Forums

⭐️List Design Contest Registration and Discussion⭐️

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2021 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
AkeZZZ said:
Shishio-kun said:

You can post me a screenshot here and I will look at it then we can resolve any font issue. For others to see custom fonts, you have to upload and directly link any font only found on your device (assuming this font is not installed on other user's devices). Otherwise you could use Googlefonts or default browser fonts.

It looks like this in Chrome.
https://imgur.com/wZxuNdN

Yes, I will can add a text description/background to your entry if you give me one, everyone has this option. Obviously it can't be trolly or inaccurate (not that you'd do that, referring to other people) but whatever you want to add is fine.

The font I've used is this one -> https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Comfortaa

Ah ok, yeah we can't see the font but you should be able to install it with an import at the top like

@\import "https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amaranth";

Maybe it's supposed to be (as on the font's page)
@\import "https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Comfortaa:wght@300&display=swap";

I go over it here in the first two minutes of this video too if needed
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1792455

Dec 16, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Shishio-kun said:

Ah ok, yeah we can't see the font but you should be able to install it with an import at the top like

@\import "https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Comfortaa:wght@300&display=swap";

ahh... thanks a lot,
I'm checking it again, I think it gonna be okay this time with some slight change in coding.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 16, 2021 11:42 AM

Feb 2010
AkeZZZ said:
Shishio-kun said:

ahh... thanks a lot,
I'm checking it again, I think it gonna be okay this time with some slight change in coding.

Yes, it seems like it might be correct now :D

I can't share a screenshot so you can confirm it since Imgur is down, but I will tomorrow
Dec 17, 2021 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
@AkeZZZ

Looks like this now, seems correct

Dec 17, 2021 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
Shishio-kun said:
@AkeZZZ

nice!

thanks a lot.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 17, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2010
AkeZZZ said:
Shishio-kun said:
@AkeZZZ

nice!

thanks a lot.

And also thank you, and good work! :D
Dec 17, 2021 4:52 PM

Apr 2018
Shishio-kun said:
@Squashbucklr
@imperator-sky
@Half_Bl00d
@SAOLover69k
@avaoir
@tuputamadre2
@goldnailclipper
@eli_shmeli
@Rejuvenated
@Uji_Gintoki_Bowl
@Gin-san123
@Andre5820
@Endless_end
@Valluk
@Valerio_Lyndon
@lukaazman
@AkeZZZ
@Zei33
@ShaggyZE
@getNorted
@NoleDormire
@cweeper

Deadline is in one week, so please get your list design(s) ready! :D Try to log in after that day, in case there's any issue with your list I can let you know, so you can address it.

If you need an extension of time let me know soon or at deadline!

If you have a specific browser you need me to view your list with, let me know (for screenshots and video). I don't use it personally, but I will probably use Chrome to screenshot and record lists, since it is the browser of choice for many users.

Also remember:
1. If you are using a premade layout make sure you changed the images (banners, backgrounds, etc) to qualify.

2. Make sure your list is set up for public viewing and not private or friends-only
https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences

3. Check your post to make sure you entered the correct list in your post (anime, manga, or both).

I reread the rules - I made my design, so I didn't need to change the images. Oh well - I've changed them anyway.
I commit crimes recreationally
Dec 18, 2021 12:47 AM

Dec 2018
I'm finally done with my finishing touches. There are definitely areas that I would have liked to improve on, but at this point I think it's at a fine spot, especially since my focus is on the technical side rather than the visuals. Already thinking of more technical improvements for next competition, lol.

I did all of my testing in a Chromium based browser and Firefox, and it appears to work fine on both. However, I noticed that the animations are a bit smoother on Firefox, but only by a little bit, so it probably wouldn't be noticeable in the recording.

LMK if you have any questions or if I should write something about the API I made for this or if there's anything else I need to do.
Dec 18, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2010
@Squashbucklr very cool! I'll be sure to show the cover animation in preview! :D
Dec 18, 2021 8:52 AM

Oct 2020
I will be entering my anime list. I have nothing in my manga list.
Dec 18, 2021 6:23 PM

Jun 2017
@Shishio-kun: Here's some technical details for the list.

