Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2022 4:32 AM
Dec 2020
Dzentelmen2 said:
I felt like the opening already hinted at Avan coming back but I was still hoping that it wouldn't happen. All the comebacks in this series have been annoying. The bad guys always have to do something heroic before they die and the heroes always have to come back from the dead. Though in this case it feels like there will be some kind of bullshit where Avan is on borrowed time, came back to save them and will die again. The animation was nice.

It's astonishing to me how you are criticizing it based on assumptions.
You are assuming that Avan is gonna Dai again so, for you, him coming back was a bad move in the first place.
Also, every character that was (assumed) dead returned with a very good explanation.
Pop was revived by the dragon blood, Avans return is gonna be explained next episode so he didn't die in the first place, hell we didnt even see him die or saw his body!
On the contrary, we have Baran who was a major and one of the most beloved charachter get killed off.
So, you have your opinion and I have mine, most anime watchers believe this was one of the greatest anime episodes ever.
Apr 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Nov 2020
I totally agree with you! When I did read this moment for the first time, I could not believe what was happening! Is truly one of my favourite moment of the manga/anime, and the anime staff has done it fantastic.

Avan is a prominent and constant figure in the story, even after his "death" in episode 5, the story always revolved around him. The tecnique of Avan, the book of Avan, when Avan did that, etc, and in this episode, this happen! My favourite Plot twist ever.

Also, i recommend to re-watch that moment in episode 5, it can be seen an important detail.
-Hyunckel-Apr 20, 2022 5:47 AM
Apr 20, 2022 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, Master Avan is alive!
I absolutely did not see this coming at all, wow.
Apr 21, 2022 9:24 AM
Apr 2022
potofresco said:
What a fucking glorious episode this was, reminder that this anime has a 7.15 on this website, that's how good the rating system is.

It’s really so shameful of this website to have an unfair rate for Dai series it’s really great story and so emotional with great characters.. but still no increase 💔
Apr 21, 2022 9:27 AM
Apr 2022
Hilooooo said:
anyone else think this show deserves a better score? I feel like this is rated way too low for what it is. This episode was great and the ones leading up to it were great as well maybe once it finishes it will go up by a lot just like black clover.

Yes of course most of people see that Dai series deserves hight score .. it’s really strange that only Dai that has a remaining score even after we reached the best part and Arc of the story ! Other shows will increase once they reached the best part .. but not Dai ! 💔
Apr 21, 2022 10:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Rukawa-dunk said:
Hilooooo said:
anyone else think this show deserves a better score? I feel like this is rated way too low for what it is. This episode was great and the ones leading up to it were great as well maybe once it finishes it will go up by a lot just like black clover.

Yes of course most of people see that Dai series deserves hight score .. it’s really strange that only Dai that has a remaining score even after we reached the best part and Arc of the story ! Other shows will increase once they reached the best part .. but not Dai ! 💔

Well that's because only a handful of us are watching it right now, you can expect the score to increase once it finishes airing and people start binge watching it.
Apr 21, 2022 7:05 PM

Dec 2018
Hilooooo said:

i was really getting burned out, didn't even care about the fights, but this episode was glorious and made me feel things again. I could tell hadlar was changing for a while and i guess the chess pieces really foreshadowed a redemption but this was just so well done it was really beautiful.

i mean, one of the things about shounen is that i can put it on and some episodes i can grind an rpg while watching and miss basically nothing just look back every 10 seconds and not much really changed, you get to know when something important is coming but this episode i ate a massive burrito i made for dinner in less than a minute i got so enthralled.
and what's this about reaper dude saying popp has more potential is he gonna go SuperSagen3 at the end? his development is really the best in this show by far, even if he's a whiny brat from time to time like it's NGE
StateofOhayoApr 21, 2022 7:14 PM
Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
1gnore me, I'm doing what I want..!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 10, 2022 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
This episode.. an absolute masterpiece.. I'm glad i didn't get spoiled all those years i waited for the anime to return.. and i was rewarded with this shonen greatness, the best episode in the show and one of the best in all anime.
May 12, 2022 12:51 PM

Sep 2021
Little late to the party, but this has to be up there as one of the best episodes of any anime I've ever watched. This show was getting good, but I was not expecting this quality. I was balling when Popp couldn't leave Hadlar behind. Also, Avan returning and Hadlar's final monologue. This episode was a treat!
May 24, 2022 7:33 AM

Nov 2018
WHAT A FUCKING BEAUTIFUL EPISODE!!! I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT MAN.

I'm glad I took a break from this show to let some episodes build up, emotion after emotion since 68, it's been great.

Shame, this series should get more attention in the west but at the same time I feel like we're part of a medium or smaller niche when it comes to ongoing anime at the moment.
Jul 28, 2022 2:57 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god... I'm speechless.
This has to be one of the best Episode of Dragon Quest Dai so far.
This episode is so emotional and made me cry...

I'm getting goosebumps and it hits hard man.
Hadlar speech, i can feel it in his voice.
Hadlar you have my respect!!

The Direction, The Animation, The Voice Actor and Actress and The Music.
All of it was Top Tier!!

What an Plot Twist.
Avan is alive.. WTF how?
davidyodo24Jul 28, 2022 3:04 AM
Aug 13, 2022 11:38 AM

Mar 2010
Damn So many surprises, and to think the friends are those you met along da way.. Lol how da fack did avan keep himself out of the picture so long is another story.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 30, 2023 4:57 PM

Sep 2016
ngl, I cried for Hadlar....
Jul 4, 2023 12:29 PM

Sep 2016
I can't say I'm surprised it happened but I'm really happy it did
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.