Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2022 6:07 AM

Aug 2018
i'm not sure about one anime that has give such a big impact to change my life,
but surely all of those anime i watched were and impact themself to creat me as who i am right now.
still having great time with my stuff
Feb 16, 2022 6:19 AM
Jan 2017
KamisamaArigatou said:
Higurashi, because through that I found the visual novel. That changed my life. I'm now reading Umineko, and that's impacted my life even more than Higurashi. They've both got great themes and allow you to see things from multiple perspectives. Umi's the greatest piece of fiction, Higurashi isn't far behind.

Fate, because I then read the visual novel, and this is when I realized good writing doesn't necessarily equate to good stories or storytelling.

NGE + EoE. I don't necessarily know how it impacted me, since I haven't thought about it too deeply, but it's affected me.

Even Higurashi is life impacting. I think I have seen enough MAL for now.
Feb 16, 2022 6:24 AM
Jan 2017
KamisamaArigatou said:
Higurashi, because through that I found the visual novel. That changed my life. I'm now reading Umineko, and that's impacted my life even more than Higurashi. They've both got great themes and allow you to see things from multiple perspectives. Umi's the greatest piece of fiction, Higurashi isn't far behind.

Fate, because I then read the visual novel, and this is when I realized good writing doesn't necessarily equate to good stories or storytelling.

NGE + EoE. I don't necessarily know how it impacted me, since I haven't thought about it too deeply, but it's affected me.

Higurashi being a favorite is okay but life impacting!!! I think I have seen enough MAL for today.
Feb 16, 2022 6:32 AM

Nov 2021
I would say Clannad after story, Code Geass, And monster
・Clannad because its shows a Singke parents hardshio
・Code Geass because of how its shows war, i know other shows abt war are better but the ending is just that good imo
・Monster because it changed how I see human lives philosophy

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 16, 2022 6:45 AM

Oct 2019
This might not be up to people's likes but here goes nothing. Keep in mind, I'm implying impact in a sense of what changed me, regardless of it being horrible or touching, it counts because of how many unforgettable memories I got from it.

- Rent-a-Girlfriend: Main reason why I returned watching anime.

- Haikyuu!!: Made me start watching other sports anime and almost had me start playing sports.

- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Deliberately shaped my sense of humour up to this day.

- One-Punch Man: I liked it so much, I started searching for 'shows that have OP characters' and had me rewatching it non-stop.

- That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime: Rewatched it a couple of times, the reason why I started liking isekai and made me absorbed in my own power fantasy.

- Redo of Healer: A huge dumpster fire that happened to be the trigger that caused me to willingly watch anything that becomes a source of controversy.

- Kuroko no Basket: Had me thinking I was a prodigy at Basketball and started moving like them, thinking I was so cool and going to surpass the pros.

- One Piece: Gave me lots of insight into reality, made me learn to never judge a book by its cover and was the first one to show me the true meaning of hype.

- The Promised Neverland: The first disturbing show that pulled me into the psychological aspects of any story. Made me appreciate a show more when psychology is implied into their writing with a mature view.

- The God of High School: It taught me that bad writing can't simply save a show and affected how I perceived other shows that emphasise this kind of writing.

- SNAFU: Honestly, I wouldn't expect this show to grow on me, but it did. I love the characters, though this kind of perception of life will change later on as I get older but it had me going into this phase of "I'm 14 and this is deep."

And yeah, it's a pretty long list, but this tells me how it impacted me and what happened right after those occasions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2022 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
The Gundam Franchise
Cowboy Bebop
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Feb 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Mar 2021
For me it was

Another
Bunny Girl Senpai
Danganronpa

which impacted my life the most and for the most duration.

If you think

Danganronpa character voice in English is better than Japanese

Please Get Some Help

Feb 16, 2022 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
Hyouka and Girls’ Last Tour played a huge role in making me appreciate and embrace the little things in life and the fact that I’m even alive in the first place. Really taught to make the most out of the mundane and seize that sense of wonder and awe.
Feb 16, 2022 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
For me it's Angel Beats! and Sore ga Seiyuu. Here's why.

I saw Angel Beats! when I was 15, I had just failed my first year of high school and had to change my vision of the future.

Honestly I had no direction, nothing I wanted to do, and Angel Beats! gave me what was going to become my dream.

I resonated deeply with a character, and thought that her dream wass the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I honestly thought that I wanted to do it as well, albeit adjusted to my own life.

That's when I decided I was going to be a voice actor, to give emotions to people like me that never felt anything outside of fiction, and maybe making even one day of their life less miserable. All thanks to a ln anime.

However, years after, I found myself forced to admit it was impossible, I had to throw my dream away and I couldn't.

I made extensive research on why it was impossible and decided to watch Sore ga Seiyuu, I thought that seeing an idealized version of my dream would make me understand just how much I was lacking, and it worked.

Sore ga Seiyuu successfully destroyed the idea i built my life on, everything that Angel Beats! created.
That's why both anime are the most influential in my life.
Feb 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Jan 2022
Chimmichandesu said:

Wooww! That's amazing. I haven't watched this series yet but hearing you talk, now I'm gonna. I actually like watching classic anime shows although not a lot of sci-fi. Thanks for expressing your thoughts!

You can't go wrong with Captain Harlock stuff, or any of the other Leiji Matsumoto stories animated. Just note (since you haven't seen this stuff) there are TWO versions of Captain Harlock and TWO versions of the Arcadia ship. The 1978 original has him flying around in a blue ship called Arcadia and his friend Tochiro is already dead (not a spoiler, we learn this right off). Captain Harlock wears denim blue jeans (often referred to as "Blue Jean Harlock" back in the day). He's already a pirate at this point and his fight is with the Mazone Empire in 2977 when Earth has been invaded by them and the planet is complacent and blames him for everything but he fights for Earth.This is the same version of Harlock we get in the psuedo sequel Captain Herlock Outside Odyssey Legend, but he's not wearing jeans and looks like his other self and flies around in the later Arcadia (green with huge skull on front).

Then there's the other Captain Harlock who's origins are seen in the ARCADIA OF MY YOUTH (or My Youth In Arcadia) movie, Endless Odyssey SSX, and he fights the Illmidus Empire who've conquered the galaxy and colonized Earth, but The Captain fights on. In other stories like Harlock Saga, Galaxy Express 999 stories he also looks the same. This version wears all black and flies around in a green Arcadia with skull on front and Tochiro isn't dead. DO NOT try to link any of the stories up though. The Leiji-verse has no real continuity. You can kind of sort of bridge them, but other than SSX (connected to the movie), there was never an official follow up to any previous shows from the outing before it. Matsumoto-san basically tells different self contained stories using the same characters in different ways normally. Emeraldas is also a major bad ass (female space pirate) who got her own OVA series at one point too.
Feb 16, 2022 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
no anime has necessarily impacted my life in a crazy way but a silent voice really hit home for me. i relate to the protagonist a lot.

blockberry creative will pay for its crimes

Feb 17, 2022 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
Haruhi, K-On! and Hibike! Euphonium redefined my perception of art and demonstrated the extent of what it is capable of in shaping my way of thinking and emotional state. Thanks to these series, I saw anime in new lights and opened up a side of experience in the corner of my brain that I never knew could possibly exist before.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 17 minutes ago

5 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by animegamer245 »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

36 by Lhundrup »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

18 by Zarutaku »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

24 by BitChilly »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.