- I've added new graphics to the list, so now every category (Watching, Completed, etc.) looks different, based on different UI skins in the game.
- There's a lot of animations on the list, all of which are pure CSS (some of which are massive code-wise). Majority of the elements react on hover, while the gallery and its elements react on click.
- The animation that flips the gallery entries on click has 90 elements which change dimensions and positions over 14 timestamps. Big. xD In fact, due to the animations this is now the list with the largest code I have made (623 KB, without the descriptions).
- I made the font used for the Scores myself, emulating the emblem of the House of Hades in the game.
- All list entries have full synopses, taken from their MAL page, which appear on entry hover. The synopsis panels also differ in appearance for each of the 6 categories.
- The Gallery looks a little bit different in each category as well, and has some bonus interactivity in the All Entries page.
- The Category Links menu also looks a little bit different in the All Entries page.
- The health bar in the bottom left fills up as you scroll down, just a fun new interactive element.
- The Gallery's close button is on the bottom center, just a note for when you record it.
- The Filters page is fully customized, though it makes the Edit/Add page a little wonky (since that one cannot be styled in CSS unfortunately).
- All entries with a title of any other color than white have an extra panel on the right side that appears on hover. That panel overlaps a bit with the synopsis panel, so if you record them, do both the entries with and without it.
- Both anime and manga list look the same, there is no technical differences between them, besides the minor changes to fit the manga entry format. Feel free to show it though, so that people will know it works on both.
- While I recommend viewing the list on at least 1080p screen, the entire list is fully scaleable, and majority of the elements are svg so it has the same quality on every resolution.
- It works in all the browsers I checked, so there shouldn't be a problem in that department.
Dec 19, 2021 6:55 AM

Feb 2010
Half_Blood said:
@Shishio-kun: Here's some technical details for the list.

- I've added new graphics to the list, so now every category (Watching, Completed, etc.) looks different, based on different UI skins in the game.
- There's a lot of animations on the list, all of which are pure CSS (some of which are massive code-wise). Majority of the elements react on hover, while the gallery and its elements react on click.
- The animation that flips the gallery entries on click has 90 elements which change dimensions and positions over 14 timestamps. Big. xD In fact, due to the animations this is now the list with the largest code I have made (623 KB, without the descriptions).
- I made the font used for the Scores myself, emulating the emblem of the House of Hades in the game.
- All list entries have full synopses, taken from their MAL page, which appear on entry hover. The synopsis panels also differ in appearance for each of the 6 categories.
- The Gallery looks a little bit different in each category as well, and has some bonus interactivity in the All Entries page.
- The Category Links menu also looks a little bit different in the All Entries page.
- The health bar in the bottom left fills up as you scroll down, just a fun new interactive element.
- The Gallery's close button is on the bottom center, just a note for when you record it.
- The Filters page is fully customized, though it makes the Edit/Add page a little wonky (since that one cannot be styled in CSS unfortunately).
- All entries with a title of any other color than white have an extra panel on the right side that appears on hover. That panel overlaps a bit with the synopsis panel, so if you record them, do both the entries with and without it.
- Both anime and manga list look the same, there is no technical differences between them, besides the minor changes to fit the manga entry format. Feel free to show it though, so that people will know it works on both.
- While I recommend viewing the list on at least 1080p screen, the entire list is fully scaleable, and majority of the elements are svg so it has the same quality on every resolution.

- It works in all the browsers I checked, so there shouldn't be a problem in that department.

Awesome! I'll note the health bar in the voting post so users see it, cool feature! :D
Dec 19, 2021 9:23 AM

Feb 2010
Before we begin voting (MAL users will vote on their favorite design from your entries to decide Member's Favorite!), let me know if the screenshots or recordings have any problems. This a preview of the voting thread! If you really don't like the recording we can discuss a change or maybe add an additional screenshot or recording for what I overlooked.
If there is an exceptional amount of original stuff on your layout or something not previewed well initially, I already added additional screens/recordings.

I had to record in Opera GX because MAL won't let me login Firefox atm.

Comments?
If you want me to put any comments with your list screenshots, let me know now. It's optional. You may want to let users know you have other categories customized. I might put comments anyways if the layout is original or a nice rework of a premade design.

