Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ao no Orchestra' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Apr 11, 2022 12:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official Twitter of the MangaONE application announced on Tuesday that Makoto Akui's Ao no Orchestra (Blue Orchestra) manga will receive an anime adaptation.

Synopsis
Hajime Aono was a prodigy violinist until he grew jaded with playing the violin due to personal reasons. Now in his third year of middle school, he struggles to decide on his academic path. One day in school, he meets Ritsuko Akine, a hotheaded novice violinist who wants to enroll in a high school with a distinguished orchestra club. When he finds himself getting closer to Ritsuko and being brought back to the world of violinists, time starts moving again for him.

This is the beginning of a youthful drama where sounds and hearts alike resound in harmony. (Source: MU, edited)

Akui began serializing the musical drama manga on the Manga ONE application in April 2017 and in Ura Sunday magazine in May of the same year. Shogakukan will ship the tenth volume on April 19. Ao no Orchestra has a cumulative 3.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Source: Manga ONE's Official Twitter

Ao no Orchestra on MAL
VindstotOct 23, 2022 3:25 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 11, 2022 12:52 PM

Sep 2020
Don't know if it's true or not but just found it in the Twitter that John William the music composer of Star War and Jurasic Park will also be involved in this project.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sho_MangaOne/status/1513535128274108417
ZXEANApr 11, 2022 12:56 PM
Apr 11, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2020
^now that'd be really cool! Hope that's true

Ok, as much as i am hyped that i get to see another school orchestra-themed anime again, i just really hope the drama isnt as 'unrealistic' and annoying as it was in Euphonium. myself, i am a percussionist in one, so yeah. Also wondering whether this is referring to 'string orchestra' or just orchestra in general
Apr 11, 2022 2:46 PM

Feb 2021
Great news! More music manga to be adapted into anime!
Apr 11, 2022 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
hollywood composer? please no.
Apr 11, 2022 7:59 PM

Oct 2020
when the series has blue in the title i take it as a green flag
Apr 11, 2022 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
OHHHHH MY GOD ??? LETS GOOOO

so hyped for this i hope they do if well
Apr 12, 2022 12:43 AM

Jul 2017
not expect to get the adaptation.
Logical_Apr 12, 2022 1:17 AM
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Apr 12, 2022 3:58 AM
Dec 2019
From the moment I first read this I always thought this would get an anime adaptation someday. And now it's here. Pog
yo
Apr 12, 2022 5:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ZXEAN said:
Don't know if it's true or not but just found it in the Twitter that John William the music composer of Star War and Jurasic Park will also be involved in this project.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sho_MangaOne/status/1513535128274108417
The GOAT is potentially working on an anime?????? Say fucking lesssssssssssssssss

I'm all in now
Apr 12, 2022 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
jjashael said:
when the series has blue in the title i take it as a green flag
hahahahaha now that you mention it we have a lot of "ao"/ "blue" manga turned anime adaptations. I see it
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Apr 12, 2022 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
So many “blue” in the title of the recent anime adaptations. I wish ” Ultramarine Siren” will be next.
Apr 13, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
Boazanian said:

Ok, as much as i am hyped that i get to see another school orchestra-themed anime again, i just really hope the drama isnt as 'unrealistic' and annoying as it was in Euphonium. myself, i am a percussionist in one, so yeah. Also wondering whether this is referring to 'string orchestra' or just orchestra in general

I thought Euphonium is as realistic as an anime can get about instrument playing? Or do you mean the drama between characters?

Anyway, the orchestrain Ao no Orchestra is primarily a string orchestra. The main character is a former solo vionist. The one who gets him into playing again in an orchestra is a beginner violinist. The teacher who encourages him used to play violinist. He's going to duke it out with a another violinist prodigy. Then he's going to learn how to play with in harmony with a cellist.

I find the manga more in the realm of Hibike than Shigatsu and I enjoy it very much. Someone who play string instruments may even get more out of it.
Apr 13, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2020
tattooedcat said:
Boazanian said:

I thought Euphonium is as realistic as an anime can get about instrument playing? Or do you mean the drama between characters?

yea, i meant the drama. maybe Japan is just built different, but my experience (as well as many of my friends and fellow band-orchestra members) is very different compared to what was shown in Euphonium
tattooedcat said:

Anyway, the orchestrain Ao no Orchestra is primarily a string orchestra. The main character is a former solo vionist. The one who gets him into playing again in an orchestra is a beginner violinist. The teacher who encourages him used to play violinist. He's going to duke it out with a another violinist prodigy. Then he's going to learn how to play with in harmony with a cellist.

I find the manga more in the realm of Hibike than Shigatsu and I enjoy it very much. Someone who play string instruments may even get more out of it.

okk. Strings are cool too, and sometimes have much more interesting pieces to play compared to other music groups
Apr 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2020
I hope this anime will cast itself away from Your Lie in April and Euphonium's shadows.

But hey now that I said it, the normie weebs will make this comparison once this releases. At the same time, I'll laugh it out and hope for the best for this series.
Apr 15, 2022 7:23 PM

Jun 2021
More music manga to be adapted into anime lately. Looking forward to it
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.