Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2022 9:34 AM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
I’ll start this off by saying I’m an anime only. I know it doesn’t matter but taking a glance at the characters and how much favorites they have I’ve always wondered why Shirogane had so much less than the other three (chika, Kaguya, ishigami).

I’m guessing it has something to do with the LNs? Edit:Manga* Because anime wise I don’t see how he’s not just as popular or honestly more popular than the others. He even has less than Ai and Miko, I know it comes down to personal preference but I just don’t see how that much of a gap has formed between him and the rest. Please no spoilers😊
TheHoodSenpaiFeb 14, 2022 6:40 PM
Feb 14, 2022 9:50 AM
Jul 2021
yeah idk either. he is my fav character beside ofc Kaguya duh
Feb 14, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2021
There isn't a LN for kaguya-sama, but there is a manga and people say that he's even cooler later so if you ask me it's probably because most people think he's too ordinary compared to the rest of the cast. I personally think he's an amazing character but only have Ishigami in favourites
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Feb 14, 2022 9:56 AM

Jun 2021
TheHoodSenpai said:
I’ll start this off by saying I’m an anime only. I know it doesn’t matter but taking a glance at the characters and how much favorites they have I’ve always wondered why Shirogane had so much less than the other three (chika, Kaguya, ishigami).

I’m guessing it has something to do with the LNs? Because anime wise I don’t see how he’s not just as popular or honestly more popular than the others. He even has less than Ai and Miko, I know it comes down to personal preference but I just don’t see how that much of a gap has formed between him and the rest. Please no spoilers😊

Its cause he doesn't have a unique personality like the others
I don't like him tbh
The only characters which I actually like are chika and ishigami tbh
Feb 14, 2022 10:02 AM
Jul 2021
ChildEmperor_ said:
TheHoodSenpai said:

I’m guessing it has something to do with the LNs? Because anime wise I don’t see how he’s not just as popular or honestly more popular than the others. He even has less than Ai and Miko, I know it comes down to personal preference but I just don’t see how that much of a gap has formed between him and the rest. Please no spoilers😊

I don't like him tbh

doesn't have an unique character? do we even watch the same thing? rewatch s2ep11 and say that again man. chika is annoying at times too btw
Feb 14, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2021
Parad0x_ said:
ChildEmperor_ said:

I don't like him tbh

doesn't have an unique character? do we even watch the same thing? rewatch s2ep11 and say that again man. chika is annoying at times too btw
I forgot to write ✍️ imo
We will agree to disagree
No point in arguing
Feb 14, 2022 10:08 AM
Jul 2021
ChildEmperor_ said:
Parad0x_ said:

I forgot to write ✍️ imo
We will agree to disagree
No point in arguing

fair enough. 🤝
Feb 14, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2021
TheHoodSenpai said:

it's the protagonist syndrome 😂 , idk wht it is with anime but it's very rare for the protagonist to be the loved/most famous one , it happens even with best girls like in case of re zero , maybe because the protags are normally blank for obvious reasons.
Feb 14, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 2021
Thank you for this! I never really understood why either 🤔 Even just going by both the manga and anime, he's involved in most of the biggest and best moments. That's our Prez!
Feb 14, 2022 11:07 AM
May 2021
TheHoodSenpai said:

I’ve also wondered that myself, I am personally like him a lot
Feb 14, 2022 11:07 AM
Dec 2020
TheHoodSenpai said:

In the manga he is by far the best character. There isn't a LN, the manga is the original source, and there he chapter after chapter is always showing that he is the best character, the best romcom mc and imo one of the best mc I've ever seen
Feb 14, 2022 11:55 AM

Jun 2021
TheHoodSenpai said:

Shirogane is a really good character,am sure his favourites will rise once the rest of the manga gets adapted. In fact after Ai Hayasaka he's the most hardworking and determined figure in the series. Ishigami probably has this many favourites coz many ppl can relate to him?? I mean that's my personal reason why he's in my favourites at least. But I can assure all the main characters are quite good in the upcoming chapters,well all except Chika ofcourse but that can be passed coz she's the comic relief. But honestly Shirogane is a better character than Kaguya,for me at least.
Feb 14, 2022 1:16 PM
Feb 2022
Depends on taste, I think Shirogane is my fave character in the series. He's got a lot of personality aside from being the boring "strict school council president". He's the most admirable one in the series for me, which is more important to me than Ishigami's relatabilty. He's truly an awesome character to read/watch.
Feb 14, 2022 1:28 PM
Sep 2021
I am Scared
If Kaguya Sama Dies with Heart Attack Because of the love shit from Season 2 Because of Shirogane

Feb 14, 2022 1:54 PM
Feb 2021
there's no light novel. Shigorane is just less iconic than the others characters, he's not the most funny, the most sad, he's just a solid character there in the middle
Feb 14, 2022 2:03 PM