Original designs
Also if your layout is original, I will let you know here, as then you are eligible for Best Original Layout. But let me know if I made a mistake and yours is original but I didn't say so. Remember, Original is defined as 99% your own coding and exceptionally different from the default MAL layout. And if your layout is based on a premade, you are eligible for the Best Makeover category!

Color
I've decided to add a new badge, "Exceptional use of Color"! This isn't a category but a reward badge for layouts meeting the criteria. I know it sounds strange (may change the name) but we used to have a Best Use of Color category and this lets me add it back without dedicating a category to it.

@Squashbucklr
This counts as an original layout so its eligible for Best Original Layout.

@Half_Blood

@imperator-sky

@avaoir

@SAOLover69k
This is a really good design and lovely table, is it originally coded by you? It seems to have some elements in common with LukeLC's layouts but I can't tell for certain atm.

@tuputamadre2

@eli_shmeli

@Rejuvenated

@Uji_Gintoki_Bowl

@Gin-san123

@Andre5820

@Endless_end

@Valerio_Lyndon

@lukaazman

@AkeZZZ

@Zei33

@ShaggyZE

@NoleDormire

@cweeper

@_Luck

Shishio-kunDec 19, 2021 9:43 AM
Dec 19, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2010

@The_Early_Bird
Your anime list is the reskin I did of Clarity with snow- you have to change images at least for the contest.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1640096#msg55335899

@getNorted
No layout, so I guess it couldn't be done in time? Or is the layout somewhere else? I can also grant extensions of a few days if needed.
Dec 19, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
@Shishio-kun: Looks perfect! ^^ Feel free to add any textual description to the post, including anything from my previous post.
Dec 19, 2021 10:08 AM

Feb 2010
Half_Blood said:
@Shishio-kun: Looks perfect! ^^ Feel free to add any textual description to the post, including anything from my previous post.

Great! :D

Do you have a screenshot or video of the game with these menus/graphics/etc? So that we can show the users a comparison and they'll understand the effort better, if they don't play the game.
Dec 19, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
Shishio-kun said:

@The_Early_Bird
Your anime list is the reskin I did of Clarity with snow- you have to change images at least for the contest.

@getNorted
No layout, so I guess it couldn't be done in time? Or is the layout somewhere else? I can also grant extensions of a few days if needed.
@Shishio-kun done
Dec 19, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2017
Shishio-kun said:
Great! :D

Do you have a screenshot or video of the game with these menus/graphics/etc? So that we can show the users a comparison and they'll understand the effort better, if they don't play the game.

You can use the ones in this post
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1946334&show=0#msg65169241
The UI skin in the screenshots is in the On Hold section of the list. I can give you more if needed, I have dozens of them that I made as material for making the list xD
Dec 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Dec 2018
@Shishio-kun a few things:

Do you think you can record while sorting by score instead? The primary focus of my list is to showcase the sortable decimals, so it might be nice if that's what the zoomed in view focuses on too. Also, can you hover over entries that have tags? The expanding section kinda looks bland without them. That should be easier at the top of my sorted list. I also worked really hard on making sure the animations sync up for two entries that are right next to each other, so that would be nice too.

Comments:

I definitely want the comments to reflect the work that I put into the sortable decimals. The key features are:
  • Forwards and backwards sortable while on All Anime, Currently Watching, or Completed (and no other filters selected).
  • Sorted within each decimal value (so the entire list is 100% manually sorted)
  • The number next to each entry counts down correctly
  • The decimals are stored within the actual MAL entry, no data is stored on any other service (although the CSS gets generated via another service). The formula for encoding a decimal in a MAL entry is:

• Because of the way they are sorted, they're (roughly) sortable without the generated CSS. If you set the second order field to Rewatch Value (descending) from the filter menu, it gets mostly sorted (.7 and .8 mixed, .5 and .6 mixed, etc). Note that the second order counts as a filter, so my custom sorting code does not run in this case, yet it gets mostly sorted anyway. If I was to rate with only odd or even decimals, it would be completely sortable without the generated CSS.
  • CSS is generated on the fly by a program that I wrote in a similar fashion to how the larger image covers are loaded with the malscraper website. When the CSS document is loaded, it scrapes my list, determines what the decimals and orders should be from only the information from MAL and generates code that will enable my list to be sorted if the criteria in the first bullet applies.
  • Everything is written in such a way that it can be used by anybody, not just me.
  • I also have written some code to automate setting the Rewatch Value and Priority, but it's far from polished and I haven't moved it to a production environment yet, however I do want to stress that once I polish this part, this system will be viable for anyone to use on a daily basis.

