Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... OVA Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2021 12:43 AM

Oct 2017
So this turned out to be the story from other characters pov of how sad their childhood was and how meeting Katarina changed their life. Half of those we already saw before so this felt like sort of a recapish episode.
Dec 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
I can't get enough of this show, every episode with them being kids is super wholesome, shame Maria didn't get to meet them until much later. It was basically extended scenes from S1.
Dec 30, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
Consider this OVA (or OAD rather) as a prelude to Season 1 with Catarina's harem of princes and princesses in a "How I Met Your Mother" situation.

Otherwise, decent watch.
Dec 31, 2021 1:06 PM

Mar 2016
So this is basically another recap... I'm ok with that.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 31, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2019
This ova is the voice dramas merged together and animated rather than the book pages turning and the va's voicing over them.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 31, 2021 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
I remember remarking during season 1 that I wished we'd gotten more episodes of them interacting as children, but not like this. Simply put, there really wasn't much of anything new here, just a recap. Still easy enough to watch though I guess. 7/10
Jan 1, 2022 2:10 AM

Dec 2015
I love the anime, but to keep releasing recaps is too sad, it makes it seem like there's nothing new to tell.
Jan 1, 2022 9:22 AM

Jun 2021
It's a recap, which is a bit disappointing, but this is how recaps should be, with actual new animation and scenes.
Jan 1, 2022 7:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally i have been able to stumble upon this. Need sometimes to figured out what kind of ova is this. At first, i thought more Bakarina always fun welcome to my book, especially with every bits of her funny typical shenanigans. But honestly its quite a bit of disappointment, like person above, because literally not much new content here, or you can even call this a recap of s2 episode before, or whatever you called this. At the end, oh well, should've been expect it to be something simple like that. Hope the movie will get something more fresh to the table, or i shall be in rage. Joking xd. As for this one, its just fine as its finest. Sorry, Katarina....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 1, 2022 8:33 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Mary used to be such a sweet girl. What happened? xD

Lowkey recap special but I still enjoyed it quite a lot. Especially since the episodes featuring the cast interacting as children are easily my favorite ones in the show.
Jan 2, 2022 12:50 AM

Oct 2017
So, basically a recap. It was pretty good though.

Kid Bakarina is the best!
Jan 2, 2022 3:04 PM
Aug 2020
Rip Maria and Sora.

This is really how a recap should be.
Jan 2, 2022 8:49 PM

Apr 2008
In theory the reversal of perspectives is a fun idea, but for all the surprising charms of this show, mysterious motivations is not one of them. We don't learn anything new having them narrate. This is decent for a recap but not particularly worth it otherwise.
Jan 4, 2022 12:02 AM

Dec 2020
recap ova, i thought that they were gonna add mary's pov too but i guess not Sigh

still, they added some new scenes which is nice.
Jan 4, 2022 7:21 AM

Oct 2014
I'm upset that theres no Maria flashback. Her backstory is the most beautiful one.
5/10.

Also, where is my obligatory swimsuit ova episode?
Jan 5, 2022 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
yeah, skip this one... it's basically a worthless rehash of characters' backgrounds already done in S1.

they didn't even really do that good of a job with picking and choosing which parts of the backstories shown in S1 to put into this disk. they entirely skipped the grey-haired of the twin princes' motivation to play piano. they also skipped how the twin princes' eldest brother has a serious bro-plex/brocon and self-inserted himself into their lives as best he could. considering this is an OVA produced AFTER that fact came out in S2 that's QUITE the obvious LEFT ON THE CUTTING-ROOM FLOOR choice!

i just finished watching this OVA and i want those 28 minutes of my life back. because sticking this onto a tankobon volume of the manga as a 'bonus'... quite possibly is one of the WORST manga 'bonus' i've seen in the past 30 years watching anime.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 5, 2022 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
Gazz said:
I'm upset that theres no Maria flashback. Her backstory is the most beautiful one.
5/10.

i don't even think this country DOES swim-suits. remember what folks wore in the 18-1900's and so forth to the beach/lake/river? this country looks like it's 'techno/socially' set in that era.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 5, 2022 5:37 PM

Feb 2011
i llove this anime, so i love seeing the mens prospective.

100% 5/5 100/100

Jan 5, 2022 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
KiliianSleipnir said:
Gazz said:
5/10.

i don't even think this country DOES swim-suits. remember what folks wore in the 18-1900's and so forth to the beach/lake/river? this country looks like it's 'techno/socially' set in that era.

If for the sake of fanservice, anything is possible. Even freakin Dr Stone has some kind of swimsuit and theyre on stone age.
And since Katarina is from the present time, she can 'invent' bikini on their timeline if she wanted.
Jan 7, 2022 10:29 AM

Sep 2007
I almost skipped this because it was a recap and I thought it was just 100% recycled clips...but changed my mind when I recalled how many times I've rewatched the original "childhood" ep-- what's wrong with some more?
So...Although the clips were -more-or-less- recycled the flipped POV of the guys/gals voicing their thoughts was refreshing and makes me almost want to rewatch certain episodes again.

gahhh when is the new stuff coming? I need more Bakarina.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 10, 2022 11:07 PM

Dec 2015
Gazz said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

If for the sake of fanservice, anything is possible. Even freakin Dr Stone has some kind of swimsuit and theyre on stone age.
And since Katarina is from the present time, she can 'invent' bikini on their timeline if she wanted.

