Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2021 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Short chapter again, and once again I don’t know what's going on. Red tries to kill Mana, but the memory of Allen the dog apparently stops him before he can. Also Mana thanks him, but I don't know if he's referring to Red, the dog or Neah. Apocryphos looks as creepy as always.
Nov 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Jun 2017
Welp stuff happened, I don't remember either lel.
Nov 9, 2021 8:51 PM

Oct 2017
Ye it's indeed hard to keep up with how the chapters release after so long.

I think he thanked Red.
Nov 10, 2021 6:15 PM

May 2018
That was a really short chapter. You would think that with chapters only being released, what, four times a year, that we would get more than a few pages.

Anyways, looks like Red's grief is the reason why the Millennium Earl came into existence.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 10, 2021 7:40 PM

Oct 2020
I came here expecting someone with an excellent memory explaining wtf is going on at this point but it seems I am not alone in my confusion
Nov 10, 2021 7:55 PM

Oct 2020
okay so I'm writing this as I check back the chapter:
So we start off with Mana/the Earl's... mental image? of Nea+tim, so, as things are happening he's mentally there in that field, okay.
Image goes back up to what's actually happening, which is, I THINK, apocryphos controlling red/child allen's hand (who thinks he's taking revenge for dog-allen or something like that) to kill off the earl, cool, nice. As this happens, Mana/Earl's figure seems to get distorted, is it distorting because of what he's seeng, because he lost the dog, wich triggers back memories from a previous lost, or is it the touch of the innocence? idk
As Mana/the Earl breaks off that mental image we started on, when Nea tells him to keep walking (where to, tho? pls give me some further development i literally got two college degrees since this started i'm dying). He manages to snap out of it and thank red/child allen for caring for dog-allen, as he tells him (or himself?) to not grieve further, for that will bring up the earl. Then there's some shattering imagery that doesn't speak clearly to me, like, i get "his mind is breaking" but... in what sense? like, am i seeing the human mana's mind breaking? or noah-mana's mind? earl's mind? maybe actually apocryphos control over red/child allen? i have no clue.

Interesting notes:
- aprocryphos calls red/chil allen "my disciple" but they could also be reffereing to... just the hand? I mean we know innocence it's a weird thing that can kinda have a mind of it's own, like, literally, apocryphos but idk. It would be cool to see that developed tho.
Also someone once commented that the arc's name reffer's to mana saying goodbye to red/child-allen because probably his mind will be gone and only the earl will remain, which would make sense but i need more backstory, badly. With no more animal cruelty, if possible.

k this is all i got so far
Nov 11, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
What we're having here are exactly the lines and same words from the story of the 3rd Reverse novel released 10 years ago... (well, there are some little changes, as for the add of Apocryphos who wasn't introduced then, and Cross Marian's encounter with Road)
I know that since it was released in France last august and I checked it out, and if I'm correct there are like only 2 chapters to go. I hope we'll have new hype content by then and not just drop where the novel stopped. I'd really like a confrontation between Cross and Apocryphos. (after what I want to go back to the current timeline, I miss it)
I'm a huge fan of DGM and I manage to remember most of what happen even if it's confusing as hell, but this one chapter disappointed me. Could've add more pages...

She's very active on her instagram, making stories and everything, but I really hope that Katsura Hoshino's illness(es) isn't growing... Those last 2 years of content (8 chapters... damn) have been much slower (maybe because of covid idk?).
i won't stop saying this, I hope that she takes care of herself!
Sw3atNov 11, 2021 8:52 AM
Nov 11, 2021 1:34 PM
Oct 2018
This is so short. Still love this manga though. Art is gorgeous.

I guess the story will flow better when the volume finally comes out, as it's usually the case.
Nov 13, 2021 12:10 PM
Oct 2021
Fantastic chapter!

If someone told me in the begining of DGM that I will love Earl, and he will became great chatacter, possibly one of the best written villains? I would never believe him. But Hoshino just did that...and it is amazing.

Yes, it could be better if it was like 50 pages, but we know that is all about Hoshino health and we don't want her end up as Miura. So even 19 pages works well for me. But it's true that there could be 23 pages or else, still from plot point it is much better choice to finish chapter at this point.