I don't know if that's fine as a description, or if you want to write something based on that, or if I should write something a little more clear and concise.

And one more thing, when you link my list on the final post, could you link to it sorted by score like this?
Dec 19, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
The_Early_Bird said:
Shishio-kun said:

@The_Early_Bird

@Shishio-kun done

See rule #2 please, all images need to be changed if you're using a premade layout. The exception is icons and buttons etc or the cover images for the anime rows which are the same for everyone anyways. You still have a lot of the default images from that code we posted. Table colors should also be changed, but I am being lenient on it this year.
Dec 19, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2010
Squashbucklr said:
@Shishio-kun a few things:

Do you think you can record while sorting by score instead? The primary focus of my list is to showcase the sortable decimals, so it might be nice if that's what the zoomed in view focuses on too. Also, can you hover over entries that have tags? The expanding section kinda looks bland without them. That should be easier at the top of my sorted list. I also worked really hard on making sure the animations sync up for two entries that are right next to each other, so that would be nice too.

Comments:

I definitely want the comments to reflect the work that I put into the sortable decimals. The key features are:
  • Forwards and backwards sortable while on All Anime, Currently Watching, or Completed (and no other filters selected).
  • Sorted within each decimal value (so the entire list is 100% manually sorted)
  • The number next to each entry counts down correctly
  • The decimals are stored within the actual MAL entry, no data is stored on any other service (although the CSS gets generated via another service). The formula for encoding a decimal in a MAL entry is:

• Because of the way they are sorted, they're (roughly) sortable without the generated CSS. If you set the second order field to Rewatch Value (descending) from the filter menu, it gets mostly sorted (.7 and .8 mixed, .5 and .6 mixed, etc). Note that the second order counts as a filter, so my custom sorting code does not run in this case, yet it gets mostly sorted anyway. If I was to rate with only odd or even decimals, it would be completely sortable without the generated CSS.
  • CSS is generated on the fly by a program that I wrote in a similar fashion to how the larger image covers are loaded with the malscraper website. When the CSS document is loaded, it scrapes my list, determines what the decimals and orders should be from only the information from MAL and generates code that will enable my list to be sorted if the criteria in the first bullet applies.
  • Everything is written in such a way that it can be used by anybody, not just me.
  • I also have written some code to automate setting the Rewatch Value and Priority, but it's far from polished and I haven't moved it to a production environment yet, however I do want to stress that once I polish this part, this system will be viable for anyone to use on a daily basis.

I don't know if that's fine as a description, or if you want to write something based on that, or if I should write something a little more clear and concise.

And one more thing, when you link my list on the final post, could you link to it sorted by score like this?

I recorded the default list, but I'll try to redo the recording with score you linked.

Yeah I can link to the score sorted page, we've done that before.

I can also use that for your comments, but maybe you should organize it like

CSS is generated on the fly with an ap!

A code anyone can use!

etc with the explanations. And yeah they say less is more but that's up to you if you want to shorten it, I know sometimes it's hard to condense everything down and ppl who also make layouts do care about details like that.
Dec 19, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2018
Shishio-kun said:
And yeah they say less is more but that's up to you if you want to shorten it, I know sometimes it's hard to condense everything down and ppl who also make layouts do care about details like that.

