Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, Toga with that crazy face. They're not fucking around with these villains this arc in the slightest.

Her fight against Chitose is the highlight of this episode imo. I think most interestingly is that Toga was able to use Urakara's quirk in her form. As twisted as her logic of love is, this episode showed a lot of her true skill and determination.
Aug 28, 2021 2:05 AM
Jul 2020
Toga flashback was well done. They are not bringing back the skipped stuff sadly. The animation of this arc is poorer than joint training arc. Bones is overworking their staff. Hopefully they do a good job in future episodes and s6.

Anime onlies after watching this season please consider reading manga atleast for my villain academia. It is a much better experience. For now enjoy the season.
Aug 28, 2021 2:22 AM
Jan 2018
Pranav_Madduru said:
Toga flashback was well done. They are not bringing back the skipped stuff sadly. The animation of this arc is poorer than joint training arc. Bones is overworking their staff. Hopefully they do a good job in future episodes and s6.

Anime onlies after watching this season please consider reading manga atleast for my villain academia. It is a much better experience. For now enjoy the season.

I thought the animation in this episode was one of the best of the season.

Toga’s fight, Dabi’s fight intro.

There were a few stills, but I could count them on one hand.
Aug 28, 2021 2:51 AM

Jun 2019
They went straight into fights there. Toga also got some screentime in this season for the first time. Her fight against Chitose was good. Her crazy face during the fight tho. Some flashbacks of Toga's past and how did she go insane.

I felt so bad for her there but glad that she escaped from there using Uraraka's ability. It was an alright episode from My Villain Academia's perspective.
Aug 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Jan 2021
Well, they told us a bit of history about the liberation front, it was brief but I hope that in the future they will develop it further 0.0

A power up for Toga and Tomura has also improved his ability
Hmm I guess I have an idea of what the arc is going to be about

I think the animation could be improved, but this is definitely going to be very interesting c:
Aug 28, 2021 3:06 AM
Jul 2020
Maxxzs said:
Pranav_Madduru said:

I thought the animation in this episode was one of the best of the season.

Toga’s fight, Dabi’s fight intro.

There were a few stills, but I could count them on one hand.

Ya not bad but in comparison with joint training it was a bit iffy. But please do consider reading the manga after this season. I am talking for mva coz some stuff were removed( important stuff).
Aug 28, 2021 3:07 AM

Jul 2013
Toga's time to shine! We got to see her backstory and her and Shig's quirk upgrades.
Aug 28, 2021 3:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More development for Toga but xD I just hope that she'll die next but it probably won't be the case sadly.
Aug 28, 2021 3:13 AM
Dec 2020
What is up with so many still frames...did they ran out of budget or something.. otherwise the episode was amazing
Aug 28, 2021 3:14 AM
May 2021
Main focus of the episode was obviously togas power up and I wonder how overpowered this might make her tbh cause she could just turn into shigaraki whenever and use decay but her backstory was also done very well and makes a lot of sense to why she likes blood so much
Aug 28, 2021 3:16 AM

Apr 2020
This light speed pace is not helping the show at all.
Aug 28, 2021 3:18 AM

Dec 2020
Nice that we got some flashbacks of toga past and the foght against Chitose was nice, now she developed her technique she can use ochako quirk.
This episode has toga some screentime and tomura has also develop his quirk.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Jul 2019
The episode was not bad but the pacing is way too fast, this arc needed to be slower.

Also the skipped stuff is still nowhere to be found, Bones is doing the bare minimum at this point.
Aug 28, 2021 3:27 AM
Jul 2020
itz_Aditya28 said:
What is up with so many still frames...did they ran out of budget or something.. otherwise the episode was amazing

They overworked their staff this year. For 80 employees making 7 to 8 anime is ridiculously stressful also not to mention about the fucking movie which ruined this season.
Aug 28, 2021 3:31 AM

May 2020
We are two episodes in MVA, and the big fights have already started. Bit of a backstory for Toga, and we saw how she wasn't normal right from the beginning and searching the meaning of normal life.
They did a decent job adapting her part.

