Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Minato's dark side has shown its true colours, and Chinu knows it all too well to bring up that disheartenment.

From breaking his Senpai (Hiroshi Ichinose) with his and their new coach's presence out of his passion for water polo to the accident that left Minato amnesiac, Chinu has been bottling up her rant against him for the longest time, and if Minato quits water polo, that would be the end of him.

Getting his memories that all flooded back just from that one encounter, Minato's in a very precarious position...and yet to lose it in yet another minor accident that leaves his brain wound reopened, those memories are once again another loss from his brain trauma. To make matters worse, it's his current state of memories lost, and reverting back with the full memories from his past life, his family is helpless this time.

The drama doesn't stop there, oh no. Minato confronting his former coach, only to be met with more disappointment, much less forgetting about Jou and the others and making them a ridicule out of his new personality state (which is lost forever).

Minato has gone bat-shit crazy with insanity...and he can only help himself out of this predicament.
KANLen09Sep 4, 2021 11:58 AM
Sep 4, 2021 11:03 AM
Sep 2015
The real MVP is Minato's voice actor who naturally convince me that he really has two personalities.

I think Minato will play again, but for revenge, for everyone that abandon him, by using his new team as his pawn. And that'd make a team's atmosphere unbreathable. But I expect that in the end he'll combine all of his memories.

But one good thing is that now it's unlikely that Minato will date with that girl who I never intend to remember her name. Sports anime must "remain" free from heterosexual relationship at any cost.
Sep 4, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2018
Fell from his bike and lost his memories again. Well, Minato regained his memories from the past but lost his ''new'' memories. The bad and farce attitude is back and his friendship and future is gone for the moment. I don't really like the change but it was expected for this to happen.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 4, 2021 11:18 AM
May 2021
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Minato has truly gone crazy with the insanity of furher losing his memories...

...and no one can help him out other than himself.

But Man This is mappa's Orginal so There is No Manga and LN
Sep 4, 2021 11:25 AM

Jun 2019
Seeing Minato now, you wouldn't expect that he was such a cocky asshole back then when he had his memories. Minato got his memories back but wow, what a twist to his story once again. That little head struck on the road made him lose all his last year's memories.

And... now he's back to being an asshole to his family and all his friends. I hate this Minato so much. I hope he gets his memories back and becomes friendly to his family and his new friends who care about him this much. He has gone crazy right now.
Sep 4, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2021
I really don't like his old self (`ー´)

Hmm this second time losing his memory I find it a bit far-fetched, I don't know what to think...
I had already started to like the series, but now this doesn't convince me xd

Now the team is in trouble, although I feel that Minato will join in the end anyway
Sep 4, 2021 11:37 AM

Sep 2020
Well, that twist was truly unexpected. I like how the story is turning, it makes it less linear and foreseeable.

I don't think that Minato has necessarily two personalities, what we saw before his second memory loss was just his self before middle school. Some of the experiences he made after that must've turned him into the arrogant asshole we saw in this episode and I hope we'll get to see what made him change so much. Was it one particular situation or has it developed over time? Was it just his ambition to win and his superiority to the other members? I wonder.

I expect that he regains his full memory either next episode or the one after, and him coming back to his lovable personality.
Sep 4, 2021 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
@harshro45 what the hell are you on? Your argument makes no sense at all.
Sep 4, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2021
KANLen09 said:
@harshro45 what the hell are you on? Your argument makes no sense at all.

I think you didn't get it.. don't mind..
Sep 4, 2021 12:10 PM
Dec 2020
Pretty good episode, the episodes before were kinda dragging and were, well, we just knew what would happen, but this turn makes the anime more entertaining, although kinda sad for the new team, we will hopefully see some growth somehow.

Pretty yikes tho, he was a very, well, obviously we know he was good, but a rotten personality.
some people...
Sep 4, 2021 12:23 PM
Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
Minato's dark side has shown its true colours, and Chinu knows it all too well to bring up that disheartenment.