I could write a short version that gets put on the actual post and a link to a full write-up posted somewhere else. The full write-up would include the specifics details about the implementation and information about how to make another layout compatible with it.
Dec 19, 2021 2:07 PM

Apr 2018
@Shishio-kun
Thanks!
...Although, alas, you missed my special text and flashing 10 score for evangelion.
Dec 19, 2021 3:05 PM

Feb 2020
@Shishio-kun

I have hover features for scores and the category rating tags, but most importantly, when you hove over "synopsis", you get a synopsis of the show from MAL, and I'd like that included in the recording if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Dec 19, 2021 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
@Shishio-kun

If you can specify that all categories are customized with the according theme it would be nice. (like the dropped section with Kaiki and a desolated background or the awkward hachikuji smile for the usual never ending PTW because no-one ever finish it)

Also isn't it a little to zoomed? ( the characters on the right and left side )
I thought it worked well on 1080p screen but I don't have monitor of this resolution anymore so I can't check.

In 1440p everything should be fine, and in 2160p it need a 50% unzoom iirc.

Anyway thank for all the hard work on the contest!
imperator69Dec 19, 2021 6:20 PM
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Dec 19, 2021 10:23 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Looks good. 👍 I see the plus icon wasn't showing up so I fixed the CSS for it, but it's up to you if you redo the GIF. I don't mind.
Dec 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
NoleDormire said:
@Shishio-kun
Thanks!
...Although, alas, you missed my special text and flashing 10 score for evangelion.

OK, I can add an extra recording. The flashing colors make the GIF too heavy for MAL (10MB limit) so it couldn't go on for long as I originally intended for yours
Dec 20, 2021 1:14 AM

Feb 2010
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Looks good. 👍 I see the plus icon wasn't showing up so I fixed the CSS for it, but it's up to you if you redo the GIF. I don't mind.

Yes I will redo it. I can also add a close up of K-on Live House being "opened" as well through the "..." part at the end :D
Shishio-kunDec 20, 2021 1:27 AM
Dec 20, 2021 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
Uji_Gintoki_Bowl said:
@Shishio-kun

I have hover features for scores and the category rating tags, but most importantly, when you hove over "synopsis", you get a synopsis of the show from MAL, and I'd like that included in the recording if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

OK, we can add a up close highlight recording, is there a particular anime this is best for?
Dec 20, 2021 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
Squashbucklr said:
Shishio-kun said:
And yeah they say less is more but that's up to you if you want to shorten it, I know sometimes it's hard to condense everything down and ppl who also make layouts do care about details like that.

I could write a short version that gets put on the actual post and a link to a full write-up posted somewhere else. The full write-up would include the specifics details about the implementation and information about how to make another layout compatible with it.

That's a great idea, I suggest a condensed version that highlights stuff with a link at the end, like:

My list uses accurate decimal scores
info info

info info

A code anyone can use!
info info

Full details: blog link

So someone like BurntJelly, Veriti, VL, or Hacker09 could be interested in full details and your ap and view the blog. Should have a blog anyways imo to link to other enthusiasts. When the average users sees there's decimals and an ap involved with the headings they will be extremely impressed too. I'm quite impressed with that as well lol. If you want to do it please get it to me in the next couple days here

Dec 20, 2021 1:25 AM

Feb 2010
imperator-sky said:
@Shishio-kun

If you can specify that all categories are customized with the according theme it would be nice. (like the dropped section with Kaiki and a desolated background or the awkward hachikuji smile for the usual never ending PTW because no-one ever finish it)

I thought it worked well on 1080p screen but I don't have monitor of this resolution anymore so I can't check.

It's not zoomed, I am pretty sure I am 1080p. Unfortunately it has never been possible to accurately see different screen sizes without the screen, there's always minor differences, so maybe that's the issue. I think it still looks wonderful on 1080p tho

Yes I can do that, I'll add extra screenshots with dropped and completed categories and point out the unique customization per category! :D

btw is this ALL Monogatari anime themed? I can point that out. I've only seen Bakemonogatari

Dec 20, 2021 4:34 AM

Mar 2016
Shishio-kun said:
imperator-sky said:
@Shishio-kun

It's not zoomed, I am pretty sure I am 1080p. Unfortunately it has never been possible to accurately see different screen sizes without the screen, there's always minor differences, so maybe that's the issue. I think it still looks wonderful on 1080p tho

Yes I can do that, I'll add extra screenshots with dropped and completed categories and point out the unique customization per category! :D

btw is this ALL Monogatari anime themed? I can point that out. I've only seen Bakemonogatari

