Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2021 2:40 AM

Jan 2021
But I can't keep my eyes off this trainwreck, each episode breaks new grounds in cringey trash, I don't think I have ever seen an anime like it.

Some have equated it to a parody comedy but that is definitely giving it way too much credit, the material looks like the author speedrunned the whole script in a hour.
Dec 15, 2021 2:47 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t think it’s that low effort, if you think this is a trainwreck of a show you definitely haven’t seen most isekai.
Dec 15, 2021 2:53 AM

Jan 2021
The_Lord_26 said:
I don’t think it’s that low effort, if you think this is a trainwreck of a show you definitely haven’t seen most isekai.
How can this show be any more low effort, nothing is earned, the MC has no idea what he is doing, everyone he encounters just gets added to a harem, the side characters are completely messed up, there was literally a dude in the last episode who fought with cum.

Like come on, there is generic trash then there is this, what even is it lmao.
Dec 15, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
At least it is self aware so I can give it some slack.
Spirit Chronicles, which we had previous season was way worse.

Dec 15, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2021
dabdabgoose said:
The_Lord_26 said:
How can this show be any more low effort, nothing is earned, the MC has no idea what he is doing, everyone he encounters just gets added to a harem, the side characters are completely messed up, there was literally a dude in the last episode who fought with cum.

Like come on, there is generic trash then there is this, what even is it lmao.

I agree that it’s low effort, don’t get me wrong. It’s just not the most low effort anime I’ve watched.
Dec 15, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2021
Just a nigga spitting fact no no no that's trash.
Dec 15, 2021 3:14 AM

Nov 2019
it's definitely low effort, everything about this series screams low effort even the characters and art. feels like a mid budget h-tai
Dec 15, 2021 3:29 AM
Apr 2021
priz_98k said:
Just a nigga spitting fact no no no that's trash.
Ikr? Man woke up and decided to spit facts
Dec 15, 2021 5:29 AM
Feb 2021
dabdabgoose said:
But I can't keep my eyes off this trainwreck, each episode breaks new grounds in cringey trash, I don't think I have ever seen an anime like it.

Some have equated it to a parody comedy but that is definitely giving it way too much credit, the material looks like the author speedrunned the whole script in a hour.
ok it's pretty low effort and the side characters really haven't done too much, but it's not that bad like episode 6 was pretty good and you can't deny that the rest was ok
Dec 15, 2021 5:57 AM
Aug 2021
I love this show. It's so stupid it's funny
Dec 15, 2021 6:03 AM

Sep 2018
dabdabgoose said:

I'm impressed with your staying power.

I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach this in the first 5 minutes.
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 15, 2021 8:38 AM
Apr 2020
dabdabgoose said:

And somehow, in my opinion, this isn't the worst anime this season. It's pretty cringey and feels low effort but I keep watching, and somehow enjoy this. I enjoy it more than bloody Platinum End! What has my life become...
Dec 15, 2021 9:09 AM
Sep 2008
This anime knows it's trash and embracess the trash, and that's why it's a good trash anime.
Dec 15, 2021 10:05 AM
Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
At least it is self aware so I can give it some slack.
Spirit Chronicles, which we had previous season was way worse.
its only self aware when it wants to be
Dec 15, 2021 7:01 PM
Dec 2018
I like the kind of trashy trash this show offers, but I have the feeling it is going to some more standard trash (every girl loves mc) most of the times than the Quality Trash like in the derpy horses episode, it offers every once in a while,
Dec 16, 2021 1:56 AM
Nov 2020
I actually quite like this show and lot of isekai love slime
seirei gensouki also
saga of tanya
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
meikyuu black company
from commonplace to world's strongest
death march
isekai maou
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Ikusa Otome
The 8th son are you kidding me
Konosuba
Maou-Sama retry
Mushoku tensei
No game no life
Overlord
Isekai wa smartphone to tomo ni
Shield hero
Sentouin hakenshimasu
I love all of these
Maybe I'm a bit too obsessed with isekai
Dec 16, 2021 10:18 AM

Jun 2019
I think, it's a show that really isn't that great, it *knows* it isn't that great, and it takes advantage of that to do stupid stuff. And you know what? It'd be a stretch to call this show anything approaching good, but it still makes me look forward to Monday more than any other day of the week.
Dec 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2020
U should watch isekai cheat magician
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 16, 2021 11:34 AM
Oct 2019
Like i means a little late to wake up isn't it buddy?

