Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 14, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 2018
Xilver said:
timeforward said:
Your analysis isn't incorrect to be fair, I would just say it's not as heavy handed as you say. They are not quite at the level of being clowns, for what it's worth, heck there are still plenty people in the comments supporting them as you can see. They are in disarray clearly as they've betrayed Yelena part of their supporters which helped them get as far as they did.
Using old major characters to side with the jaegerists to raise the stakes would'nt work either, no one really fits the bill except Jean, that would mean to go back on his character arc so it doesn't work that well. Connie isn't a leader character, so killing him if he'd become a jagerist might've seemed cheap as much as bringing back these s1 characters is to you.

Still the conflict you are asking for is there, just not with the jaegerists who are for all intents NPCs, it is with Eren. And we already had the comrades turned enemies arc. might not be the cleanest to not have "proper" jaegerists but I don't think it is that bad.

People support Eren, yeagerisits are ultimately his faction, so people support yeagerists. I myself rooted for him while reading the manga ongoing, because he's just a far superior character to anyone from the alliance, he's much more interesting. I ultimately wanted a good story, which it seemed like only Eren could deliver last year of the manga's runtime. Which doesn't mean i didn't think yeagerists were depicted as clowns, because they were.
Part of the volunteers wanted mini-rumbling and with the help of paradis reclaiming their independence, paradis was also interested in the buffer states. The other part of them were with Yelena and wanted euthanization. Both of those groups weren't really yagerists.
You can write the story in a way that their do fit the bill, for one you don't have to depict yeagerists as so bloodthirsty. Helping the enemy to take down Eren and basically leave paradis defenseless isn't exactly something any of them wants. And some of them can definitely be won over.
Connie would definitely suffice and him dying there cannot ever be compared to bringing back background characters from s1 and having them killed. As far as cheapness is concerned, there truly cannot be a comparison here.

The very fact that you need to resort to general conflict of alliance with Eren proves how worthless yeagerists themselves are. But yes, which is why during these chapters ongoing in the manga, i didn't hate them, they were a 3/5 for me, i still had all of my complaints, but i could look forward to the biggest conflict itself, and that was a mistake, i should have realized from these chapters where the writing is going. Looking at these parts retrospectively, this kind of stuff is what ultimately caused that ending.

sammymahesh said:
Bro literally in the last episode Yelena called them out they are not "Heroes". They have bloods in their hands. Do you think "heroes" have blood in their hands? And they are not random nobody. They are still their comrades. It's not vague otherwise their resolve to save the world is also pointless because we have not seen every character in the world. And Zeke and Yelena were themselves used by Eren and Floch. And who are you going to kill, beside from Connie? Jean? Armin? There is no necessity to kill a character among the main group that has no hostility towards Eren. None of them wanted a bloodshed. They even wanted not to kill the Yeagerists. Again, I gave you the reason already. She was hesitant enough to kill Reiner and Bertholdt, do you think she would kill Jean, Connie or Armin? It would totally be out of character. She saved Louise despite not acknowledging her. What gave you the idea she would kill them?

They literally had an avengers assembled posing moment few episodes ago, not heroes my ass. Yes heroes can have blood on their hands, as long as the show treats them as the heroes who must save the world.
Moment of hesitation with RB is irrelevant, stop bringing it up. We're talking about actual schism within paradis with all the sides having determination and knowing what they fight for. Mikasa is a solider who will kill in war, all of them are, all of them will if needed.
But i see you're just going to ignore the problem here, you're going to refuse to see it no matter what. So i'm no longer going to waste our mutual time. And i hope you're not too devastated to see the great Samuel and the legendary Daz gone.

zerotitan said:
The actual heroes you are referring to are Armin, Mikasa, Jean and Connie. You wanted portrayal of conflict between these four, but I think it is just not possible narrative wise to have conflict between those four on the matter of Eren killing the entire world. Their character development throughout the series just doesn't allow that.

I'm referring to anyone relevant. I'm referring to anyone who is not a complete background character from season fucking 1.
It's very much possible, it's just needs to be written better, Eren's decisions has to make more sense. And they should be in a scenario of it's either us or them, will you help the enemy, cause the genocide of your own people, and render all the sacrifices prior and hell they went through in first 3 season meaningless. Or will you fight for your own people's future. The story as it's written never makes any of that clear, because there is an alternative plan which prevents the genocide of either side, alliance opposes Eren without ever truly arguing about his rejection of 50 year plan. That's just straight up bad. It's as if they know they are characters in a story so they can move this way knowing that it will all end up just fine.
Jean is fucking working with people who directly killed fucking Marco without any real plan to secure paradis after Eren is down. That's not exactly rational, that path is not in any shape or form given. Things changed once Eren started the rumbling, because before they could still hope, but now Eren proved that the world was right about Eldians being the devils, at that point you have to consider your options. You can't start a world genocide and then say "Just kidding, hehe, oops, please don't come kill us all". A that point some of the members could definitely be swayed away towards Eren, because really there is no alternative for them anymore.