Art in this chapter was amazing. Each manga panel was like whole picture. And you even feel that this story is alive itself. Hoshino is real magician xD

Now talking about plot...well I expected to see chapter like this. Moment when Allen saw dog inside of Mana was weird. With this translation it seems that dog illusion didn't calm down Red, but actually made him even more angry. And we finally get to the point when Mana will became Earl again.
I'm not even close to understand what is going on between Nea and Mana. I meen Mana is clearly not evil. Yes, you could say that he killed Nea(or try to do that), but that happened already after events like Nea who killed all Noah's except Road and Mana and after Nea created 14- th room. Also I remember about Nea who after meeting Mana in nowadays said that:"it doesn't matter if Mana remember or not, till he could kill him." From other hand he made Mana following "Allen" till he meet him. Mana is really not looking evil at all, he just wanted to stay near his brother...he gives vibe of really good person, unlike Nea. So yeah...I don't believe that Mana gone mad first.
Now talking about Apocryph - he called Allen his disciple, while he called Heart as his master, which proves that Allen is not the heart.
Jack_ShadowsNov 13, 2021 12:17 PM
Nov 25, 2021 1:16 AM

Aug 2020
It's really hard to follow and don't know what to say anymore after reading all of the replies here but I am glad that chapter are releasing its not the same case as Nana,hxh or berserk at least.
Jan 23, 2022 5:52 PM

Nov 2009
Sw3at said:
What we're having here are exactly the lines and same words from the story of the 3rd Reverse novel released 10 years ago... (well, there are some little changes, as for the add of Apocryphos who wasn't introduced then, and Cross Marian's encounter with Road)
I know that since it was released in France last august and I checked it out, and if I'm correct there are like only 2 chapters to go. I hope we'll have new hype content by then and not just drop where the novel stopped. I'd really like a confrontation between Cross and Apocryphos. (after what I want to go back to the current timeline, I miss it)
I'm a huge fan of DGM and I manage to remember most of what happen even if it's confusing as hell, but this one chapter disappointed me. Could've add more pages...

She's very active on her instagram, making stories and everything, but I really hope that Katsura Hoshino's illness(es) isn't growing... Those last 2 years of content (8 chapters... damn) have been much slower (maybe because of covid idk?).
i won't stop saying this, I hope that she takes care of herself!

Yes, it’s as you said! It’s been a while since I read the reverse novel, but it makes me excited to see the story unfold in the manga this time!

What’s happening between Nea and Mana is like a parallel with Cain and Abel: one brother killing the other. But Mana is experiencing madness with his broken memories and most likely after killing Nea. Red being controlled by Apocryphos in order to destroy the Millenium Earl is quite interesting addition. Mana, the human part of him, had been trying to not transform into the Earl & as we found from the earlier parts of the story, the Earl feeds on grief because in turn it helps him create akuma.

What all the chapters have been showing is that there’s clearly a third party in the war between Noahs and the Order. It’s a party where the Heart, the Pillar, and Apocryphos are standing. If you think about it, the Bible in real life tells us about Noah’s family. They were in God’s side in a way, but DGM gives us an opposite story where the Noahs are against what’s considered God’s side, the Order. But at the same time, the humans who become Noahs are also struggling with their human-Noah identities.

Anyway, I really hope Hoshino’s health is okay. Drawing manga looks hard & with the quality she keeps on giving us even with few pages, the details on every page, it feels like she probably took a lot of time to draw each page even if she had assistants. Storyboarding, cleaning, inking, all these little details and tasks to make these chapters come to life… I also want more pages, but I’ve got to admit that she has such impeccable timing with the chapter endings. Like she really mastered that.

I don’t feel very confused to be honest. Even if I have some questions, I could feel that we are getting such a slow but meticulous build-up every chapter. It’s amazing when you think of how this is a decades old manga already.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 24, 2022 2:58 AM

Oct 2014
Soo grief was what created the Millenium Earl in the first place and it's what would bring him back..? Man, I'm enjoying all this but it's gotten so damn confusing x'D
Jan 28, 2022 8:39 PM

Jan 2009
Mana's memories slowly gets shattered throughout the chapter.
Red grieve for dog Allen is sad with Apo guy messing up with Red.
Red's slowly regain his conscious but Mana's memories completely shattered at the end of chapter.

The art is gorgeous with a few creepy pages.
Jan 31, 2022 10:14 PM
Mar 2021
At last, his art is not making me wonder what it's going on.
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM

May 2023
Apocryphos is annoying asf someone gotta get his asap

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

6 by Illyricus »»
Yesterday, 2:47 AM

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 222 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

37 by jeremysama »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.