Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2010 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is actually quite good, better than what I have expected^^ There quite a lot of drama in it. Hopefully Yuki's ability doesn't cause him too much trouble right now, at least he's a lot better than those people nearby as they didn't even try to stop the fight :D The end was good because it's nice to see Luka saving Yuki at the end.
ShanaFlameApr 9, 2010 6:19 PM
Apr 9, 2010 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
Ishida-san's voice~! Jun Jun's voice!

Touko sounds like Kyoko! (I know her other roles, but not using the voice as near as Kyoko)

It was nice so far.
tsubasaloverApr 9, 2010 10:46 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2010 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
i love it!! *( > w <)*
Apr 10, 2010 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
XDD yuki is manlier than i imagined, lol~
and luca is so hot! ~w~
the opening wasnt bad either~(the beginning reminded me a lil bit of bleach op2 dtecnolife, lol)
looking forward to this~
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Apr 10, 2010 11:18 AM
Oct 2008
The first episode is out?
Apr 10, 2010 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
Carolina said:
The real first ep. on TV won't be out until next week, but the internet ver./pre-air ver. is already out.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2010 4:05 PM

Jun 2009
Carolina said:

where did ya found it ??
Apr 10, 2010 4:25 PM

Jun 2009
Ahh forget it i found it already< xD

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Apr 11, 2010 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
Eh, I have a high tolerance for fujioshi bait providing the characters are real men. These were just a bunch of ladyboys
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Apr 11, 2010 10:41 AM

Oct 2009
Animation and art is quite good for a BL adaptation.

BTW, who's gonna sub this? Aarinfantasy?
Apr 11, 2010 12:47 PM

May 2007
Shounen Ai arg gotta see the genres next time before i watch it :<
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Apr 11, 2010 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Apparently Yuurisan-Subs and Crunchyroll are both subbing it.

Btw, I heard it's not technically Shounen Ai. It just has gay vibes. I still haven't seen anything gay in the manga either. But I'm only at like chapter 30. Can anyone else prove it?
removed-userApr 11, 2010 12:54 PM
Apr 11, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
How come during the preview for next episode the character's were talking about nail clippers?
Apr 11, 2010 2:58 PM

Sep 2009
This ep was awesome ♥
Luka is soooo hot.
Apr 11, 2010 3:16 PM

Dec 2008
That was um...dramatic...
Not quite up to par with what I imagined, but the art is really pretty ^^
Apr 11, 2010 3:36 PM
Aug 2008
the bit with the nail clippers at the end was hilarious...
Nothing really gay has happened in the manga, who knows if it ever will, it just has lots of "we-all-know-they're-in-love-but-they-won't-do-anything-about-it"
Apr 11, 2010 4:38 PM

Dec 2008
Oookay~ So, I really don't like Yuki's voice. Idk who it is but Imo it doesn't suit him. Why am I not surprised that Luka's seiyuu is Suzaku's and Clouds seiyuu? lol

I thought it was overly dramatic. I burst out laughing half the time because it was just ridiculous how exaggerated things were. ^^;; I think it's the music, 'cause I wasn't affected like this by the manga. O.o
I was happy to see the animation wasn't too bad, though. =) I mean look at what they did to 07 Ghost. Dx I'm so glad the shiny is missing.

All in all Idk if I'm going to watch this. =T
Apr 11, 2010 4:49 PM

Nov 2009
shuffleair said:
How come during the preview for next episode the character's were talking about nail clippers?

Yes, that was what was on my mind too depressingly enough. =/
...If i can be very accepting of BL i think i can like this series.... Maybe. The story seems actually good though! At least in the end i can say i have seen a BL adaption.
Apr 11, 2010 5:25 PM

Jun 2008
well, i loved the first ep! hot bishies and an eternal love story:D seems awesome to me.
And cute Boys love rocks!*sparkling eyes*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 11, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, I've been praying for BL for months! And this looks perfect, Luka and Yuki are incredibly hot, and there's a good story surrounding it too!

My only worry is, is Yuki was a girl before 'she' somehow became a guy, does this mean Yuki will be a girl again? I certainly hope not. :(

Can't wait for the next episode!

