Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2021 7:39 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly I was quite surprised when whoever I came across had marineford as their #1 arc in one piece honestly I think it was quite lame
Sep 25, 2021 8:38 PM
Jan 2018
This arc is the culmination of part 1 of One Piece and the final setup for part 2. It's the arc where Luffy definitively takes a separate path from Gecko Moria by not giving in to despair when faced with his greatest failure. Its also the most real despair Luffy has ever gone through. Its the great sea change of One Piece. In a story all about the greater world, no other arc has changed things up this much. Though Wano is getting pretty close if you read the manga.

Water 7/Enies Lobby and Skypea are tied for my two favorite arcs but Wano might end up in the number 2 spot when all is said and done. I do believe One Piece fans overrate Marineford. It is "fanservice" the arc, so its not really surprising. As far as you not being a fan of Ace's death, he was sacrificed for the plot and Luffy's progression. Its not something I loved, but I trust in the direction Oda is taking the story.

Ace means a lot to most One Piece fans. He was in the top 10 of the popularity poll before and after his death. He's probably gonna make the top 10 in the next one too. When someone that popular dies, it makes a splash. Plus a lot of us really believed Luffy was gonna pull another win.

And of course, you have all these characters and drama unfolding in one place. If you cared about a strong character in One Piece, they probably got represented. Most of of them did really well too.

But in the end, I think its fine not to put Marineford on a pedestal. You can believe whatever you want. But you probably should consider presenting to everyone else the arc you think is the best in the series. And then prepare your self for fans to tell you its not that great. Regardless of how special that arc actually is.
Sep 25, 2021 8:46 PM

Feb 2020
there is a lot of built up and set up oda did for ace after that arc. its kind of reverse situation, but still justifiable enough for that to happen at that point
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 25, 2021 8:57 PM
Feb 2021
MFDOOMED said:
This arc is the culmination of part 1 of One Piece and the final setup for part 2. It's the arc where Luffy definitively takes a separate path from Gecko Moria by not giving in to despair when faced with his greatest failure. Its also the most real despair Luffy has ever gone through. Its the great sea change of One Piece. In a story all about the greater world, no other arc has changed things up this much. Though Wano is getting pretty close if you read the manga.

Water 7/Enies Lobby and Skypea are tied for my two favorite arcs but Wano might end up in the number 2 spot when all is said and done. I do believe One Piece fans overrate Marineford. It is "fanservice" the arc, so its not really surprising. As far as you not being a fan of Ace's death, he was sacrificed for the plot and Luffy's progression. Its not something I loved, but I trust in the direction Oda is taking the story.

Ace means a lot to most One Piece fans. He was in the top 10 of the popularity poll before and after his death. He's probably gonna make the top 10 in the next one too. When someone that popular dies, it makes a splash. Plus a lot of us really believed Luffy was gonna pull another win.

And of course, you have all these characters and drama unfolding in one place. If you cared about a strong character in One Piece, they probably got represented. Most of of them did really well too.

But in the end, I think its fine not to put Marineford on a pedestal. You can believe whatever you want. But you probably should consider presenting to everyone else the arc you think is the best in the series. And then prepare your self for fans to tell you its not that great. Regardless of how special that arc actually is.
honestly I think alabasta was the peak of one piece the only times any arc was close to it was enies lobbies, arlong park or thriller bark but tbh I expected a lot of of marineford I guess I thought it was gonna be as good as one of my favorite shounen arcs but it was a massive disappointment
Sep 26, 2021 12:42 AM

Aug 2017
Ace dying makes sense if you know the character but i agree it was annoying. A lot of people died for him and this idiot just got himself killed. I still think that arc is 8/10 but that part could be better, c'mon.

Anyways, it isn't even close to being terrible as almost every death after the timesekip. Ace's dead was probably the last well written death in One Piece.
NurguburuSep 26, 2021 12:47 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 26, 2021 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
Ace dying makes sense if you know the character but i agree it was annoying. A lot of people died for him and this idiot just got himself killed. I still think that arc is 8/10 but that part could be better, c'mon.

Anyways, it isn't even close to being terrible as almost every death after the timesekip. Ace's dead was probably the last well written death in One Piece.

You haven't watched/read wano arc yet, so spoilers ahead but pedro death was really good.
Sep 27, 2021 4:52 AM

Jul 2020
Bruh did you even read the part when the whitebeard pirates made their appearance. Fuckin chills.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2021 5:39 PM
Jan 2018
Draconic137 said:
MFDOOMED said:

honestly I think alabasta was the peak of one piece the only times any arc was close to it was enies lobbies, arlong park or thriller bark but tbh I expected a lot of of marineford I guess I thought it was gonna be as good as one of my favorite shounen arcs but it was a massive disappointment

I respect your opinion. Alabasta wasn't my favorite arc, but I watched the 4kids dub version and wasn't going to go back to rewatch it again. It was Oda at a different time telling different stories in different ways. Enies Lobby/Water 7 combines real sorrow with amazing fights and world building that was mentioned in the latest chapter released. Plus the advent of the "gear" moves. And Skypeia is what I believe Oda really wanted from his story. A grand adventure with all the fixings. Sadly, a lot of people didn't like that tone, so the editor made Oda switch it up. Oda brought it back for most of the proper Oden flash back and it felt just as great as always.

If your invested in the story, keep reading the manga because the world only gets more interesting and dangerous. But you might want read chapters first because after marineford, the anime starts adapting less chapters which really messes up the pace of the anime. You could do what I do.

Read the manga so you know what's going on in the story. Pick a part in the story then wait for the episodes to catch up. Then binge the episodes like you would any another anime. Irritatingly short episodes are much easier to handle when you have the next episode waiting for you when you are done with this one.
MFDOOMEDOct 17, 2021 5:42 PM
Oct 18, 2021 1:47 AM
Jul 2020
Draconic137 said:
Honestly I was quite surprised when whoever I came across had marineford as their #1 arc in one piece honestly I think it was quite lame

Have you read the manga?The anime version is averagish adapted but still brilliant ,you can read manga coloured version its just brilliant.
Top 5 anime arcs:
Water7 Albasta Marineford EnnisLoby ArlongPark
Oct 18, 2021 12:48 PM
Oct 2021
Time to start a war my top favorite arcs
#1 wano
#2 marineford
#3 dressrosa
#4 Enies lobby and water 7
#5 whole cake island
Oct 22, 2021 12:20 AM

Apr 2020
one piece in general was a mediocre experience, considering how many asspulls it has.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

37 by xDeusEJRx »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.