I understand your complaint basically is Isayama should have given more time on the last arc and expanded on the conflict, Eren's decision and Alliance formation to make everything more convincing which is fair on your part but I see that as your subjective criticism. Because I never felt the need for more explanation for Eren's decision making more sense, or to give more time for Alliance because in my opinion Eren chose what he chose made sense for me the moment it was revealed and all the factors leading him up to that point were enough for me to digest that. Then Alliance formation in the first read did look very superficial and rushed but I realized that it had to be rushed, they didn't really had time to work out on mitigating their differences over the past, if they had to try and stop Eren, they will have to join forces fast keeping their past differences aside as what's done is done. Eren literally killed [Spoiler] 80 % Humanity in 4 days [\Spoiler], if they spent any more time then they did then perhaps there wouldn't have been any meaning in them coming together at all since Eren would have wiped entire humanity. So they had to cast their differences aside in a rushed way and the portrayal of this by Isayama would naturally look rushed. I personally don't have any problem with alliance chapters neither am I rooting for them or Eren but I think that the conflict shown was enough for the getting the meaning across the audience, yes rushed but definitely not bad and makes enough sense.
Mar 14, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2015
This episode is just awful. Even though I already read the manga, now with all the madness going on in the world it hits emotionally so much more. Why do people have to be so violent and insane with their stupid ideas that they can't even see that they are the ones in the wrong.
Mar 14, 2022 10:54 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:

This is a laughably inadequate comparison since Eren wants to kill the entire population including countless innocent people, wanting to stop that is absolutely understandable. It's not like Connie shot Daz in cold blood. He was struggling with tears in his eyes and lost it. There wasn't much of a choice when Daz and Samuel got in the way of their mission. Besides, another second of hesitation could've costed his and Armins life. I will admit, tho, shooting Samuel was overkill and seemed to happen in the heat of the moment. Alas, they're soldiers and if you pick up a weapon you gotta be ready to face the consequences.
Armin answered this quite well in one sentence in the preview
"Hesitate and Die, aim the gun and pull the trigger"
though he could have knocked him out by few hits on the head.
Mar 14, 2022 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
zerotitan said:
I understand your complaint basically is Isayama should have given more time on the last arc and expanded on the conflict, Eren's decision and Alliance formation to make everything more convincing which is fair on your part but I see that as your subjective criticism. Because I never felt the need for more explanation for Eren's decision making more sense, or to give more time for Alliance because in my opinion Eren chose what he chose made sense for me the moment it was revealed and all the factors leading him up to that point were enough for me to digest that. Then Alliance formation in the first read did look very superficial and rushed but I realized that it had to be rushed, they didn't really had time to work out on mitigating their differences over the past, if they had to try and stop Eren, they will have to join forces fast keeping their past differences aside as what's done is done. Eren literally killed
, if they spent any more time then they did then perhaps there wouldn't have been any meaning in them coming together at all since Eren would have wiped entire humanity. So they had to cast their differences aside in a rushed way and the portrayal of this by Isayama would naturally look rushed. I personally don't have any problem with alliance chapters neither am I rooting for them or Eren but I think that the conflict shown was enough for the getting the meaning across the audience, yes rushed but definitely not bad and makes enough sense.

