Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2010 9:02 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty standard plot this time. >.>
What's with the skirt-lifting by Usui all of a sudden? o.O

Anyway I like how he came to Misa's rescue. <33
Apr 10, 2010 9:14 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode.really. Sometimes Misa is so annoing. But I like when she get mad with her classmates
Apr 10, 2010 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
Xelzy said:
There is nothing worse than a Japanese trying to speak English. I face-palm every time they try O_O

Nah, this one better than other series ex: Black Lagoon. At least in here you can hear clearly and understand what he say.

Pretty good episode imo, and i love to see the way Misaki sister sneeze.
Apr 10, 2010 11:21 AM
Oct 2008
I have no idea why I couldn't look at Usui's face when he started speaking in English. I kept face palming through the whole thing too. :(
Yeah, good episode but, is it just me or is this show becoming cheesier?
Apr 10, 2010 11:38 AM

Nov 2009
-Quasar said:
It's because of their Katakana and accent. Seriously, try to learn some Japanese basics and you will know why they pronounce english that way.

I already know why they pronounce in that way but it doesn't change the fact that it sounds bad =/
Apr 10, 2010 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
The last scene was...interesting.
Apr 10, 2010 12:53 PM

Dec 2008
SapphireStar26 said:
-Quasar said:
It's because of their Katakana and accent. Seriously, try to learn some Japanese basics and you will know why they pronounce english that way.

I already know why they pronounce in that way but it doesn't change the fact that it sounds bad =/

Is it honestly any better or worse than any other accent, though?
Can't blame them for trying. (And to be honest, Usui's Engrish wasn't so incomprehensible as that of others'. I could make out most of it xD)
Apr 10, 2010 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
Aeterna said:
(And to be honest, Usui's Engrish wasn't so incomprehensible as that of others'. I could make out most of it xD)
Hahaha, prime example of something worse: Black Lagoon. Revy's Engrish is appalling.
Apr 10, 2010 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
Another cute episode but is this anime only about the female? Am asking because only she seems to be human.
That guy may be loved by some fangirls but he is too fake. His mister perfect that destroys doors with a kick, the hero of all the boys, the heartbreaker of all girls, the perfect scorer of all exams, the guy who's always cool, never gets angry, enthusiastic, sad, shocked, hell i have seen more emotion from Haruhi's Yui.
Even been an asshole and lifting a girls skirt out of the blue is considered as a wise advise from him. Give me a fucking break. Is the scriptwriter actually trying to tell us that he did nothing wrong there?
Seriously it's very hard to like someone like that. Is he God's son or something?
The girl looks a lot more lovable simply because she's human. She overdoes it, she gets emotional, she is trying hard and screws up but she's a real girl. The only character in this anime seems to be the girl.
MonadApr 10, 2010 4:26 PM
Apr 10, 2010 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
This is really becoming one of my favorite anime this season, even though I prefer shounen over shoujo. This is just to good of an anime :D

Usui is just amazing in every bit about himself. Must be my favorite character in this type of anime.

BTW, nekomimi moe :3
This is a signature.
Apr 10, 2010 4:30 PM

Nov 2009
Aeterna said:
SapphireStar26 said:
-Quasar said:

Is it honestly any better or worse than any other accent, though?
Can't blame them for trying. (And to be honest, Usui's Engrish wasn't so incomprehensible as that of others'. I could make out most of it xD)

That's true, and I give his VA points for trying and making most of the words fairly intelligible but I still can't help but cringe at the bad pronunciation. And well I don't think all countries are so bad at pronouncing it, I talk to a lot of people online from all over the world, have voice chats with them, and while there is a noticeable accent their pronunciation is pretty accurate most of the time.

I think the reason why the Japanese sound so bad at it most of the time is the hiragana and how they add extra sounds/letters onto English words that shouldn't be there. For example, Rosette from Chrno Crusade had her name pronounced ROSETTO...

So I understand and they get points for trying but it still makes me cringe XDD
Apr 10, 2010 5:14 PM

May 2009
lol! That imouto sneeze was pure genius XD
Apr 10, 2010 6:18 PM

Mar 2009
NEKOMIMI MOE! :D This series is very cute and enjoyable. Can't wait to see it next week. :D --- Randy
Apr 10, 2010 6:40 PM

Nov 2007
The president actually smiled; nice.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 10, 2010 6:46 PM

Jan 2010
This anime sure does this manga justice.
I'm really enjoying this LOL.

I like the way the sister looks,
just Misaki with pig tails LOL.