The Isekai genre itself is the definition of mediocrity writing with no logic, no coherence, no rules at all in the world or the few rules will just be here to be broken by the writer.
And isekai are a definition of mediocre trash MC too, always a weaking piece of shit who would get beat up by a 10 year old kid, A4 blank page with no charisma, no personality and stupid as f***, he will get a no derserved power by a god or find it on the street randomly, a power that doesn't belond to him at all and could be take away at any moment, and will use this cheat to do thing wihout any merit or whatever, will never face any stake, danger, make any choice, nothing.
And yeah secondary character will not be given any respect by the writer because they will be only here for a underserved shitty harem wihout reason, no merit where each girl will enter after 1 sec and male secondary character doesn't exist... or they are just useless, could be ghost would be the same.
Because 95% of isekai are self-insert gary stu of the mediocre writer.

It's not new, it's became even worst since a few years actually, Isekai before where not that good or just bad for some but now, Isekai are bottom sewer level of trash, in dictonnary for mediocrity definition it should be writed "Isekai".
A few exemple of this mediocre trash isekai with mediocre trash MC:
Isekai no Smartphone
Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar
CHOYOYU: High School prodigies
Kenja no Mago
The 8th son
Isekai Cheat Magician
Seirei Gensouki
And of course this one Shinka no Mi.

Can we had Redo healer in this, yeah let's had it, because that was at the same level than this trash a give in exemple and a isekai in disguise.
And don't worry the succession already is in his way, with Tensei Kenjya who is coming to be added to that list of mediocre trash isekai.
A chance that a very very few actually are at least decent like Black compagny, Bookworm, Grimgar, Konosuba, Re Zero, Shield Hero, Otome game, Mushoku, Overlord, Log Horizon, Spider (more for the spider/demon side than the other side, other side was trash with the two mediocre trash of the Hero and the psycho rival).
And yeah not Slime, Slime S1 was ok but boring, S2 was pure trash at the same level than can go up there with the other trash.
LeeChang23Jun 30, 2022 11:36 AM
Dec 17, 2021 3:33 AM
Feb 2021
It has an 80s nostalgic feel. So campy! It's not a masterpiece, but it has moments that make me laugh. It doesn't take itself too seriously at least.
Dec 18, 2021 6:17 PM
Jan 2020
The Isekai hate on here is almost amusing. This show is a wonderful parody of Isekai. Why take is so seriously? Japan loves this stuff and it's not going away anytime soon.
Dec 20, 2021 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
LeeChang23 said:
The Isekai genre itself is the definition of mediocrity writing with no logic, no coherence, no rules at all in the world or the few rules will just be here to be broken by the writer.
And isekai are a definition of mediocre trash MC too, always a weaking piece of shit who would get beat up by a 10 year old kid, A4 blank page with no charisma, no personality and stupid as f***, he will get a no derserved power by a god or find it on the street randomly, a power that doesn't belond to him at all and could be take away at any moment, and will use this cheat to do thing wihout any merit or whatever, will never face any stake, danger, make any choice, nothing.

Your whole rant about how mediocre Isekai as a subgenre is was pretty spot on. Gotta agree with most of the things you said there. I don't agree with some of the examples of good Isekai you pointed but at least I can admit they're all above the level of bottom-tier trash others tend to be. With this said, I will remember Shinka no Mi as one of the worst and laziest shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Dec 20, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
HAHA YEAH that show is absolute trash

MandiBunni said:
It has an 80s nostalgic feel. So campy! It's not a masterpiece, but it has moments that make me laugh. It doesn't take itself too seriously at least.
Sorry, WHICH part of the show feels like the 80s? Because I can't see any....I'm so blind to trash anime xD

MadVandal said:
The Isekai hate on here is almost amusing. This show is a wonderful parody of Isekai. Why take is so seriously? Japan loves this stuff and it's not going away anytime soon.
Wow man, your tastes are so...trashy. A good pun if I say so myself :)
Dec 20, 2021 9:24 AM
Aug 2019
DimoodX13 said:

Yes . Absolutely. That's the same reason I'm watching it. It's so bad that it makes you laugh. It's something like KonoSuba that mocks other isekai animes. No way near Konosuba level it is though.
Dec 20, 2021 9:53 AM
Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
HAHA YEAH that show is absolute trash

MandiBunni said:
Sorry, WHICH part of the show feels like the 80s? Because I can't see any....I'm so blind to trash anime xD

MadVandal said:
Wow man, your tastes are so...trashy. A good pun if I say so myself :)

Ya, cheat magician and dungeon only I can enter were pretty dull. I like serious anime, but the experience doesn't feel complete without a regular dose of silly or ecchi loaded Isekai. Watching loner OP edgelords cause havok never gets old.

