Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2021 6:56 AM
Apr 2021
Am i the only one who actually enjoyed season 2, i havent read the manga but im planning to read it... ive seen manga readers say it was "rushed"
but was it really that bad???
Nov 10, 2021 7:03 AM
May 2021
I didn't complete s2 but basically they just skipped 100 chapters of the manga and went straight up to the ending.
Nov 10, 2021 7:03 AM
Apr 2021
It was horrible…
Nov 10, 2021 7:04 AM
Feb 2021
I personally disliked it
But knowing a lot of people who enjoyed it I came to realise
If no one tells you they skipped half the f-ing manga and you miss/ignore some loose ends/plotholes you can actually enjoy this no one should blame you for it
Nov 10, 2021 7:21 AM
Sep 2020
Well in contrast to manga, it's certainly is shit. Standalone too it was really straightforward, no plot twists and not much background shown of other characters. Also the character of Ray was literally killed, all he did was say yes to what Emma was saying. If you are comfortable, I would really really suggest reading the manga.
Nov 10, 2021 7:23 AM
Jul 2020
I (having not read the manga) thought it was ok until the last few episodes, but the ending was very disappointing. Then I read the manga and realized that this season is absolutely insulting.
Nov 10, 2021 7:27 AM

Dec 2020
it was bad imo other than the first like 2 or 3 episodes and the episode with the demon village was good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2021 7:50 AM

Aug 2021
Season 2 had an Anime Original Ending, right??

Yeah, the world would be dark without Light...
but without L, the world would just be a Word...
Nov 10, 2021 8:10 AM
Sep 2019
Illuminater0_0 said:
Am i the only one who actually enjoyed season 2, i havent read the manga but im planning to read it... ive seen manga readers say it was "rushed"

Are you okay
I haven't read the manga but I can tell its shit
But hey if you enjoyed it then I guess that's fine if it makes you happy and everyone should try to respect that ig
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Nov 10, 2021 8:10 AM

Dec 2020
i watched until ep 6(?) without reading the manga, and i only started reading it because i thought a certain event that happened there was so wack that i knew something was wrong lol.

if you can like this season then i promise you that you'll just Love the manga. missing out on so much especially if you like the franchise
Nov 10, 2021 8:27 AM
Mar 2021
Illuminater0_0 said:
The first manga I ever read was this, after reading many comments about the anime adaption. When I saw season 2, I thought it was good (not as good as season 1 though), but the ending was kinda disappointing. It felt like it was rushed. I mean... wth is with that powerpoint presentation like ending. They gotta be kidding 😐 And after that I read comments and decided to read the manga, and realized how really disappointing the season 2 is 🤧
Nov 10, 2021 10:51 AM
Oct 2019
In comparison to the manga it was a total disaster. Even on it's own it's not very good
The last remaining functional person on this site
Nov 10, 2021 11:04 AM
Mar 2021
Illuminater0_0 said:
Let me put it to you this way. The climax of the series, towards which the whole manga was working, which is a detailed multi chapter affair in the manga, was done in the anime in a few minutes (or seconds?).
It is bad. Devastatingly bad, when you know what you are missing. But unless you've read the manga, it might seem decent, idek.
Nov 10, 2021 12:09 PM
Nov 2020
You know how a story has a beginning, middle, and an end?
Well, the middle was cut completely, and was just skipped to the end.
Nov 10, 2021 12:38 PM
Jan 2020
More power to you. I hated the adaptation besides the first 2 episodes. If you liked season 2 then the manga will probably be even more amazing to you then.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Nov 10, 2021 12:41 PM

May 2021
I haven't read the manga yet but even then you can feel the second season is flat boring compared to the first season that had cliffhangers and interesting stuff happening in every single episode.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Nov 10, 2021 12:51 PM

Oct 2021
Yes, it's that bad.
Season 2 and the manga is like another anime.
They skipped 140 chapters worth of content (they didn't even include the best part of the manga "Goldy Pond") + they basically changed the things they included to season 2 from the manga.

I watched the whole anime first, then I read the manga.
I realized how shit and insulting the season 2 was.
If you ever want to watch this anime, please read the manga first or watch the season 1 then read the manga without watching the season 2 'cause it will only make you sadder.

