Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2021 1:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Liella just fell short, that's a bittersweet way to end things off.

As a whole, I think I enjoyed the Nijigasaki route more but some of the character interactions was fine here so I'll settle with a solid 6/10.

Wouldn't mind a 2nd season of this. Given the popularity of the franchise, I'm almost certain it's just a matter of time but let's see...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 22, 2021 12:17 PM

Sep 2016
I was quite shocked that despite all the hardwork and effort that Liella! put on, they couldn't even compete the likes of Sunny Passion. Even if Liella! is at second place.

I wasn't expecting for season 1 ending in a frustrating note. And with them taking the desire to win Love Live, it seems to me that they will do everything they can to win it. It's an absolutely great episode and a good place to leave the story as it is, for now

I'm excited to watch season 2 just to see what direction Sunrise is going with in the future. For now, i'll just say that Love Live Superstar!! is my second favourite installment in the Love Live series. It's right up there with the original series.
"Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock and roll" -Bob Seger in 1978.
Oct 22, 2021 5:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We’re finally here, after an entire season and a 3 week delay we’re at the end of Love Live Superstar, which is my 2nd Love Live anime. This final episode was great as always, it was very nice to see the school help out Liella for their concert, the stage looked amazing and I loved the christmas vibe, despite the fact it’s October. The song and performance were both fantastic as well, loved the outfits too, which I generally always love with this series. Lastly, I was a little surprised and kinda bummed just like the girls, but I’m also kinda glad they didn’t win, it makes sense that they wouldn’t giving how they’re still brand new to the scene, and shooting straight to the top would give them less to strive for. I’m happy with this ending, tho I hope to see a season 2 where they do win lol.

And with that, that’s the end of Love Live Superstar, I honestly think I liked this slightly more than Nijigasaki, mainly because of the smaller cast which allowed for more focus on each character. As for my best girl of this group, it’s definitely Sumire, with Ren being a very close 2nd, but the whole cast was fantastic. I’ll definitely miss this one, and I’ll be patiently awaiting the next Love Live anime that comes around. And that’s an official goodbye to Summer Anime 2021 for me.
Oct 24, 2021 6:04 AM
Aug 2016
Keke is she back to china?
Oct 24, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2019
waiting for Keke spin-off "Love Live! Superidol!!"
Oct 24, 2021 7:01 PM
Apr 2018
Oof, kinda expected for Liella to not win: the series is new, they'll have more chances in the future. I didn't quite like the song tbh, but that's it.

I enjoyed Superstar a lot during its early episodes, but my excitement, like, fell towards the end. Still good. I hope the series moves forward following the girls' lives now that the sequel has been announced. 7/10
Oct 25, 2021 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
i have to say VA Sayuri Date is really good at singing...of course Liyuu is also great! not sure for the other three girls...
it was a great Liella performance but came in as 2nd of course they cannot win against Sunny Passion... gonna stick to this if they gonna have S2...
next-up is Nijigasaki S2!!
5/5.
8/10.
matias067Oct 25, 2021 4:36 PM

Oct 27, 2021 11:53 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly, Superstar has to be the best written story of all the previous Love Live! animes. Of course it has it's flaws but the first seasons of all the Love Live! animes are usually only decent but this first season was actually pretty good. Very interested to see how the second season compares to everything. The characters are fantastically written and will only further be expanded on next season. Would like to see what others think because I rate this as good as the second season of Sunshine and the second season of School Idol Project.
Oct 29, 2021 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
Weeaboo_Desu said:

Is this a motherf***ing Strawberry Panic Reference?

did not know that, thanks for the info.

Ren would be shocked if she saw things happening in that school. lol
Nov 29, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
kek they lost lel.
Jan 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Mar 2017
Honestly surprised at how much I liked this. If Nijigasaki was a breath of fresh air for the Love Live franchise, Liella is a reminder of what made it special. I really liked how they took elements from the original series without making it blatantly obvious or saturated like how Sunshine did.

The final song was good, but it just felt so disconnecting knowing the references/ inspiration from Snow Halation as that song was just too iconic. Overall, the best songs from this season were either Kanon's solos or KuuKa's performance. Chisato's singing voice was a dark horse.

