Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Orient
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
More background storytelling about Musashi this episode but man, he can be such a sensitive child when he was young.

I'm not surprised to see him regain his confidence again. Not betraying his path to the future is part of his dream and seems like no one will stop him. Decent episode with the character study on Musashi.

Shirou is one tough bastard but remains one of the more interesting characters in the show imo.
Mar 2, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Kojiro and Tsugumi with the Bushi find themselves witnessing a Oni already slain...while Musashi is still stuck in his rout.

And no surprise it's the Nameless Dog Shiro Inukai whom did the job, and all the other Bushi with their Kitetsu Blades just can't measure up to this Black wielder's power. Nanao sure is surprised to reel Musashi out before he completely turned into a Kitetsu Blade.

To really understand Musashi's background of maligning his very own father, it's not like children have a voice to say what's made of the situation by being friends with a Bushi like Kojiro. The village of their childhood outcasted Kojiro, as do Musashi later, but yet gain friendship that broke them out each of their mold, and his father is proud of him for doing so...that's the way of life for a Bushi.

Shiro is pretty unforgiving, and in the face of danger, Kojiro buying time for the Bushi to flee and having a slim chance of survival, Musashi came at just the right time to stop the killing to turn the focus on him with the half-accept, half-reject Obsidian Goddess.

Now then, it's the Power of Friendship trope vs. the Nameless Dog Nanao Inusaka with their fearsome powers and great reach, who will emerge top in this grueling fight?
Mar 2, 2022 7:48 AM

Feb 2020
Good episode.

Nice character development for Musashi.
Mar 2, 2022 8:04 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like Musashi should live with Kojiro since the beginning (after his parents died), but at that time he's just a child so he might not think hard enough.
Mar 2, 2022 9:42 AM

Jul 2021
This was a good episode.

I knew Mushashi would be saved but that was quite anti-climatic, that lady just pulled him out coz she thought he already turned into stone bruh.

I knew the Oyaji had forgiven Mushashi, what Mushashi did was bad but he didn't have any choice and it's not like he meant what he said. The Oyaji is quite a great person, he took in one more child which means one more head to feed and I don't think the Bushi's were paid very well, the money must be tight and still he took in Mushashi.

It was uncanny how Shiro just cut people in halves just like that, like I said in previous episode discussion post, evil and OP is not a good combination.

I don't understand, if Shiro who too has a black sould like Mushashi can use a Kitetsu blade then why not Mushashi?

But it seems like Mushashi has turned half-way into stone, which means he can both be accepted by the sword which will mean he can become a Bushi or he's rejected which means he turns into stone, now if given the choice between these two options as to which one is more likely to happen, keeping in mind Mushashi is the MC, you and I both know the answer.

It was quite absurd how when Shiro was just about to kill Kojiro, Mushashi appeared and Shiro just stopped in his tracks and side-stepped like a good boy so that Mushashi can meet up with Tsugumi and Kojiro, I mean wtf? Just minutes ago you were killing off people like it's GTA V and now you are just side-stepping so that some children can meet up????

The fight felt stretched out, the flashbacks and all that talk felt too much, I guess they were trying to push somethig big that is going to happen on to the next episode. The last few scenes were absurd as well, is that lady just standing there while the three of them talk with each other???

This episode wasn't as good as the previous one. 4/5. Looking forward to next episode. Just 3 more to go, let's see what happens, we are not going to be able to see the end of this story, that is for sure, the chances of season 2 seem slim, this anime wasn't well received so I don't think the studio is gonna wanna continue this anime. Let's see.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 2, 2022 10:19 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We saw more of Musashi's backstory and how Kojiro's father let him live with him. Musashi is now neither accepted or rejected by the kitetsu blade....
How will they win against the seven bladed person...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 2, 2022 11:52 AM
Jan 2022
this was a good episode not expected this much from show
it needed to get some better rating imo
excited for next episode
Kartikey001Mar 4, 2022 11:55 AM
Mar 2, 2022 12:09 PM
Feb 2022
Muy buen episodio xdxd me quedé con ganas de más la verdad
Mar 2, 2022 12:36 PM
Aug 2021
I have not been the biggest fan of this anime at all, buts slowly been getting better and this episode is the best of them all. Typical and yet great character development for Musashi, and Shiro is one badass dude. The animation still looks fairly cheap, but the fight between Nanao and the three amigos at the end was actually quite nicely animated. If nothing else, it felt a little more fluid than the typically rigid and still-shot style used so far. Actually looking forward to next weeks episode, I hope Orient continues to build on this momentum.
Mar 2, 2022 12:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Musashi is not gonna abandon them, that's already a decent point, even though it's predictable of course
Mar 2, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2018
Good episode. The fight next week should be good
Mar 2, 2022 4:44 PM

