Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2010 7:43 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not even really sure what I saw. I know Ichigo deflected the attack, but that's about it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 8, 2010 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
mulderman said:
Monad said:
You miss the way a storytellers mind work. During the whole story of Bleach Kubo never gave Soi-Fon much attention. He never build her to look like having more power than any other captain. The fight with Yoruichi clearly showed that she still has ways to go before reaching any close to the level of experience captains like Yoruichi.
Soi-Fon also is very new as a captain(only Hitsugaya is newer that her) with out Kubo leaving any innuendos of her being special or anything. He clearly showed that she reached her position because of her hard work.
There was no reason for people to believe that he will give Soi-Fon a power that will be more awesome that what the captains we already knew had.

On the other hand Gin was built by Kubo to be mysterious,dangerous,strange with big potential as a shinigami from the time he was a 13 year old. Kubo was leaving signs all the way that this guy must be one dangerous motherfucker with strange motives and unknown intentions. Hell he even makes Aizen who pawns everyone with his "just as plan" attitude look at him strangely.
To you really believe he wasted all that just to give him a lame power right now and let him be killed easily by Ichigo? If you leave inuentos about someone in a story is because you want him to have a role in it. He won't just let him be another in company of the espada that got pawn after showing his mediocre bankai.

I know full well how a storyteller mind works. All I'm saying is that this is another one of those cases where Kubo could deliver, but without a doubt will fail to do so. Yea Gin's been one of the most interesting characters because we know next to nothing about him. But at this point do you honestly expect Kubo to give a satisfying answer to all this?

Tousen was another one of those cases. I was really expecting a good motivation etc and at least a clash worthy of one of the big 3 of Aizen's group. What we got was lackluster.

Before that we had the long anticipated entry of the Vizards. Which also turned out to be... lackluster.

Before that we had The Captains finally doing something in HM. And Kenpachi using "2 hands" is the best way to describe that mess. Lackluster.

You're completely right though. Gin is one of those cases where a good writer could turn the tables on his readers. Problem is... Kubo is not a good writer.

Now you're free to discard this as "you're only reading this series so you can bitch about it, and thus are totally missing the deeper layer Bleach has to offer" But we'll see how this works out in a few chapters.

Sure Kubo may not be the best storyteller around but it's obvious that you underestimate him. His a lot smarter than you think.

Tousen? Sorry to brake this to you but Tousen was lame and Kubo made it quite clear that he was the little servant of the big 3. When Aizen speaks he mainly speaks to Gin, Tousen story was reveled early, Tousen potential was easily shown in the fight with Kenpachi, and he was a little soldier at the pendulum arc also. It was obvious Aizen was just using his lame ass of justice because he found a nice idiot to use. The fact that you expected a lot more and thought of him as a "big 3 guy" is your fault, not Kubo's.

Vizards - Vizards had reason for being include in the story. Used as a tool for Ichigo's hollow control, give a nice essence to the story from the past and show that Aizen has been long ago doing staff(this way he can use the "just as plan" attitude), and used as a mechanism of saving heroes out of destruction and maybe be the heroes of a fight themselves in the future.
When they arrived the Espada's had the upper hand. They fulfilled there role of helping get rid of them and give Aizen the motive to move on in to battle.
Making them do anything more than that would have been a problem for the story. If they won against Aizen then how the hell do we progress. You can't have the main villain lose here. And if they appeared a thousand times better than the captains then the captains will always look lame in the story from now on and have not much reason to exist or go in to battle. They will be reduce to foot soldiers that only fight to gain time until the Vizards arrive to clean the place. The captains are interesting very lovable characters. He can't let them lose all their importance to the story.

Captains in HM did fine by me and i only wonder what else did you expect from Captains that we already knew there abilities. Actually i was surprised on how awesomely the kicked ass and shown new powers. Kenpachi shown his two hand thing, Byakuya shown his pink ball that surrounds you thing, and Mayuri used a couple of new tricks(fake bones etc) along with the most torturous death ever seen in anime. Seriously, what else did you expect?

Kubo is not an idiot and you guys are not smarter than him in writing this story. He may not make everything all the time as awesome as we want them to be but he doesn't waste his time leaving clues and innuendos for nothing. I'm certain than he will give Gin a lot more power than what we just saw and actually i strongly believe Gin won't even die in this battle. Also if Kubo thinks as i think he does, Gin won't even show any signs of Hollowification in this battle.
MonadApr 8, 2010 8:22 PM
Apr 8, 2010 8:21 AM

Jan 2009
I don't know about you, but seeing that row of massive buildings being cut like a piece of paper, that impressed me a lot. It's so destructive actually.
That was just a foreplay, I wouldn't rush judging things without actually seeing the whole battle =)
Apr 8, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, Gin, twice in one chapter! I'm going to start getting used to seeing your eyes soon...