I'm really disappointed.
I would want a remake of the anime...
AsudoxNov 10, 2021 12:55 PM
yes.
Nov 10, 2021 12:56 PM

Oct 2021
Fudomeki said:
Illuminater0_0 said:
The first manga I ever read was this, after reading many comments about the anime adaption. When I saw season 2, I thought it was good (not as good as season 1 though), but the ending was kinda disappointing. It felt like it was rushed. I mean... wth is with that powerpoint presentation like ending. They gotta be kidding 😐 And after that I read comments and decided to read the manga, and realized how really disappointing the season 2 is 🤧

Same, this was the first manga I've read too.
yes.
Nov 10, 2021 12:57 PM
Mar 2021
DarkOpposite said:
Fudomeki said:

Same, this was the first manga I've read too.
Oh! Cool! 🙌🏼
Hope you enjoyed it!
Nov 10, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2020
The pacing was god awful. The ending was also horrible.
Nov 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Jul 2020
def read the manga it is so SOSO much better, the anime S2 skipped over like one of the best arcs and characters (and it skipped over like 100+ chapter and like about 70 characters)
Nov 10, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 2021
Illuminater0_0 said:

Read the manga after the end of season 1 and you will understand how bad it actually was
Nov 10, 2021 11:19 PM
Aug 2021
Season 2 is worse than you can imagine. It was too bad they made the anime like that when even the manga didn't satisfy me after vol 5. Anime was too rushed and that last episode? I'm still hoping it was a joke. They showed the events like a photo album and did not even explain. It was the worst anime season I've ever watched
Nov 10, 2021 11:22 PM

May 2021
Illuminater0_0 said:
I did enjoy it as I have not read the manga, but was a disappointment comparing to previous season, the quality got low
Nov 11, 2021 10:28 AM
Apr 2021
I imagine as an anime only you might've been kinda confused. If you liked the direction the show went I absolutely recommend the manga, because it gives so much more detail to everything you watched and adds even more extra stuff that you'd no doubt enjoy. 😁
Nov 11, 2021 2:21 PM
Aug 2020
Coming from someone who has read the whole manga multiple times, it fails miserably as an adaptation.
(Season 2 spoilers)
They skipped one of the most phenomenal arcs of the whole franchise, left out amazing characters, then poorly tried to play it off as a time skip.
Norman's whole villain persona is.. just really bad.. the manga gives him more development, and reason behind his actions, while in the anime, his motives are shallow, and thrashed around. Ray is simply a lifeless pawn of a deuratagonist. He has no character, all he really does is.. exist..... even Emma is painfully bland. They took out a lot of the story which also took out a lot of development for all the characters.
It was just overall messy as well.
But at the end of the day it's all opinion. Maybe my expectations were too high because I've read the manga.
Nov 11, 2021 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
Goated_Weeb526 said:

It ended the same way as the manga with only a minor difference.
その目だれの目?
Nov 12, 2021 2:31 AM
Nov 2020
lizzziziz said:
i watched until ep 6(?) without reading the manga, and i only started reading it because i thought a certain event that happened there was so wack that i knew something was wrong lol.

if you can like this season then i promise you that you'll just Love the manga. missing out on so much especially if you like the franchise
I think that is around where it changed for me too. I felt like it was good up until that point in the story. After that episode it went downhill
Nov 12, 2021 3:07 AM
Mar 2021
I think it is better to watch the anime first and then read the manga if you want to enjoy both. As far as i can remember S1 is quite good but S2 loses a lot of quality starting at ep 3/4.
They basically skipped too much from the manga (for example the Goldy Pond Arc which i was hyped for the most).
They denied a lot of character development. I was seriously disappointed and angry when i watched season 2 to the point that i didn’t want to watch it anymore.
If you want to learn more about the characters, the world and experience a whole other story, that doesn’t feel so rushed and actually has some plots, then please read the manga.
Nov 12, 2021 3:12 AM

Dec 2020
Lightsrevenge said:
lizzziziz said:

I think that is around where it changed for me too. I felt like it was good up until that point in the story. After that episode it went downhill
RIGHTT ep 4-5 was alr a lil Eh but i didnt mind it, ep 6 was just So bad that it became my breaking point lol. just rushed to the manga to see if thats really how things went
Nov 12, 2021 10:25 PM

Jul 2021
listen i respect your opinion but my guy have you finished soon 2 the last 4 eps were absolute SHIT i don't understand how anyone could like it the characters were assassinated and the plot was absolutely ridiculous im fine if you like it but i really don't understand how you could

Nov 13, 2021 10:18 PM
Aug 2018
Well, it can be enjoyed if you ignore like all the storytelling and if you simply like anything… For the majority it defining wasn’t enjoyable, just a terrible adaptation that doesn’t do alright at all and skip/rush everything.
Reviewing is not easy.
Nov 13, 2021 10:22 PM
Aug 2018
Lucifrost said:
Goated_Weeb526 said:

It ended the same way as the manga with only a minor difference.

Yeah, a s3 in a beautiful 3 minutes of powerpoint format. An ending worse than the manga, even terrible.
Reviewing is not easy.

More topics from this board

» What is so bad about season 2? ( 1 2 )

ThatIcyElf - Sep 8, 2023

50 by tlowe »»
Jun 19, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Jun 12, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.