Jul 2021
I was really looking forward to the fight, but unfortunately it didn't happen in this episode.
I hope the fight doesn't let me down in the next episode.
asdasdsadad
Mar 2, 2022 5:59 PM
Jan 2022
TsutanaiFuun said:
This was a good episode.

I knew Mushashi would be saved but that was quite anti-climatic, that lady just pulled him out coz she thought he already turned into stone bruh.

I knew the Oyaji had forgiven Mushashi, what Mushashi did was bad but he didn't have any choice and it's not like he meant what he said. The Oyaji is quite a great person, he took in one more child which means one more head to feed and I don't think the Bushi's were paid very well, the money must be tight and still he took in Mushashi.

It was uncanny how Shiro just cut people in halves just like that, like I said in previous episode discussion post, evil and OP is not a good combination.

I don't understand, if Shiro who too has a black sould like Mushashi can use a Kitetsu blade then why not Mushashi?

But it seems like Mushashi has turned half-way into stone, which means he can both be accepted by the sword which will mean he can become a Bushi or he's rejected which means he turns into stone, now if given the choice between these two options as to which one is more likely to happen, keeping in mind Mushashi is the MC, you and I both know the answer.

It was quite absurd how when Shiro was just about to kill Kojiro, Mushashi appeared and Shiro just stopped in his tracks and side-stepped like a good boy so that Mushashi can meet up with Tsugumi and Kojiro, I mean wtf? Just minutes ago you were killing off people like it's GTA V and now you are just side-stepping so that some children can meet up????

The fight felt stretched out, the flashbacks and all that talk felt too much, I guess they were trying to push somethig big that is going to happen on to the next episode. The last few scenes were absurd as well, is that lady just standing there while the three of them talk with each other???

This episode wasn't as good as the previous one. 4/5. Looking forward to next episode. Just 3 more to go, let's see what happens, we are not going to be able to see the end of this story, that is for sure, the chances of season 2 seem slim, this anime wasn't well received so I don't think the studio is gonna wanna continue this anime. Let's see.

Shirou is a hardcore fans of the goddess
Mar 2, 2022 6:38 PM

Aug 2020
Musashi is back. good episode

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 2, 2022 10:24 PM

May 2020
And here i was waiting for that girl to fall for Musashi. Seems like it'll take some time.
Mar 3, 2022 4:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ye lol its not quite what i believe for Musashi to be out of those black stone. Even the goddess already giving up with the situations xd. The kitsune girl turned out to be the one who 'saved' him, only because of her fishing feels not matching with the actual time of Musashi transform. Ridiculously amusing watch, but that's fine. At least her master forgave it and ready to take Musashi for the second time, even if its seems like just a show-off to her kitetsu blade ability. But once again, its fine, she's cute.

About Shimono character, damn he was so batshit crazy. Something wrong with his head and his eyes too seems like. There's no oni fighting anymore. And just straight fighting against the bad guy again. Alright, way to go Orient, way to go....

Ay that post credit scene tho. I feel like they could be a good friend, if only they were not serving their own 'master'....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 4, 2022 12:32 AM

Dec 2020
musashi upgraded fittt you know shit's gonna go down from that. fit will probably only last one more ep so uhh rip😓😓

musashi and kojirou's dad parts were nice
Mar 5, 2022 5:11 AM
Jan 2022
Last 2 episodes have been much improved on what has been a dreadful series
Apr 20, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
SO now its time for Musashi to use Kitesu blades...and we have villains who are nuts...and will somehow end this fight in a draw I bet.
May 24, 2023 8:33 AM
May 2023
Esta bien...se mantiene intersante

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orient Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2022

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Orient Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2022

45 by ionelHeredia »»
May 27, 2023 8:17 AM

Poll: » Orient Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

111 by PuppyGoWoof »»
May 27, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Orient Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

26 by ionelHeredia »»
May 25, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Orient Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2022

30 by andreariona »»
Feb 20, 2023 3:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.