Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk why but I got some Warcaft vibes from this lol

Mainly, I guess it's because of the humans vs orcs conflict going on. Not going to lie, Yuusuke and his party fought like champs this episode without fear. I'm actually kinda impressed but unfortunately, there were also a fallen one on their side. That's a bloody mess.
Jul 23, 2021 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
A fine episode despite the lack of... budget. We're done chapter 17 of manga on episode 15, with 8 chapters left in the arc, would he interesting to see if studio decides to cram another arc in there.
Jul 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
RIP Ryce.
Those Ogres seem to be very strong and tough. However, they are kind of very slow.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... those orcs were hella strong. But, the good thing was that Yotsuya managed to complete the weapon he was gonna use against them and it worked as well, at least for some time.

After that, a little bit of Attack on Titan action in which ten causalities were recorded, Ryce along with ten islanders. Poor guy, I felt so bad for him there. He couldn't do anything. He must've missed his friends so much, even then he was trying to laugh off the situation. A hero indeed.
Jul 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Feb 2019
I don’t think the humans being the bad guys is as cut and dry as they made it seem. Yea, they technically broke the pact, but the orcs were eating them before they offered the buffalo.. and eventually when that ran out of course they’d go back to eating them, so fuck them kids.

That death scene was actually quite emotional. Well done.
Jul 23, 2021 10:07 AM
Oct 2016
These orcs will not go quietly. This battle to eradicate them from the island to complete the quest will cost a lot. Sad to see someone as cheerful as Ryce go out like that. Most brutal death so far, those orcs have some tough skin to break swords. Yotsuya making that ballista shooting the orcs helped. Even then some shots weren't landing right bouncing off or hitting no vital spots. Throwing the boulders at the stronghold walls made things scary, orcs rampaging through. Yotsuya was right saying objectively speaking they're the bad guys not much virtue here but gotta complete that quest. Just the queen and a few stragglers left to kill.
Jul 23, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2020
Goes to show how perspective is key to situations, the villagers are indeed the evil ones considering they're breaking their own promise. RIP my boy, he's gone to meet his friends
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 23, 2021 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
The episode wasn't bad but somewhat boring. Barely had music for some reason?

A certain character died but his death felt anticlimactic, or maybe it was just too fast? I dunno.

Not much else to say about this episode other than Yuka getting Hunter class.
Jul 23, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
Ryce has lived a hard life, though that's not just to say that Yotsuya and the others also bore through some immense hell, now against strong orcs. And dare I say that Yotsuya using a crossbow lends strength, but Ryce, more than being a joker, at least knows how to play the part of the warrior.

A full frontal assault that made me feel like I'm watching The Horde, and Yuka got lucky with her new level-up occupation that only exemplifies her obsession with their world's version of PreCure.

Yotsuya has his first taste of battling one-on-one with the orc, through that obviously didn't translate well, and made it look like a certain Attack On the small Valkedaam village. RIP Ryce for being a decent decoy and a pleasant helper. That role is passed onto Torii with less than half of the supposedly orc army headcount to counter.

So, a backup plan to continue their quest before the deadline, while Shindou and Cantil are after the orc queen...with the humans being the bad guys to break tradition against a pact made between the humans and orcs. Who's to trust in this long outstanding conflict?
Jul 23, 2021 10:34 AM
Dec 2020
dattebayo right at the end of the ep lol.

It was an alright episode. RIP to my guy. I'm not too invested in this, I don't really like any of the characters, even since season 1 and in season 2 it's still the same.

The bow is pretty useful, if they could get it to reload quicker it would be a crazy weapon.

some people...
Jul 23, 2021 11:40 AM
Feb 2019
Dattebayo at the end tho.
Jul 23, 2021 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Funny how the info card said that they don't have arrows because their lack of local wood but we see lots of archers and ton of arrows used.

Also, yes, they did indeed break the deal, but the Orcs were the one eating them in first place, I find calling the locals the evil a bit unfair in this situation.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jul 23, 2021 12:00 PM
Jun 2020
Is it just me or Yotsuya’s jobs are actually low-key OP?

