Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2021 1:39 PM
Dec 2020
Just finished fate zero 2nd season and I don’t know which part should i watch next. Can I skip other studio part and just watch ufotable or other studios parts are connected to ufotable story.
Aug 3, 2021 1:48 PM
Jul 2020
Fate/stay night, unlimited blade works and fate zero are all connected the rest is just spin offs.
Aug 3, 2021 1:52 PM
Oct 2020
Just watch UBW by Ufotable :)
Aug 3, 2021 1:59 PM

Jan 2017
Fate/Stay Night (2006) (You can skip it as it's not by Ufotable , but you will never see the development of Saber)

Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue
Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works
Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season - Sunny Day

Fate/Stay Night Movie : Heaven's Feel I - Presage Flower
Fate/Stay Night Movie : Heaven's Feel II - Lost Butterfly
Fate/Stay Night Movie : Heaven's Feel III - Spring Song
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 3, 2021 2:09 PM
Mar 2021
Gameralpha said:
Fate/stay night, unlimited blade works and fate zero are all connected the rest is just spin offs.
INSANELY WRONG LMAO
Aug 3, 2021 2:17 PM
Nov 2020
Watch unlimited blade works next and then the heavens feel movies. Everything else you can watch in any order
Aug 3, 2021 2:26 PM

May 2021
No the studio Deen one is not connected to the ufotable one. I would recommend watching F/SN UBW and then F/SN Heaven's Feel from here. You can watch the one from the other studio afterwards if you are really into Fate.
Aug 3, 2021 2:31 PM
Apr 2020
Haha good luck with the fate fans
Aug 3, 2021 2:52 PM
Dec 2020
My recommended watch order

Short version:
1. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works series
2. Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel
3. Fate/Zero
4. Fate/Stay Night(2006)
Note: number 4 is optional

Long version:
1. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Prologue[Can Skip]
-this isn't necessary since you can just skip to episode 1 but this does help in exploring the world of mages
2. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works series[Must Watch]
- remember.. SERIES, not movie
3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Epilogue or Extra ending[Can Skip]
- this isn't really necessary but if you want a "happier end" for fate, you can check this part out
3. Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Trilogy[Must Watch]
4. Fate/Zero[Must Watch]
- Fate/Zero chronologically happens before fate/stay night but it spoils major plot points in heaven's feel and since fate/stay night nasu's original vision for fate, I'd rather spoil fate/zero than fate/stay night(heaven's feel and zero have almost the same quality anyway..)
5. Emiya-san Chi Kyou no Gohan[Can Skip]
- okay so I know this doesn't have "fate" written on it but it's still definitely fate.. Just a happier/more wholesome take on it. I recommend this because it's a wonderful palate refresher after dealing with the depressing nature of both fate/zero and heaven's feel
6. Fate/Stay Night(2006)[my opinion must watch]
- this is the first installment of fate to have come out but many(including myself) do not recommend this show for new watchers because it doesn't really hold up. I personally found this good but alot might not like it's direction.
7. Carnival Phantasm[MUST WATCH]
- this show again is hilarious and a good palate cleanser and a good way to bid farewell to the main fate timeline since now everything I'm going to recommend is either a spin-off or takes place in another universe.
NOTE: everything below will now be shows that doesn't really have anything to do with the main timeline of fate
8. Fate/Prototype[Can Skip]
9. Fate/Apocrypha[Can Skip but i Recommend you watch]
10. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya[Can Skip]
11. Fate/Grand Order
- I haven't seen this show yet so I cant really give my thoughts.

Lastly, there are 2 fate shows I absolutely do NOT recommend to anyone
1. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Movie
- this movie is completely unnecessary, just watch the series..
2. Fate/Extra: Last Encore
- I love studio shaft for the monogatari series and nisekoi but bruh... Last encore was a PAIN to sit Through. characters be confessing their emotions after like knowing them for 10 minutes.. IT WAS A PAIN
Aug 3, 2021 2:54 PM
Dec 2020
1. Fate zero
2. Fate stay night unlimited blade works
3 fate stay night heavens feel
Aug 3, 2021 2:59 PM
Dec 2020
AniPhoenix said:

Short version:
3. Fate/Zero
4. Fate/Stay Night(2006)

