Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2021 6:49 AM
Apr 2016
With the only difference being that this is going to adapt just the latter half of the story as opposed to the first half as it was in Umineko, which means this is going to be probably even worse.

Seriously, I wouldn't watch this if you ever plan to play the VNs.
Aug 25, 2021 7:01 AM
Jan 2018
Yeah this will be Umineko/Tsukihime tier bad. I don't even want to see how Marimo will look in the anime.
Aug 25, 2021 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
VN : Took 50 -100++ hour experience in all all Extra/Unlimtied/Alternative for first BETA
appearance

2021 MLA Anime: BETA first appearance literally in the trailer.

Rance X is A GOAT.
Aug 25, 2021 7:21 AM
Feb 2015
This is probably going to be a 12/13 episodes anime i suppose.
Aug 25, 2021 7:24 AM
Apr 2016
Animaniaig said:
Yeah this will be Umineko/Tsukihime tier bad. I don't even want to see how Marimo will look in the anime.
Exactly. Or Kouzuki for that matter.
But it really isn't only about the character designs... They've also completely changed the whole cast (Which was replaced by younger and more recent and popular seiyuu - Just so they would appeal to kids, who probably can't bear the thought of hearing someone they don't know. They don't give a damn about the fans). And most importantly, they've decided to skip the amazing Extra and Unlimited. It doesn't make sense.

This is going to be a complete train wreck.
JanPriAug 25, 2021 7:41 AM
Aug 25, 2021 7:30 AM
Jan 2020
This could be bad, but why not give it a shot, it isnt out yet. I enjoyed the visual novel alot, and am hyped to see some of my favorite characters animated
Aug 25, 2021 8:23 PM
Oct 2020
Lmao this series is dead. At least the original lives on in our heart.
Aug 26, 2021 9:11 AM

Feb 2017
This is going to be amazing, loved the original series and I can't wait to watch this, probably going to the anime of the year for me ❤ Also Umineko was good.
Aug 26, 2021 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Sphealz said:
This is going to be amazing, loved the original series and I can't wait to watch this, probably going to the anime of the year for me ❤ Also Umineko was good.
What original series? There is nothing like that, this is the 3rd part of the original series.
And how exactly was Umineko anime good when it condensed 80+ hours of VN to 26 episodes that ommited almost any character development... And ultimately didn't even manage to finish the story, as it was just the 1st half of the VN?
Aug 26, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2019
Not even going to try and watch this knowing how visual novel adaptations turn out, and I advise everyone else to do the same. You don't want to make it so you can't enjoy the highest rated VN on vndb because you watched the shitty adaptation.

Aug 26, 2021 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
JanPri said:
Sphealz said:
What original series? There is nothing like that, this is the 3rd part of the original series.
And how exactly was Umineko anime good when it condensed 80+ hours of VN to 26 episodes that ommited almost any character development... And ultimately didn't even manage to finish the story, as it was just the 1st half of the VN?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11021/Muv-Luv_Alternative__Total_Eclipse?q=muv%20luv&cat=anime Also people can have there own opinions, I found the show great, the characters were fun, the plot was good and overall I found the show fun to watch.
Aug 26, 2021 3:51 PM

Jul 2019
Sphealz said:
JanPri said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11021/Muv-Luv_Alternative__Total_Eclipse?q=muv%20luv&cat=anime Also people can have there own opinions, I found the show great, the characters were fun, the plot was good and overall I found the show fun to watch.

That is a spin-off, it's not the original series.
Aug 26, 2021 4:26 PM

Feb 2017
Fax001s said:
Sphealz said:

It came first its the original, so what if its a spin-off lol im not even referring to the vn just the anime
Aug 26, 2021 4:44 PM

Jul 2019
Sphealz said:
Fax001s said:

It came first its the original, so what if its a spin-off lol im not even referring to the vn just the anime

Yeah i know, i just wanted to clear possible misunderstandings.
Aug 29, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
what if the pv is trolling us and we'll get episodes of extra?
Aug 30, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2016
I'll bet money this will be worse than the Tsukihime anime and Umineko anime...especially since I am hearing rumors of this being 12 episodes which will be a irredeemable dumpster fire. This will more than likely get a 1 from me anyway might as well watch to see how bad it is
Aug 30, 2021 6:23 PM
Feb 2015
Catalano said:
what if the pv is trolling us and we'll get episodes of extra?

