Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 2022 5:01 PM

Nov 2016
I was afraid that all the additional anime original Yamato chasing from previous episodes would leave a bad taste in retrospect. Her coming clutch black&white was ⚡tho.

And as I said last week, Toei loves to gas the Headliners. Entrance for Hamlet and Fourtricks (crazy designs lmao) was a bit flashy, but thank God they weren't allowed to give our boys any trouble. Funny how Sanj got pissed off because he wasn't mentioned. Sorry, you got the lowest bounty and yet they would've have mentioned Zoro for sure despite his being even lower

There were a few dope scenes like Kaido human form + potential foreshadowing at the end (was rearranged to be at the end btw) and all samurai fighting brave, but all in all an extra mid episode. Pretty random to name it after Chopper when his part didn't stand out that much xD
FMmatronJan 15, 2022 8:05 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2022 6:34 PM

Jan 2020
That Yamato part was pretty dope and I like what they did with it.

I thought the episode was pretty alright as a whole but it did have it's good moment s

Jan 15, 2022 6:38 PM

Feb 2020
ayeee that yamato animation was pretty dope but I feel like the pacing towards luffys arrival on the roof is a little long. I also like how they are bringing chopper into the fight more now, with the need for medicine for those zombie things lmao

Jan 15, 2022 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Disoriented said:
ayeee that yamato animation was pretty dope but I feel like the pacing towards luffys arrival on the roof is a little long. I also like how they are bringing chopper into the fight more now, with the need for medicine for those zombie things lmao

Pacing as always is poor.
Jan 15, 2022 6:46 PM

Apr 2021
The episode was nice nothing too special

the yamato animation and impact frames tho :0
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jan 15, 2022 7:18 PM
Dec 2019
It was cool how Yamato saved Momo because he almost died. Kiku looks like she's in rough shape. I hope she's able to keep up with the others. I didn't think they would use Kin'emon fire to stop the bleeding. This episode was pretty good but the title was a little misleading.
Jan 15, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2021
1 million episode later luffy reaches the roof
May 2021

Feb 2020
Vindicater said:
Disoriented said:

very much so especially here in wano

Jan 15, 2022 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Second week with the new OP and I love it even more :D

Unfortunately nothing too much happened in this episode, even if we got some amazing scenes. It's funny how Yamato still has to chase after Shinobu and Momo, because they don't trust her.
King definitely has the right idea about if they're able to kill Momo, that the samurai most likely would lose their spirit to fight.

Respect for Shinobu. She might not be the strongest, but the will to sacrifice herself for Momo and protecting him at any cost was very brave of her.
It looked quite bad to say the least, but what a moment when Yamato finally arrived. The transition to black and white and going back into color for her attack looked super dope. I just hope Momo and Shinobu now are able to trust Yamato.

The situation with the oni virus got even worse, especially now that someone like Ohmasa got infected and is about to transform. Knowing Chopper it was very clear, how much he would hate Queen for what he's doing.

The introduction of Hamlet and Fourtricks was by far the funniest part. Sometimes I really wonder where Oda gets inspiration for such weird and crazy designs lol. And with the experience not to judge someones strength only by his appearance, I wasn't sure if they represent any threat. But yeah, this issue was handled immediately by Sanji and Jimbei lol.

I still can't believe Kikus arm is gone. The fight against Kaido is definitely about to go into the next round. And I'm honestly way more affraid about his human form than his dragon form. This will be tough for Kinemon and the rest.

Let's see what happens next week.

Jan 15, 2022 8:50 PM

Aug 2019
Another week, another episode where almost nothing happens for 90% of the episode. But the anime has done something that I wasn't expecting; they've managed to make Yamato less tolerable in the anime than she was in the manga, for me anyway. I think it's because she's been getting more screentime in the anime with all the added (and largely pointless) filler scenes.