Oct 2021
Idk man, he just feels too normal for a comedy anime. I can't even remember a single good joke from him
Feb 14, 2022 5:27 PM
Oct 2020
ChildEmperor_ said:
TheHoodSenpai said:

I don't like him tbh

I'd say him helping Ishigami sold me on his character, mans a cool guy, and we will see more later
Feb 14, 2022 5:50 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
I like Shirogane a lot too. I think the reason he's unpopular mostly comes down to how he has to compete with all of the other characters. I know that if he was the protagonist of a different anime, then he'd be my favorite character in it, but as it stands, Kaguya-sama has so many well-written characters that I'd only consider him 4th favorite overall.
I pretend I'm funny
Feb 14, 2022 5:53 PM

Jul 2021
Shirogane has a pretty slow development in the manga imo but he still radiates chadness that's for sure.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 14, 2022 6:02 PM
May 2021
Don't worry Shirogane backstory is also cool and I'm pretty sure people are going to like him more after the manga is adapted.
Feb 14, 2022 6:06 PM
Apr 2018
TheHoodSenpai said:

I FEEL THIS ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL. Shirogane is genuinely a top 20 anime characters of all time for me. I have a spot in my top ten on MAL that’s essentially just rotating through the characters in that top 20 favorites of mine that I feel aren’t as loved. Idk, people are entitled to their own opinions but the gap really does make me wonder. I know that Kaguya Sama has been botted in the past (which is why Ishigami was like top 30 characters something that one point) but even after bot removal Shirogane is pretty behind. I get he’s not as zany on the surface but I think his more average and put together outer demeanor is what makes his more zany moments or inner anxieties more fun for me. Maybe it’s because his development is more scattered? S1 leans more Kaguya growth in its more serious parts and S2 is more Ishigami and Ino in its serious stuff. Not that Shirogane hasn’t grown, because he has, but it’s not as highlighted as those three. Then Chika may not have had any epic character development but she has meme and moe power on her side. As for Ai I’m not sure but she’s actually my best girl of all of the girls so I’m more okay she’s on the same playing field. Anyways, that’s the best logic I have and just wanted to let you know you are not alone in being a Shirogane stan.
Feb 14, 2022 6:20 PM

Jul 2017
Shirogane miyuki is my favorite character in kaguya sama
Followed by hayasaka and ishigami
Feb 14, 2022 8:25 PM

Jun 2021
HARSHBEINGHARSH said:
TheHoodSenpai said:

it's the protagonist syndrome 😂 , idk wht it is with anime but it's very rare for the protagonist to be the loved/most famous one , it happens even with best girls like in case of re zero , maybe because the protags are normally blank for obvious reasons.
Not necessarily but yeah it does happen a lot
Feb 14, 2022 8:26 PM

Jun 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
Idk man, he just feels too normal for a comedy anime. I can't even remember a single good joke from him
Yeah that's the best way I would also put it
Feb 14, 2022 8:27 PM

Sep 2020
i [personally dont like him much but i think hes pretty cool
Feb 14, 2022 10:05 PM
Feb 2021
When I was anime only I didn't like him that much but without going into spoilers, he becomes 69% more Chad than what he already is.
Feb 15, 2022 1:10 AM
Jan 2021
im pretty sure manga readers unanimously love him. i mean i sure do, even more than our lord and saviour ishigami yuu
Feb 15, 2022 7:19 AM

Nov 2021
I like him a lot better than Kaguya. I like them all though, here is my progression.

Chika - Shirogane - Hayasaka - Kaguya - Ishigami

For those saying he doesn't fit in comedy anime. He totally does. Most comedy in anime is garbage because it's either generic, chibi stuff or people acting painfully stupid, while in this show, you have all sorts of personalities interacting and having real life insecurities. You need a serious man in there or else it doesn't work.
Feb 15, 2022 5:59 PM
Oct 2014
He and Kaguya are obviously the best characters in the show. Ishigami’s the fan favorite because weebs relate to him and mix up relatability with good character writing.
Feb 17, 2022 2:22 PM
Oct 2021
honestly i think he's even more of a chad in the manga especially the latest chapters
Feb 19, 2022 9:02 AM
Dec 2021
I like ishigami more but shirogane is ok.
Wamen_RespecterJun 11, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 19, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2020
That's because he is a normal Rom-com protagonist where he/she changes the life of the significant other. Plus, his involvement with changing lives of other people gets overshadowed by those people who get character development. Like, it was because of Shirogane that Ishigami grew out of the guilt he lived throughout his whole life but people praise Ishigami more than Shirogane.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 4, 2022 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Protagonist Syndrome, people tend to be more interested to second or third most character that took the screentime quota. I think Shirogane is pretty solid top-tier main character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.