With his Blacksmith skills, he was able to create 2 weapons that were able to one-shot Orcs and his other skills are quite useful too(like healing, stopping a creature’s movement, etc.)

Those jobs are rare for a reason.
Jul 23, 2021 12:15 PM

Apr 2018
Well, started off with a story told by Ryce, he always seems to be smiling. But that's probably not the case. An orc attack again, don't really like how they handle this. It doesn't really feel like ''action'' but whatever.

Yuusuke invented a new weapon, a bow, but bigger than a normal one. Seems overpowered but the reload time is long..
And I just found out that the Game Master's VA is the same one as Naruto LOL.

Tokita got the hunter role, hopefully she's useful now.

Queen vs Iu and Cantil.. can't wait to see that

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 23, 2021 12:39 PM

Aug 2020
I dont buy his logic. True, the islanders proposed the agreement, but the orcs are multiplying like rabbits eating all their buffalo. The orcs are the ones who were a threat to the humans. If the orcs weren't the true villains, then they would have helped with the food situation. But the orcs aren't giving the humans anything in return for the buffalo. The situation is basically the same as citizens paying thugs 'protection money' so they wont get beat up. So using that logic would be the same as citizens rising up against the thugs. It doesnt matter who proposes the agreement. The one threatening the other side is the villain here.

Jul 23, 2021 1:06 PM
Feb 2021
Something is lacking in the action scenes.
Jul 23, 2021 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
Feels like turn-based anime with rushed sob story in-between turns. Quality where?
And what's up with GM's voice?
geptorJul 23, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 23, 2021 2:29 PM
Nov 2020
The show tried to pull some moral BS and failed. If you look At it objectively the orcs agree not to kill the humans in exchange for an offering which means they simply subjugated the humans and began to use up the limited resources on the island. When the humans realize that they were either starve or begin to be eaten again they plan to resistance against their subjugators so it doesn’t make them bad guys.
Jul 23, 2021 3:34 PM

Jan 2020
That was a pretty bloody way to go out. I'm not too interested in most of the action bits if I'm being honest but I'm hoping everything goes well for them regardless

Jul 23, 2021 3:39 PM
Jul 2021
I'm guessing it's a lack of time and budget but the animation this episode was atrocious. It's never been good but this one was particularly noticeably bad, only a step above a slideshow.

I'm also really getting annoyed with Kusue, the "fighter", constantly hanging back out of fights (I expect it from Yuka, but not Kusue after that Kobold scene in Season 1); it feels like her character growth has reverted. I get it, one of them has to survive so the rest can respawn, but why not let the weak wizard be the one to stay back safe and at least try to take a hit for the villagers/mercs who can't respawn? At least she actually eventually helped this time, with the bow, but she's the only one aside from the new guy who hasn't yet changed class.
Stink_BugJul 23, 2021 3:50 PM
Jul 23, 2021 4:31 PM

May 2020
DChara said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed, it felt there was a lot of dead air. I quite like the soundtrack of the show, I've got about a dozen of it's songs in my Spotify playlist, so it's a shame to see it so underused.
Jul 23, 2021 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
the conquest with Victory by defeating all the orcs is my impression or the voice of this god change with each episode.
Jul 23, 2021 10:47 PM
May 2020
These fights were kinda underwhelming lol, I'm too used to high-budget fights I guess, but it was cool to see how everybody managed to defeat them with realist weapons and strategies. RIP that guy, he lived a sad life but died smiling.

lmao that guy really said "dattebayo", that was funny
Jul 23, 2021 11:35 PM
Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
I don’t think the humans being the bad guys is as cut and dry as they made it seem. Yea, they technically broke the pact, but the orcs were eating them before they offered the buffalo.. and eventually when that ran out of course they’d go back to eating them, so fuck them kids.

I mean can you really blame them, though? Orcs are above humans on the food chain, eating humans is natural. We slaughter cows and pigs like it's no big deal, orcs eating humans is the same logic. We just disagree because we're humans lol.