Also at this rate the battle between the Akazaya and Kaido will last another 3 episodes, each one being a forced cliffhanger. :/
Jan 15, 2022 9:14 PM
Jul 2015
xxxohunter said:
I'm getting dressrosa flashbacks 😖
Jan 15, 2022 9:19 PM
Jan 2022
Yamato still delusional as always. Too bad that Shinobu and Momo got busted by Bao Huang and therefore Shinobu attacked too many times by Kaido subordinates till she can't stand anymore. Glad that Yamato arrived on time to save both of them.

Fire was able to heal Kiku, is such thing existed? isn't it just add another trouble?

No significant action of Chopper, Usopp, and Nami yet, although the preview promised it will be happened on this episode, kinda disappointing. Next time shouldn't believe much on preview lol.
Jan 15, 2022 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Ardi8 said:
Yamato still delusional as always. Too bad that Shinobi and Momo got busted by Bao Huang and therefore she attacked too many times by Kaido subordinates till she can't stand anymore. Glad that Yamato srrived on time to save both of them.

Fire was able to heal Kiku, is such thing existed? isn't it just add another trouble?

No significant action of Chopper, Usopp, and Nami yet, although the preview promised it will be happened on this episode, kinda disappointing. Next time shouldn't believe much on preview lol.

Yeah, such thing exist!!
Fire cupping is an ancient therapy technique that originated in the Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. As seen in the popular movie The Karate Kid, the character Miyagi used fire cupping to help heal the injuries that the student, Dre, sustained while training and fighting.
Jan 15, 2022 9:31 PM

Jul 2021
The wait for Roof Piece continues....6 chapters remain..
Jan 15, 2022 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
That guy ate a fruit... and then turned into a chicken's ass.

F his life, great episode.

--
Edit: seeing that mouthof his, he was a chicken's asshole specifically.

Sanji saw what he saw. No BS. Just chicken. Great animation through and through.

A

Show's been slowly upping the gore given the arc. Her fingers twitching on the ground as the icing on the for me. Sorry for Kiku. She's the least experienced and the last notable she cut down was someone she thought was a closest friend and she's one arm down at the moment if anything.
kUshPandA_ENJOiJan 15, 2022 10:20 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jan 15, 2022 10:37 PM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
I was afraid that all the additional anime original Yamato chasing from previous episodes would leave a bad taste in retrospect. Her coming clutch black&white was ⚡tho.

And as I said last week, Toei loves to gas the Headliners. Entrance for Hamlet and Fourtricks (crazy designs lmao) was a bit flashy, but thank God they weren't allowed to give our boys any trouble. Funny how Sanj got pissed off because he wasn't mentioned. Sorry, you got the lowest bounty and yet they would've have mentioned Zoro for sure despite his being even lower

There were a few dope scenes like Kaido human form + potential foreshadowing at the end (was rearranged to be at the end btw) and all samurai fighting brave, but all in all an extra mid episode. Pretty random to name it after Chopper when his part didn't stand out that much xD

I liked the episode considering the chapter was nothing that great Toei really tries to add the emotional aspect to characters which Oda lacked during this raid.
Adaption was 5/5 and overall eps 4/5.Though pacing still sucks big time but it will never change.
However almost every episode after 1000 is good adaption and above average.I remember we had many ass episode after that great 982 and 990 eps.Kinda have high hopes now that they will fully show Kaido beating scabbards.
Jan 15, 2022 10:51 PM

Apr 2021
I really liked I love One Piece so much
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Jan 15, 2022 10:52 PM

Sep 2015
DUDE THE WAY THEY ANIMATED YAMATO AT 5:13?!?! JUST WHY?! Sometimes Yamato would receive terrible animation just why?? jeez Toei

This isn't the first time we get Yamato animated terribly, that time we got her poorly animated

An example from episode 996

ESPECIALLY 996! JUST LOOK AT THE BODY PROPORTION ?! What is this?!

I'm surprised how NO ONE even talks about this?

I hated this episode at first, but after seeing Yamato intervening to save Momonosuke and Shinobu, it went up to an okay rating for me.

