Sep 26, 2021 3:29 AM
Sep 2021
Fernando10095 said:
Demon slayer was already bad. This just makes it worse
bruh, why r u on the forum then
Sep 26, 2021 3:38 AM
Sep 2021
gasman66 said:
1. They’re doing the movie recap for those who didn’t watch it.
2. What do you mean, filler episodes?
3. Entertainment District is scheduled for two cours, it’ll run through March.

Uhh.. they didn't specify if Entertainment District will be two cours. The first cour is supposed to be Mugen Train arc then the second cour will be the Entertainment District Arc.

Entertainment District arc is too short for it to run from December all the way to March.
Sep 26, 2021 4:27 AM
Jan 2020
I just hope they are redoing original saber route. 24-7 is just 17. Movie came out about a year ago and 17ep is really less content. They haven't announced anything else other than few tsukihime openings according to mal(correct me if I'm wrong). Its highly likely they are working in sth type moon related. For me it's an absolute win lol.

Edit : I just realised s2 will start later in the December and will have 2 cours, the movie is getting turned into extra 7 eps??? Which is it? God the thread is so confusing. Looks like I was happy for no reason šŸ™ƒ
EverNightSep 26, 2021 4:35 AM
Sep 26, 2021 5:04 AM
May 2020
ImperiusFate said:
gasman66 said:

Uhh.. they didn't specify if Entertainment District will be two cours. The first cour is supposed to be Mugen Train arc then the second cour will be the Entertainment District Arc.

Entertainment District arc is too short for it to run from December all the way to March.

2 cour series are usually 24-26 episode seasons. So even if they recap Mugen Train arc with 7 episodes, they'll prolly adapt abt 15-16 episodes of Entertainment District and one episode from the Blacksmith Village arc or something.
Sep 26, 2021 5:14 AM

May 2009
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
The 7 episodes will be "special" recap episodes; they will be aired separately. S2 will start airing on December.

nakedapronmember said:
Shengud said:
I know that it's canon, I'm just asking why they'd make the movie if they were just going to recap the events at the beginning of Season 2.
There will be a recap, but it won't be included as part of S2. Instead, Demon Slayer S2 will air on December this year.

Shengud said:
nakedapronmember said:
There will be a recap, but it won't be included as part of S2. Instead, Demon Slayer S2 will air on December this year.
Thanks for clarifying!

NO. This isn't recap. Recap is condensed summary of usually few or more episodes, often with voice over. This is just tv broadcast of the movie as episodes.
Sep 26, 2021 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
bastek66 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
The 7 episodes will be "special" recap episodes; they will be aired separately. S2 will start airing on December.

nakedapronmember said:

Shengud said:
Thanks for clarifying!

NO. This isn't recap. Recap is condensed summary of usually few or more episodes, often with voice over. This is just tv broadcast of the movie as episodes.
Now that you mention it, you're right. Thanks for correcting.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Sep 26, 2021 5:41 AM

Jan 2020
bastek66 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

nakedapronmember said:

Shengud said:
Thanks for clarifying!

That's what I meant.
Sep 26, 2021 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
Lmao it's called "Milking the Cow, till it's dry" as they know peeps are dumb enough to buy into anything related to kny so why not just recap the whole movie with some its and bits but tbh it might be better as rengoku's part after his death was not covered and since there is long wait after the movie so they might show it in these 7 episodes but if they make it just the recap with few extra anime original BS then good lord i hope the future season of KNY don't do this.
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Sep 26, 2021 7:00 AM
Jan 2021
ImperiusFate said:
gasman66 said:

They said that the second season(Entertainment District) would run through Fall and Winter. The first seven episodes are going to be a TV edit of the movie, so those don’t really count as part of the season. They also don’t have to adapt just ED in this season
Sep 26, 2021 7:03 AM

May 2009
MazinIndian said:
Lmao it's called "Milking the Cow, till it's dry" as they know peeps are dumb enough to buy into anything related to kny so why not just recap the whole movie with some its and bits but tbh it might be better as rengoku's part after his death was not covered and since there is long wait after the movie so they might show it in these 7 episodes but if they make it just the recap with few extra anime original BS then good lord i hope the future season of KNY don't do this.

Considering manga is over they can't extend milking that much.
ImperiusFate said:

6 episodes that Mugen Train will take is half of cour not full cour.
Sep 26, 2021 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
Marblewall said:
Fernando10095 said:
Demon slayer was already bad. This just makes it worse

I had some hope that demon slayer might get better
Sep 26, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
MazinIndian said:

ImperiusFate said:

Dude you have no idea how much they can actually milk it, manga is over but anime is not and they can legit do this will all the movies that will come in future and considering the popularity it will happen.