Pretty sure we're not getting Extra or Unlimited anime episodes. The Muv-Luv YouTube channel is uploading Extra (Sumika/Meiya route) & Unlimited in their channel to help promote the Alternative anime after all
Aug 30, 2021 9:05 PM
Oct 2018
JanPri said:
Animaniaig said:
But it really isn't only about the character designs... They've also completely changed the whole cast (Which was replaced by younger and more recent and popular seiyuu - Just so they would appeal to kids, who probably can't bear the thought of hearing someone they don't know. They don't give a damn about the fans). And most importantly, they've decided to skip the amazing Extra and Unlimited. It doesn't make sense.

Amazing? Let's be honest, Extra is a below-average ecchi harem. Unlimited is better, but still nothing special. It's for a reason that the original game has an average rating of 7/10 on vndb, while MLA is the highest rated visual novel with 9/10.
Aug 31, 2021 3:01 AM
Apr 2016
MyOwnGod said:
JanPri said:

Amazing? Let's be honest, Extra is a below-average ecchi harem. Unlimited is better, but still nothing special. It's for a reason that the original game has an average rating of 7/10 on vndb, while MLA is the highest rated visual novel with 9/10.
Everybody is into something different
Aug 31, 2021 4:09 AM
Oct 2018
JanPri said:

Eh, no. If it was the case, then MLA wouldn't have a 9/10 average rating, the same goes for the top 10 on myanimelist. Most people have a similar taste on average.
Aug 31, 2021 7:55 AM
Feb 2015
MyOwnGod said:
JanPri said:

Eh, no. If it was the case, then MLA wouldn't have a 9/10 average rating, the same goes for the top 10 on myanimelist. Most people have a similar taste on average.

But IMO without Extra & Unlimited, Alternative would only have half the impact. Its thanks to Extra & Unlimited that Alternative felt like a complete story.
Aug 31, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2018
ixarising said:

But IMO without Extra & Unlimited, Alternative would only have half the impact. Its thanks to Extra & Unlimited that Alternative felt like a complete story.

Can't argue with that, it doesn't make them any better, though. I think that MLA would be even more amazing if Extra and Unlimited were more well-written, like, for example, common routes in VNs from Key (Rewrite, Little Busters), which are usually awesome.
Sep 1, 2021 7:54 AM
Feb 2015
MyOwnGod said:
ixarising said:

Can't argue with that, it doesn't make them any better, though. I think that MLA would be even more amazing if Extra and Unlimited were more well-written, like, for example, common routes in VNs from Key (Rewrite, Little Busters), which are usually awesome.

True but i still think Extra & Unlimited did a decent job to setup Alternative, especially the hints in Extra.
Sep 1, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2020
MyOwnGod said:
JanPri said:

Just compare it to Clannad, Clannad after story definitely wouldn't have it's high score, if the original Clannad didn't exist
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Sep 1, 2021 9:17 AM
Oct 2018
DayyanoEYE said:

Just compare it to Clannad, Clannad after story definitely wouldn't have it's high score, if the original Clannad didn't exist

Clannad is an amazing story even without the after story, so it's not the right comparison. In fact, I personally enjoyed some of the alternative routes more than the main+after (Tomoyo's for example). After story is just an extended true end, not a "game on its own". In comparison, the difference in quality between Extra and Alternative is huge.
Sep 1, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2020
MyOwnGod said:
DayyanoEYE said:

Clannad is an amazing story even without the after story, so it's not the right comparison. In fact, I personally enjoyed some of the alternative routes more than the main+after (Tomoyo's for example). After story is just an extended true end, not a "game on its own". In comparison, the difference in quality between Extra and Alternative is huge.
but you completely missed the point? What i meant is Clannad after story is great because of the build-up in Clannad, it doesn't matter whether a build up was better then another. What matters is the thing BUILD-UP, then hits in the last part, which is muv-luv alternative. Also i pretty enjoyed muv-luv extra, almost as much as normal Clannad,(7 - 9) (7.5-9) It felt like they put passione into it, there were many different faces, and the comedy was pretty good. The difference wasn't that huge like you are talking about
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Sep 5, 2021 3:10 AM

Feb 2015
If this one is one cour, it will be the biggest trainwreck ever.
Probably will watch this for Yuuko only.
Sep 5, 2021 4:12 PM
Apr 2021
Cant wait for CHOMP to be ruined by bad cgi, if they even show it
Sep 27, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2014
Animaniaig said:

Tsukihime has an anime?
Oct 5, 2021 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
If somehow this is 12 episodes it will go down in history as the worst VN adaptation.
Oct 7, 2021 6:25 PM

Oct 2009
OppaiSugoi said:
Animaniaig said:

Tsukihime has an anime?