Long version:
-this isn't necessary since you can just skip to episode 1 but this does help in exploring the world of mages
- this isn't really necessary but if you want a "happier end" for fate, you can check this part out
4. Fate/Zero[Must Watch]
- Fate/Zero chronologically happens before fate/stay night but it spoils major plot points in heaven's feel and since fate/stay night nasu's original vision for fate, I'd rather spoil fate/zero than fate/stay night(heaven's feel and zero have almost the same quality anyway..)
- okay so I know this doesn't have "fate" written on it but it's still definitely fate.. Just a happier/more wholesome take on it. I recommend this because it's a wonderful palate refresher after dealing with the depressing nature of both fate/zero and heaven's feel
- this is the first installment of fate to have come out but many(including myself) do not recommend this show for new watchers because it doesn't really hold up. I personally found this good but alot might not like it's direction.
- this show again is hilarious and a good palate cleanser and a good way to bid farewell to the main fate timeline since now everything I'm going to recommend is either a spin-off or takes place in another universe.
NOTE: everything below will now be shows that doesn't really have anything to do with the main timeline of fate
11. Fate/Grand Order

- I love studio shaft for the monogatari series and nisekoi but bruh... Last encore was a PAIN to sit Through. characters be confessing their emotions after like knowing them for 10 minutes.. IT WAS A PAIN

Bruh why waste your time on giving the wrong order, ufotable made the fate series to be watched starting with zero then ubw and then hf
Aug 3, 2021 3:05 PM
Dec 2020
Sanyko20 said:
AniPhoenix said:

Short version:
3. Fate/Zero
4. Fate/Stay Night(2006)

Long version:
4. Fate/Zero[Must Watch]
11. Fate/Grand Order

Bruh why waste your time on giving the wrong order, ufotable made the fate series to be watched starting with zero then ubw and then hf
I'm sorry did you not read my reasoning at all? I said it was my recommended order and since nasu's vision didn't originally have fate/Zero included in fate stay night, I thought it would only be appropriate that we experience fate/stay night to its fullest before watching zero. Also, having something intended one way doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed in another.

Lastly, by your logic, I should have recommended fate/stay night(2006) and the unlimited blade works movie which essentially just spoils both the unlimited blade works series and fate/zero because studio Deen did it first and intended it to be watched in THAT particular order smh
Aug 3, 2021 3:07 PM
Dec 2020
AniPhoenix said:
Sanyko20 said:

I'm sorry did you not read my reasoning at all? I said it was my recommended order and since nasu's vision didn't originally have fate/Zero included in fate stay night, I thought it would only be appropriate that we experience fate/stay night to its fullest before watching zero. Also, having something intended one way doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed in another.

Lastly, by your logic, I should have recommended fate/stay night(2006) and the unlimited blade works movie which essentially just spoils both the unlimited blade works series and fate/zero because studio Deen did it first and intended it to be watched in THAT particular order smh

Ufotbale did not make fate stay night 2006 so I wouldn’t have recommended it
Aug 3, 2021 3:21 PM
Dec 2020
Sanyko20 said:
AniPhoenix said:

then you're fine with not watching fate in the intended order after all..

Look man, I'm not saying your recommended watch order is wrong or anything, but in MY opinion, an opinion that I formed based on MY experiences reading the visual novel and watching the anime, watching fate/zero after watching heaven's feel gives a better experience because fate zero-
1. Is darker compared to ubw and heaven's feel(from my experience, a story going from light to dark feels more natural than a story going from dark to light) and
2. It spoils major plot points in heaven's feel and its not like Nasu had fate/zero all planned out when he first released the stay night visual novel.

Just because ufotable intended something doesn't mean it's the end all be all objective watch order
AniPhoenixAug 3, 2021 3:25 PM
Aug 3, 2021 3:34 PM
Apr 2021
AniPhoenix said:
Sanyko20 said:

Look man, I'm not saying your recommended watch order is wrong or anything, but in MY opinion, an opinion that I formed based on MY experiences reading the visual novel and watching the anime, watching fate/zero after watching heaven's feel gives a better experience because fate zero-
1. Is darker compared to ubw and heaven's feel(from my experience, a story going from light to dark feels more natural than a story going from dark to light) and
2. It spoils major plot points in heaven's feel and its not like Nasu had fate/zero all planned out when he first released the stay night visual novel.

Just because ufotable intended something doesn't mean it's the end all be all objective watch order
AniPhoenix said:
Sanyko20 said:

Your order is perfectly fine don't worry about him, and saying stuff like "not watching it in order Ufotable intended it to be watched" when they aren't even the original adaptants lmao, and more so when stay night was released first
Aug 3, 2021 4:06 PM
Oct 2020

This is exactly correct. Don’t need to bother reading anything else.

I agree also with this guy that, Fate/Stay-Night from 2006 isn’t really worth watching.

Just start with Unlimited Blade Works.
Aug 3, 2021 6:29 PM
Dec 2020
Skip the one made by studio deen. If you still want to see what happens id Recommend reading the visual novel for that route but if you aren’t interested in that kind of thing you are totally fine just watching ubw after, then watching the heavens feel movies.
Aug 3, 2021 8:08 PM

Oct 2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/

In this world shrouded in darkness, I learned there was someone who’d been struggling along with me. That alone is enough.