But yeah the point isn't "humans bad" as much as "not enough resources for both species to survive"
Jul 23, 2021 11:38 PM
Feb 2021
FenrirBlack22 said:
The show tried to pull some moral BS and failed. If you look At it objectively the orcs agree not to kill the humans in exchange for an offering which means they simply subjugated the humans and began to use up the limited resources on the island. When the humans realize that they were either starve or begin to be eaten again they plan to resistance against their subjugators so it doesn’t make them bad guys.

The point wasn't to make humans out to be the bad guys, it was the acknowledgment that the orcs aren't some always chaotic evil monster species with no sapience. From their point of view they're justified, because they're naturally above humans on the food chain. We just happen to be humans who disagree with them. Imagine if our cows were trying to resist being made into hamburger and how we as humans would feel about that.
Jul 23, 2021 11:52 PM
Feb 2019
Low budget animation. Weird sound mixing. Strange storyboard arrangement. Copious death flags. Cliched writing. And Jesus Christ, the writers of the story are really horrible if they think you need an honourable reason to kill monsters who hunt and eat humans when they can survive on animal meat as well (especially since there are way more animals than humans). This show has never been amazing but at least it made sort of sense in the first season but this time around it is just straight up dumpsterfire trash.
Bro how are the islanders the bad guys for wanting to survive?? They are literally eaters of humans, do you make deals with wild animals? You slaughter them out of existence. That's what it means to be human. That's what it means to be alive.
Jul 23, 2021 11:55 PM
Feb 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Marinate1016 said:

I mean can you really blame them, though? Orcs are above humans on the food chain, eating humans is natural. We slaughter cows and pigs like it's no big deal, orcs eating humans is the same logic. We just disagree because we're humans lol.

But yeah the point isn't "humans bad" as much as "not enough resources for both species to survive"

I don't know what you are pulling, but your point of view is stupid. We eat cows because cows are tame animals, because you can breed them and slaughter them in captivity. You can't do the same with Gorillas. Moreover, you don't do it with animals that can TALK. Orcs are ZERO need to eat only humans. They can just hunt wild animals and live, but THEY CHOOSE TO KILL TALKING SPEAKING SAPIENT HUMANS FOR NO REASON. That is why orcs here are PURE EVIL.
Jul 23, 2021 11:57 PM
Feb 2019
Ahrum said:
I dont buy his logic. True, the islanders proposed the agreement, but the orcs are multiplying like rabbits eating all their buffalo. The orcs are the ones who were a threat to the humans. If the orcs weren't the true villains, then they would have helped with the food situation. But the orcs aren't giving the humans anything in return for the buffalo. The situation is basically the same as citizens paying thugs 'protection money' so they wont get beat up. So using that logic would be the same as citizens rising up against the thugs. It doesnt matter who proposes the agreement. The one threatening the other side is the villain here.

Also I'd be okay with it somewhat if orcs can't eat anything apart from Humans like vampires but they can literally eat anything they want, especially if they are that goddamn strong. I mean how many humans will it take to just feed ONE of those orcs? Those orcs are stupidly evil. I can't believe the writers thought it made sense, and some diehard fans here who are defending this trash writing.
Jul 24, 2021 12:22 AM
Aug 2020
DChara said:

A certain character died but his death felt anticlimactic, or maybe it was just too fast? I dunno.

Not much else to say about this episode other than Yuka getting Hunter class.

This was my thoughts as well. It felt both rushed and too slow at the same time. Definitely the weakest episode so far. Hopefully it is because they are saving the budget for a future episode.

Harem_lover94 said:
Low budget animation. Weird sound mixing. Strange storyboard arrangement. Copious death flags. Cliched writing. And Jesus Christ, the writers of the story are really horrible if they think you need an honourable reason to kill monsters who hunt and eat humans when they can survive on animal meat as well (especially since there are way more animals than humans). This show has never been amazing but at least it made sort of sense in the first season but this time around it is just straight up dumpsterfire trash.
Bro how are the islanders the bad guys for wanting to survive?? They are literally eaters of humans, do you make deals with wild animals? You slaughter them out of existence. That's what it means to be human. That's what it means to be alive.

