Forum Settings
Forums

Is being boring the quickest reason you'll drop a series?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2022 10:48 PM

Dec 2020
boring is not the main reason i drop a series, annoying characters are. i will try to continue watching a boring story to see if it gets better later on. however, if there's a character that annoys me very much in the series (examples like Re: Zero and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo), i will drop it immediately.
no more forum pic. that's it.
Jan 10, 2022 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
I drop anime only if the beggining is good because it only goes downhill from here.If an anime begin bad than there is a chance to get better. But if the anime is interesting in the beginning than whatever comes next will be bad
by definition.So instead of watching how a good anime becomes bad, I instead prefer to drop it earlier.
Jan 10, 2022 11:56 PM

May 2020
Yup being bad is tolerable but if it's boring then that's a huge red flag. Fire force was a chore to get through.

Maybe try sleeping?

Jul 23, 2022 3:12 AM

Mar 2022
It's pretty much the only reason I would drop something.

Since I'm the type of person that would finish any trash series if it's entertaining enough, all of the series that I do drop were so boring to me that it was truly a chore to watch them.

That's not to say that I've never finished an anime that I thought was boring simply because many people hype up it's quality (Oregairu, Ghost in the Shell and Jin-Roh come to mind). But after finishing them I just felt like I've wasted time for nothing.
Amore9Jul 23, 2022 7:00 AM
Jul 23, 2022 3:32 AM

Sep 2010
I dropped both my dropped anime after 5 episodes because they were boring. So yes, it is the quickest reason (and the only so far).
Jul 23, 2022 3:59 AM

Jun 2022
TheBlockernator said:
Be honest. The first thing that makes you quit a series, is it being boring?

It's the main reason i'll drop a show. I can tolerate bad if it's entertaining but boring i can't do.

Pretty much, lol.

And I've become increasingly less patient over the years too. I used to give a series a 3~5 ep starting cushion, which later became a flat 3 ep cushion, which now has become a 1 episode cushion. If the series can't be bothered to give me something to sink my teeth into within the length of the first ep, I'll move on.

All that said, if an anime starts strong and hits a lull that goes on for longer than a couple of episodes, I'll likely drop it then as well.
Jul 23, 2022 4:44 AM

Mar 2022
nah, if that were the case, i would have dropped your lie in april, it so boring af but still completed.
the only reason i can see is that if the cringe is so high that uts unbearable, only then i drop.
Jul 23, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2022
DblankD said:
I drop anime only if the beggining is good because it only goes downhill from here.If an anime begin bad than there is a chance to get better. But if the anime is interesting in the beginning than whatever comes next will be bad
by definition.So instead of watching how a good anime becomes bad, I instead prefer to drop it earlier.

not really, have gou watched link click? its epic from 1st ep to last ep.
there are many other examples too.
Jul 23, 2022 5:24 AM

Jul 2021
The primary reason to drop something is it's cringe.
Also over reliance on garbage action scenes.
epidemia78 said:
Weird question coming from someone who has only dropped 3 out of 361 anime.

Personally I'll put up with a little boringness in the early episodes because often it's just a setup for drama later on. I have much less tolerance for obnoxious characters, unfunny humor and genericism. Oh and I'll drop stuff if it gets too "weird" if you know what I mean.

Weird is great, but it needs to be the right kind of weird not the wrong kind of weird.
Jul 23, 2022 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Blueberry173 said:
DblankD said:

not really, have gou watched link click? its epic from 1st ep to last ep.
there are many other examples too.

My previous comment was more of a exaggeration of my experience with many anime that had an amazing start followed by a bad ending.
Of course I think that there are some anime amazing from start to finish but for me are a rare occurrence.
I have not watched link click yet maybe I will give it a try in the future.
Jul 23, 2022 6:07 AM

Feb 2021
I would disagree. I would most likely drop a show after 1 episode if something extremely outrageous occurs, e.g. it turns out to be a hentai. For boring series I will probably stick around for around 3 episodes, since I think quite a few anime have poor opening episodes.
Jul 23, 2022 6:13 AM
Jan 2017
I only dropped 3 so I actually don't know
Jul 23, 2022 6:19 AM

Feb 2021
not really, i'd persist to see it through if there's a glimpse of potential. though i only ever do this with a series that spans over 12 episodes. my patience can only do so much.
Jul 23, 2022 6:19 AM

Oct 2021
yes, ofcourse . but if i feel that i might like the show in future then i give it a second chance.
Jul 23, 2022 6:39 AM

Aug 2020
No. I'd say whether the show has a point or not + the length. Utsu Mutsume Sayuri is the perfect example. For a 2-3 min short everything about it is decent. Animation, sound, writing (it's all about Sayuri and her family) etc but, for nothing. It's just a short ova that exists which i didn't drop due to its length but in exchange i didn't even bother putting it on my list bcoz it's just pointless.
Jul 23, 2022 6:55 AM

Feb 2017
The main reason I drop is because something about it's characters or the way it's written doesn't click with me. Which usually makes it boring so I guess yeah.
Jul 23, 2022 7:01 AM
Apr 2021
drop only if the characters are bland and boring. like most isekais with kirito clones
Jul 23, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2021
Jokes on you, I don't drop anything. I ain't a weakling. I endure it no matter how bad it is. It feels satisfying when I can freely give a show 1/10 after painstakingly completing it.

Jul 29, 2022 8:37 PM
Jul 2022
No, I would never simply drop a series just because it's boring.
Jul 30, 2022 4:52 AM

Mar 2022
Yes! Either that or it makes me cringe.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Jul 30, 2022 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
pervert Loli ecchi cover up for very bad storyline many shix show did this

TROLL FiLLER anime episode like Naruto bleach one piece

if u plan to watch this series recommended get fillerlist search
Jul 30, 2022 7:28 PM

Sep 2018
No "the whole concept being annoying" is the quickest reason i will drop a series
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

10 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - 19 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime girls with the best butt

Hentai_Szimi - Nov 25, 2023

44 by Toooooooooohru »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

82 by Toooooooooohru »»
27 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 5 hours ago

43 by Jozuwa-_- »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.