Aug 3, 2021 8:38 PM

Apr 2020
Watch F/SN 2006 next. Then UBW by ufotable. Then HF movies. Then of course Carnival Phantasm.

I started with F/SN 2006 and have no regrets. It gets way too much hate here imo. You will really appreciate UBW and HF more if you watch F/SN 2006.
Aug 3, 2021 8:44 PM

Aug 2020
Since uve already watched fate zero and have an idea of what the franchise is about then there'd be no point in watching Stay night (2006) so instead just watch ubw by ufotable and Heaven's feel and that's pretty much it for the main fate timeline
Aug 4, 2021 3:14 PM
Apr 2020
saifjaved said:
Just finished fate zero 2nd season and I don’t know which part should i watch next. Can I skip other studio part and just watch ufotable or other studios parts are connected to ufotable story.
if u looking for watch order its fate zero then stay night then the ubw movie then the ubw anime then heavens feel^^
Aug 4, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 2020
kosmicsheep said:
Skip the one made by studio deen. If you still want to see what happens id Recommend reading the visual novel for that route but if you aren’t interested in that kind of thing you are totally fine just watching ubw after, then watching the heavens feel movies.
why are you guys hating on the deen one so much like jeez man
Aug 4, 2021 3:49 PM

Jan 2017
Mugen-kairo said:
then the ubw movie then the ubw anime

Why watching the UBW Movie when the TV Series did a way better job at adapting it ? You just ruin the plot twist for yourself.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 4, 2021 4:11 PM
Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Mugen-kairo said:
then the ubw movie then the ubw anime

Why watching the UBW Movie when the TV Series did a way better job at adapting it ? You just ruin the plot twist for yourself.
true but its still a good watch
Aug 12, 2021 1:29 AM

Dec 2020
Just completed it

1. Fate/Zero (2011)
2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season (2012)
3. Fate/Zero : Onegai ! Einzbern Soudanshitsu

After That
Three different route:

1st route:
1. Fate/Stay Night (2006)
2. Fate/Stay Night TV Reproduction (2010)

2nd route:-
1. Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works - Movie (2010)
2. Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue (2014)
3. Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works (TV) (2014)
4. Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season (2015)
5. Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season - Sunny Day (2015)

3rd route:
1. Fate/Stay Night Movie : Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (2017)
2. Fate/Stay Night Movie : Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly (2018)
3. Fate/Stay Night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song (2020)

*EDIT : MOST PEOPLE RECOMMEND TO WATCH F/SN (2006) FIRST , AFTER THAT F/Z (2011) AND F/Z 2ND SEASON (2012) AND THEN YOU CAN CONTINUE F/SN:UBW AND
F/SN-HF*

Then:-

Fate/Prototype

1. Lord El-Melloi II Sei No Jikenbo : Rail Zeppelin Grace Note - Hakamori To Neko To Majutsushi
2. Lord El-Melloi II Sei No Jikenbo : Rail Zeppelin Grace Note

Alternative Settings:-

1. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya (2013)
2. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya : Undoukai De Dance (2014)
3. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya Specials
4. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei ! (2014)
5. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya 2wei ! OVA
6. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya 2wei ! Specials
7. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz ! (2015)
8. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya 2wei Herz ! Specials
9. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei !! (2016)
10. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma★Illya 3rei !! Specials
11. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Movie : Sekka No Chikai (2017)
12. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Movie : Sekka No Chikai (OATH) Special (2018)

ALSO

Fate/Apocrypha (2017)

1. Fate/Extra : Last Encore (2018)
2. Fate/Extra : Last Encore - Irusterias Tendouron

1. Fate/Grand Order : First Order
2. Fate/Grand Order : Moonlight/Lostroom
3. Fate/Grand Order : Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 1 - Wandering ; Agateram
4. Fate/Grand Order : Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 2 - Paladin ; Agateram
5. Fate/Grand Order : Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia - Initium Iter
6. Fate/Grand Order : Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia
7. Fate/Grand Order
8. Fate/Grand Order : Himuro No Tenchi - 7-nin No Saikyou Ijin-hen
8. Manga De Wakaru ! Fate/Grand Order

OTHER THAN FATE BUT RELATED:-

Shingetsutan Tsukihime (2003)

Kara No Kyoukai 2 : Satsujin Kousatsu (Zen)
Kara No Kyoukai 4 : Garan No Dou
Kara No Kyoukai 3 : Tsuukaku Zanryuu
Kara No Kyoukai 1 : Fukan Fuukei
Kara No Kyoukai : Mirai Fukuin - Extra Chorus
Kara No Kyoukai 5 : Mujun Rasen
Kara No Kyoukai 6 : Boukyaku Rokuon
Kara No Kyoukai Remix : Gate Of Seventh Heaven
Kara No Kyoukai 7 : Satsujin Kousatsu (Go)
Kara No Kyoukai 8 : Shuushou
Kara No Kyoukai : Mirai Fukuin