Cmon Toei, stop butchering my Yamato like that.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 15, 2022 11:18 PM

Oct 2017
Yamato hype! That scene was epic.
Jan 15, 2022 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
Another week has passed, another episode of one piece where nothing happened.
Jan 15, 2022 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Well episode kicks off with Yamato doing her usual crazy routine freaking out Shinobu and Momo XD but she redeems herself by saving Momo from being killed. Shinobu was outnumbered and backed into a corner but she protected Momo the best she could. Yamato's attack was pretty cool looking when she sent that guy flying as well.

The Ice Oni virus is still running rampant and even Ohmasa got infected from a small nail scratch and it spread so fast through his system. I wonder if the preview is alluding to a potential cure for the virus hopefully so because they can only defend against their infected allies for so long.

When those two Hamlet and Fourtricks appeared I thought: What in the Holy F**K am I looking at!? Sanji and Jimbei's expressions summed it up perfectly and I was so thankful when they one shot both of them. Oda knows exactly what he is doing creating designs from his deepest nightmares and sharing them with his audience; what a generous individual ^-^

Kiku was definitely shaken and shocked but thankfully they were able to bandage and burn the wound to seal it up and Kiku is ready and willing to keep fighting; hopefully fighting one armed doesn't prove to be to much of a determent (sure was nice of Kaido to stop attacking while our Samurai did all that XD). But, looks like Kaido is going to take this fight even more seriously as he returns to his human form seems this battle is going to get even more intense going forward!

Jan 16, 2022 12:14 AM

Apr 2013
Toei is legit ruining the build up to roof piece. Pacing is dreadful.
Jan 16, 2022 12:52 AM

Sep 2021
Disoriented said:
Vindicater said:

very much so especially here in wano

the first 2 qcts were pretty well done tbh but after luffy and co arrived at onigashima the pacing has just been god awful for the last 24 episodes or so
Jan 16, 2022 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yamato scene was well done, animation was good as well!!
Jan 16, 2022 1:21 AM
Sep 2017
Don't know if one piece will end by around 2025 or not but luffy surely will reach the roof by then.
Jan 16, 2022 1:46 AM
Dec 2021
I'm honestly just here waiting for Law to pop up somewhere cuz it's already been six episodes since we've seen him
Jan 16, 2022 1:59 AM

Oct 2009
Strange amount of work put into a rather normal episode, hopefully the quality continues.
Jan 16, 2022 1:59 AM

Jun 2019
I'm glad that Yamato was there to protect both Shinobu and Momo. Also, glad to see that Kiku is alright and nothing major happened. Other than that, it was a fine episode. The things are gonna heat up, it seems like.
Jan 16, 2022 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Well, at least Shinobu will start trusting Yamato a little more.

Sanji and Jinbei angrily hitting the weird-looking SMILE users was funny.

Kiku can still fight! Time for the fight against Kaidou to continue.
Jan 16, 2022 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
The name of the episode was related to the Chopper and the Chopper itself was shown for maybe 10 seconds xD
Jan 16, 2022 6:56 AM

Nov 2016
Ayu_01 said:
FMmatron said:

I liked the episode considering the chapter was nothing that great Toei really tries to add the emotional aspect to characters which Oda lacked during this raid.
Adaption was 5/5 and overall eps 4/5.Though pacing still sucks big time but it will never change.
However almost every episode after 1000 is good adaption and above average.I remember we had many ass episode after that great 982 and 990 eps.Kinda have high hopes now that they will fully show Kaido beating scabbards.

Yeah, the content wasn't anything to write home about, but it worked as a chapter. You read it in what, 3-5 minutes max? For a 20 min adaptation it's simply not meaty enough. And this wasn’t even the entire chapter. I enjoyed the episode despite not thinking of it as eventful for the duration nonetheless. Had some cool moments and I dig the hilarious Headliner designs haha. Directing overall was nice.

@AhriTheS3xyFox man xD Although, I somewhat agree with you. The additional screen time isn't doing her any favors.

@AhriTheS3xyFox now you're capping even more

FMmatronJan 16, 2022 9:07 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2022 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:

@AhriTheS3xyFox chill man xD Although, I somewhat agree with you. The additional screen time isn't doing her any favors.