Apr 11, 2010 6:09 PM

Jun 2008
DarcyD said:

My only worry is, is Yuki was a girl before 'she' somehow became a guy, does this mean Yuki will be a girl again? I certainly hope not. :(

No, he will not. Yuki is her reencarnation but he will remain as a boy, lol:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 11, 2010 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
Is it just me, or does it feel like JC Staff are EVERYWHERE? (Not a complaint, btw.)

Aaaanyway. This was ok. I dunno, it reminded me of Loveless for some reason, only I can take this seriously. And with less paedophiles.

Overall quite nice art, but the faces looked strange in a couple of places, especially the noses...and the chins, at the beginning of the episode in particular. Yowch. (Although i've no right to complain about sharp chins, being a Junjou Romantica fan XDDD)

Hmm. I...I really don't have anything to say. I don't know. The name Luka reminds me of Megurine Luka. xD;
Apr 11, 2010 7:12 PM

Feb 2010
Nia9001 said:
Animation and art is quite good for a BL adaptation.

BTW, who's gonna sub this? Aarinfantasy?

No they're not this time. http://www.aarinfantasy.com/ Yuurisan however will be subbing it =)

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru was great but the character design reminded me of VK. I hope Yuki doesn't cause anymore trouble for Luka. =x My only concern is why does Yuki look more like a girl even though he is a boy?
Apr 11, 2010 7:20 PM

Oct 2009
Yay finally i've waiting for this since omg a long time lol. I like the art, it can look weird at times but overall there's hot bishies everywhere. Yes i get weak with bishies everywhere *nosebleed*! I'm reading the manga and there's tiny little changes but doesn't affect the anime for me much, i like it ~.~ + this is my first shounen-ai anime so this is getting me into it hehehehe. I also love the theme song ^.^
Apr 11, 2010 7:26 PM

May 2008
Well, it wasn't bad, but I had a feeling it would be one of those animes where the boys look pretty, but the plot is somehow inexcusable. I'm sort of wondering what the general plot is though..it's a bit confusing.

Eh, depending on how the rest turns out, this might receive a 7 on my scale for the whole series. If it gets better, an 8.

I kind of like it though, probably only 'cause of the mild shonen-ai @__@ I'm such a whore for yaoi. Can't resist.

Apr 11, 2010 7:42 PM

Feb 2009
Orulyon said:
DarcyD said:

No, he will not. Yuki is her reencarnation but he will remain as a boy, lol:D

aww I want him to be a girl again XD... oh well :) I haven't watched a BL since like...loveless..
Apr 11, 2010 8:06 PM
Dec 2008
I don't really like Shounen-Ai or Yaoi that much, but I did like this first episode a lot, good pacing, animation, interesting characters, etc. Hoping it won't get too generic-yaoi-manga in the next episodes because it has lots of potential.
Apr 11, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
Wow F.Jun and Miyano Mamoru being the seiyuu's for this show.!
<3<3
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 11, 2010 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
I am a shounen-ai fan, but for some reason I don't like the fact that yuki used to be a girl. Its kind of bothersome..I have no idea how to explain it just bothers me. I though the first episode was o.k, hopefully it'll progress. The characters look awesome, I thought, at least. I can't help but look at the girl yuki used to be and the him now as two different people. Hopefully my thoughts will change, because I have really been looking forward to this.

OH!! LUKA IS AWESOME!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 11, 2010 9:56 PM

Apr 2009
Im also a little bothered that Yuki was once a girl..

But i liked it overall. And i am interested.
Apr 12, 2010 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
Technically it's one of those terrible series that are teasing the fujoshi all the way through with the probability that maybe, one day, under the perfect circumstances, when all the stars align certain male characters might actually do something with each other...
Most series are kept from actually acchieving something by that, but the first episode of UraBoku wasn't even that bad...

The only thing I think is terrible is Yuki's voice...honestly, can he sound even more gay?!
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 12, 2010 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
Just wanted to point out this is NOT BL: at most mildly shounen-ai suggestive XD.

/Well, unless Odagiri decides to do a U-Turn and rewrite story and characters /
Apr 12, 2010 3:56 AM

Oct 2009
This was actually better than I expected.

I thought I would be really bored, but it actually kept me entertained. Looking forward to the next ep.