And from the preview of next week we'll have Twice on focus next.
Softhenic03Dec 26, 2021 12:54 AM
Aug 28, 2021 3:33 AM
Mar 2021
I feel so incredibly sorry for anime only’s. Anyone that read the manga knows this was absolutely incredible. I was on the edge of my seat and thought for sure Toga was dead. Oh well… shame that studio bones doesn’t give a crap about their western audience. Not like I DONT KNOW!! My hero academia is the most popular series for western audience. This is Studio Deen’s level of dog crap animation for this series. Studio bones… step up mates.
Aug 28, 2021 3:37 AM
Oct 2016
We got some juicy information in this episode. Learning more about the lone LOV girl Himiko Toga. Seeing her backstory about how she killed a boy she loved in middle school, drinking his blood afterwards. Then disappeared leaving everyone stunned, her parents saw it beforehand when she was a child. How her love for things and fascination with blood mixed together to create someone whom doesn't fit into what society would call a normal life, or a normal person. Toga became another victim of modern society letting people fall through the cracks. Her parents shunned her which made Toga create that fake persona all her school friends saw, until one day the mask broke off. Intense fight with her and Curious, the lady being able to make anything she touched explosive is almost like a nerfed version of gambit from X-Men. But we see how Curious has laid dozens of traps all around the area she lured Toga. Leading to her meta ability going to its limits letting Toga even use the quirks of those whose blood she's drank! Using Uraraka quirk to lift up and drop Curious and her people.

Her little minions even wanting to become bombs themselves for the cause was nuts. This whole meta liberation army is like a super cult, these people are psycho. We see all throughout the episode just how overwhelming their numbers are compared to the League. Spinner and Compress just completely out matched by sheer numbers. Shigaraki nearly passing out from exhaustion since hes been fighting Gigantomachia these past few months. But his quirk going further too like Toga, letting his decay spread to people hes not been touching. Shigaraki is getting more dangerous by the minute. Dabi having to face another high ranking Liberation member whom can control ice, like super control it even from freezers. Just as Twice is finding a nearly dead Toga, things aren't looking good for the League.
Aug 28, 2021 3:38 AM

Aug 2020
Hmmm...... not sure why it took me this long to realize , but yeah this season is just not good .

the pacing was just horrible in this ep . it felt so rushed , and i am not even a manga reader .the animation has taken a true nose dive . It isnt terrible , but the overuse of stills is not at all bones like . it just felt like they copypasted the manga panels as storyboards . the directing is very lackluster , which is very rare for bones' staff .

And it is a shame , because the content they are adapting right now seems to be very interesting . think i might just give it one more ep before i take a peek at the manga.
Aug 28, 2021 3:39 AM
Oct 2016
kfsilver89 said:
I feel so incredibly sorry for anime only’s. Anyone that read the manga knows this was absolutely incredible. I was on the edge of my seat and thought for sure Toga was dead. Oh well… shame that studio bones doesn’t give a crap about their western audience. Not like I DONT KNOW!! My hero academia is the most popular series for western audience. This is Studio Deen’s level of dog crap animation for this series. Studio bones… step up mates.

You're absolutely right they don't care about the western audience. And why should they? The popularity overseas doesn't effect them in any way. They cater to the Japanese fans whom are the true fans. And Japanese fans love this season! They keep rating it high
Aug 28, 2021 3:39 AM

Aug 2015
Amazing episode, one of the best this season.
I loved Toga's backstory.

This season is progressing slightly being saved by this MVA arc.

Question: before MVA the word used was quirk. Are quirks and 'meta powers' the same thing just with a different name, or is there a difference?
If this gets answered in the future then don't tell me.

I think for this MVA arc, instead of Deku, it should have been someone else doing the next episode previews.
It would have been amazing if Toga and Twice or even just Twice by himself did the preview.
Their dynamic is so good throughout the show
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Aug 28, 2021 3:40 AM
Oct 2016
Pranav_Madduru said:

Spinner big moment hasn't happened yet. That's when they'll bring that stuff back. Bones is not over working their staff lol. This isn't Mappa.
Aug 28, 2021 3:48 AM
Mar 2021
Dukino said:
kfsilver89 said:

You're absolutely right they don't care about the western audience. And why should they? The popularity overseas doesn't effect them in any way. They cater to the Japanese fans whom are the true fans. And Japanese fans love this season! They keep rating it high