From breaking his Senpai (Hiroshi Ichinose) with his and their new coach's presence out of his passion for water polo to the accident that left Minato amnesiac, Chinu has been bottling up her rant against him for the longest time, and if Minato quits water polo, that would be the end of him.

Getting his memories that all flooded back just from that one encounter, Minato's in a very precarious position...and yet to lose it in yet another minor accident that leaves his brain wound reopened, those memories are once again another loss from his brain trauma. To make matters worse, it's his current state of memories lost, and reverting back with the full memories from his past life, his family is helpless this time.

The drama doesn't stop there, oh no. Minato confronting his former coach, only to be met with more disappointment, much less forgetting about Jou and the others and making them a ridicule out of his new personality state (which is lost forever).

Minato has gone bat-shit crazy with insanity...and he can only help himself out of this predicament.
when did they say they were lost forever?
Sep 4, 2021 12:23 PM

Jul 2011
What we learned from this episode, kids? Use helmet, and don't do cycling in heavy rain.

My idea to make Minato get back, is the TV mode, you smack real hard and hope to work.
Sep 4, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
@harshro45 ah I saw why you quoted it, sorry for the outburst. This is just a warning for every episode discussion. Seems like you're new to the discussion forums, so this is just FYI.

@well_itslb I must have commented too fast on it. It should not be lost forever, but for the moment itself.
Sep 4, 2021 12:30 PM
Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
@harshro45 ah I saw why you quoted it, sorry for the outburst. This is just a warning for every episode discussion. Seems like you're new to the discussion forums, so this is just FYI.

@well_itslb I must have commented too fast on it. It should not be lost forever, but for the moment itself.
Ye makes more sence cuz I didn’t see when they said they were lost forever but lost for now
Sep 4, 2021 12:38 PM
Apr 2019
I'm just gonna say it, this amnesia thing doesn't do much for the story. I never liked it and now it makes the story all the more jumbled. And this personality change ruins Minato's character. It's all contrived drama for the sake of drama.
CrimsonKing25Sep 4, 2021 12:44 PM
Sep 4, 2021 1:05 PM
Aug 2018
Pitch meeting of this serie :
Ok, so, let's have a guy who is the best, you know, but, then, he lose his memory and fitness because of an accident... yeah, he's gonna lose all of his memory of water-polo because he has to start again from scratch you know...

Then, for the whole show, we're gonna pretend he's a good guy, almost no one will mention he was an asshole (even though asking a girl to kiss him if he's the best is kinda an asshole move... but the girl will clearly not show she hates him... actually she will spy on him like she's concerned about him...).

Then, when everything is fine, main character discover a recording of him being an asshole... decide to meet with a girl he talked once... (instead of you know... former teammate, parents, sister, coach...) ; the girl will directly accept to go talk to him walking through the rain and wait on a random bridge... a guy she actually hates by the way... (because you could not ask her by phone like 99% of people actually do).

At the exact moment he has regained all of his memories, by total coincidence, he will fall down in the most unbelievable way possible, and lose one year of memory."

___

At this point, this is more a parody than anything... You know, when the writer feels godlike and use medical condition in a very very convenient way because they can not be bothered to write a good story (which is not without making me remember about the girl on the train...).

I'm not even sure how they can conclude that story in 4 episode.

Sep 4, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 2020
I think minato will go back to the yamanami team or whatever and play anyway. Seems like he’s mostly good at water polo and not much anything else. Although he’s gonna be hard on his team if he doesn’t regain his memories

Imo I wouldn’t mind either way if he regained his memories or not it’s a fun twist to see his old personality. It’s okay for the MC to be an asshole sometimes I think
Sep 4, 2021 1:33 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I liked the first half of the episode, but i really didnt like the whole thing with him regaining and loosing his memories.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 2:13 PM

Mar 2017
I think having Minato experience amnesia TWICE is a bit much. Just finding out that he used to be a horrible person was shocking and impactful enough - adding his loss of memories over the past year to become an awful person again is just overkill
Sep 4, 2021 2:25 PM

Jul 2021
- LOL at the douchiest coach ever. "You stopped for a year? No future AT ALL for you ini water polo, even if you were the best in the nation"... WTF

- This whole second amnesia thing is super gimmicky and unrealistic

- The girl is a total mamacita

- I don't like the new MC, gimme back the old one

- The pilot starts to feel quite convoluted, and there are only 4 episodes to go...