WHAT?! Somewhat?!?! This happens to her way more than it should ! It's like Toei hates her ! Despite that shes a new character, all other characters get better animation than she does?!

EVEN WORSE?!?! You noticed how her bust size shrinked this whole entire episode?! It must be Japans legality change from age 18 to 20 now. Which would impact how the anime industry on how they portray the female characters, as they have to tone it down!!!! Thats probably why Yamato looks like this!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 16, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2010
This weeks filler was:

extended Yamato chasing scenes
Shinobu wall hiding scenes
extended shinobu vs armoured division goons
Queen gunning down even more goons
Ohmasa being infected was shown - this is the only filler scene that was probably an imrpovement
Jan 16, 2022 9:50 AM
May 2019
did momo just using advance observation haki at 11:23 when that axe guy try to hit him? Yamato hand briefly showed before he moved
Jan 16, 2022 10:22 AM

Dec 2019
That Yamato part was awesome cant wait for next ep

Also episode was named around chopper and didnt get to see hardly any of him lmao
Jan 16, 2022 11:07 AM

Aug 2021
Yamato's attack was awesome... I did not expected them to play that ost at Hamlet and Fourtricks introduction had me laughing for a headliner XD

loved this king frame!
Jan 16, 2022 1:42 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The Kaido portion was masterfully directed.
Jan 16, 2022 2:31 PM

Apr 2018
Only the Yamato part of the episode was great the rest was the same as usual. Go CHOPPER!!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 16, 2022 2:38 PM
Jan 2021
LIKE EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, SO MUCH BADASSERY!

Firstly, WHY DOESN'T SHINOBU TRUST YAMATO GIVEN THAT LUFFY TOLD THEM TO TRUST HIM?!?!?!??!?! LUFFY'S WORD IS ALWAYS TRUE AND VALID NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While Shinobu and Momo are runnning away they get into a confrontation with Sasaki and the Armored Division. As the name implies, all of the people within it are armored, so Shinobi's weapons don't make a dent in them. During the fight, Shinobi gets hit by a couple of arrows in the back while protecting Momonosuke. She tells him to run because he's going to be the next Shogun of the Land of Wano. Momonosuke questions the idea of running away versus fighting and whilst he's doing this one of the Armored Division is about to decapitate Momo...... but then Yamato comes in to save the day and protect Momonosuke, like he said he would.

Zoro, Robin, Brook, and the samurai are currenlty dealing with Queen's Ice Oni. One of the major samurai named Ohmasa gets cut by an Ice Oni's nail and starts transforming just after protecting Hyogoro. Chopper sees all the chaos caused by Queen's virus and swears that he'll save everyone no matter what. As Luffy said to Momo, the Straw Hats always keep their word, so Queen is in some deep trouble as he's about to get his ass kicked.

Two irrelevant Animal Kingdom Pirate headliners start talking surpassing expectations. One is Hamlet, the user of the Giraffe Smile Fruit and the other is Fourtails, the user of the Chicken Smile Fruit. Since these two irrelevant worthless nobodies with SMILE fruits are standing in Luffy, Sanji, and Jimbei's way, Sanji and Jimbei quickly moved them away with their fists and they went on so Luffy can kick Kaido's ass.

Izo and Kin'emon handle Kiku's severed left arm and they stand up to face Kaido some more.

I'm excited for the future badassery of One Piece!
Jan 16, 2022 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
The pacing is killing me. How much longer before Luffy gets to the roof?

Loved Jinbei's and Sanji's reactions to Hamlet and whatshisface. That was the best part of the episode aside from Yamato stepping up to bat. I gotta agree with Kaido, "Let's finish this."

FMmatron said:
Pretty random to name it after Chopper when his part didn't stand out that much xD

Thought it was me. Glad you brought it up. I kept waiting for some kind of altercation between Chopper and Queen.
dragynfaerieJan 17, 2022 5:11 PM
Jan 16, 2022 5:16 PM
Sep 2021
I hate it when Fan Service is Not in this episode when clearly an opportunity for Bao to show underwear Fan Service comes. While Yamato's chest decrease is Not good. Nami and Ulti could have offered Fan Service as well here but NO says this episode.