Now we wait for Nijigasaki S2...
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 12, 2022 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
I tried hearing songs from Sunny Passion to find about how good they are lol they sucked it's just morally unfair if the starlight prologue quintet lost to them. it's the only bad thing from this series everything else are incredible.
Mar 19, 2022 5:34 AM

Aug 2017
Enjoyed the show tremendously. Maybe liked it even more than original Love Live and Mus. Snow Halation was better than this song though.

10/10. A fine show.
Apr 5, 2022 8:18 AM
Oct 2021
I really wanted to give this a higher score, the first half was actually really good but kind of fell flat in some parts of the second half. Kanon might be the best MC of the series but I found the dynamic between characters a little lacking and far less fun than Sunshine or the original, perhaps that's due to there being less members and less personalities on screen. 7/10 for me.
DreystahApr 5, 2022 8:34 AM
Apr 28, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
Dreystah said:
perhaps that's due to there being less members and less personalities on screen.

Woah, you come from future? You get your wish,
Jul 10, 2022 9:11 AM

Apr 2011
I had a feeling they'll won't win or receive 2nd place or lower. At least the girls tried their best to win. The stage somehow reminds me of snow halation.

It was a fun show. I love the characters as they're so bubbly. Rin is hateable at first but warm up afterwards. The girls are likeable but I still think Kanon is the best girl for me.

I honestly really enjoyed this more than Niji. There's less drama and more comedy
I dunno if I'll watch the 2nd season of that, but for sure S2 of Superstars is on my watchlist.
Jul 26, 2022 6:14 AM
Apr 2022
Nice show!

As they say, 2nd place is first loser.
Wish they dial back on that messaging though.

Its still a big deal to get second place though. Will still look awesome on your CV. Recall even in Western Idol reality TV shows, even 2nd, third and occasionally unplaced finishes can still land record deals.

Aug 23, 2022 5:03 PM
Aug 2022

,adPPYba, 88 ,d8
a8" "8a 88 ,a8"
8b d8 8888[
"8a, ,a8" 88`"Yba,
`"YbbdP"' 88 `Y8a

Oct 11, 2022 6:59 AM
Apr 2022
What is the point of this episode? You spent the whole final episode encouraging Kanon to study abroad, and then you said you can't study abroad by accident?
Nov 5, 2022 12:24 PM
Jul 2022
Can't wait for new season
Jan 7, 2023 8:04 PM
Jan 2023
kinda unenjoyable
Aug 6, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2020
I'm not really a fan of idol anime, my friend who likes this stuff forced me to watch it together on discord lmao. Though I gotta say, it actually wasn't that bad, I liked it! The only type of love live content that I've watched before was the original one, (I think it's the original love live? Not sure) the one with the Nico Nico Nii girl, and I think compared to that one, I liked this one better. Though I really didn't like the ending to this first season, felt anticlimactic. It makes sense for them to not win love live at the first season ofc, which is fine, but it's not very convincing as to why they wouldn't win against Sunny Passion. What's so good about them exactly? They didn't really show ANYTHING about them. Like maybe show us one performance of them to show why they're the better group or something. These "rivals" just feel so irrelevant to the story imo. Other than that though, I really liked the characters in the actual group, Liella. (Especially Tang Keke, loved her energy lol)

I would've actually given an 8/10 if they delved into Sunny Passion as a group more, but for now I'm giving it a 7/10. It's overall surprisingly enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
Considering how similar this is to the original LL, getting a Snow Halation 2.0 is a dream come true. In particular, it really moved me seeing all of the students illuminating a path to the stars, each with their own light & warmth in hand. When Liella lost, my first thought went to Keke and it really hurt. I knew going onto win LL in one season would be too good to be true. I only wish we could see SunPa's performances as I can only imagine what could possibly top Yuigaoka's dream team.

The main theme of Superstar seems to be about connections which is very fitting for how it manages to bring together elements of Muse, Aqours & Nijigasaki together. It feels very endearingly familiar while bringing its own fresh step in the franchise. I especially like how Liella was limited to five members for this season. Whether more join later or it stays as this lovable quintet, there was enough time to give each member a chance at center stage (in Sumire's case, quite literally!). I think it helped to make them more memorable early on, which means there's more time in the next season to connect to that and add on.

8.5/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.