Yep, all monogatari!
And for the screen size matter, just add a little "made for 1440p screen" it should be enough so people don't find it strange.
Thx!
imperator69Dec 20, 2021 4:40 AM
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Dec 20, 2021 4:40 AM

May 2010
@Shishio-kun Like Uji_Gintoki_Bowl's list, I also have hover code for tags and synopsis, so if you feel my layout needs 2 gifs then I think a slight hover to at least the synopsis would be nice (to showcase having tags used properly, mini-review and synopsis as usually people will sacrifice one of these for the other)

however, I believe only the 2nd gif is really necessary as the main showcase for my lists is the multiple youtube videos on multiple pages of both my anime and manga list using data-query that has not yet been fully taken advantage of by many people.
Dec 20, 2021 7:30 AM

Feb 2020
Shishio-kun said:
Uji_Gintoki_Bowl said:
@Shishio-kun

OK, we can add a up close highlight recording, is there a particular anime this is best for?

I would personally recommend Violet Evergarden, because it has all of the things that are added (score+synopsis hover, category score hover, special badge tags, and a lot of tags).

I just wanted to say that you are doing an amazing job with all of your correspondence and organizing, so tysm!
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Dec 20, 2021 8:50 AM
Jun 2021
@Shishio-kun

My theme is a mix of pre-made layout Mirai Remix and Madoka Grid-Style Layout.
I wanted a simple theme for myself so i tried to mix the code of these two pre-made layouts cause i'm not very good with CSS.
idk what exactly to put in comments but maybe you can add this link in the comment, it contains the code file.
Dec 20, 2021 8:55 AM
Dec 2020
Shishio-kun said:
Before we begin voting (MAL users will vote on their favorite design from your entries to decide Member's Favorite!), let me know if the screenshots or recordings have any problems. This a preview of the voting thread! If you really don't like the recording we can discuss a change or maybe add an additional screenshot or recording for what I overlooked.
If there is an exceptional amount of original stuff on your layout or something not previewed well initially, I already added additional screens/recordings.

I had to record in Opera GX because MAL won't let me login Firefox atm.

Comments?
If you want me to put any comments with your list screenshots, let me know now. It's optional. You may want to let users know you have other categories customized. I might put comments anyways if the layout is original or a nice rework of a premade design.

Original designs
Also if your layout is original, I will let you know here, as then you are eligible for Best Original Layout. But let me know if I made a mistake and yours is original but I didn't say so. Remember, Original is defined as 99% your own coding and exceptionally different from the default MAL layout. And if your layout is based on a premade, you are eligible for the Best Makeover category!

Color
I've decided to add a new badge, "Exceptional use of Color"! This isn't a category but a reward badge for layouts meeting the criteria. I know it sounds strange (may change the name) but we used to have a Best Use of Color category and this lets me add it back without dedicating a category to it.

@Squashbucklr

@Half_Blood

@imperator-sky

@avaoir

@SAOLover69k
This is a really good design and lovely table, is it originally coded by you? It seems to have some elements in common with LukeLC's layouts but I can't tell for certain atm.

@tuputamadre2

@eli_shmeli

@Rejuvenated

@Uji_Gintoki_Bowl

@Gin-san123

@Andre5820

@Endless_end

@Valerio_Lyndon

@lukaazman

@AkeZZZ

@Zei33

@ShaggyZE

@NoleDormire

@cweeper

@_Luck

yes it was originally coded by me, i have no idea who LukeLC is I tried to look at their list but its private
Dec 20, 2021 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
Shishio-kun said:

That's a great idea, I suggest a condensed version that highlights stuff with a link at the end, like:

info info

info info

A code anyone can use!
info info

Full details: blog link

I've written this as well as a club post with more information (which I plan on editing further). Let me know if you have any more suggestions!

Unlike other lists with decimals, when you sort by score on my list, the order follows the decimals. Even within a decimal value, entries are sorted relative to each other, allowing my entire list to be sorted.

CSS is generated on the fly with an API!
No adjustment is needed to the CSS when I add more entries to my list, or when changing decimal scores. Every time the page loads, an API that I wrote generates the code that shows the decimal scores and changes the orders of the entries. The decimal scores themselves are stored within the actual MAL entries, so they can be edited without changing the CSS.

