Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
Yakumo was close to decimating Rin's Garanndoll, and General Tanaka saved the day...NOT.

Those weirdo creepy Otaku people wearing face masks are still around in the dungeon, but at least they helped Misa get Hosomichi out. It's weird that Balzac would himself come out to face Yakumo to buy time for Misa and Hosomichi...and as stupid as it seems, Yakumo took the bait even if it means gasping the words out of him.

Misa's treasure trove of retro games and for a backstory, time spent playing with her Otaku dad that never came back with the war, becoming a NEET is all but inevitable for the only family member. It's sad to see the delusions that Misa grew up with, form the basis of her personality. Instead of running away, being on the Garann is the next logical choice, and it takes the form of the Cat Three for a retro aspect...but being overall weaker than Rin and Yuki's Garann.

Of the 3 Garanns (Shark, Rabbit, Cat), Misa's the easiest to convince, but when powered up, she becomes a Kotatsu. I'd think that it's also easier to see Misa's relationship with Hosomichi of getting along the fastest with a weird-shaped mecha like that. Same bombastic action as always.

A reasonable episode all things considered.
Nov 29, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2016
This show should've been renamed to Garannslog. This arc was incredibly boring with all the padding and stalling. It could had easily been reduced to one episode and still have the same message of a Hikikomori opening up to go outside.
Nov 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
the hero robots are complete a shark, a rabbit and a cat
Nov 29, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2019
deg said:

I was wondering if that meant anything? Some symbolism, maybe? Or am I looking too deep into it?
Nov 29, 2021 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
Sheklon said:
deg said:

I was wondering if that meant anything? Some symbolism, maybe? Or am I looking too deep into it?

could be like some japanese mythology or some japanese astrology lol
Nov 29, 2021 12:25 PM

Jan 2019
deg said:
Sheklon said:

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but I never heard of sharks being important to the Japanese, so I don't know. lol
Nov 29, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, Banki's such a awesome design, it's like a tortoise centaur thing., and inside the head a super deformed Garann based on a Crane As mentioned by Balzac, this based on a traditional Japanese art motif (as expected of the conservative True Army).

Balzac BS'd his way to buy Hosomichi some time.

Misa's lost her dad when the "True Army" invaded, a dad she would enjoyed playing video games with.

There's the implication he was assassinated or imprisoned but he mentioned the underground before he left so maybe he became one of the subterranean otaku people (who didn't seem to creep on Misa when she came to free Hosomichi).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 29, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
Sheklon said:
deg said:

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but I never heard of sharks being important to the Japanese, so I don't know. lol

yep only i can think of is another anime which is Kisame from Naruto he is literally a Shark that absorbs energy of his opponents
Nov 29, 2021 1:48 PM

Jun 2017
All aboard the kotatsu garandoll. Ngl that was a pretty unique idea. lol
Nov 29, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
different robots despite having a great outcome with these events.
Nov 29, 2021 5:10 PM

Sep 2020
I get the feeling that Misa's dad is still alive and in close proximity to our heroes (he's Tanaka-san, isn't he?).
Nov 29, 2021 5:14 PM

Jan 2019
deg said:
Sheklon said:

yep only i can think of is another anime which is Kisame from Naruto he is literally a Shark that absorbs energy of his opponents

Ohh, nice one. Kisame had a pretty cool ability. But yeah, other than that I can't think of any. I'll maybe look it up later (probably not, I'm too lazy lol).
Nov 29, 2021 6:50 PM
Jan 2013
Lol at tanka's distraction.

At least the episode didnt say compeltely reject the hikki way.I liked the kotatsu theme.

Nov 29, 2021 7:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Glad that Misa found a substitute for her missing game partner father. My heart can't stop pounding when she, Shiori, said nyaa nonstop and oniichan with the additional overdose-adorable chuckle in the end. Kotatsu cat mech against Tortoise and Crane, battle between the two tank-type mech. Rapid fire press button for the win. Tanaka and Yamada also doing a great job to stalling time. Kinda a sad backstory, being left alone by an otaku-gamer father, must be hard. But, she could do it, until, the bald dude kidnapping her out, lmao. But, without that, she will never find Hosomichi, her lost brother. Team completed, with all their nice logos. 4 episodes left. How can they wrap the things up with the conflict plot with the True Army? Lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 30, 2021 4:54 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Kotatsu... I didn't see that coming.
Lmao

It's so cliche and ridiculous, i just having a good time watching it.
Nov 30, 2021 7:35 PM

Jun 2019
Welp, it was once again obvious that they ran out of budget so I’m dropping this now. I’m not going to watch another 4 episodes of an anime awkwardly trying to hide character movement when the content itself is rather subpar. It’s a shame that right when I start to come around on this show the bottom falls out.
Dec 1, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2021
Great episode.

While I wouldn't say this is the best show of the season, I love the tempo and the atmosphere of this show. The jokes are funny and the characters are unique and likable.

Now that all 3 girls are here, it'll be interesting to see where they go from here.
Dec 12, 2021 8:07 AM

Mar 2010
Whoa a enjoyable and unorthodox gundam appeared. LIked her transformation better lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 8, 2022 2:14 AM

Jul 2015
Even for an anime character Balzac is impressively good at bullshit talking. Got to say I never expected to ever see a mecha combining with a Kotatsu.

Jun 21, 2022 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
loli enemy vs loli garanndoll lol
Third battery girl's heart captured!
If Hosimichi could've just be honest to himself and the rest of thee crew, he could do anything and do his job properly but because there's still something or probably some regret in his past life, there's still a reservation in his heart!

P.S. I finally have the time to continue this wonderful series! Even if the score is lower, it just means most ppl watched this didn't appreciate the story or expected more.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 26, 2022 6:27 AM

Jun 2021
Fear the power of the all mighty kotatsu! Lol. Very cute little episode. It’s nice to see him bonding with the kid. I guess he’s like her big brother figure now. The commander and the mascot dude are great. They really helped save the day haha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 11, 2021

53 by SofiaBulga »»
Sep 19, 2022 10:43 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 27, 2021

31 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Jul 26, 2022 6:36 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 20, 2021

20 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Jul 26, 2022 6:32 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 13, 2021

20 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Jul 26, 2022 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 6, 2021

15 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Jul 26, 2022 6:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.