Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2022 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, the opening is full hype with the visuals(Naruto Shippuden 4th Great Nina War openings vibe) Almost 100% story related and foreshadowing/teasing ( don't watch if you don’t want to see the match ups, zoan Tobi Roppo, hybrid Kaido and other stuff).

The very first sequence with Whitebeard, Roger, Rocks and Shanks
Towards the end we had the Straw Hats goofing around as usual. Welcome to the crew Jinbe xD In DREAMIN' ON Kid and Law still tried to get ahead of Luffy and here they launched him. Nice touch, really liked that. My only gripes are that the visual direction felt a bit samey to the previous two openings. Last group shot looked derpy/cheapand why was Brook riding Komachiyo as well?

Episode was on the slower side, even tho it almost adapted an entire chapter this time(the fact that this stands out as positive says a lot about the state of things xD) The content was just not really hype, more of a transition chapter after Akazaya vs dragon Kaido. Too much time was spent on Ice Onis and Briscola(I swear Toei loves to push the Headliner) The fire festival part was rather nice. I also liked to hear two of the best OST's The Very Very Very Strongest (right at the beginning) and Luffy's Fierce Attack(after the break for Jinbe's entrance)

And at last Kaido started to mean business. RIP Kiku's arm.
FMmatronJan 8, 2022 6:41 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2022 4:51 PM

Apr 2018
A pretty good opening song with beautiful visuals. It was time for a new opening and it delivered pretty well. I've listened to a few songs from I Don't Like Monday and their vocals are just AMAZING. A perfectly balanced and beautiful opening. The music video for the opening is out in 9 minutes :D

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 8, 2022 6:47 PM
Feb 2020
i really loved it a little slow at times but its whatever but the animation at the end was crazy for no reason. love the new intro but holy shit the amount of manga spoilers/ foreshadowing seemed a lot heavier then usual. good thing i read the manga lol. a little disappointed that the transition scene isn't different tho i was hoping that would change thats like the only thing i haven't really liked about wano is the transitions except for the oden arc those were really cool
ADD ME. NEED MORE ONLINE FRIENDS lol
Jan 8, 2022 6:52 PM
Mar 2020
Phenomenal opening, and finally it changed I was sick of hearing Dreamin' On. Also Kiku losing her arm was really well animated, the moment was much more impactful in the anime than the manga. Good episode, nothing really happened but it was cool.
Jan 8, 2022 6:56 PM

Mar 2021
Man I loves that new op, Nami and Robin lil' dance is so cute.. Can't wait for rooftop and
Jan 8, 2022 7:12 PM

Jan 2020
It's quick refreshing not seeing Dreaming on as the opening anymore. I like the new opening and I like the part where it shows Whitebeard, Roger, Rocks and Shanks at the start.

The last part was pretty crazy and I love what they did with the animation

Jan 8, 2022 7:14 PM

Aug 2021
yay! the start of 2022 with a new opening...! visuals were awesome....not a big fan of the song but it'll grow on me as I hear it more times.
The Very Very Very Strongest right at the beginning of the episode gave me chills!
Peaceful festival is going in wano and Minamoto the carpenter Franky was working for is just chilling there....the festival ost was great....Yes Luffy seven seconds is a big difference XD
The ending of the episode was great!
Kiku joining Shanks,Kid,Crocodile and Nekomamushi's one armed squad
Jan 8, 2022 7:28 PM
May 2021
Really love the new opening, a nice way to start the new year. Also the ending scene had really good animation.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 8, 2022 7:35 PM

Dec 2013
A strong new opening. I enjoyed the visuals more than the song tho.

It should've been obvious that Kaidou was never going down that easily. RIP Kiku's arm.
Jan 8, 2022 7:36 PM
Mar 2014
Finally new OP, it's too light for one piece though, the kind of ssss.gridman OP is better suited, but it's still beautiful song...
arsfugalJan 8, 2022 7:42 PM
Jan 8, 2022 7:49 PM

Aug 2020
The new opening is so great! I love everything in it. Sanji making Jimbei feel guilty and say sorry lol. Kiku's arm rip :(

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 8, 2022 8:10 PM
Dec 2019
The new opening looked really good and is unexpectedly more calm than the previous one. I was surprised when Kiku lost her arm but I knew that they wouldn't be able to beat Kaido because it's Luffy that will. Pretty good episode it's just I felt like not too much has happened . Well I get it's so it doesn't catch up to the manga cuz that would be bad.
Jan 8, 2022 8:25 PM

Jul 2007
This is a nice change of tone to give it more of an emotional vibe and even some what somber theme. Its perfectly suited for upcoming events in this arc as things really take a dramatic turn.