Well I guess it’s just a spit in the face to Horikoshi
Aug 28, 2021 3:56 AM

Apr 2021
the pacing is kinda shit tbh, but I loved the toga backstory
Aug 28, 2021 4:03 AM
Nov 2020
This ep was ok ig. The only scene that I liked was Toga turning to Uraraka and running away. I heard so many great tings abt MVA but so far there hasn't been anything interesting, I know its too soon to say but regardless that's how I feel rn. I don't feel like reading the manga anymore, I guess I would just stay an anime-only and hope s6 doesn't get any worse
Aug 28, 2021 4:15 AM
Mar 2020
Dukino said:
Pranav_Madduru said:

Spinner big moment hasn't happened yet. That's when they'll bring that stuff back. Bones is not over working their staff lol. This isn't Mappa.
"This isn't Mappa". This just proves that you don't know anything about anime production schedules. Here are some studios that do not overwork their staff: Ufotable, KyoAni. The end. Pierrot, JC staff, Cloverworks are worse than Mappa. This is a problem with the entire anime industry, not some particular studio.

Now about MHA. Ofc the team is being overworked. They literally have no breaks. Not only are they doing a movie and tv show simultaneously, they immediately have to start working on the respective Blu-ray releases, and then the next season. This is worse than even Wit studio aot team's level of overworking. (Mappa's aot was a ticking time bomb from the very start).
Aug 28, 2021 4:18 AM
May 2018
Still frames in this episode were awful. Bones has really butchered this season. I really hope next season they don't make another shitty movie and focus mainly on the TV series. Specially that next arc is peak MHA.
Aug 28, 2021 4:19 AM
Nov 2020
OmankoMan said:
Dukino said:

"This isn't Mappa". This just proves that you don't know anything about anime production schedules. Here are some studios that do not overwork their staff: Ufotable, KyoAni. The end. Pierrot, JC staff, Cloverworks are worse than Mappa. This is a problem with the entire anime industry, not some particular studio.

Now about MHA. Ofc the team is being overworked. They literally have no breaks. Not only are they doing a movie and tv show simultaneously, they immediately have to start working on the respective Blu-ray releases, and then the next season. This is worse than even Wit studio aot team's level of overworking. (Mappa's aot was a ticking time bomb from the very start).

It's nowhere near as bad as Wit's Aot schedule but still rly bad regardless
Aug 28, 2021 4:23 AM
Nov 2020
Tiagura said:
Still frames in this episode were awful. Bones has really butchered this season. I really hope next season they don't make another shitty movie and focus mainly on the TV series. Specially that next arc is peak MHA.

Unfortunately, I think at best they can only maintain s5 quality at best. It's expected for the quality of an anime to degrade over the seasons.
Aug 28, 2021 4:27 AM

Mar 2021
Pfff. They really didn't bother to animate Shiggy's quirk upgrade, we got a stillframe. In fact, we got a whole PowerPoint presentation. Very disappointing

Also Toga's bullshit upgrade is still bullshit.

At least I'm looking forward to see Sad Man's Parade, but my expectations are as low as they can be...

Aug 28, 2021 4:29 AM

Jun 2014
The Toga content was adapted pretty well but as expected more stuff has been skipped over. Some of it does seem like stuff that they could come back to later. For instance, they went back and retroactively adapted the stuff we saw at the start of the episode about the history of the MLA. Hopefully skipping stuff now will lead to the later parts of the arc being adapted with minimal cuts.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2017
Don't remember if this was shown before or it'll be later on but could someone tell/spoil me when was it that Toga saw that bloody Deku? Was it during the slime incident or before and if so who got him all bloody?
Aug 28, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
did all of that just happen in a span of 20 minutes???? i feel like it could've been better if it was longer, i mean come on we spent 1 and a half episode for each match on the class a vs class b battle.

i wasn't planning to read the bnha manga at All since there's so much to catch up onto and i can just watch the anime but.. nah man im definitely reading the manga now i Know the anime missed out on a lot
Aug 28, 2021 5:01 AM
Feb 2020
so can toga also copy one for all or is it another case like monoma
Aug 28, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
Yikes, seeing Toga getting battered and bruised endlessly during her fight wasn't an easy watch. Her facial expressions when she was on the back foot were kinda scary, too. Her backstory that was shown was disturbing, which sums up why her vision of a "normal" life is completely different than a normal human here.

The evidence of the league of villains getting stronger is visible for us to see, but this is a battle that has them at a big disadvantage, even more now than at the start of the episode. Shigaraki's powers are immense, but it's making him feel sick to the point of throwing up and Twice is going to go through hell by the looks of it in the next episode preview.

