Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 22, 2022 12:15 PM
Sep 2020
So happy tsundere-senpai finally appeared, she is one of the most liked girls in the fanbase for a reaso. Her dynamics with President and Ishigami are always peak
Apr 22, 2022 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't find it as funny as the last two episodes, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

That said, please some correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the quality of the drawings somewhat bad in this episode? I noticed quite a lot of bad proportions, especially with heads, and weird faces. Not bad enough that they detract from the enjoyment, but enough to be noticeable.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Apr 22, 2022 12:21 PM
Dec 2021
Finally!! A New Episode!!Nice ED song 10/10, as I said, every episode I will give a review!!

This episode also nice as always, every scene is very enjoyable, Tanuba and Kashiwagi couple is back! Lol for today her boyfriend is cheating but end up with misunderstanding, normal thing that will happened on every couple. I like the scene Iino listening to sus stuff to get her calm, and also the scene where Kaguya can't accept the reality that Karaokae place is actually a place where couple doing something sus. Last thing, me for the first time seeing they two(Tanuba & Kashiwagi) doing a instense kiss, for a long time, like that everyone blushes for that.

Shijou? She is familiar but I guess this is her first appearance in this series, she is Shinomiya's family? But I saw in myanimelist, she doesn't have the Shinomiya family name on her name. Ah yes, triangle love, I know she is just shy to confess to him or she know that he gonna reject automatically because he has a girlfriend. Lol, she is too confident also. Love the Kaguya reaction after know Shirogane is saying other girl is good.

Yes, Fujiwara game! I'm still don't understand how the game work, but it's entertain af, Shirogane win.

Okay bye, I need to sleep, today I'm school btw, for this eps, I give it still 11/10!!
Apr 22, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
Finally, Maki is properly introduced and it was a truly great introduction for one of my favourite characters from the manga: I hope we get a lot more of her and her interactions with Miyuki and Ishigami in the anime now that she has finally made a proper appearance.
Apr 22, 2022 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
This was one of the best in the entire series tbh. Season 3 has gotten off to such a good start, I’m so excited for whatever comes next
Apr 22, 2022 12:40 PM

Aug 2017
FlamepriesT said:
This episode was quality.
Tsundere-senpai / 10

Some haters are trying really hard to downvote this series, huh?
Nobody stilll watching it would genuinely rate this episode 1/5, let alone this quickly.

The episode wasn't even available on Crunchyroll, but 4 votes were already cast in the "Hated it" option...

GreyratAnimelist said:
hey! I want to know who was the third persion in coin game(chika's Question) who love someone. I am fine with spoiler.

and one more question in Ishigami's Question is it Chika who turned coin Yes?

DiegoNCApr 22, 2022 12:44 PM
Apr 22, 2022 12:48 PM

Sep 2020
waiting for the next episode again is the greatest torture
Apr 22, 2022 12:58 PM

Apr 2018
I remember reading this part in the manga. Well, Maki's introduction was pretty good and the whole cheating thing was pretty funny. Chika's games were much better though.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 22, 2022 1:08 PM
Oct 2020
Ishigami’s words of wisdom
Apr 22, 2022 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
holy shit that kiss.. the couple really went all out with tongues and spit..

This was a damn great episode.. 1st half was extremely funny and 2nd half was a bit cheesy and forced but enjoyable nonetheless..
Apr 22, 2022 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
The first 2 story arcs weren't great, the third one was amazing tho
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Apr 22, 2022 2:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dimmock said:
I know I said it last week but I cannot stress enough how much the ending being a starship troppers tribute/parody warms my heart. love seeing one of my top three films getting some love from another show I adore.