Oh, and from what I've read from the manga, there's really nothing between them. Don't get disappointed when nobody ends up together lol

This must have been why they were talking about nail clippers:

Look at those things. e_e
Apr 12, 2010 6:05 AM

Jun 2009
GAH!! I hate Yuki CV T_T
and I kinda like Yuki but I hate his CV. Oh didnt expect him to be a girlXD

Overall its a good episode and I enjoyed it so probably I won't drop it..cause I pick it up randomlyXD

Apr 12, 2010 7:12 AM

Apr 2009
That was...pretty bad xP Yuki's voice hurts my ears, and it's weird, cause I liked his seiyuu in Higurashi x__X
The only reasons I'm going to keep watching this are the seiyuu (except for Yuki) - Ishida, Sakurai, Miyano, Fukuyama...pretty good cast. I hope it won't be wasted -.-
They may be more reasons in the future, if it gets better but for now...
That is all.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 12, 2010 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
ridojiri said:
Yuki's Seiyuu was ear cancer, and it's not like i've found Hoshi so bad that much in other things.
icky! you're right, Hoshi has done better. i wonder why he chose to use such a grating voice.... hope i can get used to it.

Ousto said:
This must have been why they were talking about nail clippers:

Look at those things. e_e

long fingernails are plain nasty.
Apr 12, 2010 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
feeling whatever a person feels when you touch them, that power would kind of suck sometimes
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 13, 2010 8:43 AM

Mar 2009
Haha I look forward to next preview, about what they will talking next time? XD I admire their seiyuu that they could do this with such seriousness.
As for seiyuu, I also unfortunately don't like Yuki's voice. He looks IMO pretty, but voice is ruining everything ;<
Apr 14, 2010 4:48 AM
Jun 2008
Apr 14, 2010 6:21 AM

Feb 2009

I think Yuki's voice is not so bad ... is cute (^-^)

Can't wait for more episodes *.*

Apr 14, 2010 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
seizonsha said:
The only thing I think is terrible is Yuki's voice...honestly, can he sound even more gay?!

Agreed. Yuki's voice is what bothers me most. :/
I can ignore how they turned Luka into the main-mainchara during the OP, and even pretend to not to see the weaknesses in the animation. But my ears just can't pretend not to hear Yuki's voice, and as a reader of the manga series, I'm really disappointed at how Yuki turned out so far :/ He just seems like your average uke-female-boy. Too sad.
I hope this will get better as the series goes on. ._.
Apr 14, 2010 3:42 PM

Feb 2009
Cenedess said:

The only reasons I'm going to keep watching this are the seiyuu (except for Yuki) - Ishida, Sakurai, Miyano, Fukuyama...pretty good cast.

And There's also Ono Daisuke!

I bought two volumes of Uraboku long ago, they're not that money-wasting, but I wish I didn't buy them though.
The manga itself is quite boring. And the fighting and magic casting scenes look too "shoujo"-ish. That's why I gave up at the second volume.

The anime version is as I expected. Not so exciting nor anything, but fine, at least. It looks more promising than the manga version.

However, it seems that the animators sure know how to attract the attentions, with many famous voice actors.
I don't know if I'm gonna continue watching the show BTW.

PS. Yuki's voice is such... I first heard his in the PV, and all I could do was to hope that my ears were playing a trick on me. His voice doesn't match his face at all! Can't the animator team cast someone with a more gentle voice !?

PSII And I can see the animators've been trying to pair Luka and female Yuki up, which is all right. 'Cause if it looks too Yaoi, some ppl'll not watch it.

Although I'm not a Yaoi fan, I'm not against it. BUT it'll be absolutely unforgivable if, in the far future, male Yuki genderbenders into a girl. That would make the plot easy, lame and happy.

:)
Apr 14, 2010 9:09 PM

Mar 2008
I wish this made some sense to me.

You had a hard time growing up because your mother made you feel like you're better off dead or never existed. Someone happened to find out about your trauma and tried to comfort you. You didn't want him to pry. Instead of simply telling him off, you sent him anonymous death threats and blamed your trauma on him instead of the source? Oooookay.