Time to brace myself for another tricky episode to watch next time...
Aug 28, 2021 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
As an anime only I am considering to start reading the mva arc. Should I just finnish this season first or should I just start reading? If so which chapter should I start? I also want to experience the best! :)
Aug 28, 2021 5:14 AM

Oct 2009
The villains are really way more interesting than the heroes, too bad they seem to be brushing through this arc...
Aug 28, 2021 5:18 AM
Oct 2020
A 10/10 episode and such great animaton Im impressed.
Aug 28, 2021 5:20 AM

Sep 2020
Bruh, i never expected still frames in MVA. Like i already have seen those in manga. Studio Bones, step up!
Aug 28, 2021 5:27 AM

Jul 2019
Unlimitits said:
As an anime only I am considering to start reading the mva arc. Should I just finnish this season first or should I just start reading? If so which chapter should I start? I also want to experience the best! :)

If you want to read MVA arc start from chapter 218 and stop at 240 but i'm not sure if you should start now or after the season ends.
Aug 28, 2021 5:36 AM

May 2019
About 5 chapters adapted this time around. Almost nothing too important was skipped (key word: TOO IMPOTANT. They still skipped stuff like Redestro and Giran's conversation, Detnerat's commercials, Redestro and Miyashita, Trumpet's announcement etc.) but the pacing felt quite rushed 'cause they crammed in a bit too much. Mostly shortened rather than cut. And still-frames, and thus the movie's toll on the anime becomes even more apparent. Gotta give a bit of credit tho, the earie music matched the tone, but I think the art should've also shifted to a slightly darker art, that's just me tho. 2.7/5 episode, enjoyable but with a ton of flaws.
Unlimitits said:
This time they adapted chapters 224 to 228. I'd say start from the beginning of MVA (decision's up to you tho). Gigantomachia feels like a much bigger threat than what they portrayed in the anime, they also skipped some stuff regarding Spinner. After MVA, if you decide to continue, you can skip Endeavor's Agency because I think that they did a good enough job on that, and jump to the best arc of the show (in my opinion at least).
Amoh25Aug 28, 2021 5:55 AM
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Aug 28, 2021 5:36 AM
Jul 2020
Dukino said:
Pranav_Madduru said:

Bones is literally overworking their staff. Consider previous year and this year, I mentioned already 7 to 8 anime for 80 employee studio is hectic. You mentioning mappa literally proves that you do not know anything about the situation. Of course mappa overworked their employees but they did not give still images for fight scenes coz they had 250 employees. I do not need to explain the math I think.

Aug 28, 2021 5:38 AM
Jan 2021
SenseiC_ said:
so can toga also copy one for all or is it another case like monoma
im pretty sure in the manga toga said she was able to use urarakas quirk because she knew how it worked so i dont think shed be able to since she doesnt know how ofa works
Aug 28, 2021 5:40 AM
Jul 2020
Unlimitits said:

Better read it afterwards. Coz I am pretty sure there will be a sakuga moment, so i think it is better to experience it first time. Also many people are not mentioning this but read endeavor arc too coz some stuff regarding villains were skipped coz of rearranging.
Aug 28, 2021 5:49 AM
Jun 2015
Garbage Animation, still frames out the ass. Yeah lets put our budget into the shitty joint training arc and a goddamn filler movie so we can make the best arc look like shit. Fuck you Bones
Aug 28, 2021 5:52 AM
Jun 2015
peapanda047 said:
Lol the animation was a bunch of still frames
Aug 28, 2021 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
This arc is trying to convince me that the Liberation Army is the real villain here....
Aug 28, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING EPISODE!!! it was as good as the manga! i'm sad that they didn't use "mine woman" but the soundtrack they used instead was so good as well, so it's ok. i really enjoyed this one! i hope they continue like this <3

Aug 28, 2021 6:07 AM

May 2017
cool stuff for sure. Not sure why Bones downgrades their animators work though. @Sparkleredpanda posted his rough layout from his cuts and his animation was way better than in the actual episode. So weird.

Aug 28, 2021 6:11 AM
Oct 2020
shane_nichols said:
peapanda047 said:
don't mind me unless you can animate better 🙃
Aug 28, 2021 6:19 AM
Dec 2018
shane_nichols said:
peapanda047 said:

Animate it then..

My Candies:

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.