What a great fun episode, the coin game was pure evil lol

That ED is worth an extra point in the final score. It's so incredibly random yet just perfect fit that they added Starship Troopers to it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2022 2:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
SMACK SMACK SLURP SLURP

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 22, 2022 2:26 PM

Dec 2013
A bit of a meh episode for me but liked Maki a lot, she cute.
Apr 22, 2022 2:38 PM

Dec 2014
Loved the 10 yen game, it was hilarious. Miyuki swapping out the coin to outwit Kaguya. He should've just asked Kaguya's question back at her and he might've gotten but he chose to be indirect about it which ended up being his own undoing since the other two answered positively. xD

The final scene was very cute.
Apr 22, 2022 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
So which chapter do you start the manga after the 3rd episode of season 3?
Apr 22, 2022 3:03 PM

Jan 2021
Imagine hating Ishigami all my homies like Ishigami
Apr 22, 2022 3:13 PM
Apr 2021
PEAK. Loved it. Comedy was a tier. Love the op and ed as well
Apr 22, 2022 3:23 PM
Oct 2018
Not gonna lie, the first segment of the episode was kinda annoying to me - distrust is not cool, and i dont like it to be encouraged - especially on Kaguya's side.
Maki was interesting and the similarities between her and Kaguya are funny - but i dont like housewrecking either.
The last segment was funny and heartwarming though, just as it should be.
So overall this episode was just ok, but i thought that the first two was excellent so i does have hope for a great season :)
Apr 22, 2022 3:32 PM

Mar 2021
Ishigami carried, and I liked the coin game! Iino was cute too.

I think Maki is very meh, the shark tooth doesn't help either... but I guess we'll see what she's like in the future

Apr 22, 2022 3:32 PM

Mar 2021
Nikolai_Yezhov said:
'Group date' and 'cheating' humour can be fun but the ones here make many characters feel like a bunch of annoying narcissists than anything.
I agree, I kinda dislike Kashiwagi after this... damn self-absorbed yandere
MonkeyDJoni said:
Not gonna lie, the first segment of the episode was kinda annoying to me - distrust is not cool, and i dont like it to be encouraged - especially on Kaguya's side.
Especially over something as simple as hanging out with his female-friends. I hate that segment

Apr 22, 2022 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
It's amazing how much Kaguya and Kashiwagi were in sync with the topic of cheating. I felt bad for Iino during that scene.

Maki really was cute with how much her emotions were all over the place.

It wasn't surprising that Fujiwara was trying to cheat but Ishigami also trying to cheat surprised me a little.
Apr 22, 2022 3:56 PM
Apr 22, 2022 3:58 PM
Jul 2021
So I'm going to direct an romance anime today... what Am I supposed to do? put some random shitty censorship at an kissing scene? YEAH, sounds perfect to me. Congratulations Omata Shinichi sensei. Get it on
Apr 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Aug 2020
That was so close, Shirogane and Kaguya both wins in this one

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 22, 2022 4:45 PM
Nov 2019
CrisGer_San_AA said:
I am a bit sad about this third season. I was looking forward to it of course as the 1 and 2 seasons were great, differnt from the Manga but still great.

but this one seems a new and for me unfortunate direction. It has a kinetic, loud and forced feeling to it, like a new director is trying to put his mark on it. I wish and hope it will settle down and become more of what it should be but at t his point, frankly and I never thought i would say this, i am close to dropping it.

the story is there, the manga has laid the path clear and much can be done and wonders unveiled but at this point, i kind of cringe to think of some of the story being done in this overblown manner. Please please be a odd detour that will be corrected. From the poll lit looks like may be others feel the same. I will hope for better

I can sort off see what you mean Last episode had the robotic voices to Ishigami and Miko, and the singing at the karaoke, which I thought were funny and overall good additions but this episode kind of went overboard. The way the scenes with Nagisa and Kami in the council room especially.
Apr 22, 2022 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
I feel so bad for Maki, she suffers way too much.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Apr 2017
Wow, the first segment left such a bad taste in my mouth, especially Shinomiya. It kinda killed the character for me. It's ok to cheat on her because she was slightly annoying? That's fucked up. Also felt so bad for the boyfriend for having such a shitty girlfriend that doubts and hire investigator to tail him etc.

What a complete garbage and tasteless segment that has zero funny in it.
Apr 22, 2022 5:34 PM
Jun 2019
We finally see who has been stalking Kashiwagi and her boyfriend, Tanuma, ever since they started dating. That
There definitely is a similarity between Maki and Kaguya, especially with their "Huh?" and trashing their friend (don't know much about Nagisa and Maki) at a moment's notice. Maybe it runs in the Shinomiya bloodline or something.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Apr 22, 2022 5:37 PM

Jan 2020
I thought this was one of the strongest episodes to date, and definitely my favorite of the season, so far.