I meant the plan has to make more sense for everyone else as well. It doesn't make sense to become a yeagerist when you can go with the 50 year plan, unless you're a bloodthristy maniac. Which is why 50 year plan must be rendered impossible, and not just rejected by Eren not wanting to sacrifice Historia, for god knows what reason. Everyone thought he's in love with Historia for a reason. He's wayy too overprotective about her. It doesn't exactly make sense, but i guess there were some other factors too. So it can still somewhat be justified Eren doing what he did, but it doesn't make sense for anyone else to follow him in wanting the genocide the world. I'm not sure Isayama even realized this problem when he created yeagerists. Not everyone is Eren, not everyone has his spirit, and not everyone are so protective over Historia, in fact Eren is the only Eren.
So of course the story has to be rewritten somewhat. If the world genocide happens, and i get my wish of important characters joining yeagerists, then it truly has to be a choice between kill or get killed, with no possible alternatives like the 50 year plan.
Mar 14, 2022 11:46 AM
Sep 2018
Xilver said:
zerotitan said:
I understand your complaint basically is Isayama should have given more time on the last arc and expanded on the conflict, Eren's decision and Alliance formation to make everything more convincing which is fair on your part but I see that as your subjective criticism. Because I never felt the need for more explanation for Eren's decision making more sense, or to give more time for Alliance because in my opinion Eren chose what he chose made sense for me the moment it was revealed and all the factors leading him up to that point were enough for me to digest that. Then Alliance formation in the first read did look very superficial and rushed but I realized that it had to be rushed, they didn't really had time to work out on mitigating their differences over the past, if they had to try and stop Eren, they will have to join forces fast keeping their past differences aside as what's done is done. Eren literally killed
, if they spent any more time then they did then perhaps there wouldn't have been any meaning in them coming together at all since Eren would have wiped entire humanity. So they had to cast their differences aside in a rushed way and the portrayal of this by Isayama would naturally look rushed. I personally don't have any problem with alliance chapters neither am I rooting for them or Eren but I think that the conflict shown was enough for the getting the meaning across the audience, yes rushed but definitely not bad and makes enough sense.

I meant the plan has to make more sense for everyone else as well. It doesn't make sense to become a yeagerist when you can go with the 50 year plan, unless you're a bloodthristy maniac. Which is why 50 year plan must be rendered impossible, and not just rejected by Eren not wanting to sacrifice Historia, for god knows what reason. Everyone thought he's in love with Historia for a reason. He's wayy too overprotective about her. It doesn't exactly make sense, but i guess there were some other factors too. So it can still somewhat be justified Eren doing what he did, but it doesn't make sense for anyone else to follow him in wanting the genocide the world. I'm not sure Isayama even realized this problem when he created yeagerists. Not everyone is Eren, not everyone has his spirit, and not everyone are so protective over Historia, in fact Eren is the only Eren.
So of course the story has to be rewritten somewhat. If the world genocide happens, and i get my wish of important characters joining yeagerists, then it truly has to be a choice between kill or get killed, with no possible alternatives like the 50 year plan.

50 Year plan comes with its fair share of uncertainties. Eren had only 4 years to live. You never know what kind of person would inherit the founding titan down the line. If someone with similar thought process as Zeke or Fritz were to inherit founding titan what will happen? If someone with mindset like Floch or Original King Fritz who wanted to rule the world were to inherit founding then what? Then most importantly, 50 Year plan involves repeating Titan tragedy over and over and there is no way for Paradise to get out of this cycle as Titans and Rumbling will be the threat that will give them bargaining power with world they will have to keep maintaining for god knows how long. 50 Years is the no. because in that many years Zeke thought most of the Eldians and in near future almost all of the Eldians will die naturally and peacefully but since if we want Mini rumbling without Euthanasia then there is no knowing when Paradis will be able to catch with the world in terms of Technology or how many real allies will they be able to make and since they are still threatening world with Rumbling, hatred for them or fear of them will not simply disappear, they can not abandon Titan powers as it still be their most powerful weapon, there is no thought about Removing Ymir's curse and making Eldians just normal people and they simply won't be able to even consider this, basically this plan is just about ensuring Paradis's continued survival. Eldian's will never be free of this cycle, they will always remain people who can turn into Titan and I believe that's one of the most fundamental issues I have with mini rumbling plan but Yes I agree that is by far more moral and perhaps objectively correct option, because once you ensure your survival and gain yourself time you can always think about resolving other issues later.
I agree with you about Yeagarists portrayal being way too extreme but I think it was intentional from Isayama. But I don't think existence of Yeagerist is narratively illogical, Floch was intentionally inducted in S3P2 to become the voice of dissent and bring about the change which he thought was fit and he did that, he is perfect representation of hyper nationalist person leading a group of misguided young bloods and since for all the reasons I stated above 50 year plan is not all that good+ they are driven by again feelings of supremacy, feelings of hatred against the world for caging them and causing all the sufferings within the walls, I do believe that people with such strong sentiments lead by someone like floch will behave the way they do in the story, or maybe perhaps even in the real world itself.
It can still be us vs them depending on your own sentiments, your line of thinking. Yeagerist see this as us vs them, Armin, Miksasa, Jean do not see it like that.
Mar 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Feb 2021
zerotitan said:
50 Year plan comes with its fair share of uncertainties.