Still enjoying the ride, so far : )
Sep 4, 2021 2:32 PM
Sep 2021
i feel bad for the people who dropped the show, i already liked it but now it got so much more interesting, can't wait for next week :D
Sep 4, 2021 4:26 PM
Jan 2021
As much as I hate the new or more accurately old Minato I love the contrast between the two and I find it similar to Akashi from kurokos basketball and I hope at some point the the old and new Minato come together to take the best aspects of both and join the team again
Sep 4, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2020
Well that happened fast, didn't expect this to happen.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 4, 2021 4:54 PM

Jan 2019
I think my favorite character so far is Minato's dad's beard. It's so full and glorious- something that isn't super common for anime dads.

We got to discover that original Minato was a douche. It kind of reminded of a Christina Applegate show from a while back, Samantha Who? The MC there also had amnesia, and a big part of the show was her discovering how much of a jerk she used to be and subsequently trying to be a better person. Hopefully bad Minato does the same.
Sep 4, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2020
what the...

this changed everything. It's a bit weird how quickly he lost his memories again but I wasn't expecting Minato to be like this :(

The first half of the series did a good job hiding it

Sep 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Jun 2021
Damn good episode.

I'll admit that the whole re-amnesia concept is a little far fetched, but I really enjoyed how quickly things changed in this episode.

The idea of "new" Minato disappearing and the old "dark" Minato re-appearing is an unique concept and I honestly did not expect this show to go this route. The way the story developed in this episode was really interesting and I'm looking forward to how this unfolds from here on out.
Sep 4, 2021 5:29 PM

Feb 2021
Losing only the most recent section of memory is sort of maybe unrealistic but then again the brain is still largely a unknown so I suppose it is possible I would guess not likely but possible.
His personality switch is sort of an interesting element, especially if he does regain full memory then he has to recon front his past again and himself.
I actually really like the girl character I don't like her and Minato but she is a fairly ok written female especially for a sports anime.
The optimal outcome for me is if he remembers the rules and his old form and just has to build his muscles back and gets his old memories back and has to decide whether he wants to live in the past or the present.
Because it would have inner conflict yet also progress the story and allow the team to play at a decent level instead of him just sucking.
Sep 4, 2021 5:29 PM
Oct 2019
This really was an unexpected event, the story just got better. They should add a 'drama' tag to this anime. I learned from this episode to be the best i can so in a future i can be happy of my past self.
Sep 4, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
the dark Minato that this, it was very heavy his actions things are heading to the drama this is getting interesting, yeah i'm excited for the next episode.

I was surprised with this change of Minato, I prefer him more cheerful and kind to the team, who he left aside followed another path.
Sep 4, 2021 6:09 PM

Sep 2019
He miraculously regained his memories just to lose his new ones in a few minutes... This episode was so dumb lmao
z00nexSep 5, 2021 12:59 AM
Sep 4, 2021 6:13 PM
May 2020
Minato: Biking home in rain
Me: Imagine if he gets in another accident and loses his memories again lmao
Minato: Falls off his bike and loses his memories again
Me: What

This anime is starting to annoy me
AlanawojcSep 4, 2021 6:17 PM
Sep 4, 2021 6:40 PM

Jul 2017
bruh he falls off his bike and loses his memories again? this is some bullshit
Sep 4, 2021 7:01 PM
Sep 2014
Zerity said:

Only His most Recent Memories. The Memories from the last 3 years for Minato ,Well They are Not Pretty but it will give him a road to redemption.
Sep 4, 2021 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
leelee619 said:
Zerity said:

Only His most Recent Memories. The Memories from the last 3 years for Minato ,Well They are Not Pretty but it will give him a road to redemption.