Comedy Series Of Fate Series :-

1. Carnival Phantasm
2. Carnival Phantasm : Illya-jou
3. Carnival Phantasm Ex Season
4. Carnival Phantasm - Hibichika Special
5. Fate/Grand Carnival

Today's Menu For Emiya Family

Farewell To 2016 - Guda Guda Order

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 12, 2021 2:28 AM

Jan 2017
STSayeb said:
MOST PEOPLE RECOMMEND TO WATCH F/SN (2006) FIRST , AFTER THAT F/Z (2011) AND F/Z 2ND SEASON (2012) AND THEN YOU CAN CONTINUE F/SN:UBW AND F/SN-HF

Who recommend this order ?
Only people who watched it when they were actually airing did that , or those who didn't bother with the watch order and just went with the release dates.
Almost no one actually seriously recommand this order when asked. (And there is a huge hate for the 2006 Anime in the community...)

STSayeb said:
1. Fate/Grand Order : First Order
2. Fate/Grand Order : Moonlight/Lostroom
3. Fate/Grand Order : Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 1 - Wandering ; Agateram
4. Fate/Grand Order : Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 2 - Paladin ; Agateram
5. Fate/Grand Order : Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia - Initium Iter
6. Fate/Grand Order : Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia
7. Fate/Grand Order
8. Fate/Grand Order : Himuro No Tenchi - 7-nin No Saikyou Ijin-hen
8. Manga De Wakaru ! Fate/Grand Order

Fate/Grand Order : Moonlight/Lostroom is a Prologue to the Part 2 of the game (The Animes actually only covers some arcs of Part 1.) , it can potentially spoil some plot point of Part 1 (I don't remember much of it to be honest) and is not useful at all for Anime-Onlies.

7. Fate/Grand Order ? I take that you talk about the CMs ?
Those are shorts animation made to promote something in the game (Event , Anniversary , New Arc , ect.) , watching them as Anime-Only is not really useful.

STSayeb said:
Kara No Kyoukai 2 : Satsujin Kousatsu (Zen)
Kara No Kyoukai 4 : Garan No Dou
Kara No Kyoukai 3 : Tsuukaku Zanryuu
Kara No Kyoukai 1 : Fukan Fuukei
Kara No Kyoukai : Mirai Fukuin - Extra Chorus
Kara No Kyoukai 5 : Mujun Rasen
Kara No Kyoukai 6 : Boukyaku Rokuon
Kara No Kyoukai Remix : Gate Of Seventh Heaven
Kara No Kyoukai 7 : Satsujin Kousatsu (Go)
Kara No Kyoukai 8 : Shuushou
Kara No Kyoukai : Mirai Fukuin

Why would you watch the Kara no Kyoukai Movies in chronogical order ?
It's not like Fate with multiple timeline and then a prequel , it was intentionally made in non-chronological order to accentuate a lot more all the mystery side of the story.
This order is not even fully chronological because of 5 : Mujun Rasen , 7 : Satsujin Kousatsu (Go) & Mirai Fukuin...
And Extra Chorus is a side story that happens between some Movies. (After 1 : Fukan Fuukei , 3 : Tsuukaku Zanryyuu & 5 : Mujun Rasen if i remember correctly)

Edit : I added some clarity x)
Alexioos95Aug 12, 2021 2:40 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 12, 2021 2:34 AM

Jul 2020
Check out the "Anime watch guide"club

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 12, 2021 4:36 AM

Sep 2020
ubw>hf>zero

but if you want more content,read the vn,saber is waaaaaaaaaay better than in zero
Sep 2, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2020
Watch Zero before UBW, i have a feeling that i would have enjoyed both of them more if I watched them in that order. Since UBW spoils major parts of Zero and Zero explains things better than UBW.
Oct 15, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2017

Watch Zero after Heaven's Feel if you haven't started it yet. (It happens chronogically 10 years before Fate/Stay Night , but it was made after , and it was intented to be viewed after as well.)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Dec 6, 2021 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
Watching the anime in the order based on the release date is way better because that's how it was intended to be watched by the creators. No one in their right mind would, for instance, watch Kara no Kyoukai in the chronological order, you destroy the mystery.
Fate/Zero was intended to be watched AFTER F/SN and UBW, not BEFORE.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Dec 6, 2021 1:41 AM

Feb 2019
Necrothread but nobody's posted the actual correct order, so:

Read the Fate/stay night Visual Novel, then read Fate/hollow ataraxia. Then:

Well I for one already loved Lain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.