Yes, that's life, just because future is uncertain doesn't mean you must exterminate anything that can potentially harm you. That's insanity. And i don't believe yeagerists are just insane maniacs, they just come off like that because of flaws in writing.
That problems with 50 year plan are also an argument for its sake. Technology is catching up? - Exactly, which means titans won't be this unstoppable force, hence the fear and wary of titans will wane over time. 50 year is a long enough time for a new generation to come, which has weaponry that surpass the dangers of titans, that generation will no longer fear eldians as much. At the same time paradis will be modernizing and seeking allies in a world where marley was being big bad empire for 100 years.
Repeating the same cycle of children eating parents for protection is a proper conclusion of cycle of children eating parents for world domination. You did that for power for centuries, now do it for peace.
The plan is definitely better than "let's just destroy the world".
Mar 14, 2022 12:15 PM

Jul 2021
This season's animation is VERY good, but I'm not really liking the direction the story is taking.
Several characters that I liked I'm starting to not like more and the ones I didn't like I'm starting to hate, I'll probably be disappointed with the ending.
asdasdsadad
Mar 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Oct 2020
Can we all agree that Armin and Connies scenes were the best !
Mar 14, 2022 1:29 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
So far the worst episode in AOT.
Everything went downhill after the creation of the alliance.
"We must exterminate all Yeagerists" - Mikasa
They are essentially doing the same thing that Eren is doing with a difference being that Eren is fighting to protect his own people while they are betraying and killing their friends and people in order to protect those who want them and the rest of Eldians dead.
At this point it's questionable why does alliance even exists since they don't have a problem with end justifies the means ideology or killing innocent people to get their way.
So why are they against Eren again?
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 14, 2022 1:45 PM
Aug 2020
anyone else think it's kinda hypocritical how Connie killed one of his friends because "someone has to get blood on their hands" to stop Eren who is doing exactly that getting blood in his hands for the sake of paradis
Mar 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Nov 2017
Daz and Samuel were doing their best as soldiers for the last five years, cried over their friends deaths, were brothers in arms with Connie and Armin, only to have it end like this... It hurts so much...
Mar 14, 2022 3:27 PM
Jun 2020
Xilver said:
zerotitan said:
50 Year plan comes with its fair share of uncertainties.

Yes, that's life, just because future is uncertain doesn't mean you must exterminate anything that can potentially harm you. That's insanity. And i don't believe yeagerists are just insane maniacs, they just come off like that because of flaws in writing.
That problems with 50 year plan are also an argument for its sake. Technology is catching up? - Exactly, which means titans won't be this unstoppable force, hence the fear and wary of titans will wane over time. 50 year is a long enough time for a new generation to come, which has weaponry that surpass the dangers of titans, that generation will no longer fear eldians as much. At the same time paradis will be modernizing and seeking allies in a world where marley was being big bad empire for 100 years.
Repeating the same cycle of children eating parents for protection is a proper conclusion of cycle of children eating parents for world domination. You did that for power for centuries, now do it for peace.
The plan is definitely better than "let's just destroy the world".
Why would the author make the Yeagerists like that? It's plain obvious. Yeagerists are a mirror to Marleyans. It's not a flaw in writing. I have seen people like that in real life.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 14, 2022 3:36 PM
Jun 2020
DomineLkira said:
sammymahesh said:
Yeagerists are the mirror to the Marleyans. Are the Marleyans good guys or bad guys?

Who exactly do you mean by "Marleyans"? There are good and understanding marleyans like the guards trying to protect gabi even with their lives and not treat her harshly even when she is an eldian and there are evil marleyans who feed an innocent child to a group of dogs. Or by marleyans you just mean the warriors cause they technically are marlyean because they were born there and lived in that nation? They are more grey because while they were brainwashed as kids their main motive of being a warrior was just to achieve their own goals (being an honorary marlyean and save family yada yada). There is no such nuance with the yeagerists. They are evil terrorists who are very bad and suck or whatever.

I guess yeagerists are a mirror of marleyans because they too are just trying to save themselves by genociding the other race? Its very surface level tho. And yet the problem I mentioned has nothing to do with them being a mirror of marleyans.
But Samuel and Daz were not portrayed evil nor Louise. I can also say the same thing about Yeagerists. Have you ever been to India? Read about religious conflicts in India. The way the extremism has been portrayed in the story, it's very real. I have witnessed violence in 2020. I had never even in my life thought even my friends would be extremists. The portrayal is very realistic.

Mar 14, 2022 3:42 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was crazy!!!! The animation was way better compared to some other episodes and the music was so cool too!!!! LOVE IT, almost 10/10 episode.
Mar 14, 2022 3:58 PM

Oct 2018
that's right everyone, what Reiner and Annie did is a-okay because Eren said some vague line about being able to do the same after years of being surrounded by torture and death! Glory to our beloved alliance heroes!!
Mar 14, 2022 5:46 PM

Mar 2021
Lets gooo final fight of the season before the great ending later !