As for his bankai, not that impressive so far, but I highly doubt we've seen all of it. I did raise an eyebrow when he said how long it stretched. How the hell do you hold something like that?!

[白恋] [] [?] [LJ] [DA] [MDL]
Apr 8, 2010 8:53 AM

Sep 2009
Karukura town is only 12km in diameter, right? I think that was the point of why his bankai is so impressive.
Apr 8, 2010 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
Gin will probably have a failure ending like Tousen had..

still urahara..where are you
Apr 8, 2010 9:34 AM

Feb 2008
So disappointed by Gin's bankai. Good thing though that Ichigo can hurt Gin, so he's not overpowered like Aizen.
Apr 8, 2010 9:43 AM

Mar 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
DoubleD369 said:
ZOMG Gin opened his eyes eye

Is it just me or does Gin seem even creepier with his eyes open?
Apr 8, 2010 9:58 AM
May 2008
what a lame bankai o.O i was completely surprised
Apr 8, 2010 10:31 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
The lack of brain power that you people have it's amusing. Do you really believe his bankai is just what you saw? Gin hasn't shown anything yet.
For example if that 13km sword can turn and twist Gin can surround himself with his own sword while also attacking. Like making a protective cage around himself and use the tip to attack like a whip. It could destroy everything around him with crazy fast whip moves while having a perfect defense.

If you change a little the idea of the sword only being able to extend in a straight line and give it other abilities it can become very awesome.
It could even be able to slash through the ground and come out of any place around you. There are many ideas.
Hell Kubo may even not just change the way the sword operates or uses the 13km but he could even give Gin another completely different ability along with his sword while he is in bankai.
You guys are getting so easily trolled. No wonder Kubo loves trolling you.

This.

Frankly I doubt Gin has a hollow mask.

What was interesting in this chapter is how Ichigo described Gin - and thats true. We know nothing about him. Heck, even Aizen knows nothing about him.

I would not be surprised if Gin is some sort of envoy from Hell Society or something entirely else.

So far his reasons for going with Aizen seem to be best described as "for the lulz" - we knwo nothing of his background of what he actually wants from all of thsi and etc.

If anything this chapter showed off Gin's sadistic, manipulative siide.

Gin does not need something as haxxed as KS to manipulate people. his own "mindfuck talent" is enough.

quoting Ichigo: "I don't even know what I saw back then"
Apr 8, 2010 11:12 AM
Feb 2009
Monad said:
The lack of brain power that you people have it's amusing. Do you really believe his bankai is just what you saw? Gin hasn't shown anything yet.
For example if that 13km sword can turn and twist Gin can surround himself with his own sword while also attacking. Like making a protective cage around himself and use the tip to attack like a whip. It could destroy everything around him with crazy fast whip moves while having a perfect defense.

If you change a little the idea of the sword only being able to extend in a straight line and give it other abilities it can become very awesome.
It could even be able to slash through the ground and come out of any place around you. There are many ideas.
Hell Kubo may even not just change the way the sword operates or uses the 13km but he could even give Gin another completely different ability along with his sword while he is in bankai.

You guys are getting so easily trolled. No wonder Kubo loves trolling you.

While I disagree with you on the bakai, I think he may have some other ability completely unrelated to his zanpakutou.
Apr 8, 2010 12:03 PM
Feb 2010
you know i thought his banlai was pretty good gin's that is....he looked pretty badass to me while he did use it

i mean hell it looked good and sounded good from the way he talked i'm wondering if they're probably gonna have the next few chaps to mainly be about gin and ichigo's fight hell that would be nice i would love that always wanted to see what would happen if they ever fought.

now i'm even more interested in the next chap next week hell i cant wait for it to come out :P

Apr 8, 2010 12:04 PM

Aug 2007
This chapter was as lame as the others. :/
Oh great, Isshin managed to stop Aizen from talking, but instead, Ichigo began to talk like a waterfall. Great. *facepalm*

13km streching sword as a bankai, that's a joke, right? After so many chapters of disappointment and lost chances to make the manga good again, I completely lost my faith in Kubo.
Bleach is never going to be good again. This manga began good and is now nothing but a huge disappointment. Sad, but true.
Apr 8, 2010 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
kennikitty said:
This chapter was as lame as the others. :/
Oh great, Isshin managed to stop Aizen from talking, but instead, Ichigo began to talk like a waterfall. Great. *facepalm*

13km streching sword as a bankai, that's a joke, right? After so many chapters of disappointment and lost chances to make the manga good again, I completely lost my faith in Kubo.
Bleach is never going to be good again. This manga began good and is now nothing but a huge disappointment. Sad, but true.

