, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
Unwatchable. There wasn't even any action to distract you from how bad this show is.
May 4, 2022 3:50 PM
Apr 2022
-ShadowClaw- said:
CeoofGoodTaste said:

Dont exgerate it is not happening like that at all

I'm not exaggerating.
May 4, 2022 5:05 PM
Apr 2022
They are still fighting and failing to kill the spirit tortoise, one of the most non threatening looking bosses out there. I'm half wishing they would just kill the tortoise lady already or she can just off herself for the sake of the end of this boring arc.
May 4, 2022 5:08 PM

Aug 2020
Either the source material for this arc was pure trash or the director for this season is mentally challenged
May 4, 2022 6:11 PM

Jul 2010
Sokah said:
Unwatchable. There wasn't even any action to distract you from how bad this show is.

Could not agree more. I skimmed through the episode just reading the dialogue. The writing is so bad.

ost then: we need to cut off its head
ost last time: actually the heart is in a cave.
ost now: I am the turtle

"she could not remember"

that is peak bad writing. memory loss driving the plot is terrible in fiction
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
May 4, 2022 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was so slow, it seems like anything didn't happen. But can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 4, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
"Why does glass look different" lmao Naofumi's asking the real questions.

This new villain reminds me of a side boss character. Like something you'd find in final fantasy or any other rpg. Well his attitude will make him fun to defeat.

There was some neat action in this episode but it just feels flat, and its all because the show rushed so fast into this story. Nothing was built up correctly so its not satisfying to watch. Believe me I know I'm kicking a dead horse with that statement but it's never going to stop being true. Oh no we got to kill Ost, oh well better kill her quickly that means we'll win faster. After you kill Ost, kick this book hero's ass. Kill the turtle girl, kick his ass in that order.
May 4, 2022 8:29 PM
Feb 2021
found myself checking how much time was left several times during this episode. sucks, but guess it's time to drop this one. any manga readers around? are following arcs any better?
May 4, 2022 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
Ost: Chop off it's head then it dies.
Ost: I just remembered that's not enough.
Ost: Destroy it's heart then it dies.
Ost: Jump in the hole then it dies.
Ost: I just remembered I am the turtle.

To quote Mauler: Who wrote this...?
May 4, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2015
Turtle Lady is my new favorite onee san character. But yea this season overall sucks. I want Nao fumi to just contract the turtle core to himself and move on!
Raven_WingzMay 4, 2022 11:25 PM
May 4, 2022 11:25 PM

Oct 2021
It will be hard to lose Ost, I already see her as part of Naofumi's party, but the sacrifice must be done
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
May 5, 2022 12:31 AM

Apr 2010
Okay, ignore the fact it wasn't the real heart and so on, but really, why didn't they attack the heart instead of talking to him for af few minutes? His body even wasn't there!

And... if Ost realized she's the core, why didn't she tell them before instead of lookiing guilty? Or is it only because she wanted to live, even if the troubles won't end...?

No one important had glasses until now, but the first important character is with glasses. What did people with glasses did to the writer....?

May 5, 2022 1:56 AM

Feb 2021
Honestly pretty decent episode, the white hair book dude is kinda meh and seems sorta pointless atm I mean what is his purpose in showing himself if that is not his ' real body' just to be annoying?
And Ost being the core is kinda surprising and a cool?
I see the next episode going 3 ways, they kill ost, and it ends. Or they kill OST and it doesn't end the book guy laughs and ridicules them again this time for falling for his ' trick' and killing their ' friend' it could also I kind of like/ hate this idea, but OST has the crest thing on her chest like a slave mark. So if Shield Hero could make her his slave it might overrule the connection and she would join his harem? This would be funnish. But unlikely cause I don't think he can do that without the slave merchant guy. 3rdly they do nothing in an attempt to save their freind. But OST gives herself up for the good of the world and the shield hero destroys the core. OST gets a bittersweet sweet send off as everyone cries but OST says something like. " So this is how I really save the world." and the episode ends we transition to the next arc with the book dude and L ' Arcs group. But I could be way off. Honestly this hasn't been a bad season yes it has been a bit of a let down but that is just cause expectations were high.
May 5, 2022 2:31 AM

Nov 2012
How can I describe this show... above bad but not even normal? like a 3.5/10

My Candies:

May 5, 2022 4:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah the guy who broke the seal was absolutely a wanted man even on another world. Interesting for Naofumi decision to not cooperate with them consider they might backstabbing Naofumi again from behind as the wave battle royale thingy still goin on. Ost Hourai slowly regain herself, and finally leading them into the real spot for them to destroy, only to find out that all the journey to the deepest depth kind of a waste of time and energy. Because, you just need to kill Hourai. But man the new dude way of speaking was kinda irritating. I am hoping Filo just kick his ass already without anymore blabbering. Additionally with all the interesting exposition this episode get, i think i can forgive the lack of tension this episode suppose to have. So yeah, being patience again till the next week, i can hold it all up ...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 5, 2022 6:27 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
It's already on episode 5 but damn this Tate no Yuusha Season 2 is so boring right now. Season 1 was decent wtf happened.
May 5, 2022 6:55 AM
Nov 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:

To think this may be the worst or at least bottom three currently airing anime that I'm watching right now lol. Around 20 anime. Hurry TF up with this spirit Tortoise BS and also get these lame, boring characters off my screen already, you garbage sequel.

How do you keep twenty anime in your head? My limit is maybe six in a week. I mean, I would have time to watch more, but it would feel like a chore. Gonna finish all twenty?
May 5, 2022 6:59 AM

Jul 2021
Well fuck. The only shocking thing that happened in all the 5 episodes combined. Really don't want Ost to go but guess they gonna have to kill her?

Anyway, that cliffhanger in last episode just turned out to be of no importance whatsover, the L'arc party and Naofumi party met, exhanged some words and parted, why even were we excited after last week's episode? What were we hoping for? Some badass fight between Naofumi and Glass?

Hated that over-dramatic scene where Raphtalia goes to slash the heart (which btw has stopped attacking for some reason) and then glances over to Ost and then gets teary-eyed, I just cringed after seeing that scene, IDK what's wrong with me.

This was still a pretty weak ass episode if compared to Season 1 but keeping in mind the standards of Season 2 so far, this was a 5/5 episode for me.

Still hoping that this gets better, I want the old Tate no Yuusha back.

Also, Ost=Mommy.
TsutanaiFuunMay 5, 2022 7:03 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 5, 2022 7:49 AM

Aug 2019
TigersAndDragons said:
Ost: Chop off it's head then it dies.
Ost: Destroy it's heart then it dies.
Ost: Jump in the hole then it dies.
Ost: I just remembered I am the turtle.

To quote Mauler: Who wrote this...?

Your list is incomplete. Next episode will help expand it.
May 5, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
I see Filo, I'm smiling :) She has the best kicks out there
May 5, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2020
damn i still can't get over how good glass looks

hearing autoroll is truly a pleasure

also cant stand that new guy with the white hair

May 5, 2022 11:55 AM
Jul 2020
The longer I get bored watching it

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

232 by FuchsiaBC »»
Apr 27, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.