So cool to see Annie again and her titan ^o^
Mar 14, 2022 5:53 PM

Feb 2021
A really suspenseful episode! It was done very well. I still can't believe 2 more episodes until we wait for more to come or just letting the show be, which I don't think will happen
Mar 14, 2022 6:28 PM
May 2020
how intense. the music choice though
Mar 14, 2022 7:59 PM
Nov 2020
Helltaker said:
So far the worst episode in AOT.
Everything went downhill after the creation of the alliance.
They are essentially doing the same thing that Eren is doing with a difference being that Eren is fighting to protect his own people while they are betraying and killing their friends and people in order to protect those who want them and the rest of Eldians dead.
At this point it's questionable why does alliance even exists since they don't have a problem with end justifies the means ideology or killing innocent people to get their way.
So why are they against Eren again?

Because genocide is objectively bad? I think you're looking at this in a way that's too black and white. As in, Eren is wrong for starting the rumbling, but isn't wrong for fighting back. The alliance isn't wrong for wanting to stop it, but they aren't right in that they're working with people that want to genocide them. How they're gonna get around being genocided if they stop the rumbling so far has been swiss cheese writing, but I hope it gets explained.

Helltaker said:
"We must exterminate all Yeagerists" - Mikasa

Yeah, they're fascists. Angry, violent fascists. Some of them might be friends of old, but that's all they are, friends of old, who now see your alignment against them as a threat to their legitimacy, a challenge to their world empire. They will respond with violence. I'll have to give it to Mika for giving them the benefit of the doubt, if I were her, I would have known this would end in bloodshed from the start.

[Also] They almost blew her up twice, once with Armin in ep 71 as well as just now, they are unapologetically proud of the show they put on at Liberio, which killed Sasha, and they downright simp for Eren in the same way she did in the past. I think she has every right to be as angry as she wants at these guys, laughing at their stupidity the whole way.
GliiitchedMar 14, 2022 8:22 PM
Mar 14, 2022 9:47 PM

May 2018
sammymahesh said:
DomineLkira said:

Who exactly do you mean by "Marleyans"? There are good and understanding marleyans like the guards trying to protect gabi even with their lives and not treat her harshly even when she is an eldian and there are evil marleyans who feed an innocent child to a group of dogs. Or by marleyans you just mean the warriors cause they technically are marlyean because they were born there and lived in that nation? They are more grey because while they were brainwashed as kids their main motive of being a warrior was just to achieve their own goals (being an honorary marlyean and save family yada yada). There is no such nuance with the yeagerists. They are evil terrorists who are very bad and suck or whatever.

I guess yeagerists are a mirror of marleyans because they too are just trying to save themselves by genociding the other race? Its very surface level tho. And yet the problem I mentioned has nothing to do with them being a mirror of marleyans.
But Samuel and Daz were not portrayed evil nor Louise. I can also say the same thing about Yeagerists. Have you ever been to India? Read about religious conflicts in India. The way the extremism has been portrayed in the story, it's very real. I have witnessed violence in 2020. I had never even in my life thought even my friends would be extremists. The portrayal is very realistic.

Idk about that man. All that scene showed was that Samuel and Daz are hesitant to kill their old friends. Many times even the most evil person cares about their friends and family. And honestly, the only Yeagerist that is focused on is Floch and my previous comment mentioned how I didnt like how he was portrayed. A villain with motivations like him could have been portrayed a lot better than a power hungry fascist piece of shit who likes to uhhhh kill people? I liked him when he was just an opposing perspective to the trio (calling them out for saving armin instead of erwin) instead of the mustache twirling villain we have right now. Its like Isayama just cant write a character opposing our precious trio without making him a complete villain.
Like man I dont think its hard to see that Isayama is painting the Yeagerists as the side you are SUPPOSED to hate. There is barely any nuance here, Alliance are the heroes and the other side villains. You need to get blood on your hands and even kill your old friends to get rid of this evil.
A story like attack on titan having a big bad final villain with our heroes teaming up and "save the world" or whatever just sucks. Bro in the "save the world" panel in the manga the alliance look like they are posing with light shining down on them through the windows. Thank god atleast the anime framed that scene a lot better.
Mar 14, 2022 10:18 PM
May 2019
man i hate this anime, i hate gabitch, i hate marley, i hate alliance, and i hate you, F U hajime
Mar 14, 2022 11:01 PM
Feb 2020
imbAF said:
FMmatron said:
Great episode. The tension was real and I take this over the manga any day.