This was already true back when Kenpachi revealed that using TWO HANDS TO HOLD A SWORD MAKES YOUR SWING STRONGER!!! Wow! I NEVER would have thought something like that could be true!
Apr 8, 2010 12:17 PM

Mar 2010
Hated the fact how they spent this whole chapter just talking bullshit.
I don't really mind Gin's bankai. I mean really, what were you people expecting? We all knew from the start it would just get...longer.
Bah, I hope it gets better.
Apr 8, 2010 1:34 PM

Dec 2009
Kaarosu said:
Hated the fact how they spent this whole chapter just talking bullshit.
I don't really mind Gin's bankai. I mean really, what were you people expecting? We all knew from the start it would just get...longer.
Bah, I hope it gets better.

Agreed.

But Gin totally said what I was thinkin'. Ichigo does act like a poet. Twas such a moving speech.
Gin opened his eyes! Yip!

Apr 8, 2010 2:43 PM

Mar 2010
Let's see a 13 km sword...assuming, the entire length of the sword is uniformly rigid, and assuming Gin can swing a katana 180 degrees in 0.5 seconds, that means at the end of his sword, the tangential velocity is about 82 km/sec...which is about 0.02% the speed of light, and 240 times the speed of sound.

Too much hax for Gin.

And Ichigo being poetic is an interesting side of him I guess.
Captain Soap Mactavish doesn't die. Not even a knife to the heart can stop him. *insert Chuck Norris joke here*
Apr 8, 2010 7:10 PM

May 2007
Gin is awesome, whatever his bankai may or may not be. :)

Apr 8, 2010 8:12 PM

Jul 2008
Kage_of_UF said:
Let's see a 13 km sword...assuming, the entire length of the sword is uniformly rigid, and assuming Gin can swing a katana 180 degrees in 0.5 seconds, that means at the end of his sword, the tangential velocity is about 82 km/sec...which is about 0.02% the speed of light, and 240 times the speed of sound.

Too much hax for Gin.

And Ichigo being poetic is an interesting side of him I guess.

How can he hit something 13km away even with that speed when his eyes are always closed... well, as of this chapter i guess he can also squint

Apr 8, 2010 9:27 PM

May 2009
Decent chapter. We all hate Gin's Bankai that much huh? Must be so heavy and not balanced I don't even understand the logic in that. I'm waiting for a flashback arc about Isshin's past.
V3ng3Apr 9, 2010 4:35 AM
Apr 8, 2010 9:29 PM
Jun 2009

ps: god dam no one piece is making me go crazy

same here.. im losing it
Apr 8, 2010 10:22 PM

Sep 2009
What does Tite Kubo have against buildings?? I swear, buildings make up the most casualties in Bleach!!
Apr 8, 2010 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
Neiru2012 said:
What does Tite Kubo have against buildings?? I swear, buildings make up the most casualties in Bleach!!

Score one! XD

Ichigo: I didn't come here to play fifty questions.

XD Man, that made me laugh. Gogo Kubo. Finally you made things interesting.
Apr 9, 2010 12:06 AM

Sep 2009
Now that Aizen stopped talking Ichigo comes up with his speeches... Anyone actually knows what the hell are the rest of them all doing right now? I mean, is it possible that only four people are fighting? Ffs even throwing stones could be useful as a half-second distraction or something....
Apr 9, 2010 12:33 AM
May 2009
Cool name but the effect suck. wtf man
Apr 9, 2010 1:55 AM

Jul 2007
dxthegreat said:

How can he hit something 13km away even with that speed when his eyes are always closed... well, as of this chapter i guess he can also squint

He does not need. All he needs to do is swing ~180degrees and everything 13km awy is destroyed with kinetic force of that of a nuke, without anyone there fast enough to react to it.

Jenta said:
Decent chapter. We all hate Gin's Bankai that must be so heavy and not balanced I don't even understand the logic in that. I'm waiting for a flashback arc about Isshin's past.