Its not all about Hyper intensive adrenline or excitement any more like the previous openings have been, the battle against the emperors will not be an easy one.

Jan 8, 2022 8:40 PM

Sep 2015
Wow this is like the first time that Luffy and Sanji started fighting o_O

Ashura didn't even make a comment, jeez

Ah figures, because hes not letting his guard down, BUT OH MY GOD

THAT ENDING THOUGH?!?! KIKU!??!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 8, 2022 8:48 PM

Apr 2020
typical toei with the recap and slow pacing/boring scenes but wow... the opening was something I didn't expect but something most one piece fans needed. Dreaming on every week definitely was life draining but the new opening is beautiful and I love the song. I have high hopes for the next episode especially after the last scene
Jan 8, 2022 8:51 PM

Mar 2020
The visuals to the new opening are pretty damn strong, and looks like it also spoils a lot of future fights but oh well. The song though, I think it hasn't grown on me just yet, remains to be seen if it will. The terror of the Plague Rounds continued with the new infectious Ice Onis, seems like the perfect enemy for Chopper. The gorilla was pretty funny too, along with Jinbe, Sanji and Luffy's interactions. Kind of wholesome to see the people in the capital celebrating, knowing its the only day they have freedom and the Ebisu people being happy in even just clean water and air.. damn that hits. And then boom, back to battle, Kaido is fine and goddamn chops off Kiku's arm! Felt like a really great episode with a lot of things happening and pace not bothering.
Jan 8, 2022 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
New opening is equals to early OP vibes.
Jan 8, 2022 9:00 PM
May 2020
Why is the pacing so bad. I felt like nothing at all happened again
Jan 8, 2022 9:07 PM

Aug 2019
Julianhenry said:

That's how most episodes have felt ever since Luffy and the others arrived on Onigashima.

Episode was trash as expected. It actually makes me laugh that despite the anime going on a 2 week break, the pacing didn't improve even by a small percentage. In fact, it was actually worse than some of last year's slowest episodes.

Also I'm sorry but that opening is awful. The song is too calm and would've worked better as an ending theme song instead. Also the animation itself looked nice but god damn they spoiled a lot of major plot points. What's with the most recent OP openings spoiling so much stuff? Toei's tripping.
Jan 8, 2022 9:38 PM

Sep 2021
Sweet_Escape said:
Julianhenry said:

That's how most episodes have felt ever since Luffy and the others arrived on Onigashima.

Episode was trash as expected. It actually makes me laugh that despite the anime going on a 2 week break, the pacing didn't improve even by a small percentage. In fact, it was actually worse than some of last year's slowest episodes.

Also I'm sorry but that opening is awful. The song is too calm and would've worked better as an ending theme song instead. Also the animation itself looked nice but god damn they spoiled a lot of major plot points. What's with the most recent OP openings spoiling so much stuff? Toei's tripping.
honestly they animated all off 993 so thats an entire chapter, yeah that's not great at all and says about the state of things but imo its a step up and it only gets better from here. I mean there's a movie coming out in August so its kinda confirmed that the arc has to end by that time cus movies always release after arcs end( film gold after dressrosa and stampede after whole cake) but for this to happen they need to adapt atleast 2 chapters per episode, now theyve animated 1 chapter which is clearly a step up from the 3/4 chapters per episode so its very possible to have pretty decent pacing from here on out.
Jan 8, 2022 9:48 PM
Jan 2022
degenerocity said:
Sweet_Escape said:

honestly they animated all off 993 so thats an entire chapter, yeah that's not great at all and says about the state of things but imo its a step up and it only gets better from here. I mean there's a movie coming out in August so its kinda confirmed that the arc has to end by that time cus movies always release after arcs end( film gold after dressrosa and stampede after whole cake) but for this to happen they need to adapt atleast 2 chapters per episode, now theyve animated 1 chapter which is clearly a step up from the 3/4 chapters per episode so its very possible to have pretty decent pacing from here on out.
If 2 chapters adapted for each episode, the manga will be catched up for just 5 months, that's risky game right there.
Jan 8, 2022 9:48 PM

Jun 2019
The new OP is a jammer for sure. Kaido was down for good. Luffy and the others were still fighting but as expected, Kaido wasn't defeated that easily and he got back up and we also got to see that he regrets the fact that someone got between his and Oden's fight.