This is a laughably inadequate comparison since Eren wants to kill the entire population including countless innocent people, wanting to stop that is absolutely understandable. It's not like Connie shot Daz in cold blood. He was struggling with tears in his eyes and lost it. There wasn't much of a choice when Daz and Samuel got in the way of their mission. Besides, another second of hesitation could've costed his and Armins life. I will admit, tho, shooting Samuel was overkill and seemed to happen in the heat of the moment. Alas, they're soldiers and if you pick up a weapon you gotta be ready to face the consequences.

But you don't seem concerned with the world wanting to kill every single eldian. That's not a genocide I guess, right? Or is it and it's wrong? And something should be done to prevent that, and if killing the people who want to kill you is no good, then how does Paradis survive? Clue me in

alliance fans probably have the same braincell as those dumb clown in alliance,thats why they dont understand such a simple thing.
Mar 14, 2022 11:45 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Damn this episode was crazy, but also gave me a vague sense of deja vu. I can't remember when exactly, but also vaguely remember them holing up underground (like a subway?) during some invasion in the early early days when the trio had only initally gotten into training/survey corps.

But also, the shots here were really powerful. I've never felt such visceral internal conflict as I did watching Connie kill his friends. That's going to be some long lasting PTSD if he survives. I really really didn't expect him to do it -- take them out maybe yes, but not actually actually headshot both of them.
In that second it really felt like time did stop, but also the war took a serious turn even though it really was- as they suggested not that much of a turn as Marco dying. One life lost to a war.
That aside, it's probably safe to assume Armin doesn't die, just that scene of seeing Connie screaming in despair and panning out really made me.. for once...fear war? I don't know if that makes any sense, because we all know genocide and civil war is just no bueno, and no easy solution but it did feel very ... surreal in comparison to literally any other war/gore genre ever.
But also a painful realization if they don't find a cure to the whole mortality of Titans thing, and if Mikasa can't live without Eren and Armin...lowkey Connie might actually be alone. Like Jean might survive, but really Connie's the one with no... other ties to the mortal world right now.
P.S. Are we thinking there might be a Part 3 even though it's literally "The Final Season Part 2"? I find it real difficult to imagine how they can wrap this up prettily.
Mar 15, 2022 2:32 AM
Jun 2020
DomineLkira said:
sammymahesh said:

Idk about that man. All that scene showed was that Samuel and Daz are hesitant to kill their old friends. Many times even the most evil person cares about their friends and family. And honestly, the only Yeagerist that is focused on is Floch and my previous comment mentioned how I didnt like how he was portrayed. A villain with motivations like him could have been portrayed a lot better than a power hungry fascist piece of shit who likes to uhhhh kill people? I liked him when he was just an opposing perspective to the trio (calling them out for saving armin instead of erwin) instead of the mustache twirling villain we have right now. Its like Isayama just cant write a character opposing our precious trio without making him a complete villain.
Like man I dont think its hard to see that Isayama is painting the Yeagerists as the side you are SUPPOSED to hate. There is barely any nuance here, Alliance are the heroes and the other side villains. You need to get blood on your hands and even kill your old friends to get rid of this evil.
A story like attack on titan having a big bad final villain with our heroes teaming up and "save the world" or whatever just sucks. Bro in the "save the world" panel in the manga the alliance look like they are posing with light shining down on them through the windows. Thank god atleast the anime framed that scene a lot better.
But how do you know there are sides to hate when it's very evident that the AoT fandom has literally been split into two factions. If any side was evil, no one would side with evil. Does anyone side with Voldemort? We have seen countless threads in support of Yeagerists. They are not evil. They are "Exremists". Exremism leads to discrimination in any situation. And about the hero comment, in the very next episode Yelena called them out for being hypocrites. They are not heroes. Even the episode is titled "Traitor". I already told you to look up and research on religious conflicts in India. I can't properly convey you all the things about it here because it's a very sensitive topic. Some people might get offended here. You can even look up about conflicts between Judaism-Christianity-Islam. People are never evil. The system is evil.

Mar 15, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2015
we're getting closer and closer to the end :(((( it feels like it was just yesterday when these chapters came out </3
Mar 15, 2022 11:22 AM

Jun 2010
Don't read the manga so don't imagine what's coming up but I honestly can't see how this story will end in two episodes...
Mar 15, 2022 11:58 AM
May 2015
I was so excited to watch this episode, and then I watched it....

pain.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Mar 15, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2021
The first part of the episode was bland, the Azumabito subplot is shameless, but the ODM thing was cool. Connie argument make some sort of sense, at least the coincidence of facing people related to him is not that absurd

Xilver said:

Yes, absolutely, they are intentionally made into clowns. But i don't like it. I don't believe it's good for the story at all to present one of its two major sides as just idiot-evil-useless-clowns. It cheapens the entire series, and the conflict itself. This series used to respect the conflicting forces, always.
And yes, i do agree that from meta perspective it's Isayama taking a jab on what is generally known as the far right. And that is also something i don't like, and makes me respect his writing less.