yeah ik, thats really some like BS right there. Like if they wanted him to lose his memories again for the sake of plot progression and only the part where he was nice they could of done it in a less lame way. I know like 5 people who have fallen off a bike and hit their head and come out with either no injury (those were the people going as slow and maybe a tad faster then Minato was in that scene) to others who just bleed and maybe had a concussion and they were going at least double his speed
Sep 4, 2021 8:25 PM
Feb 2018
This is the stupidest — i lose my new memories and gained my old memories scene — i've ever seen, it was so forced i was cringing so hard as it happened, poor writing all the way to the bank.
Sep 4, 2021 8:43 PM
Sep 2020
well that certainly changed the pace really fast
Sep 4, 2021 8:55 PM
May 2021
So minato suddenly lose his memory again after gaining back his past in the same day? Lol i can't 😂
kuskuss123Sep 4, 2021 9:06 PM
Sep 4, 2021 9:02 PM

Apr 2015
Lol the way Minato lost his memories again - and only losing his new memories while remembering his old ones, at that - was so forced, but ngl I'm liking the way this is going entertainment-wise. The past few episodes were pretty boring, but this random change of events got me with my popcorn ready. This anime should also be tagged with a "drama" genre cause I'm living for it. I do feel bad for Minato's family though...

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 4, 2021 10:24 PM

Aug 2019
Clas1ck said:
I really don't like his old self (`ー´)

Hmm this second time losing his memory I find it a bit far-fetched, I don't know what to think...
I had already started to like the series, but now this doesn't convince me xd

Now the team is in trouble, although I feel that Minato will join in the end anyway

It's actually not as far-fetched as you may think... When someone gets a serious head injury that causes problems like memory loss, it can cause further injuries that aren't as severe to cause issues on the same level (this one wasn't as severe seeing as he just fell off of his bike). Seeing as how he had just gained an entire 3 years worth of memories only what we can assume is less than an hour of leading up to his latest head injury, this kind of event is quite possible, when thinking about how his brain never got enough time to process the return of all these memories before immediately getting squished by the pavement yet once again. RIP my boy's head..... (edit - wow I didn't even notice you were all complaining about this, but basically my comment can serve to educate all of you (I'm not hoping to upset any of you, but what happened really isn't BS))
Sep 4, 2021 10:49 PM
May 2018
Esmera said:
This anime should also be tagged with a "drama" genre cause I'm living for it. I do feel bad for Minato's family though...

Heh, we got some cheesy yet kinda endearing comedy at he first half and now drama comes. I guess we'll spend the next episode or two resolving this problem.

Checklist:
Solving his memories / personalities (will they kinda merge in the end? or the new personality will kinda accept his past?)
Rejoining the team
Playing the tournament

Guess that's what will happen in the next 4 episodes. Just going along for the ride.

Black_T-shirt said:
-
LOL at the douchiest coach ever. "You stopped for a year? No future AT ALL for you ini water polo, even if you were the best in the nation"... WTF

He simply said 'your current level of physique isn't good enough for our team now', which is fair.
Sep 4, 2021 11:11 PM
Feb 2021
Pretty good plottwist i'd say i think minato was saying that hes scared if was to regain his old memories but forget the new one's.. that was a great foreshadowing, It looks like i understimated this anime a bit the genre is sports, and school but damn the drama.. The old minato is an asshole but his actions rn are pretty understandable tbh. His 1 year has gone he has no place for his old team, his in 3rd year and his new team is a bunch of amateurs which he don't recognize and it all happend just after he was about to become japan's best waterpolo.. also that chick i was like oh i ship her and minato but nvm 😅..
Thank god this is an anime original which means i can enjoy it without getting spoiled
TheAnimuWeebSep 4, 2021 11:15 PM
Sep 4, 2021 11:31 PM
Feb 2021
[quote=z00nex message=64312025]He miraculously regained his memories just to lose them again in a few minutes... This episode was so dumb lmao[
z00nex said:
He miraculously regained his memories just to lose them again in a few minutes... This episode was so dumb lmao