Looks like things are once again gonna get interesting and Kiku also got slashed. I hope she's alright.
Jan 8, 2022 9:50 PM

Apr 2021
A new opening! having jinbe on the team really balances out their immaturity lmao. sanji and luffy just bickering about for the 7 second difference of beating the gorilla was funny

F for kiku's arm
606cypherineJan 8, 2022 9:57 PM
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jan 8, 2022 9:54 PM

Oct 2017
New OP is pretty cool, specially the visuals.

Queen with his virus again, things are becoming a mess.
Jan 8, 2022 9:55 PM
Jun 2021
they used "Luffy Fiece Attack" and "The Very Very Strongest" too much..
it was supposed to be an epic backsound for epic moments exclusively
Jan 8, 2022 10:07 PM
Mar 2021
NEW OP FOR OP OMFG OMFG
Jan 8, 2022 10:09 PM
Jan 2022
Finally new opening, cause I'm tired of Dreamin On already. Hopefully it'll grow on me soon enough.

For the episode, it's mostly focused on ice oni plague while Queen still spreading that plague. Zoro showed his merciness side but too bad that samurai have became an oni. Therefore Zoro can't touch him or else he'll get the same thing.

There comes another Kaido pirates subordinate with weird smile fruit ability (his hand merged with a Kingkong), then Luffy and Sanji suddenly argued about which one could defeat "that" faster, and this is the first time Luffy and Sanji argued like that after such a long time. While they argued, Jinbei ambushed that Kaido subordinate and finally defeated him. Luffy and Sanji debate came to sn end afterwards as expected.

For the flower festival, I feel bad for them that able to have fun for only a single day. But glad to see them enjoyed the day at its fullest.

Now about Akazaya Nine vs Kaido, they thought they have defeated Kaido, too bad Kaido pranked, underestimated, and put them down. And I think this is the only One Piece episode which have "gore" ending.

Excited for next episode, as weak trio will be on action : Likely indirect Chopper vs Queen-doctor+chemist vs scientist, Nami and Usopp vs Ulti and Page One (best friend forever).
Ardi8Jan 9, 2022 1:20 AM
Jan 8, 2022 10:18 PM

Sep 2021
Ardi8 said:
degenerocity said:
If 2 chapters adapted for each episode, the manga will be catched up for just 5 months, that's risky game right there.
yeah but theres also the manga thats gonna go ahead so its very possible. Im atleast hoping for 1 and a half chapter and sometimes 2 chapters per episode i just do not want to see less than a chapter per episode again lmao
Jan 8, 2022 10:22 PM

Jun 2021
FMmatron said:
Damn, the opening is full hype with the visuals(Naruto Shippuden 4th Great Nina War openings vibe) Almost 100% story related and foreshadowing/teasing ( don't watch if you don’t want to see the match ups, zoan Tobi Roppo, hybrid Kaido and other stuff).

Towards the end we had the Straw Hats goofing around as usual. Welcome to the crew Jinbe xD In DREAMIN' ON Kid and Law still tried to get ahead of Luffy and here they launched him. Nice touch, really liked that. My only gripes are that the visual direction felt a bit samey to the previous two openings. Last group shot looked derpy/cheapand why was Brook riding Komachiyo as well?

Episode was on the slower side, even tho it almost adapted an entire chapter this time(the fact that this stands out as positive says a lot about the state of things xD) The content was just not really hype, more of a transition chapter after Akazaya vs dragon Kaido. Too much time was spent on Ice Onis and Briscola(I swear Toei loves to push the Headliner) The fire festival part was rather nice. I also liked to hear two of the best OST's The Very Very Very Strongest (right at the beginning) and Luffy's Fierce Attack(after the break for Jinbe's entrance)

How do you guys know when to make the new episode released discussion thread ?
Jan 8, 2022 10:24 PM
Dec 2021
That new Opening reminds me of my favorite "Hope" OP 20 with it's emotions! Fantastic.
Jan 8, 2022 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
I always skip 4minutes ahead whenever I watch one piece so I didn't know there's a new opening if not for every single person here talking about it, I went back and it's nothing special. What's special is Kinemon and his gang being able to knockout Kaido even for a just a bit though I'm sensing an arm is the least of the sacrifices they will have to give up just fighting him.
Jan 8, 2022 11:22 PM

Oct 2015
New OP has many spoilers as usual but
Jan 8, 2022 11:34 PM

Jan 2014
Excellent a new OP to usher in the first episode of the New Year the visuals were fantastic as always (although I imagine a bit spoiler heavy so will probably have to touch on those later on) and the song itself while a slow burn really had this underlying energy of perseverance and hopeful strength as it went on. So will be interested to hearing it more in the episodes going forward and how much it will grow on me.