Or spin-offs as they are literally just extra cash for them if they create one.
Sep 26, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2009
MazinIndian said:
bastek66 said:

Dude you have no idea how much they can actually milk it, manga is over but anime is not and they can legit do this will all the movies that will come in future and considering the popularity it will happen.

I don't care, story is done so no spin-off can ruin it.
Sep 26, 2021 12:16 PM

Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
MazinIndian said:

I don't care, story is done so no spin-off can ruin it.

Lmao when did i say anything about ruining it, i said they will milk it like it happens with all other franchises. Spin-offs sometimes do well and sometimes they don't, it's just a way to produce extra cash.
No one talked about ruining it.
Sep 26, 2021 1:25 PM
Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

nakedapronmember said:

Shengud said:
Thanks for clarifying!

It is still a recap with additional scenes.

Technically there will be 2 animes. One consists of 7 eps which is the first anime. The second starts in December which is 12-16 episodes. Each anime will have a different opening/ending.

They even shared the posters of both shows.
Sep 26, 2021 1:33 PM

May 2009
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Are you incapable of understanding what's recap? Recap would be if whole movie would be condensed to slideshow with voice over as ~25 minutes episode. This is broadcast of movie in parts. No shortening.
Sep 26, 2021 1:36 PM
Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Are you incapable of understanding what's recap? Recap would be if whole movie would be condensed to slideshow with voice over as ~25 minutes episode. This is broadcast of movie in parts. No shortening.

It doesn’t have to be movies. Some studios make 2-3 movies to recap stuff with additional scenes similar to haikyuu and made in abyss. The only difference is that instead of making 2 movies they are airing 7 episodes. I think you are the one who doesn’t understand the recap. Go watch Made in Abyss movies and compare them to the anime.
Sep 26, 2021 3:10 PM
May 2019

Shengud said:
bastek66 said:

Because it's canon of the story not filler like nardo or hero academia movies.

Mugen Train become biggest anime movie and top1 or 2 international box office success of 2020. How is that waste?
I know that it's canon, I'm just asking why they'd make the movie if they were just going to recap the events at the beginning of Season 2.

why they make movie?
- to measure how DS popularity .so they will decide to continueor drop it
- to recharge their budget. they deserve it
- as fans/anime watcher we should be grateful because we got high movie quality for important arc. even anime ver was already good but it wont as good like the movie

i hope ds final arc will be adapted in movie format.so they can go all out on it

Sep 26, 2021 3:13 PM

Jan 2020
Hiro4ka11 said:

Shengud said:

why they make movie?
- to measure how DS popularity .so they will decide to continue it or drop it
- as fans/anime watcher we should be grateful because we got high movie quality for important arc. even anime ver was already good but it wont as good like the movie

I've heard now that they're just making the movie into a separate anime series. Easy way to make more money I guess. I am looking forward to that anime original episode though!
Sep 26, 2021 3:18 PM
May 2019
zakariae- said:
The first 7 episodes will replay the events of the movie,
There will be filler episodes for Flame Hashira Rengoku,
The second season will be aired on December 5 with a few episodes.
So, what's the benefit of all this?
it's really something disappointing...

and yeah of course DS also have toxic fanbase.
and it will become like aot fandom when they figure out "why season 2 is not as good as Mugen train movie?"

lmao aot fans says anime ruined just becase wearing jacket scene.and Ds fan is Disappointed just because the studio re-adapt the Movie as tv ver before actual s2 release date
Sep 26, 2021 5:01 PM
Aug 2020
I'm looking forward to the second season. I never watched the movie but I expected them to retell the it and capitalize on Demon Slayer's popularity so I'm not really bothered knowing that ended up being the case. If it's adapted as well as season 1 was and they delve more on the emotional moments than the movie would have had the time to than it should still be a fun watch even if it's just bidding time until the post-movie arcs.
Sep 26, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2020
Golen said:
I'm looking forward to the second season. I never watched the movie but I expected them to retell the it and capitalize on Demon Slayer's popularity so I'm not really bothered knowing that ended up being the case. If it's adapted as well as season 1 was and they delve more on the emotional moments than the movie would have had the time to than it should still be a fun watch even if it's just bidding time until the post-movie arcs.
Even so, it's worth watching the movie now. I doubt the new scenes will make it all that better than the movie.
Sep 26, 2021 7:32 PM
Jun 2013
People cry too much to be honest, 1 of the 7 episodes will be entirely new and the rest will have added content, and that's it, it will not hurt S2 at all, i didn't watch the movie yet and a lot of other people didn't do too, so i will just enjoy the movie in TV format with extra content.

LordSozin said:
ThousandCuts said:
What if I told you...

That you don't have to watch those 7 eps?
That you can watch literally anything else?
That you can consult your PTW list?
Play some games.
Read a book.

and simply let the show play out and run its course.

Jesus Christ, this is approaching 'Endless Eight' Haruhi levels of impatience.