You are also correct about the author not really leaving a room for disagreement about which side is right, at least aesthetically.
All i can add to this is that the clowning is not going to stop on the yeagerists themselves. The king clown is on the way.

I doubt that Isayama can trust their readers to understand that showing a position with eloquent/realistic arguments doesnt mean justifying it, so he had to rely to full caricature way. It is also hard to filter the arguments that could make sense to the yeagerists and those arguments that also make sense for him or us. You can grasp some of the way of thinking of the author by the elements that are being input as correct or existent, and how it ignores them completely while building the other narratives because they are apparently natural. Fortunately, they are never expressed through words, so people who parrot about themes and messages that are being explicitly told in their faces arent bothered by them.
Politics on AoT are just dumb all the time anyways, I never saw a respect of conflict forces, do you even remember season 3? It is always the same, if he show to the readers faces that the opposing forces are wrong (With a total disrespect to anything but his perspective about the issue), then people would just eat that up and not create a conflict about it, because the own story say that they are wrong. Then, when dealing with the solution of the whole argument, it is always the same too, you get violence and pro-militarism as a fate of human race, and unexpected change of hearts with long edgy speeches that sounds cool for a teenager to convey a message that is completely contradictory with anything that has been portrayed in his sadistic world. People caring about anything but action, le epic moments, and some mysteries there and there is kind of dumb, at least in the sense of what have substance in the show.

Mar 15, 2022 5:36 PM
Aug 2013
Korixus said:
Don't read the manga so don't imagine what's coming up but I honestly can't see how this story will end in two episodes...
The story won't end in two episodes, there will be either part 3 or a movie
Mar 15, 2022 6:42 PM

Aug 2021
I found it ironic how Armin was shot in the mouth, losing his ability to speak. Words are his strongest weapon, he couldn't use them to talk his way out of trouble this time, but he still used his eyes to make the man who was literally pointing a gun at him hesitate.
Mar 15, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 2010
It really shows that they spent up their money on this season. Either that or lack of time. Really disappointed with the lack of quality in terms of animation these past episodes (except for the titans that were pretty decent). Character movement just hurts to watch, it's so damn stiff and takes away all the immersion. It's just one still shot after another. I miss WIT studio.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2022 10:38 PM

Apr 2020
Nothing much happened in this episode. It's dialogue-heavy, but at least the hype is still maintained.
Annie and Reiner's ODM maneuvering then turning into a Titan behind Floch was a pretty badass image... but also pretty clickbait.
From past seasons, when a Titan transforms it's usually a big deal causing area damage. Nowadays, it's just a normal transformation with bright lights and smokes. And PV shows Floch is still around so, as much as I appreciate the presentation, that left me expecting an intense "Holy Sh**" moment.
On the positive side, Floch can still get his ass decimated so much worse eventually XD
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Mar 15, 2022 10:40 PM

Jan 2021

Damn I feel bad for connie like he literally got destroyed psychologically in this arc..

reiner transforming really reminds me of eren.. and that bite his hand thing
Mar 15, 2022 11:02 PM

Dec 2020
yelena should seriously just shut up holy shit😭😭 if only they had duct tape in this world

pretty emotional ep, especially that last part with conniearmin n samueldazz. too bad i only recognize dazz for being a pathetic lil bitch and i dont remember anything abt samuel lol. so that scene was just.. Eh for me ig. i liked how they did those dilema's and the cut to berthold's "someone had to do it"

OH.. to be floch and those other stupid yeagerists. getting to see THE female titan in action after years, alongside with the armor titan too what a bonus. bet that barbie ken kinnie is still alive tho

azumabito was kinda a baddie in that scene tho😝😝😝 justice for her ig! just for that!

i definitely felt like a lot of things were cut here, especially action scene wise but i guess they'll show that in the blue ray ver?
Mar 15, 2022 11:44 PM
Nov 2019
DomineLkira said:
sammymahesh said:
Yeagerists are the mirror to the Marleyans. Are the Marleyans good guys or bad guys?

We literally saw normal civilians also supporting Yeagerists . Unless you think they are also evil . And we also know why Yeagerists doing this . I think Floch being non-hesitant make him appear as evil but we know he wasn't always like this.
Mar 16, 2022 12:12 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit what an intense episode. 10/10

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 16, 2022 2:23 AM
Aug 2020
amazing adaption to the chapter!!!!! I loved the transformation scene for Anne and Riener
Mar 16, 2022 3:27 AM

Jan 2015
Wait... wasn't this terrible animation in multiple scenes? Did that not bother anyone else? WIT could have done a much better job. This episode it was outright distracting, unlike previous episodes in this season.