Ice Oni virus is spreading like crazy and Queen orders that floor sealed off hopefully a cure can be fashioned in the future and the non infected forces on that floor can advance upwards. Jinbe joins Luffy and Sanji in moving forward in the upper levels and he can be reminded just how impulsive his Captain can be XD Gorilla fist and Sanji's reaction was pretty funny as well.

Spirits are high in the Flower Capital as they are able to cut loose and relax during the festival helps to ease their troubles and pains as they hope for the return and triumph of the Kozuki Samurai.

Speaking of our Samurai their attack from the previous episode that managed to draw blood from Kaido was able to subdue him which raised their spirits but before they could finish him and take his head off Kaido was back on his feet. He gave our Samurai some recognition as he saw the will Oden instilled in them within their burning spirits but he says they still can't compare to Oden. As that battle many years ago still lingers on his mind and he wishes he could have fought Oden on even footing and still wonders what would have happened because he believes he will never come across another Samurai like him. With that Kaido launches a storm of slashes with such force he scatters our samurai and one completely cleaves through Kiku's sword and arm O-O damn so sudden and brutal (the direction for that scene with the close up of Kiku's eyes, broken sword, arm flying back and the shot of blood spurting out was very effective) what a way to end an episode!

Overall a slower episode with a great closer but hearing they adapted almost a full chapter is a plus at least; hopefully they adapt at least a chapter or a bit more then that per episode going forward into this year.

Jan 8, 2022 11:41 PM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:

Damn bro just watched the opening it was so good fresh and animation was even better than others including last.
I am 100% sure anime will nail everything.
They gave so many teasers but lol thankfully none for manga readers XD.
10/10 Opening

Jan 8, 2022 11:57 PM

Dec 2019
Good ep didn't really like the op compared to last one tbh... Oh well super excited for next ep tho
Jan 9, 2022 12:53 AM

Jul 2016
Jaytaro1 said:
Really love the new opening, a nice way to start the new year. Also the ending scene had really good animation.

The arm scene was done superbly.
Jan 9, 2022 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
2st half of the episode was slow paced & some scenes were dragged out, but second of half was pretty good and last 2 minutes were amazing & animation just reached it ceiling!! R.I.P. Okiku's Arm.

Opening is 9or9.5/10 for me, love the visuals and music was really good. As expected spoilers for anime only & I suppose if some scenes from opening come true, then spoilers for manga readers as well. And I i felt that opening was short than usual.
Overall Great Opening!!

Edit:- Flower capital Festival animation & ost Looks amazing. And every discussion in that festival was heart Warming!!

When Okiku's arm ripped off, the animation of that moment was unbelievable. It was like I was watching demon slayer episode 1!!
removed-userJan 9, 2022 10:19 PM
Jan 9, 2022 1:29 AM

Oct 2009
Very hyper opening but the slow song feels out of place, still pretty nice.

Improved animation going forward it seems.
Jan 9, 2022 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
God do I love the new OP. Visually absolute amazing, the best one we had so far imo and it's also a very catchy song, so great job.

We definitely got some slower paced parts this episode. As I thought the ice Onis are a big problem. Hopefully Chopper can come up with an idea to at least keep them under control.

Briscola and his Gorilla arm looked funny as hell. I don't remember that I saw anything like that before. Every time Jimbei fights it feels so god damn satisfying and I can't even tell what it is :D

The visuals for flower capital were beautiful. It's nice to see that the people of Wano finally get some rest and time to relax with some sake. Imagine they knew about what happened to Orochi and what's still going on on Onigashima.

Obviously the Akazaya's last attack wasn't enough to take down Kaido. Not even to reopen his wound he got from Oden. But what a shocking moment when Kiku lost her arm. I honestly didn't saw that coming. We can just hope she's alright. But that also means Kaido is getting more serious now.

Definitely a nice start for the new year!

Jan 9, 2022 2:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jaytaro1 said:

Basically my standout thoughts from the Ep too. Shanks in the Op is fantastic, here’s to hoping he’ll have some kind of role later on.

As for the rest, well, it’s kind of boring and slow like the usual lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 9, 2022 4:16 AM

Jun 2019
The whole style of the Episode and New OP feels different and I love it!
Jan 9, 2022 5:28 AM
Jul 2021
the new opening's visual are awesome also that end scene with kiku's hand was animated perfectly
Jan 9, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2019
degenerocity said:
honestly they animated all off 993 so thats an entire chapter

That's not technically true. They only adapted pages 2-9 and 14-17 from that chapter, so they skipped parts in the middle.

