Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2021 6:04 AM

Oct 2017
This year I came to the realization that... I was one years ago. When I was around 14 years old I'd go around school hiding and twitching my hand, and even. Even the doing the cliched bandaging your hand. Because I felt I had the "power" inside it and all. Unironically.

Weird thing is: I didn't know what a chuuni was at the time, or had even seen any anime with a chuuni character. No, wait. I think the bandaging thing came from Mirai from KnK? Egh.

Anyway, no shame if you were like this as a kid. But wondering if more people had something similar.
Nov 8, 2021 7:22 AM

Aug 2021
I probably did a lot of embarrassing things that I could count chuunibyou. I know I did, but I couldn't remember what they were, unfortunately.
Nov 8, 2021 7:27 AM

Aug 2020
hmm, i don't think i ever have been chuunibyou. i don't remember acting like that at all.

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Nov 8, 2021 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
I was an emo girl and called myself "Bloody Mary" on social media.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Nov 8, 2021 8:26 AM

May 2020
i feel like i was a chuuni in elementary school, but i've forgotten a lot of shit from back then so i can't say exactly for sure. i do remember being very airheaded and in my imagination a lot. i can't pinpoint it to one specific thing though.

i know i definitely got pretty cringe after being introduced to the internet though. roleplay and sonic/mlp were coming up then so i was definitely negatively influenced by that. not for sure if it displayed itself in chuuni-like behaviors though. i also picked up words from anime i liked and i would say them a lot in place of english which makes me feel secondhand embarrassment rn thinking about it but that's about as much chuuni-like stuff that i can remember atm.
Nov 8, 2021 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
No never had/done/thought like that as I had to check what exactly chuuni means x)
Nov 8, 2021 9:50 AM

Nov 2020
No I never had that phase. It's cringe. And if I ever remember if I had a phase like that I would travel back in time and "squish" my past self's neck.
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Nov 8, 2021 9:56 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Never really was a chunibyo but I have always been weird
Nov 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
Never watched the show. Barely familiar with the character. I'm just here because I misread again and thought this was a thread about Chubbyemu:

...Presenting to the Emergency Room...

Nov 8, 2021 11:57 AM

Nov 2019
I have never had that phase and hopefully never will. But who knows, seasonal anime can drive you insane so there is a possibility.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Nov 8, 2021 2:33 PM
Dec 2017
Why larp as a chunni when everyone else is one?

Nov 8, 2021 8:00 PM

Jan 2019
When I was a kid, I used to think I had a "superhuman mode" where I'd get faster, stronger and more precise. I eventually realized I was just holding back in the "normal mode" and fooling myself with cheap tricks to do better in the "super mode".

For instance, when I was in "super speed" mode I would blink a lot, so that the image gaps between each time I opened my eyes made it seem like I was closing the distance faster. Or I would purposefully choose lighter stuff to lift when in the "normal mode" or I would pretend it was harder to do it and then pick "heavier" stuff in the strength mode etc.

There was also a time when a cousin tried to test if I was the real deal and we had several challenges (like racing, arm wrestling, dodging rocks etc.) where I actually convinced him (another kid) that I did better in the super mode. But turns out the huge effort I had to put in just to slightly improve my performance was enough for my brain to stop accepting all the bullshit and my cousin ended up debunking me even though he didn't know, because I stopped doing that stuff after that.
Nov 8, 2021 8:40 PM

Jan 2020
No. Maybe a few cringe moments here and there it was never a phase or anything

Dec 12, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2021
yes!! current chuuni here:3
i have/still often roleplayed scenarios where i was magical of some sorts. example, i'd make up fake cults where i was the goddess/leader, and i'd get my classmates to sign some contract. i'd even had an enemy for that cult, who i am kinda with now.. i currently pretend that i'm a magical girl, and have made up a magical girl squad with people whom i know.
i bet that i'll look back on these days as "cringe" and "weird", but for now, i'm having loads of fun!! :DD
𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰
Dec 13, 2021 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
miruhii said:
yes!! current chuuni here:3
i have/still often roleplayed scenarios where i was magical of some sorts. example, i'd make up fake cults where i was the goddess/leader, and i'd get my classmates to sign some contract. i'd even had an enemy for that cult, who i am kinda with now.. i currently pretend that i'm a magical girl, and have made up a magical girl squad with people whom i know.
i bet that i'll look back on these days as "cringe" and "weird", but for now, i'm having loads of fun!! :DD

ngl that does sound like a lot of fun, especially since you've got friends who join you on it!! enjoying things like this is way more important than it being considered "cringe" by others
Dec 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2021
I only wanted some anime cloaks once
And thats it

Never been a chuunibyou tho 👀
Dec 13, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2021
Ortail said:
I probably did a lot of embarrassing things that I could count chuunibyou. I know I did, but I couldn't remember what they were, unfortunately.

So you were a sigma as a child, very admirable.
Good imagination is rare these days.

Dec 13, 2021 8:58 AM

Oct 2015
Yep, me and friends who watch anime from television back then during early age of middle school mimicking some anime character that shoots laser from their eyes, naruto jutsus, etc.

Funnest part I remember was when we try taking photos of our hands in an angle as if we're holding the sun to prepare some fire beams. Good memories.

I still like those kinda action stuff now, though obviously I don't mimick their moves anymore.
Dec 13, 2021 9:38 AM

Dec 2018
I had a massive chunni faze back in grades 5 and 6. So roughly when I was 11 years old. Although I wasn’t alone as my mates at the time were also in a chunni faze. We’d just larp pretending to be spies and shit, it was all in continuity as well.
Dec 13, 2021 7:06 PM

Nov 2018
I had to google what this meant. I think having those kind of fantasies and delusions are just a part of being a kid! It's not cringe or anything, kids are just kids. Teenagers count in that too. I was definitely cringe as a kid though xD my friends and I used to LARP all the time.

🌟 current favorite song
💖 cute gift for u

you REALLY want to click my dragons...

More topics from this board

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

25 by Jozuwa-_- »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

48 by cyandaqil »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

46 by scarydragon »»
20 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.