The short cameo of Chika giving Shirogane rap lessons was amazing. She's still raising her boy in the background while everything else is going on.

And, the coin-switching thing reminded me of how the series originally was with the back and forth reversals of Kaguya and Shirogane trying to get the jump on one another. I loved it.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 22, 2022 5:37 PM
Jun 2019
Xystus said:
Wow, the first segment left such a bad taste in my mouth, especially Shinomiya. It kinda killed the character for me. It's ok to cheat on her because she was slightly annoying? That's fucked up. Also felt so bad for the boyfriend for having such a shitty girlfriend that doubts and hire investigator to tail him etc.

I don't know man, I found it quite funny because of how overexaggerated it kinda was. It had me laughing out loud many times since it was so ridiculous. But at least we FINALLY got introduced to the girl who kept stalking Nagisa and her boyfriend.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Apr 22, 2022 6:12 PM

Sep 2020
The first half is really funny~I've never heard of the 10 dollar coin game, and it's looks really fun and interesting. And that last scene with Shinomiya is so great!
Apr 22, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
This show is so damn funny. And the animation is so fluent. I liked my dress up darling as much as the next guy, but love is war absolutely blows it away
Apr 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Oct 2018
kei78 said:
Goddamnit. They are skipping the rap god training...

Sigh .. i wanted to see Karen today... At least we got cute Maki

Actually I don't think they're skipping it. The background rapping was part of the chapter.
Apr 22, 2022 6:44 PM

Feb 2021
That was kind of an 'okay episode'. Last one was definitely better, but okay. I got a couple of good smile and chuckles here and there, but overall pretty forgettable. Here's hoping next week will be a blast.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 22, 2022 6:49 PM

Feb 2021
Xystus said:

I don't think Shinomiya means it's okay to cheat on her, but rather she's so annoying that no wonders that he might want to.

But I agree with you about the first segment being tasteless. The jokes aren't funny.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 22, 2022 7:16 PM

Jul 2016
That boy has no idea what kind of girl his girlfriend is. Honestly, of the few occasions I can actually agree with Iino.

And damn, Maki's character was finally introduced but she's practically tsundere Kaguya on steroids D:
Apr 22, 2022 7:45 PM

Sep 2020
It is interesting to see the Kaguya bloodline does have similar tendencies no matter how distant. I thought the part with the Maki was a little weaker than the rest but I'm wondering how it is going to turn out. The cheating thing and its conclusion were funny though.

The 10 yen coin game was exhilarating though. I always love the way this show makes the most cliche of things exciting, trying to figure out who's using what coin only to find out everyone was cheating. Kaguya placing her coin down at the end of the episode too, ooh that was good.

I cannot wait for the next episode.

Apr 22, 2022 8:14 PM

Aug 2019
Some funny comparisons of Shinomiya and Iino handing love advise vs Shirogane and Ishigami. Nagisa's character sure has expanded and her over complications of certain events with her bf makes me worry about his safety, but what was also concerning was how Shinomiya was on the same wave length as her 90% of the time. I did find Iino curling into a ball and putting on her "comfort playlist" while they made it out like she was the weird one quite funny. Although Nagisa is most definitely a red flag in more then one place, but red is my favourite colour so fair play to her bf.

On the other side of the spectrum Shirogane and Ishigami consulate Maki who seems to swing moods faster then a pendulum. Maki faces the issue of a rivalry for Nagisa's boyfriend, puts both the poor lads into a state of chaos, guilt trips Shirogane to thinking he was the cause for teaching Nagisa's boyfriend the "wall slam" move, then decides she'll steal him instead. Honestly i feel like if you managed to steal Nagisa's bf and make it out both alive thats an achievement in itself.
Either way i feel like the entire council lost in some way after witnessing Nagisa and her boyfriend make out.