Looks nicer.
Apr 10, 2010 7:58 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Even though it's a shoujo anime, I'm enjoying this.

Apr 10, 2010 8:51 PM

Oct 2007
Jacut said:
Sherr said:
I'm surprised. I actually liked this ep.
Who knew that Usui had good cafe service.

The only thing I'm still concerned about is the Prez's maid gag.
I wonder how long this show can keep it up for while keeping it fresh.

I'm still unsure about Usui. Other than pressing the Prez all the time and being the smartest..
I pray that there's more development for him too.

Seconded. It's a great shoujo title for now but the whole "president is a maid" concept will soon run out at this pace and I wonder how it'll evolve after that. And the main guy is quite the strange one too, it seems difficult to develop him in being anything else but the usual smart and handsome Mr Perfect character. Hope I'm wrong though.
Do you need a third one?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 10, 2010 9:03 PM
Oct 2008
The three idiots really make this show enjoying lol xD
Apr 10, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
im enjoying this so far, ill keep watching.
Apr 10, 2010 9:15 PM
Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
sugarwonders said:
I hope they don't skip any chapters. And I hope they don't make this a 24 episode series.

You would prefer 12 episodes?

That said, episode was pretty meh for me. The conflict was resolved far too easily in my opinion. The guys just all of a sudden thought that being waiters at a cafe is fun instead of pretending to conquer the cafe and stuff. I know it's shoujo, so I can't expect good writing, but other than Hayama Usui, I'm not really entertained so far.
Enjoy while its still fresh.Anime like this lose its freshness during episode 12-13 if its a 24 episode.But its all depend on the director .I don't mind if its 24 episode(i can drop if i feel don't like =P )
Apr 10, 2010 10:18 PM

May 2008
"Cat ears, moe~" Love Usui xD Did the art improve a little? Oh well, I gotta admit I loved this episode, but the manga is still better. :P

USUI <333
♪ Song for...
Apr 10, 2010 10:25 PM

Jan 2010
EvilKunoichi said:
francismeunier said:
Best moments was how Takumi cosplayed and Takumi kick=>

Misaki funny moments in GIF=>
Misaki GIFs and avatar=>
Takumi kick avatar=>
Overall would be Takumi changing a little more with that cos play.

These gifs are awesome!! ^,^

Yeah, Francis always delivers :D
Apr 10, 2010 10:47 PM

Oct 2009
Smochi said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Usui seems to like stalking/sexual harassment, but it's kinda hot ...coming from him, anyway.

This is why I hate this series. :/
Stalking and sexual harassment is never sexy. :/
I don't agree with you simply because it did not look brutal to me at all nor was it on purpose nor did Usui look like he was perverted when he did that. Fact is it's not sexy but coming from Usui it can be looked as not offensive and exciting.
Monad said:
Another cute episode but is this anime only about the female? Am asking because only she seems to be human.
That guy may be loved by some fangirls but he is too fake. His mister perfect that destroys doors with a kick, the hero of all the boys, the heartbreaker of all girls, the perfect scorer of all exams, the guy who's always cool, never gets angry, enthusiastic, sad, shocked, hell i have seen more emotion from Haruhi's Yui.
Even been an asshole and lifting a girls skirt out of the blue is considered as a wise advise from him. Give me a fucking break. Is the scriptwriter actually trying to tell us that he did nothing wrong there?
Seriously it's very hard to like someone like that. Is he God's son or something?
The girl looks a lot more lovable simply because she's human. She overdoes it, she gets emotional, she is trying hard and screws up but she's a real girl. The only character in this anime seems to be the girl.
Oh Monad.......what can we do with you......I love your comment in the fact it points out to Usui being too perfect....they should tone that more and show his flaws eventually.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 11, 2010 12:33 AM

Oct 2009
misa-chan really enjoy working as maid, she saved again by usui-kun
Apr 11, 2010 12:40 AM

Sep 2007
Thank god the guys made Misaki realize what a bitch she was being. I don't think I would've been able to handle the rest of the episode if nobody had put her in her place.
Apr 11, 2010 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Usui is pure win, too bad his Engrish sucks =P
Wasabi said:
Thank god the guys made Misaki realize what a bitch she was being. I don't think I would've been able to handle the rest of the episode if nobody had put her in her place.