Weight and balance does not matter For Gin, that sword weighs about the same as his unreleased sword. Its the same balance-wise.
Apr 9, 2010 3:49 AM
Dec 2009
hmm...don't understand why gin is so surprised about ichigo's ability.
he should be pretty clear about it by now...

anyway, isshin is the only 1 till now that can fight aizen without normally..perhaps it is a indication of his strenght..higher than even the yamato...??
Apr 9, 2010 4:23 AM

Nov 2008
Omg i hate chapters like this Gin was ready to go Bankai in the last page of the last chapter and now all you see in this chapters is the explication of his Bankai .
Apr 9, 2010 4:42 AM

Nov 2007
Ichigo just owned Gin there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 9, 2010 6:21 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
dxthegreat said:

He does not need. All he needs to do is swing ~180degrees and everything 13km awy is destroyed with kinetic force of that of a nuke, without anyone there fast enough to react to it.

Except dumb protagonists.
Apr 9, 2010 7:19 AM

Oct 2007
LAME

want the PAPA!ichigo vs aizen fight.
Apr 9, 2010 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
[Say all with me : BIGGER IS NOT BETTER ! XD
But i think Gin is more suspicious than we think.

BIGGER IS NOT BETTER! ;P
I expected Gin's bankai to be something more... interesting... creative... and usefull xD
Just give me a good fight...

Apr 9, 2010 8:16 AM

Mar 2010
Next chapter Isshin kills Aizen with 2 strikes, lol
Apr 9, 2010 8:54 AM

Jul 2007
Kingwel said:
Fai said:
dxthegreat said:

Except dumb protagonists.

But then again Ichigo was closest to him and kinetic force of Gin's sword is lowest in his beginning(due to laws of physics)

I see nothing wrong with Ichigo being able to block Gin's attack as Ichigo is not exactly weak right now(~2x-5x captain level). Add Resolve to that.
Apr 9, 2010 9:40 AM
Feb 2009
Gin opened his eyes twice this chapter?! Why do I feel like the only one amazed by this?
Apr 9, 2010 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
Deicide, huh?

Looks like Glen Benton has a bankai after all.
Apr 9, 2010 12:55 PM

Jul 2009
What a lame bankai
Apr 9, 2010 1:46 PM
Apr 2010
I personally was severely disappointed.

everyone elses bankai has been so creative, and gin goes from having a long sword to. . . a longer sword. . . not very creative
Apr 9, 2010 3:59 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Awesome, it's a bankai fight.

Apr 9, 2010 4:47 PM
Oct 2007
Why is everyone so WOW-AWESOME-EPIC about Gin opening his eyes? He's cool anyway.. He's been my favorite character for a long time now.. It would be a huge disappointment if Gin got owned and could just slash his long sword. That won't obviously happen. I feel that Gin might be the biggest villain in the story, the author has given us no information about his motives. I hope that he will use his bankai awesomely in the next chapter. 3/5 for this chap.
Apr 9, 2010 7:23 PM

Dec 2009
This bankai was a totaly fail... If are noting coming in the next chapter.

tander... tander... TANDER BANKAI HOWLLLLLLL!!!
Apr 9, 2010 8:49 PM

May 2009
Gin's Bankai = <3
Apr 10, 2010 4:01 AM

Feb 2007
Poetic.

I expected Gin's bankai to make his sword longer, because my expectations of Kubo have sunken to such a point that I knew he would do something like this just to nerdrage everyone on MAL.

It was hard to tell what was going on, but it did look like Gin's sword was swinging around at one point, not just moving in a straight line. I hope what Monad has said comes true, but my expectations are low, like mulderman.
Apr 10, 2010 9:12 AM

Jun 2009
yeah it didnt impress me either i hope he would of had something different and better. lol the way he got getsuga tenshoued in the face lol he was still smiling
Apr 10, 2010 10:15 AM

Dec 2008
13km sword? I was expecting something more interesting! :(
Apr 10, 2010 9:48 PM
Nov 2008
13 km...that's...going too far. xD
Apr 10, 2010 10:32 PM

May 2008
Gin's bankai disappointed me. A lot. >.> I mean come on his sword just got longer...Wow.
Apr 10, 2010 10:39 PM

Aug 2007
i hope gin's bankai has something more than just '13km'... >>

Apr 11, 2010 6:08 AM

Nov 2009
*sigh*
Apr 11, 2010 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
Previous chapter discussion lol
HawthorneKitty said:
Maybe Gin's bankai will allow him to open his eyes more often.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.