well sure, it's not like the fur-bikini hasn't been in the public consciousness since oh i dunno, Conan covers by Ken Kelly 1990's, "Savage Sword of Conan" paintings by Joe Jusko, also in the '90s, "Conan the Fearless" paperback cover painting by Boris Vellajo 1986. the comedy movie 'Caveman' from 1981 with Ringo Starr ogling a furkini clad Barbara Bach. heck just look a little cross-eyed at old episodes of 'The Flintstones' when various TV and movie 'stars' did cameo appearances... especially the bombshell actresses who'd pop up now n again with really, REALLY, cheesy 'add in some kind of rock/mineral reference to change their names' joke. the mangaka for Dr. Stone obviously was making his girls 'ecchi' to cater to his target audience, hormone filled tween boys!

you've SEEN this show right? the various scenes where the girls are having sleepovers or whatnot, seen what Bakarina herself wakes up outta her bed at home wearing? this country doesn't even have, 'on-screen' sexy lingerie yet! every-day, out in public, all the women are wearing??? ankle length or longer skirts. up to the neck blouses with long sleeves and suchforth. even the peasant women in Maria's home village. if Bakarina came out with high waisted knee-pants, a form fitting long sleeved top, and a swim cap like this... era-ish... to Europe and the USA were wearing out 'swimming'? yeah, her mom bitching at her for climbing trees and gardening wouldn't be the half of what trouble she'd be in.
Jan 14, 2022 5:54 PM

Oct 2014
KiliianSleipnir said:

the mangaka for Dr. Stone obviously was making his girls 'ecchi' to cater to his target audience, hormone filled tween boys!

Ofcourse. Cute, Sexy and Moe girls are the main ingredients to profit in industry. It way started in the late 80s where waifu girls contribute the success of a game/anime. Look at Sailor Moon with their thighs expose for the enjoyment for us degenerates. Look at 1991 Final Fantasy IV where they designed Rydia hot as F. Genshin Impact highest pull rates are their hottest girl (1st Raiden, 2nd Hu Tao. The upcoming girl Miku will shatter records if shes released).

A beach OVA episode will bring life to this good anime. I want to see Maria and the girls as little clothes as posible.
(an onsen episode is not bad too. However, hot springs are rare except in Japan)

Jan 15, 2022 12:57 PM

Dec 2015
Gazz said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

the mangaka for Dr. Stone obviously was making his girls 'ecchi' to cater to his target audience, hormone filled tween boys!

Ofcourse. Cute, Sexy and Moe girls are the main ingredients to profit in industry. It way started in the late 80s where waifu girls contribute the success of a game/anime. Look at Sailor Moon with their thighs expose for the enjoyment for us degenerates. Look at 1991 Final Fantasy IV where they designed Rydia hot as F. Genshin Impact highest pull rates are their hottest girl (1st Raiden, 2nd Hu Tao. The upcoming girl Miku will shatter records if shes released).

A beach OVA episode will bring life to this good anime. I want to see Maria and the girls as little clothes as posible.
(an onsen episode is not bad too. However, hot springs are rare except in Japan)

i do agree, fan-service is great! but if it is entirely outside the baseline 'settings' of the show it won't make sense. take a look at 'Princess Connect S1'... specifically the beach ep. Kokoro wins the quintessential 'shopping district raffle trope' with tickets from vendors and the raffle device is the classic anime 'rolling beads' tumbler! now cmon? what fantasy show/setting has a crepe stand? and a vacation won via a raffle? ;> now if you set that aside and consider this; the girls' suits are in-line with their previous designs and personalites. of course the entire show is filled with gap-moe moments (cute girls fighting!) and plenty of skin showing and 'Gainax boing!' moments. so the beach ep. does fit into the general 'settings' of the show.

if you tried to 'shoehorn' THAT kind of episode (even as an OVA!) into Bakarina's new world? it just wouldn't work. now if the source author can figure it out, or already has? sure, i'd go along with that if it was an ep that... oh Bakarina has a naughty dream about beach frolics... or do the same thing like the little magical doll-house episode. just make it a little magical beach snack-sack and everybody goes wandering along a beach inside their own personal fantasies again... with their breastesses jiggling and trying to seduce Bakarina with their rippling muscles and feminine charms and whatnot. but to make it a regular inside the season episode? shrug. it would take some serious convincing to keep me immersed in it.
Feb 3, 2022 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
Childhood friends more like, childhood harem lol 8/10 for me since it was really nice to watch
Jan 7, 2023 4:57 AM

Jul 2015
Basically a recap from the sidecharacters pov of what we've already seen before.
Still fun to see some new short scenes like Bakarina's mother wanting a divorce and Alan's first meeting with Mary.

Jul 19, 2023 2:11 PM
Sep 2018
It's nothing particularly new, but it was never advertised to be, and I still loved aeeing Cat and Co do their thing.
Aug 15, 2023 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
Iz thiz also called as ep13 on X?

Mar 3, 8:47 AM

Aug 2019
the first times the harem members met catarina but from their pov, quite interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

3 by Bellxx »»
May 28, 2023 8:40 PM

» More Bakarina!

Sigmar-Unberogen - Jul 18, 2021

3 by potatoweebie »»
Oct 6, 2021 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.