Dec 20, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2019
I Agree that this show is low effort and kind of cringe but don't really get why OP denies that the show is comedy/parody

Some people may argue that is bad comedy or bad parody, but not deny what rally is. Also the show is very self aware, you even have the mc talking in dumb way every time a episode start or at the end displaying some idiotic hero stats.

Some good examples of isekais that are not parody/comedy that ended up being pretty bad in my opinion: isekai cheat magician, Kenja no Mago, Seirei Gensoki, etc,etc...
Isekai smartphone is kind of comedy but not really funny imo.

Heck even the slime isekai which is pretty good ended up turning Rimuru into a generic overpowered MC, plus all his friend/servants into freaking demigods, this to the point that by the end of the last season I was totally bored with the show.

But in the case of this show I actually liked it 'cause the show clearly know what it is. This one at least gave some good laughs.
rieihdiusDec 20, 2021 11:40 AM
Dec 20, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2021
Its rating is pretty low.
So ufcrse it would be trash!?
Whats the surprise?
Dec 20, 2021 1:05 PM
Jul 2021
NXT_2006 said:
dabdabgoose said:

And somehow, in my opinion, this isn't the worst anime this season. It's pretty cringey and feels low effort but I keep watching, and somehow enjoy this. I enjoy it more than bloody Platinum End! What has my life become...

Same, Platinum End started AMAZING. After the first episode I was like THIS is going to be my favorite surprise show of the season, then about episode 5-6 I was like umm 🤔, what happened? This show is definitely not going to win any awards, But I laughed and enjoyed it throughout. My only complaints is I wish he'd turn down the Zenitsu whining by like 60%,

Oh nooo I'm overpowered!?!? What a terrible life I life?! Like come on bro, you were chubby with no friends, and bullied. Now you are super handsome, charismatic, have two wives AND you're super OP. Enjoy yourself! That's like hitting 300 Million in the lottery and then bitching about how different your life is with soo much money.

Dec 20, 2021 1:18 PM
Jul 2015
This show is the definition of a 5 not too bad to watch and good enough to where I looked forward to it each week but I still enjoyed watching it each week, unlike other anime I've dropped this season which will probably end up with higher ratings.
Dec 20, 2021 2:15 PM
Feb 2021
It’s so fucking bad that it makes it so fucking good
Dec 20, 2021 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
aren't half the light novel adaptations every season just as bad, like seriously, who tf is funding these shows, who is watching these shows?
Dec 21, 2021 3:23 AM
Jul 2021
DimoodX13 said:
100%, I’m not super into harems in isekai but I actually weirdly enjoyed this show, it’s good to just watch and not think too much about it.
Dec 21, 2021 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
**The true ending is the Harem ending.**

But on a serious note, I really loved this show. It's so bad it's good again. Basically Isekai cliches piled on top of each other and somehow it still made some sense and was funny.
Isekai being my favourite genre to the point I have read over 400 different Isekai Manga this show is just a summary of what you read/watch in those type of works.

Also had top tier waifus and even more in the Manga since it's a bit more advanced.
Dec 21, 2021 8:45 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly, I started to watch Anime in 2020 but I watched every genre such as popular or interesting. But I don't know how come this trash? I've just want to see more because I am interested about the story. Also why complaining about art? It's good for me though.
Jan 3, 2022 11:59 AM

Oct 2008
Top 10 worst Isekai of 2021

Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara (bleached my eyes)
Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! (put me out of my misery please)
Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei (will the pain never end)
Meikyuu Black Company (it's redeemable, maybe)
Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki (just boring)
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (doesn't take itself very seriously, but I can live with that)

The rest are not worth mentioning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2021

46 by Foreall908 »»
Feb 18, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2021

98 by Ergandoew1122 »»
Feb 4, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2021

71 by BiggKab »»
Jan 11, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 18, 2021

58 by BiggKab »»
Jan 9, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2021

23 by waldy713 »»
Dec 16, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.