It just irritates me that the whole episode can be summed up as "Kiku got her arm sliced off". That's basically all that happened in this episode that had actual impact or plot relevance.
Early_MorningJan 9, 2022 11:07 AM
Jan 9, 2022 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
New opening hype!

The song itself is decent but the visuals are wonderful. Wholesome to see Kid and Law throwing Luffy into the air like that. 😁
Jan 9, 2022 12:24 PM
Jan 2021
First of all, that new opening is pure BADASSERY! In the end the Straw Hat Pirates are flying with Luffy above the clouds. That is just pure badassery and a symbolic representation of the amount of freedom they have. Absolutely limitless.

Zoro, Drake, Robin, Chopper, and Brook are currently dealing with the Queen and his Plague Rounds which are creating ice oni. Being the kind hearted individuals they are, Zoro's group doesn't want to hurt their allies, which shows a sense of loyalty and respect. Such badassery.

Luffy and Sanji are making their way to Kaido and for some reason, the Animal Kingdom Pirates have the AUDACITY to stand in Luffy's way. Sanji decides to deal with the first wave of dudes so Luffy can save energy for when he goes to kick Kaido's ass, but then a new Devil Fruit user comes into the mix. A Headliner for the Animal Kingdom Pirates, Briscola who ate the Gorilla Smile Fruit and has a Gorilla growing out of his left arm. Sanji questions it, and Briscola asks Sanji where the Gorilla should come out of. Sanji obviously doesn't know as he's never seen anything like that before in his life.

Then, Jimbei comes in from behind and hits Briscola with Water Shot. THEN THE BADASS ONE PIECE TRACK PLAYS AS THEY REPLAY JIMBEI'S SNEAK ATTACK. THIS WAS SUCH SUBTLE YET IMPACTFUL BADASSSERY! Sanji and Luffy bicker as to whether Luffy should fight back or save his energy. Luffy says they could clap everyone in 3 seconds versus Sanji's 10 seconds if he helps. That's obviously a significant difference and Sanij doesn't understand that. Jimbei starts taking charge of the situation and decides to escort Luffy to Kaido.

Finally the Akazaya Nine go to finish off Kaido for good while he's down, but Kaido gets back up.

I'm excited for the future One Piece BADASSERY!
Jan 9, 2022 2:46 PM

Jul 2007
Sweet_Escape said:
degenerocity said:
honestly they animated all off 993 so thats an entire chapter

That's not technically true. They only adapted pages 2-9 and 14-17 from that chapter, so they skipped parts in the middle.

It just irritates me that the whole episode can be summed up as "Kiku got her arm sliced off". That's basically all that happened in this episode that had actual impact or plot relevance.

This Really is not as much of a case of the pacing of the anime being the problem as it is the pacing of the manga as well. Some of these chapters are less plot heavy and instead focus more on some of the comedic banter between the newly recuited Jimbie and luffy and other crew members. Oda likes to take some time and explore the dynamics between the cast as well and some of the humor in one piece. Chopper for example has some pretty interesting moments in the upcoming episodes. Not every episode has to be packed with major plot developments. If you think about the pacing to the manga, it was actually decent for the episode.

Jan 9, 2022 4:31 PM
Sep 2010
death fights in enies lobby = here's a fun peppy cray rainbow star song.
invading impel down the literal hell on earth and here's a nice, calm, tonally deaf song that does not fit the theme of the arc.
onigashima raid, here's another nice calm, tonally deaf song.

Toei is doing this deliberately.
Jan 9, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2014
First and foremost, it was about time we saw a new opening!!! After 70 ep. (1005-935), which is the same opening for 1,5 years, it was about time. God damn, they are just getting greedier and greedier with new openings. Opening 21 has the record with most episodes and beat the Dressrosa opening. It was so strange that I actually thought it was an extra logo of Toei animation. xD And the opening were fine and beautifully animated. I really like the new animation of the Wano arc.

I am glad we could start the new year with a great ep. that wasn't that dragged. The slash by the Akazaya samurai was just amazing, although we all knew it wouldn't kill Kaido. Even more amazing was the decapitation of Kiku's hand. It was so unexpected. And that blood flow scene. Just amazing. Lovely ep. I am mentally prepared for a more dragged ep. next week.
Jan 9, 2022 5:34 PM

Nov 2018
The animation in this episode was poor, besides the opening, flashbacks, and the last 10 seconds of the episode.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jan 9, 2022 10:16 PM
Jun 2020
We got new OP song, I'm glad the animators took 2 weeks break

okiku tho, i hope he's okayy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 845 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

19 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:28 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.