Well, it still doesn't dismiss the fact that there'll be 7 to 8 episodes of filler.

Are you sure you know what filler means? because calling the Mugen Train episodes "filler" its dumb af, it doesn't matter if the episodes are taken from the movie, the movie is CANON, a arc from the manga and a important part of the whole series storyline, you can't watch S2 without the Mugen Train content.
Shinuki_n_RebornSep 26, 2021 7:48 PM
Sep 27, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2019
This is great wtf, probably gonna get like 16/17 eps worth of new content. I'm fine with that.
Sep 27, 2021 9:17 AM
Jan 2020
_REDOX_ said:
What's the problem in that? The Entertainment District Arc is coming around the time it was estimated to come after being denied that it won't be coming in October. Its for those who didn't watch the movie. Most popular anime which have been around for more than 2yrs also have a recap series so what's wrong in that? Plus there'll be a completely new episode which will cover rest of Mugen Train Arc. Where is it told there will be filler episodes? Its making the Mugen Train Movie in to a series, its like converting a GIF to a Mp4.

"It's for those who didn't watch the movie."

Why didn't they watch the movie?
Sep 27, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2017
Wait whatt

Like the first 7 episodes of the season will be about the movie?
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Sep 27, 2021 9:22 AM

Aug 2020
mi30Xx said:
_REDOX_ said:
What's the problem in that? The Entertainment District Arc is coming around the time it was estimated to come after being denied that it won't be coming in October. Its for those who didn't watch the movie. Most popular anime which have been around for more than 2yrs also have a recap series so what's wrong in that? Plus there'll be a completely new episode which will cover rest of Mugen Train Arc. Where is it told there will be filler episodes? Its making the Mugen Train Movie in to a series, its like converting a GIF to a Mp4.

ppl rather watch the series rather than a movie coz ppl got other work too coz of which they don't get 2hrs to sit and watch an entire movie. I had seen a poll on r/Anime a few days back saying "Whether You Prefer Series Or Movie" in the comment section most ppl gave this same reason why they don't watch movies. You can easily watch 1 episode daily in your 30min or your 20min break but I doubt anyone gets a frikin 2hrs break between their work.

Sep 27, 2021 9:24 AM

Aug 2020
_REDOX_ said:
mi30Xx said:

ppl rather watch the series rather than a movie coz ppl got other work too coz of which they don't get 2hrs to sit and watch an entire movie. I had seen a poll on r/Anime a few days back saying "Whether You Prefer Series Or Movie" in the comment section most ppl gave this same reason why they don't watch movies. You can easily watch 1 episode daily in your 30min or your 20min break but I doubt anyone gets a frikin 2hrs break between their work.
I am not even talking from a third person perspective even I was in the same situation for a good 2 months, until recently when my work finally got less

Sep 27, 2021 9:25 AM

Jan 2021
It’s just a recap. It’s to help people understand on those who didn’t watch it.
Also they will be aired separately.
Sep 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Feb 2021
you can literally watch the movie oline thats so stupid and pointless
Sep 27, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
_REDOX_ said:
mi30Xx said:

they could separate it and watch it the same way you would watcha see
Sep 27, 2021 11:54 AM

Feb 2020
The juxtaposition between those calling it "filler" and "useless", and those that are happy that Ufotable is adding more content and treating KnY really well is hilarious.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Sep 27, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
This is misleading asf, it's gonna be aired separately you doughnut.
Sep 27, 2021 4:06 PM
May 2019
Shengud said:
Hiro4ka11 said:

why they make movie?
- to measure how DS popularity .so they will decide to continue it or drop it

I've heard now that they're just making the movie into a separate anime series. Easy way to make more money I guess. I am looking forward to that anime original episode though!

yeah they cut the movie into 7 episode with one fully new episode and new 70 cuts. that's pretty huge change
Sep 27, 2021 6:16 PM

Jan 2018
Because money, it's like gta, why make new game when people still buy shark cards.
Sep 27, 2021 7:08 PM

Nov 2020
Underated00 said:
I just got my account back so imma be a PG-13 as possible thats dumb that they're making the first few episodes just recaps on the movie that s*cks frfr

