Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2021 1:49 AM

Oct 2020
I want to play an anime related game. So...
What is the best "game adaptation" anime?
And what is the best "anime adaptation" game?

Sep 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Sep 2021
Fate series came to my mind first like fate/ grand order .
The most dangerous irony is, people are angry with others because of their own incompetence
Sep 17, 2021 3:44 AM

Jun 2016
Excluding visual novels because they are not video games in my opinion I'd say Advent Children is the best one.
As for video games based on anime, there aren't many standout titles. I enjoy the super robot wars series a lot but those games are pure fan service so you are not going to like them if you are not a fan of the series (plural). Games by Arc System Works are also great and have wider appeal (and tons of DLC so be prepared for that). Uta Macross is also ok I've been playing it for a year but it's even more niche than super robot wars.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 17, 2021 3:47 AM
May 2020
Every Persona game is Quality. But for anime? Naaah. But the game is the must buy.
Sep 17, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2020
My favourite game to anime is persona 3 movie's, which is my favourite game (along with botw)

ALSO CLANNAD. I FORGOT THAT'S A GAME.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Sep 17, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
DB Kakarot is really good if you like the DB series. It costs a lot of money though.

Sep 17, 2021 11:27 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
just play persona 5.

Or I recommend Sekiro, not an anime game but Japanese produced with historical japan as the setting. Its beautiful, technically complex but simple overall, challenging and has one of the best battle mechanics.
Its From Software btw, they did Dark souls

Or I recommend just playing Danganronpa if u want a visual novel with some gameplay elements. Although the story is the main selling point.

DBZ Budokai 3 is amazing. Especially for a DB fan.

relatively more underground-
Night in the woods feels like a western game based on Oddtaxi.
Akiba'strip celebrates the otaku culture
Catherine is also very anime-like
Play Utawarerumono. Its a Tactical RPG Visual novel. Great story, great mechanics, godly art. (Start with mask of deception)

also, School days VN is fully animated so if you make the right choices, you can enjoy a happy end. But that will be kind of boring if you aren't interested in the H-scene. That is its only selling point. On a second thought, don't play school days.
BerriesSanSep 17, 2021 11:31 AM

Sep 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Oct 2019
depends on whether or not you count visual novels as games or not, but assuming you don't...

The best anime from a game that I've seen, might just be the Pokemon anime.

The best game from an anime, in my opinion, would be SAO: Hollow Realization (the others are pretty good too), thou Dragon Ball Z games (Budokai 3, Tenkaichi 3, etc.) are a really close second.
Sep 17, 2021 11:48 AM

Oct 2020
Non Visual Novels:
-Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings
A pretty fun game to play. It's pretty much a hack & slash game with a quite enjoyable cutscenes in it. The anime adaptation is pretty good for a game adaptation imo.

-Granblue Fantasy The Animation
The anime adaptation of this game is just your generic fantasy adventure show, but the way they portrayed what the game's world look like in anime form is quite beautiful.
The game is a different thing tho. The game is just an enjoyable game. Worth a try.

-Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
This one... I'm pretty sure y'all know what and who Bayonetta is. The game is pretty much a classic. The anime adaptation tho? Didn't explains well what the story is all about pretty clearly. But if you want something action packed, this is a choice for you to watch.

-Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth
An anime adaptation of my all time favorite game, coming in a movie form. The anime here could confuse the anime-onlys a bit, since they didn't explains some aspect from the game, but it's a decent watch for dem anime-onlys... I think. The game is a masterpiece for me. Definitely worth a try.

Visual Novels:
-The Fruit of Grisaia
For quite a lot of people here said this anime adaptation felt lacking an uninteresting. But for me, it's almost perfect. The build-ups, the heroine' backstory, the suspense... it's all nicely done imo. Maybe it's because I watched the anime first lmao.
BUT, the VN is goddamn great. I won't say anything about it. Try it yourself.

-Rewrite
The VN here is actually a great read tbh. With a lot of routes to choose, likeable characters, and overall a nice read.
Different thing for the anime tho. The 1st season of the anime adaptation has a horrible pacing, mid visuals, and overall confusing to understand what it's all about. The 2nd season of the anime adapted the Terra route pretty decent tho.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Sep 17, 2021 8:41 PM

Feb 2021
Fate/Grand Order is the only one that comes to mind.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 17, 2021 10:31 PM

Dec 2020
For anime to game adaptation there's One Piece Pirate Warriors which is often said to be one of the best musou/warriors-styled game made by Koei (developer of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors).

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth are great JRPG especially if you like the Digimon franchise.

If you like SRPG (Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, etc.) and mecha then there's Super Robot Wars.

There's also some fighting game like Dragon Ball FighterZ and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax which is especially fun if you have someone else to play and get good with.

As for game to anime adaptation other than Steins;Gate there's ufotable adaptation of Fate/stay night.

Though if you're looking for a good non-VN game to anime adaptation there's Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike which is actually a prequel and not a direct adaptation of the game, and Persona 4 the Animation which is actually pretty average outside of some of it's funny moments and it's adaptation of the silent protagonist which gives the character an interesting personality, just avoid watching Persona 4 the Golden Animation since imo it's garbage even though the game are one of my favorite video game of all time.
HesweeSep 17, 2021 10:42 PM
Sep 17, 2021 11:01 PM

Oct 2020
Daxonzion- said:
Non Visual Novels:
-Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings
A pretty fun game to play. It's pretty much a hack & slash game with a quite enjoyable cutscenes in it. The anime adaptation is pretty good for a game adaptation imo.

I actually interested to watch Sengoku Basara because i've played the game first.

More topics from this board

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems?

NoelleIsSleepy - 31 minutes ago

10 by Entity72 »»
4 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

92 by AzafuseKingTora »»
11 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

232 by Kineta »»
12 minutes ago

» What's the most important feature in an anime for you?

new_Ango - 3 hours ago

13 by KenaiPhoenix »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime that desparately need a Remaster

ST63LTH - Apr 29

35 by phokingbeast »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.