Anyone can use it!
The CSS generator is designed to be used by anybody. As long as you make the necessary adjustments to your base style, It should be as easy for anyone to use this as it is for me!

Full details: click here
Dec 20, 2021 2:43 PM

Jul 2020
Shishio-kun said:

@The_Early_Bird

@getNorted

Yep.

And sorry, i thought i've sent you a message telling that i wouldnt be able to do it.
Dec 21, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2010
Thank you for entering! This is one of the largest turnouts yet. Now the contest begins and you can now vote for your favorite list designs in the thread linked below! It's ok to vote for yourself.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1981071

Important:
As always, do not rally clubs or other groups to vote for you (thus skewing the popular votes more in your favor). I may disqualify your entry if I see this. The contest is intended to be fair and people should only vote for their favorites.

It's ok to tell your friends about the vote of course, and I will mass message our list design club to vote for their favorites so many ppl should know.

I will notify you either in a thread or on your profile if you win any categories or awards and should have the award badges then. Winners will also be announced in our list design club and in the contest forum for all to see. Good luck to all! 🙏

@Squashbucklr
@Half_Blood
@imperator-sky
@avaoir
@SAOLover69k
@tuputamadre2
@eli_shmeli
@Rejuvenated
@Uji_Gintoki_Bowl
@Gin-san123
@Andre5820
@Endless_end
@Valerio_Lyndon
@lukaazman
@AkeZZZ
@Zei33
@ShaggyZE
@NoleDormire
@cweeper
@_Luck

Dec 21, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2018
@Shishio-kun

Sorry, didn't realise I could add a bio. If it's not too late, can you add this to the contest thread?

A bio for my list which is neither trolly nor inaccurate:

Do you ever wish it was still 2012? Or 1999? How about a mix of both, courtesy of your 11-year-old cousin who just learnt about CSS?
Picture this: a strobing, lurid background which doesn't properly tile gives the unfortunate visitor an immediate sense of visual discomfort.
Poorly implemented spurdo-speak tabs extend over the list rows. Your page is continually loading. For some reason Snoop Dogg is above every entry. Why is Score called 'Socialism Points'? Everywhere you look is Comic Sans and flashing and/or rotating elements. All the titles are too small, except Evangelion's which is too large and bright pink. You try to filter the list, but the search bar text is pink-on-red comic sans. Even the copyright disclaimer is Comic Sans. Get me out! This list sucks!
Dec 21, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
@NoleDormire sure, I've added it
Dec 21, 2021 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
ohhh..... I want to add my description, as well as, my screenshots from the rest of the tabs because each of my tabs got a different character theme. thanks

Description
First of all, this list was trial and error designed by the one who got zero knowledge in programming and coding, so it might be not that good. I also want my list to be as plain as possible, just like a list on an A4 paper.
The theme of the list is Love Live, my favorite anime. The main colors that I've used for the text and border are the image colors of each group which are μ's, Aqours, Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, and Liella!.
Each tab, except the dropped tab, has its own theme based on my favorite characters from the franchise which are Nishikino Maki, Sakurauchi Riko, Konoe Kanata, Osaka Shizuku, and Shibuya Kanon.
The background from All Anime, Currently Watching, Completed, and On Hold are cards from 'Love Live! School Idol Festival All Stars', which is one of the Love Live games. Whereas the PTW's background is the end card from the 11th episode of Love Live Superstar because there are not Liella's characters in the games yet. Most of the rendered characters are come from 'Love Live! School idol festival' which is another game from the franchise, which some of them, Kanata and Shizuku, are come from Love Live! School Idol Festival All Stars because there are only a few selections for Nijigasaki character in the game, as well as, Liella character.
The color bars under each tab are using the colors from each character image color, which consist of the image color of Maki, Riko, Kanata, Shizuku, and Kanon.
For the dropped tab, since I don't have any dropped anime, so I put an 11th-anniversary fanart as a background image, which is consists of almost every member. The missing ones are Takasaki Yuu, Taylor Mia, and Lanzhu Zhong, of which the latter two are newly added characters.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 21, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2010
@AkeZZZ OK I've added it with colors intact!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
Apr 24, 10:48 PM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.