So true, she was getting far to annoying with that bitchy attitude.
Apr 11, 2010 1:19 AM
Jul 2008
Lol at the scene where the moron trio asked how Misa-chan was feeling!
Odd choice in cosplaying cafe, but it was funny hearing the english.
Apr 11, 2010 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
Satisfactory episode not as good as first one but it did the job.
Apr 11, 2010 5:28 AM

Oct 2008
Nekomimi Moe~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 11, 2010 6:18 AM

Dec 2008
Well the school festival part was a bit lame, but I liked the rest of this episode

I like the Misaki x Usui scenes even if he is quite offensive
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2010 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode:D better than the previous episode
lol I like the part when Usui wears the fake bald thingyXD

Apr 11, 2010 8:57 AM

Jan 2010
i loved it, like when Misaki accidentally
called one of the people at the school
festival 'master'. i was like : O_O
Usui is so freakin' awesome.

gahh ! i love this show already.

(:
Apr 11, 2010 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
LOL

Mod edit : Please user spoiler tags for pictures that distort the forum layout.
NayahApr 12, 2010 5:23 AM
Apr 11, 2010 9:45 AM
Apr 2010
Overall, I thought this was a good episode :) I liked the hilarious scenes too with the boys reaction to Misaki. Looking forward to the next episodes, hopefully the series will only get better.
Apr 11, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
Red-Liquid said:
LOL

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa

Mod edit : Please user spoiler tags when quoting pictures that distort the forum layout.
NayahApr 12, 2010 5:25 AM
Apr 11, 2010 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
What I find most amusing about this show is how well it fits into Hayate no Gotoku's Chiharu. Almost as if Hata and Fujiwara worked together on this. And with JC Staff animating, guessing it's only a matter of time before at least Chiharu shows up, if not any of the others.
Treating this as a side-story makes things so much more interesting for both.

Romance seems overdone though, as if they're trying to keep it short. Hopefully we will get to see it develop correctly.

Nekomimi and 'false' maid effects were nice. Attempted English accent wasn't horrible, have heard lots worse.
BastionApr 11, 2010 4:29 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Apr 11, 2010 7:08 PM

Oct 2007
im remembering how much i love this manga as i watch these episodes. this episode was adorable. and seeing usui in the navy uniform again... *kyaaa* :)
Apr 11, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2009
Hisham_Qurashi said:
Red-Liquid said:
LOL

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa

Same here.......that was just priceless for laughs.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 12, 2010 1:03 AM
Aug 2009
I've watched an episode or two for about 7 shows this season, and I find this show to be by far the best. Hope it can keep it up throughout.
Apr 12, 2010 1:18 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
That was really great! I think this is actually much better than the manga, comedy wise :)
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Apr 12, 2010 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
gah... i really do like seeing misaki as a maid... <333333
Apr 12, 2010 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
Ah this episode was quite nice and had some awesome moments in it! :D
Like Usui's super kick, Misaki and Usui cosplaying and the scene at the end... where it made my heart pound! ah it was so sweet!!! *.* squeee
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 12, 2010 3:52 AM

Feb 2010
MorningGlory said:
~Of course i won't tell anyone,becuase you are my only maid

OMG!!!
Apr 12, 2010 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Spring season is always perfect. My heart skips a beat everytime I see prez! There are also many tsundere-yandere type.
If love is a little more certain than it might be fun. Or if the child is asked out.
Apr 12, 2010 8:43 AM

Apr 2010
omg, i'm loving this anime! It has me in stitches xD
Apr 12, 2010 11:39 AM

Mar 2009
OMG<3333
seeing usui in such a very handsome & sexy navy outfit just get my knees to be weak!
i totally love this episode.^^
oh my. its sad to hear that they are skipping chapters.:(
but i really want to see erm, or must i say that im dying to see the "kissing scene" in chapter 4.
& that heroic jump of usui from the rooftop of the school building.
he's so smexy there. :D
Apr 12, 2010 11:38 PM

Jan 2008
prez's mess up with "goshuujin sama" and the smooth navy captain scene at the end were the best.
Apr 13, 2010 7:45 AM

Jul 2009
What can i say - " It was really, really good ! "
Apr 13, 2010 10:27 AM
Feb 2009
nekomimi moe~ lol it is so funny when usui is the one who said it XD
oblivious is a bliss
Apr 13, 2010 11:23 AM

Oct 2007
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. This is show is obviously off to a great start!

We had more progress in their relationship in 2 episodes then in the whole season of Kimi ni Todoke ^_^ (not saying KnT wasn't good, just...you know =_= )

Misaki is such a great and goodlooking character, cute in any outfit and love her personality. Looks like she gained 3 stalkers as well, that was pretty hilarious. Usui is pretty awesome to. He looked mighty good in that navy officer outfit... 0_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.