Now Lets get to the HATE / DISLIKES
1. Kaido stopping his arm cutting attack for some reason I don't know. I hate this.
2. Bullets missing Shinobu but Arrows connect. Less Lethal is ok? I am angry
3. Hamlet and Fourtricks disrespected with 1 hit KO.
: Protagonists cannot be disrespected like this it seems.
4. Yamato came on time but Sasaki cannot get off his ass to surprise intercept Yamato.
5. Queen's machine gun missing main characters like Chopper, Nico Robin like his gun is a pistol low range weapon. this is pure disrespect.

This Story of Wano could have been a Heart Stopping , Edge of your Seat great story but instead we get this type of weak Antagonists
Vote One Piece Film Red Fan Service Click Here
Jan 16, 2022 6:25 PM
Oct 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
DUDE THE WAY THEY ANIMATED YAMATO AT 5:13?!?! JUST WHY?! Sometimes Yamato would receive terrible animation just why?? jeez Toei

This isn't the first time we get Yamato animated terribly, that time we got her poorly animated

An example from episode 996

ESPECIALLY 996! JUST LOOK AT THE BODY PROPORTION ?! What is this?!

I'm surprised how NO ONE even talks about this?

I hated this episode at first, but after seeing Yamato intervening to save Momonosuke and Shinobu, it went up to an okay rating for me.

Cmon Toei, stop butchering my Yamato like that.
never make a 'critique' of any form of animation production ever again
Jan 16, 2022 6:27 PM
Oct 2020
PrimeX said:
you are insane, blind, or inattentive
Jan 16, 2022 6:30 PM
Oct 2020
SuitC4s3 said:
I hate it when Fan Service is Not in this episode when clearly an opportunity for Bao to show underwear Fan Service comes. While Yamato's chest decrease is Not good. Nami and Ulti could have offered Fan Service as well here but NO says this episode.

Now Lets get to the HATE / DISLIKES
1. Kaido stopping his arm cutting attack for some reason I don't know. I hate this.
2. Bullets missing Shinobu but Arrows connect. Less Lethal is ok? I am angry
3. Hamlet and Fourtricks disrespected with 1 hit KO.
: Protagonists cannot be disrespected like this it seems.
4. Yamato came on time but Sasaki cannot get off his ass to surprise intercept Yamato.
5. Queen's machine gun missing main characters like Chopper, Nico Robin like his gun is a pistol low range weapon. this is pure disrespect.

This Story of Wano could have been a Heart Stopping , Edge of your Seat great story but instead we get this type of weak Antagonists
one piece is a story, not a narrative mess created to satisfy overweight, forum dwelling perverted losers
Jan 16, 2022 6:33 PM
Oct 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
Toei is legit ruining the build up to roof piece. Pacing is dreadful.
this is the weakest critique you can make of an anime that has desperately been trying to stay behind the manga while also staying relatively near for years
Jan 17, 2022 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
Yamato would be a pretty cool character if she wasn't so delusional.
Jan 17, 2022 4:58 AM

Jul 2021
Alright episode packed with some great animation but it's not evenly.

Better pacing than previous episodes imo
Jan 17, 2022 8:01 AM
Jan 2022
PrimeX said:
Even when Jinbei, Robin, Nami, Chopper in their action, or akazaya nine fought Kaido, you still said nothing happened. Just said straightly that you wanted to see actions of monster trio.
Jan 17, 2022 2:18 PM
Aug 2018
I never liked the pace of one piece I even lowered its ranking at the end of the big mum arc to 8 because I was so done then I saw hiw wano arc got better animation and hype and I got more hyped but now especially with demon slayer and attack on titans airing at the same time this really made it clear for me that one piece is just alright as an anime despite the story that I think is top tier
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1008 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jan 29, 2022

85 by MegaApple »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Yesterday

39 by kyledluffy »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 482 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Jan 8, 2011

149 by oariss »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 968 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - Apr 3, 2021

147 by treeflesh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Nov 20, 2021

334 by MegaApple »»
Today, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.