I realize it's BL where logical plot development and anatomy are the last of the creator's concerns but... maybe I'm better off just reading or watching another "rape him harder until he falls in love with you" series. Or another genre altogether. What a waste of an all-star cast.
Apr 15, 2010 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
It was rather excellent! I really want to know that past story....the guy with the sword looks rather amazing! Sakurai is rather interesting but when he was a princess in the past life OMG so gorgeous! Touko...that girl was rather also not bad......I particularly like the art......it's dazzling...where can I get more of this style! The mention of Raziel is rather interesting......he's actually the archangel of Mysteries and has rather a interesting background around the net. Well this series starts with a strong 8.

I am fascinated by Sakurai's ability! It's rather incredible. Feel kind of bad for that glass guy......his mother is so bad for not wanting him and the father of that other guy is a piece of shit that makes men look bad that make kids with their girl........and stay with the family.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 15, 2010 11:43 AM

Feb 2009
Well, I don't dislike it, but It's just too similiar to Vampire Knight or Angel Sanctuary. More to VK. Come on, the same graphic, these eyes(!) and all story. We'l see how It'll be, but for me It's about 6/10 for now.
Apr 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
Kotomi_Yuzuki said:
Well, I don't dislike it, but It's just too similiar to Vampire Knight or Angel Sanctuary. More to VK. Come on, the same graphic, these eyes(!)
Uh? Vampire Knight? Yeah a little but I find it still different even the art is to me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 16, 2010 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
It was... too much shoujo for me. Alright. Art is beautifull, seiyu are awesome...but. I NEED MORE BL xD hope they'll show us shounen-ai(ofcourse i want yaoi, but it is unreal xD)
Apr 16, 2010 4:54 PM

Mar 2010
ShootTheBullet said:
I realize it's BL where logical plot development and anatomy are the last of the creator's concerns but... maybe I'm better off just reading or watching another "rape him harder until he falls in love with you" series. Or another genre altogether. What a waste of an all-star cast.

Oh, come on now - this was only the first episode >_>
It didn't even have its focus on that story part about Utsuki, that was just introduced by now and is going to last for at least one whole more episode. That character is going to explain himself - but why wait to really know about something, when you can just come up talking complete trash in such a short time, uh?
For the main part of it, you're at least tried-out sarcastic side-remark ist unfitting as hell, since UraBoku isn't a BL, so yeah. How good this BL's don't have anything to do with good storys&Co., and how good UraBoku has got nothing to do with BL *lol*
I just love people that are spitting in their owns bowls at the end of it...*rolleyes*

Kotomi_Yuzuki said:
Well, I don't dislike it, but It's just too similiar to Vampire Knight or Angel Sanctuary. More to VK. Come on, the same graphic, these eyes(!) and all story. We'l see how It'll be, but for me It's about 6/10 for now.

Really, UraBoku is nothing like VK at all. Story, characters, everythings completly different, except for the fact, that both are shoujo. VK can't compare to Uraboku, not in the least ^^
The art does look similiar, but its not as if they could be exchanged or something... exspecially the eyes - in VK they don't look as detailed I think. Just compare Toko to Yuki (uff, what a shame that comparison is...^^")

KAKTYC-T9|H said:
I NEED MORE BL xD

Again - not going to happen. Just deal with it or you'll just be very disappointed in the end.
Apr 16, 2010 5:10 PM
May 2008
Kotomi_Yuzuki said:

Well, forget the eyes... THE STORY! It's just like Lucifer & Alexiel/Setsuna all over again >< They guy's not only named Luca, but dresses like Lucifer... and that sword >< Still, this makes it even more worth watching =P
Apr 16, 2010 8:27 PM

Mar 2008
AmayaRayka said:
why wait to really know about something

Because there's only so much time I can spare in a day? If you have the time to keep watching something you're not sure you'd enjoy, by all means, do it. Between that and something I know I'd enjoy, I would definitely put the latter in higher priority. If I don't get to the rest (e.g. UraBoku, or sitting in front of a screen for hours altogether), what can I do - c'est la vie. How I spend my spare time is entirely up to me. No one has a right to judge me for that.

how good UraBoku has got nothing to do with BL *lol*

It does. I find it unbearable if the innuendo or fanservice is in my face, or the relationship they're trying to sell to me - the audience - is not convincing. Before anyone makes assumptions again, the sexual orientation does not matter. *rolleyes*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 3 Discussion

Airitoizzy - Apr 25, 2010

30 by Lubianka_ »»
Aug 28, 2023 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.