No no He regained his old memories but lose the new one's lmao do you even read subtitles? This episode was not dumb in fact it is so good. some people regained their memories miraculuosly because something triggers it and that what happens in minato. You just don't like drama man just drop this show
Sep 4, 2021 11:56 PM

May 2017
LMAAAAAAAAAAO wtf was this. first remake our life and now this show with doing the gimmick twice over. Is this some sort of new trend?
Sep 5, 2021 12:57 AM

Dec 2020
pretty girl went a bit too far with her words.. even if he Was the minato she hated and gained some of his memories back she was still being an ass

mid school minato is Also an ass but i honestly felt really bad for him at the end. i mean, working your ass off to be "the best", doing nothing else but that and leaving out normal things kids do to wake up as to what feels like a one year coma and miss out on all the path and opportunities you worked hard on. fuckin awful

the "oh no amnesia" thing is kinda wack tbh cant believe they did a part 2 of it😭 but whatever
Sep 5, 2021 12:59 AM

Sep 2019
TheAnimuWeeb said:
z00nex said:
He miraculously regained his memories just to lose them again in a few minutes... This episode was so dumb lmao

No no He regained his old memories but lose the new one's lmao do you even read subtitles? This episode was not dumb in fact it is so good. some people regained their memories miraculuosly because something triggers it and that what happens in minato. You just don't like drama man just drop this show
I like drama, not when they force bullshit like this though .P
Sep 5, 2021 1:02 AM
Dec 2019
z00nex said:
It was not a miracle in the first place. The episode clearly explained he started regaining his memories because of similar scenerios happened with his past and current self. That's exactly how it works.
Sep 5, 2021 1:05 AM
Dec 2019
TheAnimuWeeb said:
Pretty good plottwist i'd say i think minato was saying that hes scared if was to regain his old memories but forget the new one's.. that was a great foreshadowing, It looks like i understimated this anime a bit the genre is sports, and school but damn the drama.. The old minato is an asshole but his actions rn are pretty understandable tbh. His 1 year has gone he has no place for his old team, his in 3rd year and his new team is a bunch of amateurs which he don't recognize and it all happend just after he was about to become japan's best waterpolo.. also that chick i was like oh i ship her and minato but nvm 😅..
Thank god this is an anime original which means i can enjoy it without getting spoiled
Well it's not about his current situation. Minato was always like that from the beginning ( an assh*le i mean )
Sep 5, 2021 1:18 AM
Oct 2019
Ok, that was some bullshit plot right there. I'm not a doctor but i know your brain doesn't just lost & recover memory at the same time when your head hit the ground.I know it's anime & its need some kind of drama for the story to develop but imma drop this show
Sep 5, 2021 1:32 AM
Jun 2021
Is there manga for this anime?
Sep 5, 2021 1:56 AM
May 2020
So shook. No only loses their memory like that. But oh well. Didn't like how the girl acted. Even if she felt that way, she still lied to him for a year, smiled in his face, and acted like things were fine. Then when he asks her, clearly sad and remorseful she says all that. If they could have had a real conversation and talked things out, he probably wouldn't have been as down.

Can't find spoilers because it is an anime original.

Because I am so into psychology, I am not even mad at Minato. I just want him to see a psychiatrist and a behavioral therapist lol I felt so bad when he cried at the end. I remembered how he told the team that he was scared to gain back his memories because he might forget them. He even cried when saying it.

It was so hard to watch his attitude towards the team. Felt so bad for them. And now their dreams at this moment is crushed until they can get Minato back. But it will be weird.

Based on the op song and imagery he will get better and come back to them. It will probably be like the last two episodes where he comes to his senses, remembers the last year and they all swim together.

But I was not expecting this at all and I am conflicted.

Part of me kind of likes this side of him, only because I like when characters aren't just happy go lucky and there is some sort of turmoil that makes things complex. But the other side of me wanted him to remember everything, maybe have his moment of sadness but feel encouraged to just be a better Minato. But I guess not.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Tikvah-SanSep 5, 2021 2:04 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2021

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.