The episode ended in a weird spot and in the manga the rebuttal to the idea that the islanders are the bad guys happens immediately after the mc makes his comment so I expect it to be right at the start of the next episode.
Jul 24, 2021 12:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dattebayo? Lmao, Naruto's va as the game master. I can't stop smiling when she said it that in the end. Really never expect someone i know filling that half-head being.

Anyway, the story become more thrilling. One important side character for this arc should death while protecting their territories. The used of that crossbow really efficient to broke their unbreakable skins. The flashback just too flash. But its fine enough to brought some bad feeling.

The problem still unresolved, and the queen finally showed herself. Whoever the real bad guys were, you really shouldn't fret that things much, Keita. Because, well, after all the quest still be there to clear up, and that's the true important for your part. So, yeah, focus your mind to clear that shit out, shall you?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 24, 2021 2:11 AM
Mar 2021
Harem_lover94 said:
They were living at Orc teritory long ago, and orc didn't like human were there, i guess. So both human and orc made a contract like human could give them their cows to orc. But due the number of orc recently, it really hard for human to give them enough cows. So techinically human broke the contract. That's why orc eat human instead until human send mercenary to kill orc. It justify for some reason for both sides but Quest still a Quest. Mc and his gang are Hero who trying to save Earth and Isekai at same time even they are weak and some of them are useless.

It's not horible, i like sort of story like this. They need do a teamwork not only with the member but NPC too. Next arc will be more dangerous than this one, but gladly they will have a great ally later too.
Jul 24, 2021 2:22 AM
Feb 2021
Harem_lover94 said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

I don't know what you are pulling, but your point of view is stupid. We eat cows because cows are tame animals, because you can breed them and slaughter them in captivity. You can't do the same with Gorillas. Moreover, you don't do it with animals that can TALK. Orcs are ZERO need to eat only humans. They can just hunt wild animals and live, but THEY CHOOSE TO KILL TALKING SPEAKING SAPIENT HUMANS FOR NO REASON. That is why orcs here are PURE EVIL.

There isn't enough wild game for that to be feasible, this is a volcanic island with minimal fauna.

So no, it isn't "no reason", the reason is that there's no viable food source. They made a deal with the humans where the humans would raise food for them to avoid becoming food themselves.

You're imposing a lot of human morals on a situation that is an outside-context problem to anything we as a human society have encountered. "You don't do that to animals that can talk" why not? Because as humans we think that's wrong? The antagonists aren't human, they're orcs. Why do we hold orcs to our morality? They're a species that eats humans, why would they care about whether or not their food can plead for its life?

And at the end of the day, whatever amount of logic is in the argument is irrelevant, because whether or not the orcs are in the wrong (they are) isn't the issue. Yotsuya is blaming the humans because Yotsuya is fundamentally an anti-human misanthrope who disdains society due to his past, and his "objectivity" in this instance is the naturalist perspective "survival of the fittest is fine". We aren't supposed to agree with him, we're supposed to understand that, yes, he's raising valid points, but the orcs are ultimately the unreasonable party here and that's why they have to go.
MugenNoShirayukiJul 24, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 24, 2021 2:31 AM
Feb 2021
Harem_lover94 said:

No, you don't make deals with wild animals. You kill and eat them. Which means the orcs are acting pretty enlightened here, actually. You're viewing this from a biased human perspective. From an orc perspective humans are just prey animals. Why should they care about what their food wants? Did you ask your hamburger if it wanted to be eaten?
Jul 24, 2021 2:42 AM
May 2021
Naruto made an appearance in this episode

So I was watching the episode and I looked away for a sec and heard narutos voice actor as the half head man I was like wattt and then posted on insta about it but I still don’t get why they casted the naruto voice actor (not that I am mad just wanna know) in all honesty I thought they were doing a colab with naruto but that idea was shot down a few seconds later but it could be a conspiracy that the naruto universe is behind this anime all along?!?!?
Jul 24, 2021 3:36 AM

Oct 2016
Fucking RIP to our boy Ryce, you know you're a really good dude when even Yotsuya is crying. Good episode! That new blacksmith job of Yotsuya is pretty fucking useful, that big crossbow and axe are putting in work. I wouldn't really say either sides are evil, at the end of the day it's just all about survival.

