Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2021 9:11 AM

Apr 2018
The source material after season 2 was garbage either way. There were no stakes at all because we don't get to know any of the kids aside from the main 3. Talk no Jutsu is used to solve everything rather than using their brain like they did in Season 1. Ending is garbage because stake didn't matter at all
Jul 19, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
You're right but if the manga was a slow decline while the anime was very sharp decline
Jul 19, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2020
FireBug2005 said:
You're right but if the manga was a slow decline while the anime was very sharp decline

Spitting facts bro.At least we got to experience Goldy Pond in the manga

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 19, 2021 9:35 AM

Oct 2018
The ending of the manga was litter but the ending of S2 was absolute garbage. The author destroyed his own manga. Good thing there was Goldy Pond arc there.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 19, 2021 9:58 AM
Mar 2019
Im thankful i dropped S2 after the halfway point in the story because If i continued further id absolutely be fuming from the rest of the stuff i heard.
Im still mad over it.
Jul 19, 2021 10:03 AM

Feb 2020
Well that's the popular opinion obviously atleast for the "ending plot twist". I personally don't identify with it. but whatever not like this is the first anime for which i have heard this take
AdampkJul 19, 2021 10:09 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 19, 2021 10:31 AM
Aug 2019
Maybe Cloverworks dreaded the idea of adapting the whole story with the proper pacing b/c they didn’t like the manga? Then they decided to just finish it with the second season?

That would be running through my mind if I was forced to work on something I didn’t like lol. Just a thought though.
Jul 19, 2021 12:42 PM
Dec 2019
ghier said:
Maybe Cloverworks dreaded the idea of adapting the whole story with the proper pacing b/c they didn’t like the manga? Then they decided to just finish it with the second season?

That would be running through my mind if I was forced to work on something I didn’t like lol. Just a thought though.

Cloverworks has messed up a lot of endings this season...tpn s2, horimiya and wonder egg priority.
Jul 19, 2021 12:45 PM
Aug 2019
Subham2942 said:
ghier said:

Cloverworks has messed up a lot of endings this season...tpn s2, horimiya and wonder egg priority.

Yeah ik, it’s just there’s got to be a reason in there beyond just the studio always does this… because they have shows where they didn’t botch the ending, right?
Jul 19, 2021 12:47 PM

Mar 2020
ghier said:
Subham2942 said:

Yeah ik, it’s just there’s got to be a reason in there beyond just the studio always does this… because they have shows where they didn’t botch the ending, right?
They're owned by Aniplex that doesn't give them proper funding to make multiple seasons of anything, but ask Cloverworks to adapt big franchises.
Blame Aniplex, not the studio, they're doing their best with what they get.
Jul 19, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 2019
ghier said:
Subham2942 said:

Judevin said:
ghier said:

They're owned by Aniplex that doesn't give them proper funding to make multiple seasons of anything, but ask Cloverworks to adapt big franchises.
Blame Aniplex, not the studio, they're doing their best with what they get.
I was not really blaming the studio...or anyone actually. I was only mentioning how 3 cloverworks project from the same year had messed up its ending.
Jul 19, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 2019
No.. No it wasn't to this degree. This second pretty much adapted the worst parts of the Manga and even managed to make them worse.
Jul 20, 2021 3:22 AM
Jan 2021
The manga is over hated. Yeah, the later half of the manga isn’t as good as the first half, but it’s nowhere near comparable to what happened in S2. At least the manga had the Goldy Pond arc, better character development, more intense scenes and deaths, the epic bunker raid, better world building, a better reintroduction for Norman, and interesting internal dialogue, etc. The ending of the manga wasn’t great, but it was infinitely better than the anime ending!
Us613Jul 20, 2021 3:51 AM
Jul 20, 2021 3:27 AM
Jan 2021
el3mel said:
No.. No it wasn't to this degree. This second pretty much adapted the worst parts of the Manga and even managed to make them worse.

Facts! The manga did go downhill a bit after Goldy Pond, but it was nowhere near as bad as season 2. Season 2 basically cut out all of the good things that happened after the escape arc and made the bad parts even worse.
Jul 20, 2021 3:35 AM
Jan 2021
ghier said:

It’s the production committee’s decision on whether or not to adapt the whole story, not CloverWorks. Also, some of the animators who worked on TPN S2 have said they were disappointed that they had to skip Goldy Pond and other arcs in the story.
Jul 20, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 2021
Without any doubt season 2 if had animated properly still it will not be as good as first season it will a average (6/10) but they skipped every good part and just showed the end ( I know that was not end but you can take that as a end) and ruined even good aspects of season 2
Jul 20, 2021 4:46 PM
Nov 2020
Dragevard said:
The source material after season 2 was garbage either way. There were no stakes at all because we don't get to know any of the kids aside from the main 3. Talk no Jutsu is used to solve everything rather than using their brain like they did in Season 1. Ending is garbage because stake didn't matter at all
I honestly don’t disagree with the choice to go original. I just think it was done very poorly
Jul 20, 2021 5:17 PM
Jan 2021
Adampk said:
Well that's the popular opinion obviously atleast for the "ending plot twist". I personally don't identify with it. but whatever not like this is the first anime for which i have heard this take

It may be a popular opinion that the manga ending was bad, but it’s not a popular opinion that the entire source material was bad.
Jul 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Feb 2020
Usr_TJ said:
Adampk said:

It may be a popular opinion that the manga ending was bad, but it’s not a popular opinion that the entire source material was bad.

that's what i said
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 6, 2021 3:38 AM

Apr 2020
They could’ve easily fixed it though. But they didn’t and now we’re stuck with this trainwreck
Aug 12, 2021 11:40 AM

Dec 2008
It got better as it went on imho and ended perfectly, I honestly never understood these opinions.
Aug 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2020
excuse me what. the title is critisicing the manga but op in your post you're simply criticising season 2?? and not the manga? which is valid, but decide on a route will ya

tysm iva-🐢💜

Dec 18, 2021 1:34 AM
Feb 2021
I thought season 2 was waayyy worse than the manga! Sure the manga goes downhill, but it’s at least polarizing and there are a lot of people who enjoyed it all the way through. Season 2 is universally hated and widely considered one of the worst anime adaptations ever! As bad as some people think the manga becomes, it’s definitely not widely considered one of the worst manga overall.

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.