It's not that dumb when you think about how anime is marketed in Japan. A lot of people who only watch it casually maybe haven't heard about it and or haven't gone to the movie theaters to watch it. It like having a recap of endgame be the first 2 eps of the falcon and the winter soldier. It's also just a cheap marketing ploy to get more money as well lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2019
Quick question. Has this ever happened before? I never heard of an anime redoing a movie for the TV series. Maybe Unlimited Blade Works counts since it was movie before it was a TV series, but that was by a different studio than the movie. This seems weird because I feel like reairing the movie will just kill the hype like the Endless Eight killed the Haruhi hype. It doesn't sound like a good move on their part.
Also, where are you getting this info for the show? This seems to be awfully specific.
Edit: nevermind, I found the article: https://myanimelist.net/news/64492932 . I guess it makes sense that they are airing the movie TV edit BEFORE the winter season. I do wonder if this would harm the hype though. People might see the TV edit and think that they are being ripped off. This still may be a bad move even if the 2nd season isn't being "delayed" because of the movie TV edit. Also, I don't really understand the TV edit. The original movie already airs on TV according to the article.
Edit 2: I just remembered that Zoku Owarimonogatari had a TV edit with 6 episodes, but that wasn't right before another season (unfortunately). But I don't know why people are saying that ufotable is struggling with production. Unless the original air date of season 2 was in October 10, there's no reason to believe that ufotable "needs more time". Season 2 is airing on December 5, a rather normal time.
fluffycow17Sep 27, 2021 8:41 PM
Sep 27, 2021 9:57 PM

Jan 2020
Mansibuddin101 said:
I wonder why was a movie made if they were gonna make it a series anyways? Waste of budget imo.
it's not waste of budget lol it makes more money than all combined shows of this fall so they know there shit and distribution of there budget
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2021 11:50 PM
Jun 2020
Ep1 - Original Content
Ep2-7 - movie redone with new scenes
Ep8 - start of the disrict arc with 1-HOUR long episode.
Sep 28, 2021 12:28 AM

Oct 2020
Yooo studios making money off of popular franchises? smh can't have shit in Detroit
Sep 28, 2021 1:16 AM
Jun 2021
Are we in the dragon ball z era or something?

I mean dbz didn't even do this,it's stupid.
Sep 28, 2021 4:55 AM

May 2009
Anime_Freak01022 said:
Are we in the dragon ball z era or something?

I mean dbz didn't even do this,it's stupid.

DBShit did it in Super. But unlike this Mugen train arc is adaptation of manga, not filler.
Sep 28, 2021 5:22 AM
Mar 2021
There are still many people who don't watch movies for reasons such as lack of time or fear of COVID.
Having to know that Demon slayer is now very popular and not only popular amongst the Aniplex group, so decided to make an episode of the movie for those who haven't seen it and who have already watched it, there will be a special episode. come to see instead
Thinking of Aniplex UFO table
made the right decision
Sep 28, 2021 7:26 AM
Sep 2021
Fernando10095 said:
Marblewall said:

You are a clown,using a Fate pfp and hating on KNY
Sep 28, 2021 7:33 AM
Sep 2021
kingofgame39 said:
Rimzyy said:

Does it look as good as Demon Slayer? Definitely not season 5 that’s for sure
man, sakuga in My Hero Academia is better than Demon Slayer. At least first 3 seasons.
Not really,Mob Psycho is also made by bones and crushes MHA animation.Kny is better animated than MHA in general.
Sep 28, 2021 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
leosp2030 said:
Fernando10095 said:

You realize just because they are animated by the same studio doesnt mean they are the same. That's like saying if I have a vinland saga profile pic I cant hate on aot just because wit studio animated it. Plus Fate doesnt have 7 fucken eps of recaps. Demon slayer is literally doing what dragon ball super did and that was fucken retarded.
Perfect_usernameSep 28, 2021 9:02 AM
Sep 28, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2021
Fernando10095 said:
leosp2030 said:

You realize just because they are animated by the same studio doesnt mean they are the same. That's like saying if I have a vinland saga profile pic I cant hate on aot just because wit studio animated it. Plus Fate doesnt have 7 fucken eps of recaps. Demon slayer is literally doing what dragon ball super did and that was fucken retarded.
You are just a troll,i bet you are not even a Fate fan,you just want to use fate to hate on KNY
Sep 28, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
leosp2030 said:
Fernando10095 said:

You are just a troll,i bet you are not even a Fate fan,you just want to use fate to hate on KNY

??? Bruh what pls tell me you are trolling. Well your account was created not that long ago. But I been a fan of Fate way before demon slayer even came out crazy I know being a fan of anime before 2019.
Sep 28, 2021 11:32 AM
Sep 2021
Fernando10095 said:
leosp2030 said:

??? Bruh what pls tell me you are trolling. Well your account was created not that long ago. But I been a fan of Fate way before demon slayer even came out crazy I know being a fan of anime before 2019.
I watch anime since 2014,i just decided to create a MAL account now in 2021.I always see kny haters use fate to justify their hate towards kny
Sep 28, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
leosp2030 said:
Fernando10095 said:

I watch anime since 2014,i just decided to create a MAL account now in 2021.I always see kny haters use fate to justify their hate towards kny

But I never once said demon slayer was bad because ufotable made Fate. But I will say demon slayer is bad because of it's boring characters and bad plot especially the bad characters.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.