That fucking Naruto reference though and his voice actor. They're really grabbing every big voice actors for that half headed dude.
Jul 24, 2021 3:40 AM

Oct 2008
LOLZ at the very last part! DATTEBAYO! voice of the VA of NARUTO!!!
oh god! RIP Ryce! your sacrifice will NOT be in VAIN!!!
5/5.

Jul 24, 2021 3:59 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, there's a lot of people with a very skewed morality here.
Jul 24, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
LMAO GM voiced by Naruto.

Jul 24, 2021 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
omg sequel of this is outstanding awesome !!!
Jul 24, 2021 6:01 AM
Feb 2019
Dr4kon said:

just a bunch of weeb edgelords who think that since they have contrarian views that they are smarter than everyone else. I don't blame them tho, I was like them when I was a teen, but I'm not anymore, and I understand the value of human life now that I'm a grown adult with a job.

They will grow out of their teen angst phase in a few years I hope. If not, then hello FBI agent from the future who is reading their forum posts! I hope you catch them soon!
Jul 24, 2021 8:33 AM
Sep 2019
I really can't feel the hype that i have at the first season , not the whole season 1 but just the first episode of it
Jul 24, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
Orcs are eating humans, so the humans are the bad guys for defending themselves.

Welcome to SJW logic where being fascist and attacking innocents makes you anti-fascist protectors of innocents.

Also Ryce just threw his life away for nothing. The heroes had it handled.
Jul 24, 2021 9:04 AM

Feb 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Marinate1016 said:

Yea I can blame em. Fuck em
Jul 24, 2021 9:58 AM
Feb 2021
Harem_lover94 said:
Dr4kon said:

just a bunch of weeb edgelords who think that since they have contrarian views that they are smarter than everyone else. I don't blame them tho, I was like them when I was a teen, but I'm not anymore, and I understand the value of human life now that I'm a grown adult with a job.

They will grow out of their teen angst phase in a few years I hope. If not, then hello FBI agent from the future who is reading their forum posts! I hope you catch them soon!

I'm an adult with a job and that has nothing to do with anything, because I'm analyzing the story from the conflict it presents given the situation and the perspectives of the parties involved, not from my own position on the matter.
Jul 24, 2021 10:39 AM

Jun 2011
For some reason they changed the game master's VA to the same one as Naruto's used to be. I wonder why?

Of course they just had to add the Dattebayo at the end too lol
Jul 24, 2021 12:26 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This episode had a downright Attack on Titan feeling, from breaching the wall to dying in sacrifice to the whole which side's the bad guy politics. It's a good thing, loved it!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 24, 2021 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
I honestly didn't care about that blonde boi.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 24, 2021 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
this show isn’t getting any better than the last season tbh, was interested to see what they would deliver but my expectations were failed, mediocre show but ima see it thru, hopefully it improves, plus why tf were they crying over a comrade they barely knew, his death also seemed so forced like their reactions. also blond hair dude lame, and when tf is the mc gonna become op, normally i don’t like that trope but they need it to save this show.
Jul 24, 2021 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode but my favorite part was the dattebayo at the end.
Jul 24, 2021 5:17 PM

Jun 2012
Harem_lover94 said:

True. dumpsterfire even feells like an understatement... You can see that this anime could be something good, with good writing and staff instead we get this shit. Maho is one of the worst studiios I have ever seen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

34 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

75 by dhell26 »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:17 PM

» This is konosuba if it took itself seriously.

xsilicon9 - Aug 23, 2023

9 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

48 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 20, 2023 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.