Goofy scenes like Armin and Connie's eyes both dropping to the bottom left simultaneously. And when Mikasa jumped down those stairs... the dudes all got their heads shot really unnaturally? It just did not look right at all. I really could go on, but I am super surprised it didn't seem to bother others here?
Mar 16, 2022 4:25 AM

May 2015
Wow its been so long since we've seen the female titan in action.

Pretty brutal episode with them two wrecking people. (Then again that's just Annie in titan form in general)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2022 6:22 AM
Jul 2019
This current war started with Marley attacking The island no?

Before Willy exposed the truth, the word was:

King Fritz: Im leaving to live on the island, anyone comes for us and I release the millions of titans within the wall agains all you. (If you really come though, Ill just roll over and let you kill all of us)

Marley : We have defeated him once before, go my little warriors, get the founding away from those devils so we can terrorise the world with your titans

What happened : Exactly what the King said would happen.

They should have animated the chapter where the squad goes over to Marley, cause talking didnt help then. Everyone wanted them gone. They would only accept the “nice” obedient Eldian slaves.

If you liked Eren before the attack on marley, you should still like him cause he hasn’t changed one bit.

Little Eren from S01: If someone tries to take away my freedom, I’ll take away theirs instead.

Later in the manga some guy says something like this: this is the result of our hate towards those devils, and now that hate has come for us
Mar 16, 2022 11:55 AM
May 2021
i wish the episodes could be 2d and not in cgi
still great episode
Mar 16, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Annie is killing once again Eldians Devils and Levi doesnt care. Petra must be happy.

1/5

Taito10Mar 16, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 16, 2022 5:43 PM
Jul 2010
Jke03 said:
Wait... wasn't this terrible animation in multiple scenes? Did that not bother anyone else? WIT could have done a much better job. This episode it was outright distracting, unlike previous episodes in this season.

Goofy scenes like Armin and Connie's eyes both dropping to the bottom left simultaneously. And when Mikasa jumped down those stairs... the dudes all got their heads shot really unnaturally? It just did not look right at all. I really could go on, but I am super surprised it didn't seem to bother others here?

YES, thank you. Someone else who noticed. It was utter shit this episode ngl. So many lazy animation scenes this episode. Recent episodes have been lacking tbh but this one def stood out the most.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2022 8:07 PM

Jan 2015
Julle said:
Jke03 said:

YES, thank you. Someone else who noticed. It was utter shit this episode ngl. So many lazy animation scenes this episode. Recent episodes have been lacking tbh but this one def stood out the most.

Yeah I thought I hallucinated it and had to go back and watch scenes from the first season. The way they move their arms rigidly and hardly move when others talk is really strange compared to Wit's animation. Such a shame.
Mar 17, 2022 5:15 AM

Apr 2020
How i miss the female titan and annie

⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Mar 17, 2022 2:33 PM
Jul 2010
Jke03 said:
Julle said:

Yeah I thought I hallucinated it and had to go back and watch scenes from the first season. The way they move their arms rigidly and hardly move when others talk is really strange compared to Wit's animation. Such a shame.

Exactly..! Same goes for usage of the 3D manuever gear. Looks so damn rigid every single time MAPPA animates it.. Luckily, we don't see nearly as much of it in S4 compared to the earlier seasons. But its still there and I want to pluck my eyes out every time I see that lazy CGI-rigid animation. People defend MAPPA being like "be glad they took the offer at the very least!" or "they had limited time/resources!". So what? We just gonna accept the fact that a studio doesn't care enough about their productions/staff and settle with just decent quality? S1 came out 9 years ago and even though MAPPA does some things great, I'd still say WIT is the winner by a mile, thanks to MAPPAs inconsistency.
Mar 17, 2022 2:41 PM
Jul 2010
Has Studio Deen taken over the production?

Mar 17, 2022 6:23 PM

Jan 2015
Julle said:
Has Studio Deen taken over the production?

LOL omg ...................
Mar 17, 2022 11:56 PM

Apr 2021
This episode once again reminded me as to why I love Attack on Titan.........It was amazing especially the visuals.......Thx Mappa!!!!
Connie and Armin fighting their old comrades there, was really painful to watch ;-;
Overall this was a fantastic episode!!!!
Mar 18, 2022 6:11 AM

Jul 2016
Okay episode, conny went rage mode, surprised me.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.