Umineko has an anime?
Oct 15, 2021 3:54 PM
Jan 2011
Ich_bin_einBaum said:
Cant wait for CHOMP to be ruined by bad cgi, if they even show it

Oh gawd. We finally found how to turn THE CHOMP into an even bigger nightmare - ruining it with anime adaptation.
Oct 15, 2021 3:54 PM
Jan 2011
Nemesis2005 said:
OppaiSugoi said:

Tsukihime has an anime?

Umineko has an anime?

MuvLuv has an anime?
Dec 2, 2021 4:11 PM

Jun 2016
yvsei said:
Not even going to try and watch this knowing how visual novel adaptations turn out, and I advise everyone else to do the same. You don't want to make it so you can't enjoy the highest rated VN on vndb because you watched the shitty adaptation.
The visual novel is trash anyway. Being the highest rated does not mean jack shit.
Dec 2, 2021 10:16 PM
Feb 2015
Edocchi said:
yvsei said:
The visual novel is trash anyway. Being the highest rated does not mean jack shit.

I don't understand why you need to say this. In fact this is something that i never understand.
It's okay to dislike something, but don't disrespect something and call it trash. It's the product of many people's hard work. Would you be happy if your boss calls your hard work trash? Hell would you be happy if anyone calls you trash. Don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you.
Why do you need to come here just to say the VN is trash? Does it make you feel superior? It makes you feel you're better than others?
Nowadays people just keep saying i say what i want, i write what i want. It's freedom of speech.
Yes you can say what you want, but it's still important to be respectful. You don't like it, it's okay. It's not your cup of tea, totally understandable. No one has the right to insult you for it, nor do you have the right to insult the creators and fans who like this.
It's because people thinking they can say whatever they want that cyberbullying exist and in worst case it results in suicide.
Dec 3, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2016
@ixarising of course you like High School DxD
Dec 3, 2021 1:56 AM
Feb 2015
Edocchi said:
@ixarising of course you like High School DxD

So? What does me liking High School DxD have to do with this? Are you trying to talk about anime i like, then there's Gundam, Code Geass, Shakugan no Shana, Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan among others. Are you going to use those anime to downgrade me or something? Go ahead then if it makes you feel superior to me.
Dec 4, 2021 6:20 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Edocchi said:
yvsei said:

That's certainly a hot take. Can you tell me why you dislike the visual novel since most people praise it? I want to check it out after finishing Muramasa, Baldr Sky, and this one other otome game I'm playing.
Dec 5, 2021 12:31 AM

Sep 2016
LeonhartAugust said:
Edocchi said:

That's certainly a hot take. Can you tell me why you dislike the visual novel since most people praise it? I want to check it out after finishing Muramasa, Baldr Sky, and this one other otome game I'm playing.

If I were you I would just play it for yourself and form your own opinion. If anyone dismissed Muvluv as trash I would be skeptical that they even played the damn game. The anime is rubbish though, don't get me wrong.
Dec 5, 2021 7:32 PM
Feb 2015
LeonhartAugust said:
Edocchi said:

What SatanaeI said, it's best if you play it yourself. After all not everyone can like the same thing. Like how i like Gundam Seed Destiny but not every Gundam Seed fans likes it.
Dec 18, 2021 9:29 PM
Dec 2013
Edocchi said:
yvsei said:

Not trash but a deeply flawed while still enjoyable work. The problem isn't really Alternative though it's the rest of it. There's like 20-30 hours of required reading to get to Alternative and it just feels like that could have been condensed. Also the ending to Alternative is not good. Maybe the sequel will make me feel better about that.
Dec 20, 2021 3:43 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
Animaniaig said:

Tsukihime has an anime?

Tsukihime at least has a manga version that fully adapts one route.
Umineko got much better treatment in VN aswell, same for MLA manga.
Dec 20, 2021 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
You said it. Damn. This adaptation is so half assed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

82 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:31 AM

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.