The second half was great, probably closest we've gotten so far with either Shinomiya or Shirogane admitting to one another. Swapping coins was pretty big brain from Shirogane and could of flipped the table if only two other individuals unsurprisingly didn't do the same thing. Gotta hand it to Iino thou always playing fair by the games rules.
Apr 22, 2022 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
Dont get me wrong, this has still been very good so far, but is it just me or does something just feel a bit off about this season so far? IDK, the jokes just arent hitting for me
Apr 22, 2022 8:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As always, loved it, once again a lot of great bits, and some returning characters, Kashiwagi coming back for advice and the difference in reactions from Kaguya and Iino were hilarious, and the group’s reaction to the kiss was great as well. We also kinda “met” Maki for the first time, she’s always appeared before but I think this is the first time we’ve gotten to learn more about her, interesting how she’s related to Kaguya too, I really liked her interactions with Shirogane and Ishigami lol, she also definitely radiates a bit of Kaguya energy like Shirogane thought.

And the final bit with the ten yen coin game was awesome, I’ve never heard of that one but it made for excellent moments, poor Ishigami and Iino asking self depreciating questions but they ended up being wholesome with the reactions, and the final part using the years to tell who’s coin was who’s was clever but turns out most of them were doing that lol. Also 1972, 50 years ago this year, nice. I definitely don’t know that because I’m a Grateful Dead fan lol.

And man now that I’ve heard the ED a 2nd time, the song has grown on me and I really love it, definitely still loving those visuals too. And the OP has grown on me too, that’s a jam right there.
Apr 22, 2022 8:46 PM
Apr 2014
Ah yes welcome to suffering Maki

Apr 22, 2022 8:48 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
wooooooo our resident lonely girl has arrived lol. Also the editing in this one was super wacky and fun, loved it.

Apr 22, 2022 8:57 PM

May 2018
So, while Nagisa is on girl member side, Maki now join the boy member side huh ? Interesting. And it's hillarious how Kaguya still can't forget that karaoke incident between Shirogane and Hayasaka.

On random note, am I the only one who randomly search for japan law number 770 after Iino mention about it ?
Apr 22, 2022 9:11 PM

Sep 2015
Weakest episode yet for me, I didn't find any of this funny. The first segment about having the assumption of the boyfriend cheating on her, was rather annoying with her dialogues.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 22, 2022 9:17 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
This show keeps getting better holy god. Maki's proper intro was so much better than I could have ever imagined I was legit crying the entire way through, THEN IT WENT 3D. My god, the next Maki scene is going to be godly I can just tell. Legit this might be the greatest anime ever made, and the upcoming culture festival arc is gonna cement it in godhood.
Apr 22, 2022 9:18 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Stuffed_goat said:
It is interesting to see the Kaguya bloodline does have similar tendencies no matter how distant. I thought the part with the Maki was a little weaker than the rest but I'm wondering how it is going to turn out. The cheating thing and its conclusion were funny though.

The 10 yen coin game was exhilarating though. I always love the way this show makes the most cliche of things exciting, trying to figure out who's using what coin only to find out everyone was cheating. Kaguya placing her coin down at the end of the episode too, ooh that was good.

I cannot wait for the next episode.

Bruh how can you say that, Maki's scene was easily the best of S3 so far cmon lets fight
Apr 22, 2022 9:34 PM

Aug 2020
This was actually such an amazing episode, since I have read the manga to the latest already just 2 weeks ago. I just expected less from the anime 'cause I already know what's gonna happen and stuff, but to be honest I didn't feel bored watching this at all I giggled watching it
It was inevitable...
Apr 22, 2022 10:05 PM
Jan 2021
CrisGer_San_AA said:
I am a bit sad about this third season. I was looking forward to it of course as the 1 and 2 seasons were great, differnt from the Manga but still great.

but this one seems a new and for me unfortunate direction. It has a kinetic, loud and forced feeling to it, like a new director is trying to put his mark on it. I wish and hope it will settle down and become more of what it should be but at t his point, frankly and I never thought i would say this, i am close to dropping it.

the story is there, the manga has laid the path clear and much can be done and wonders unveiled but at this point, i kind of cringe to think of some of the story being done in this overblown manner. Please please be a odd detour that will be corrected. From the poll lit looks like may be others feel the same. I will hope for better

i'm so glad someone else feels this way. there were times in the last 2 seasons where I would uncontrollably laugh out loud but this season, every episode has me watching it with a blank face. like you said, the humour seems too forced and doesn't hit the same way :/
Apr 22, 2022 11:40 PM
Feb 2019
Animation is awesome, the humorous scenes hit the spot. Best season of Kaguya-sama so far. 9.5/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.